Remember me
▼ Content

What is the cause of climate change based on the greenhouse gas theory?

Page 1 of 3123>
What is the cause of climate change based on the greenhouse gas theory?21-01-2023 19:50
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
I read that the interaction of CO2 and infrared light is what increases the atmospheric temperature. Does that sound right?
21-01-2023 20:15
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
Thank you very much for your response which I enjoy tremendously but you are either not getting the point or intentionally trying to scramble the message since it is diametrical that the interaction of sunlight and CO2 is said to be warming the atmosphere based on the greenhouse gas theory. If I am mistaken please correct me and I will be waiting for your extremely valued corrections. This is not my theory (greenhouse gas theory). It was made up by some pre-pubescents teenage with pimples and bad breath. As for your statement regarding knowledge and intelligence well how did we get here in the first place. Those, with your said "knowledge and intelligence" are cowardly submitting to the pressure of their colleagues to go with the status quo since their babies need shoes and their cat and dog need dog and cat food. You should not let your dog eat cat food but between you and me, I prefer cat food. People should try eating cat food since it make you smart and very frisky. You wife would enjoy it and if you prefer the other, well be my guest since I am not GOD, at least not yet. LOL.
21-01-2023 20:38
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
First, lets make it diametrically clear that I am an absolute believer in man-made climate change but not by CO2 but you can believe anything you want since this is a free country and you can do anything you like as long or in some cases short as it is legal and consensual since I have found in my personal understanding of myself that I am not prefect, as unbelievable as it may seem, yet my cat thinks I am (perfect), just before I feed her so yet again I may be wrong about that and God's gift to all the beautiful women in the world may be about to be presented and most importantly admired at least by my cat that adores me.
21-01-2023 20:57
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Carleto wrote:
First, