Remember me
▼ Content

What It Means To Be James___



Page 2 of 3<123>
31-10-2021 22:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3804)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Harvey, you forgot to mention kentucky corn whiskey and crap sack. Just not sure if you're someone I'd want to take advice from.


You take advice from no one. I suspect you don't follow instructions either. Anybody that tells you different. hates Norwegians, and only wants to prevent you from having a life (whatever that means).

A lot of people have tried to build perpetual motion machines, every one of them, a failure. Why do you think anybody is going to buy, or fund you gravity wheel project? Before doing business, you can expect a background check. Which, often includes your internet activity these days. They are going to look to see if you are credible, or a crackpot. Are you going to be an embarrassment, or an asset. You don't seem to have the capacity to tell the difference. People are either supporting you, or discriminating against you.



Not sure what you're talking about Harvey. I'm building at my expense. And yet you're saying I want other people to pay me for building it.
Don't you have something better to do than to attack someone who is handicapped? Kind of what I mean when people listen to preachers and politicians who say just know how good you are.
And yet when I work to have something, I'm making people like you feel cheated for not having any initiative. That shouldn't be my problem but people like you are jealous of me because I am willing to work to change my life situation.
And to repeat myself ad nauseam, conservation of energy is allowed by the 1st law of thermodynamics.


You made it clear, that you hope to profit from your project, so you can have a life. I do projects just for me, sometimes for others, but I don't expect to profit from my work. Though, I do save a considerable amount of money, doing the work myself. I usually learn something in the process, and get satisfaction from doing something, most people would pay to have done. Some of my projects, are unique, as serve a need, that usually can't be bought off a store shelf. Mostly, it's about learning new things. Later in life, I may make a few bucks on the side, and continue to save a lot of money by doing it myself. I have no interest in fame or fortune, or changing the world. The world would be just fine, if people would stop trying...

Your gravity wheel, isn't going to demonstrate anything new, or unique. Just reaffirm what's already know, and demonstrated thousands of times, in a similar manner. There is always going to be losses. You gravity wheel has to produce more energy, than goes in, just to keep spinning. Which it can't create out of thin air. It has to create a significant amount of energy, if you hope to get any useful work out of the wheel, beyond spinning endlessly. You don't get to create energy, only change it.

Mostly, I tend to view your handicaps and disabilities as mainly mental, a crutch to lean on, at best. You can perform work. Which means you could be gainfully employed. Of course, work sux, and people are basically lazy. Cuts into our enjoyable time. In your case, a pity-party...
31-10-2021 23:00
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
I think you're mentally ill Harvey. You're not my mentor. You simply can't do the math. It did take a lot of work for me to learn it. And yet I'm supposed listen to your advice?
And suck it up Harvey , my mother knew what would happen if she caused me to fail. She knew how people would react to my hearing loss. And my hearing loss is why I couldn't become a preacher. Christians treat me like a leper so becoming a preacher wasn't an option.
Still, it would be nice to retire in Spain. I wouldn't have to put up with people like you. That's where the invention that could create jobs I haven't mentioned. It's not perpetual motion.


p.s., and Harvey, the reason people like you support Trump is because he is all about himself. Illegal immigration? He supports it as long as it profits him.
Immigration? He supports it as long as he profits from it. ie, he inspires people to be all about themselves. I think it's funny that white supremacists and Christians like him.
The DNC should promote how immigration legal or illegal allowed him to have a family in the White House and for him to be successful.
That is why people want to come to America. It will give them the opportunity to be like Donald Trump. That's the reality of the situation and yet you want it both ways. Kind of where I have better things to be doing. I think though with how rich the US is, It's going through a civil crisis .
Edited on 31-10-2021 23:41
01-11-2021 00:18
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
And for your benefit Harvey, I'll need to modify my mathematical model which is 1,350 x (1 - 0.0309)^n. I'll need to see if 1,350 x (1 - n)^n is right. If so then it would show that space is curved as Einstein said it is. No one has ever shown how space is curved.
Because of my hearing loss I've spent time learning math and science. It's how I've spent my leisure time over the years.
But in the US my work has no value. The problem is doing what it takes to be credible. And that doesn't allow for what I want to do. If the answer isn't in the books then Occam's Razor needs to be allowed but it's not.
And If I am successful, nothing free about it. It's that I understood that there are questions that scientists haven't answered.
And with that, I tended to stick with Occam's Razor to keep from overly complicating a possible solution.
And with hand surgery happening in the next month, I might as well take it easy.

p.s., last year I tore either a ligament or tendon in my thumb. Having it fixed will really limit me for a couple of months. Just had other more important things to do. At least I'll have math that I can do while recovering. And then woodworking will be physical therapy. See how well that works?

Edited on 01-11-2021 00:32
01-11-2021 02:00
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
Orbits and atmospheric air pressures are relative to Venus.
What shows the curvature of space is

Earth 1350 x (1 - 0.1755^2)^144 = 14.9
Mars. 1350 x (1 - 0.2^2)^224. = 0.144

I'll probably need to go to the 3rd or 4th power inside the parentheses.
With how close 0.2 and 0.1755 are, it might be possible to find a common value.
The air pressures are close enough for a start. This actually gets into calculus. I'm calculating change and that is one aspect of calculus. Maybe it's a good thing I took some time to become familiar with it? This is one reason why I can play around with math like this. I think that's kind of cool.

p.s., if you guys don't get this, it could become a mathematical proof that Einstein was right when he said space is curved. At the same time it will relate to Newton's gravity and atmospheric sciences. And this forum is about discussing what allows for climatic variances which allows for the different types of weather the Earth experiences, right?
If so, then this is staying on topic. Interpretation is up to the individual as to what "weather " and "climate" is.

Edited on 01-11-2021 02:10
01-11-2021 04:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
I think you're mentally ill Harvey.

Psychoquackery.
James___ wrote:
You're not my mentor. You simply can't do the math.

You can't either.
James___ wrote:
It did take a lot of work for me to learn it.

Learn what?
James___ wrote:
And yet I'm supposed listen to your advice?

It's sound advice.
James___ wrote:
And suck it up Harvey , my mother knew what would happen if she caused me to fail. She knew how people would react to my hearing loss. And my hearing loss is why I couldn't become a preacher. Christians treat me like a leper so becoming a preacher wasn't an option.

Stop whining.
James___ wrote:
Still, it would be nice to retire in Spain. I wouldn't have to put up with people like you. That's where the invention that could create jobs I haven't mentioned. It's not perpetual motion.

What jobs? If it's not about perpetual motion, why build it?
James___ wrote:
p.s., and Harvey, the reason people like you support Trump is because he is all about himself.

Lie.
James___ wrote:
Illegal immigration? He supports it as long as it profits him.

Lie.
James___ wrote:
Immigration? He supports it as long as he profits from it.

So?
James___ wrote:
ie, he inspires people to be all about themselves.

Paradox. Which is it, dude?
James___ wrote:
I think it's funny that white supremacists and Christians like him.

Democrats do not like Trump. It is Democrats that are white supremacists, racist, bigots,and fascists. What has Christianity got to do with any of it?
James___ wrote:
The DNC should promote how immigration legal or illegal allowed him to have a family in the White House and for him to be successful.

WRONG. Trump is what made Trump successful. Only Trump.
James___ wrote:
That is why people want to come to America. It will give them the opportunity to be like Donald Trump. That's the reality of the situation and yet you want it both ways. Kind of where I have better things to be doing. I think though with how rich the US is, It's going through a civil crisis.

Caused by Democrats and their fascism and communism, and by overthrowing the governments of the State of New York, the State of California, and lately the federal government. In each case, they discarded the constitution and implemented an oligarchy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-11-2021 04:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
And for your benefit Harvey, I'll need to modify my mathematical model which is 1,350 x (1 - 0.0309)^n. I'll need to see if 1,350 x (1 - n)^n is right. If so then it would show that space is curved as Einstein said it is. No one has ever shown how space is curved.
Because of my hearing loss I've spent time learning math and science. It's how I've spent my leisure time over the years.
But in the US my work has no value. The problem is doing what it takes to be credible. And that doesn't allow for what I want to do. If the answer isn't in the books then Occam's Razor needs to be allowed but it's not.
And If I am successful, nothing free about it. It's that I understood that there are questions that scientists haven't answered.
And with that, I tended to stick with Occam's Razor to keep from overly complicating a possible solution.
And with hand surgery happening in the next month, I might as well take it easy.

p.s., last year I tore either a ligament or tendon in my thumb. Having it fixed will really limit me for a couple of months. Just had other more important things to do. At least I'll have math that I can do while recovering. And then woodworking will be physical therapy. See how well that works?

Stop whining. Buzzword fallacies.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-11-2021 04:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
Orbits and atmospheric air pressures are relative to Venus.
What shows the curvature of space is

Earth 1350 x (1 - 0.1755^2)^144 = 14.9
Mars. 1350 x (1 - 0.2^2)^224. = 0.144

I'll probably need to go to the 3rd or 4th power inside the parentheses.
With how close 0.2 and 0.1755 are, it might be possible to find a common value.
The air pressures are close enough for a start. This actually gets into calculus. I'm calculating change and that is one aspect of calculus. Maybe it's a good thing I took some time to become familiar with it? This is one reason why I can play around with math like this. I think that's kind of cool.

p.s., if you guys don't get this, it could become a mathematical proof that Einstein was right when he said space is curved. At the same time it will relate to Newton's gravity and atmospheric sciences. And this forum is about discussing what allows for climatic variances which allows for the different types of weather the Earth experiences, right?
If so, then this is staying on topic. Interpretation is up to the individual as to what "weather " and "climate" is.

Random phrases. No apparent coherency.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-11-2021 04:32
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Orbits and atmospheric air pressures are relative to Venus.
What shows the curvature of space is

Earth 1350 x (1 - 0.1755^2)^144 = 14.9
Mars. 1350 x (1 - 0.2^2)^224. = 0.144

I'll probably need to go to the 3rd or 4th power inside the parentheses.
With how close 0.2 and 0.1755 are, it might be possible to find a common value.
The air pressures are close enough for a start. This actually gets into calculus. I'm calculating change and that is one aspect of calculus. Maybe it's a good thing I took some time to become familiar with it? This is one reason why I can play around with math like this. I think that's kind of cool.

p.s., if you guys don't get this, it could become a mathematical proof that Einstein was right when he said space is curved. At the same time it will relate to Newton's gravity and atmospheric sciences. And this forum is about discussing what allows for climatic variances which allows for the different types of weather the Earth experiences, right?
If so, then this is staying on topic. Interpretation is up to the individual as to what "weather " and "climate" is.

Random phrases. No apparent coherency.



ITN, I have to think of Harvey. If I didn't have a Norwegian accent when going to school, I might be like him. It wasn't a lot of fun being the son of a Norwegian. My father was basically a migrant worker.
In the US there are preferred immigrants. When Frederiech Trump and his wife illegally immigrated to the U.S., they were the preferred immigrants.
Because Norway is a socialist country with a comparable standard of living to the U.S., Americans feel threatened. Not being greedy might allow people to have a better life.
As for the math, that's pretty basic. It's not like the US vs Norway but understanding what Newton and Einstein realized.
The value in the parentheses that is to a power and is subtracted from 1 represents the curvature of the space/time continuum.
I won't be surprised if one day they'll be teaching this to 7th graders. It's just a basic math formula that relates Einstein and Newton to quantum physics. And If you want kids to find learning interesting, this might help. Just think Star Trek. The adventure hasn't begun yet.
Edited on 01-11-2021 04:33
01-11-2021 05:01
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
And we're back to if quantum mechanics, and Newton's and Einstein's work helps us to understand the weather, then we can debate how that changes the climate, right?
There's still astronomy but that would be regressing in a way. We all understand moment of inertia, right? You know, why ice ages happen.
Why I like Star Trek.
01-11-2021 05:46
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:... then we can debate how that changes the climate, right?

Not without a formal, unambiguous definition.

James___ wrote:You know, why ice ages happen.

Why should any rational adult believe that ice ages happen?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-11-2021 16:27
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:... then we can debate how that changes the climate, right?

Not without a formal, unambiguous definition.

James___ wrote:You know, why ice ages happen.

Why should any rational adult believe that ice ages happen?

.



If someone understands moment of inertia and conservation of energy then the answer is obvious.
With climate change, a basic definition could be defined by both the flora and fauna in a given region.
And example of this could be the clear cutting of a forest or a stream becoming filled in because of soil erosion.
The plant and animal life in that climatic region would have changed because the climate changed. This is because more rain would have made it to the ground and not absorbed by flora which helps to support the fauna. See how well that works? Climate Change.
01-11-2021 17:52
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
And when a region is recovering from deforestation and it's streams are creating new pathways to flow through, that region will be considered as "recovering from climate change".
An example of this is if fish can not spawn then bears might not be able to remain in that region due to a food shortage. Not all fish are able to reach their spawning grounds because various wildlife will feed on them. And this helps to fertilize the region because fish waste makes excellent fertilizer.
And as this is a climate debate forum, I will remind people that this is my definition of climate change. And I know other people will have their own definition.
01-11-2021 18:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Orbits and atmospheric air pressures are relative to Venus.
What shows the curvature of space is

Earth 1350 x (1 - 0.1755^2)^144 = 14.9
Mars. 1350 x (1 - 0.2^2)^224. = 0.144

I'll probably need to go to the 3rd or 4th power inside the parentheses.
With how close 0.2 and 0.1755 are, it might be possible to find a common value.
The air pressures are close enough for a start. This actually gets into calculus. I'm calculating change and that is one aspect of calculus. Maybe it's a good thing I took some time to become familiar with it? This is one reason why I can play around with math like this. I think that's kind of cool.

p.s., if you guys don't get this, it could become a mathematical proof that Einstein was right when he said space is curved. At the same time it will relate to Newton's gravity and atmospheric sciences. And this forum is about discussing what allows for climatic variances which allows for the different types of weather the Earth experiences, right?
If so, then this is staying on topic. Interpretation is up to the individual as to what "weather " and "climate" is.

Random phrases. No apparent coherency.



ITN, I have to think of Harvey. If I didn't have a Norwegian accent when going to school, I might be like him. It wasn't a lot of fun being the son of a Norwegian. My father was basically a migrant worker.
In the US there are preferred immigrants. When Frederiech Trump and his wife illegally immigrated to the U.S., they were the preferred immigrants.
Because Norway is a socialist country with a comparable standard of living to the U.S., Americans feel threatened. Not being greedy might allow people to have a better life.
As for the math, that's pretty basic. It's not like the US vs Norway but understanding what Newton and Einstein realized.
The value in the parentheses that is to a power and is subtracted from 1 represents the curvature of the space/time continuum.
I won't be surprised if one day they'll be teaching this to 7th graders. It's just a basic math formula that relates Einstein and Newton to quantum physics. And If you want kids to find learning interesting, this might help. Just think Star Trek. The adventure hasn't begun yet.

Random phrases. No apparent coherency.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-11-2021 18:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:... then we can debate how that changes the climate, right?
Not without a formal, unambiguous definition.
James___ wrote:You know, why ice ages happen.
Why should any rational adult believe that ice ages happen?


James___ wrote:If someone understands moment of inertia and conservation of energy then the answer is obvious.

Not without plenty of unambiguous definitions.

James___ wrote: With climate change,

... many unambiguous definitions are needed or no conversation can begin.

James___ wrote:a basic definition could be defined by both the flora and fauna in a given region.

That would imply all of the earth's flora and fauna when discussing the global climate, yes? That doesn't make fore a very unambiguous definition.

James___ wrote:And example of this could be the clear cutting of a forest or a stream becoming filled in because of soil erosion.

I would note that it has no impact on any puffins.

James___ wrote:The plant and animal life in that climatic region would have changed because the climate changed.

Puffins are in the same global climate as Amazon piranha. No impact.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-11-2021 18:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:... then we can debate how that changes the climate, right?

Not without a formal, unambiguous definition.

James___ wrote:You know, why ice ages happen.

Why should any rational adult believe that ice ages happen?

.



If someone understands moment of inertia and conservation of energy then the answer is obvious.
With climate change, a basic definition could be defined by both the flora and fauna in a given region.
And example of this could be the clear cutting of a forest or a stream becoming filled in because of soil erosion.
The plant and animal life in that climatic region would have changed because the climate changed. This is because more rain would have made it to the ground and not absorbed by flora which helps to support the fauna. See how well that works? Climate Change.

Climate doesn't change. Attempted use of subjective as value.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-11-2021 18:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
And when a region is recovering from deforestation and it's streams are creating new pathways to flow through, that region will be considered as "recovering from climate change".
An example of this is if fish can not spawn then bears might not be able to remain in that region due to a food shortage. Not all fish are able to reach their spawning grounds because various wildlife will feed on them. And this helps to fertilize the region because fish waste makes excellent fertilizer.
And as this is a climate debate forum, I will remind people that this is my definition of climate change. And I know other people will have their own definition.

Climate doesn't change. Attempted use of subjective as value.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-11-2021 20:13
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
And when a region is recovering from deforestation and it's streams are creating new pathways to flow through, that region will be considered as "recovering from climate change".
An example of this is if fish can not spawn then bears might not be able to remain in that region due to a food shortage. Not all fish are able to reach their spawning grounds because various wildlife will feed on them. And this helps to fertilize the region because fish waste makes excellent fertilizer.
And as this is a climate debate forum, I will remind people that this is my definition of climate change. And I know other people will have their own definition.

Climate doesn't change. Attempted use of subjective as value.



Climate can be defined by the flora and fauna in a given region. When either or both change, then it can be considered that the climate changed. The Everglades being drained can be considered as climate change. This is because the flora and fauna both decrease, that climate has been changed.

the prevailing trend of public opinion or of another aspect of public life.


My opinion is a public opinion. Therefore my opinion can be considered as climate change. Just a changing position on environmental sustainability.


When it comes to the weather, it is a matter of public opinion as well with what defines a changing climate. It's subjective and is a matter of opinion of any individual who considers what a climate or a changing climate is.
Using an ice age as an example, we'll always have glaciers, right? Then it could be argued that glaciers do not define an ice age. And then we can have a circular discussion with you about how logic does not allow for science because then observations might determine what change is as with
Attached image:


Edited on 01-11-2021 20:19
01-11-2021 20:25
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
This is where if glaciers reach into Montana, then it could be considered that the amount of increased glaciation has become a feature that that period of time would be associated with. Hence the term ice age is used to reference such periods of time. And as ITN has made known to us, logic only considers a basic premise and not a more detailed understanding of what is being considered
such as why is the sky blue? Because it is. And why are there rainbows? God took a hit of acid.
Logic can ruin things. Maybe the sky s blue because it's an ocean in the sky?
And with rainbows, the colors found in the ocean.
01-11-2021 21:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:Climate can be defined by the flora and fauna in a given region. When either or both change, then it can be considered that the climate changed.

James__, you have just explained why no one should adopt your point of view.

We already have the word "change." You are arguing that "climate change" should be swapped in for every occurrence of the word "change." Why? The word "change" alone is sufficient. It has worked for as long as I have been alive.

If the given region is the entirety of the earth, and any change is therefore climate change, then we have simply replaced "change" with "climate change." If I want to build an attached deck onto the back of my house, I will plan to climate change my house. Wait. Why don't I just write "I will plan to change my house"?

Personally, I think your argument is stupid. Let's just stick with the lone word "change".

James___ wrote:The Everglades being drained can be considered as climate change.

Of course, but it could also be expressed as simply change. So let's go with the simpler of the two.

James___ wrote: Therefore my opinion can be considered as climate change.

Well, your opinion will be climate changed only when you change it.

James___ wrote: When it comes to the weather, it is a matter of public opinion as well with what defines a changing climate.

Are you saying that it would be a valid position for the public to subjectively define climate change as there being absolutely no change?

James___ wrote: Using an ice age as an example, we'll always have glaciers, right?

Has there ever even been an ice age?

James___ wrote:Then it could be argued that glaciers do not define an ice age.

It can also be argued that peanut butter does not define an ice age.
It can also be argued that taconite does not define an ice age.
It can also be argued that gravel does not define an ice age.
... nor does Barstow, California
... nor does any ceramic tile
... nor do beachwear, fluorescent bulbs, lakefront property, step-down transformers, flea-and-tick-collars, Persian rugs, artificial preservatives, plastic bags, resort hotels, nine-irons, ethnic cuisine, bluetooth headphones, crystal glassware, fountain pens, playing cards, manilla envelopes, heavy construction equipment, bottled water, microchips, flat-panel TVs ...

... just to name a few.

How helpful is this?

James___ wrote: And then we can have a circular discussion with you about how logic does not allow for science because then observations might determine what change is as with

What language is this?


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-11-2021 22:50
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:


James___ wrote: When it comes to the weather, it is a matter of public opinion as well with what defines a changing climate.

Are you saying that it would be a valid position for the public to subjectively define climate change as there being absolutely no change?




The public could if they wanted to. The ongoing drought in California might not be enough for people to consider that the climate has changed.
One question would be when the North African continent went from fields of grain to the Sahara Desert, would that be considered as climate change? It's subjective which is why I usually won't bother discussing it.
01-11-2021 22:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
And when a region is recovering from deforestation and it's streams are creating new pathways to flow through, that region will be considered as "recovering from climate change".
An example of this is if fish can not spawn then bears might not be able to remain in that region due to a food shortage. Not all fish are able to reach their spawning grounds because various wildlife will feed on them. And this helps to fertilize the region because fish waste makes excellent fertilizer.
And as this is a climate debate forum, I will remind people that this is my definition of climate change. And I know other people will have their own definition.

Climate doesn't change. Attempted use of subjective as value.



Climate can be defined by the flora and fauna in a given region.

Climate is not plants or animals.
James___ wrote:
When either or both change, then it can be considered that the climate changed. The Everglades being drained can be considered as climate change. This is because the flora and fauna both decrease, that climate has been changed.

Climate is not plants or animals.
James___ wrote:
the prevailing trend of public opinion or of another aspect of public life.


My opinion is a public opinion. Therefore my opinion can be considered as climate change. Just a changing position on environmental sustainability.

Climate is not 'sustainability'.
James___ wrote:
When it comes to the weather, it is a matter of public opinion as well with what defines a changing climate.

Weather is not climate.
James___ wrote:
It's subjective and is a matter of opinion of any individual who considers what a climate or a changing climate is.

It is not. Climate has a meaning. Words mean things.
James___ wrote:
Using an ice age as an example,

Define 'ice age'.
James___ wrote:
we'll always have glaciers, right?

So?
James___ wrote:
Then it could be argued that glaciers do not define an ice age.

They don't.
James___ wrote:
And then we can have a circular discussion with you about how logic does not allow for science because then observations might determine what change is as with

Try English. It works better.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-11-2021 23:07
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
With some of you guys ITN, you'll say as long as there is some type of climate, the climate has not changed. The wind will blow and the rain will fall. And as long as that happens, there is the same climate. Just leaves nothing to consider.
02-11-2021 00:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:


James___ wrote: When it comes to the weather, it is a matter of public opinion as well with what defines a changing climate.

Are you saying that it would be a valid position for the public to subjectively define climate change as there being absolutely no change?




The public could if they wanted to.

Could what?
James___ wrote:
The ongoing drought in California might not be enough for people to consider that the climate has changed.

What ongoing drought? Most of the SOTC is desert terrain.
James___ wrote:
One question would be when the North African continent went from fields of grain to the Sahara Desert, would that be considered as climate change?

When did anyone grow grain in the Sahara desert (other than the Nile river regions or various oasis).
James___ wrote:
It's subjective which is why I usually won't bother discussing it.

You are still attempting to apply a subjective a value. Not possible.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-11-2021 00:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
With some of you guys ITN, you'll say as long as there is some type of climate, the climate has not changed.

Climate has nothing to 'change'. Attempted use of subjective as value.
James___ wrote:
The wind will blow and the rain will fall. And as long as that happens, there is the same climate.

Wind and rain are not climate.
James___ wrote:
Just leaves nothing to consider.

There is nothing to consider. Climate is a subjective term. It has no value that can 'change'.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-11-2021 00:51
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
Into the Night wrote:

Wind and rain are not climate.



I never said they are climate. Simply why there is nothing to discuss.
02-11-2021 04:17
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Wind and rain are not climate.
I never said they are climate. Simply why there is nothing to discuss.

But you do have a lot to say when there is apparently nothing to discuss.

Are you able to come up with an unambiguous definition for the global climate?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2021 04:36
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Wind and rain are not climate.
I never said they are climate. Simply why there is nothing to discuss.

But you do have a lot to say when there is apparently nothing to discuss.

Are you able to come up with an unambiguous definition for the global climate?

.



The thermohaline circulation. Satisfied?
02-11-2021 04:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Are you able to come up with an unambiguous definition for the global climate?

The thermohaline circulation. Satisfied?

Weak. Totally meaningless for any practical purpose or discussion. Let's just remember that you never intended to take this topic seriously.

I'm totally fine with that.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2021 04:48
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Are you able to come up with an unambiguous definition for the global climate?

The thermohaline circulation. Satisfied?

Weak. Totally meaningless for any practical purpose or discussion. Let's just remember that you never intended to take this topic seriously.

I'm totally fine with that.

.



That is being serious. When it slows, it releases heat. The Gulf Stream is an example of that.
https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/why-is-the-gulf-stream-slowing-down-and-what-does-it-mean-for-the-future-of-the-uks-climate/
At the same time you guys find this meaningless. You take it politically.
Edited on 02-11-2021 04:50
02-11-2021 05:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:That is being serious.

Nope. It's being totally laughable.

James___ wrote:When it slows, it releases heat.

... and we're right back to you not knowing what heat is. You are babbling about something only you are imagining ... and you have not even unambiguously defined/delimited the "thermohydrazine circular."

When you decide to elevate this discussion above meaningless gibber-babble, let me know ... I'll be happy to chat with you. At the moment you aren't saying anything.

Oh, and stop blaming others for your lack of coherency. Instead, say something meaningful.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2021 06:09
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:That is being serious.

Nope. It's being totally laughable.

James___ wrote:When it slows, it releases heat.

... and we're right back to you not knowing what heat is. You are babbling about something only you are imagining ... and you have not even unambiguously defined/delimited the "thermohydrazine circular."

When you decide to elevate this discussion above meaningless gibber-babble, let me know ... I'll be happy to chat with you. At the moment you aren't saying anything.

Oh, and stop blaming others for your lack of coherency. Instead, say something meaningful.

.



02-11-2021 06:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Wind and rain are not climate.



I never said they are climate. Simply why there is nothing to discuss.


Yes you did. Don't deny what you said.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-11-2021 06:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Are you able to come up with an unambiguous definition for the global climate?

The thermohaline circulation. Satisfied?

Weak. Totally meaningless for any practical purpose or discussion. Let's just remember that you never intended to take this topic seriously.

I'm totally fine with that.

.



That is being serious.

Then you're a joke.
James___ wrote:
When it slows, it releases heat.

It isn't slowing, and slowing does not 'release heat'. You cannot trap heat.
James___ wrote:
The Gulf Stream is an example of that.
...deleted Holy Link...

The Gulf Stream is the same as it always has been.
James___ wrote:
At the same time you guys find this meaningless. You take it politically.

It is meaningless. You are making random assumptions that are just plain wrong and attempting to redefine words.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-11-2021 08:25
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

That is being serious.

Then you're a joke.





p.s., it's end of the year so might as well enjoy the holidays.
With the thermohaline circulation, it's most prominent features are found in the Gulf Stream and the Meridional Overturning Circulation. And with the Arctic warming faster than other places, hot flows to cold. And since the thermohaline circulation is slowing, it can release heat. ITN and IBDM do not understand how wind-chill works.
Maybe they don't understand why atmospheric pressure drops when a storm is approaching or even a cold weather front. It is interesting if the time is taken to become familiar with this.
Edited on 02-11-2021 09:18
02-11-2021 13:20
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1441)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Are you able to come up with an unambiguous definition for the global climate?

The thermohaline circulation. Satisfied?

Weak. Totally meaningless for any practical purpose or discussion. Let's just remember that you never intended to take this topic seriously.

I'm totally fine with that.

.



That is being serious. When it slows, it releases heat. The Gulf Stream is an example of that.
https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/why-is-the-gulf-stream-slowing-down-and-what-does-it-mean-for-the-future-of-the-uks-climate/
At the same time you guys find this meaningless. You take it politically.


James brother.You need to learn the new language of the modern article.I like to read this sort of stuff as well but there is always some glitch that does not make sense like cold water rising and claiming to know that ocean circulations are changing.Notice how its all bad never good and how long has it been monitored?I get the NASA newsletter for shits and giggles and the latest disaster is Scientists are agreeing that crops are growing earlier faster and bigger than any other recorded time however here is the loaded gun.They are not as nutricious because they are growing too well and that is the focus.not that its all good but because there is more it must be bad.Every alarmist article will have some claim that is not true.The people that think there are no forests left should go to a forest


duncan61
02-11-2021 15:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
duncan61 wrote:Every alarmist article will have some claim that is not true.The people that think there are no forests left should go to a forest

When are all the disappearing glaciers going to, you know, disappear? They've all been disappearing now for over twenty years. However, the last time I checked there were more than I could count and many of them were growing. That's just going to make them take even longer to disappear. What gives?

I was planning on developing some glacier real estate that I bought real cheap on account of there being a glacier atop ... and I was assured that all of them would "disappear." This is killing my ROI.



.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2021 17:15
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
duncan61 wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Are you able to come up with an unambiguous definition for the global climate?

The thermohaline circulation. Satisfied?

Weak. Totally meaningless for any practical purpose or discussion. Let's just remember that you never intended to take this topic seriously.

I'm totally fine with that.

.



That is being serious. When it slows, it releases heat. The Gulf Stream is an example of that.
https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/why-is-the-gulf-stream-slowing-down-and-what-does-it-mean-for-the-future-of-the-uks-climate/
At the same time you guys find this meaningless. You take it politically.


James brother.You need to learn the new language of the modern article.I like to read this sort of stuff as well but there is always some glitch that does not make sense like cold water rising and claiming to know that ocean circulations are changing.Notice how its all bad never good and how long has it been monitored?I get the NASA newsletter for shits and giggles and the latest disaster is Scientists are agreeing that crops are growing earlier faster and bigger than any other recorded time however here is the loaded gun.They are not as nutricious because they are growing too well and that is the focus.not that its all good but because there is more it must be bad.Every alarmist article will have some claim that is not true.The people that think there are no forests left should go to a forest



In the US, aquifers used for irrigation are going dry West of the Mississippi River. In the US, east of the Rocky Mountains gets a fair amount of rain because of the water that comes from the Gulf of Mexico. The jet stream will pull moist warm air north towards Colorado before it starts heading northeast towards Iowa. In the US this corridor is known as Tornado Alley (see attached image). Tornado Alley might get its name because that is where the weather patterns starts. Just warm moist air flowing from above the Gulf of Mexico and cold dry air flowing south from Canada mixing.

This https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/b27d9719f3644aeeb3ad53b2c24a33b6 influences the Gulf Stream. And I think people who would wonder why there was a Roman Warm Period, a Dark Ages Cool Period before the Medieval Warm Period which was before the Little Ice Age and now it's warmed again.
Basically the more the tectonic plates in the Arctic sink, the more equatorial warm water is transported into the Arctic by the Gulf Stream. This would be because the depth of the Arctic Ocean would be increasing and it would take water to fill it.
And then as warm water flows into the Arctic, glaciers start to melt allow tectonic plate rebound which raises the seafloor. And then the Gulf Stream starts slowing.
Without knowing how this causes of cycles warming and cooling over hundreds of years, it's not really possible to say how much warming is caused by changing the composition of atmospheric gasses. What people ignore is that 93% of global warming is found in the oceans. Basically if the global annual
temperature rises by 0.2º C., then 0.186º C. of that rise is found in the ocean.
Edited on 02-11-2021 17:42
02-11-2021 18:50
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
I'll try adding all 3 images in this post. It might require 3 consecutive posts.
The images did not load so 3 posts will be necessary.

Tornado Alley and where storms occur.
Attached image:


Edited on 02-11-2021 18:59
02-11-2021 19:00
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
How the Jet Stream influences things.
Attached image:

02-11-2021 19:00
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
And the weather that brings the rains and the storms. Along the east coast might be a tropical storm. But what's happening from Texas up through Cedar Rapids, Iowa is obviously a lot of rain. And this all depends on how the Jet Stream is moving across the US.

p.s., for historical purposes, where some rain has a gyre that goes west of the Rocky Mountains and forms a loop around the Oklahoma Panhandle and North Texas, that is where the Dust Bowl of the 1930's was located.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_RbFkv82o
Attached image:


Edited on 02-11-2021 19:08
Page 2 of 3<123>





Join the debate What It Means To Be James___:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
What It Means To Be Norse6525-10-2021 14:19
What It Means To Be An American825-10-2021 14:09
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.4113-10-2016 23:24
M2C2 - where all or nothing means nothing317-10-2015 05:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact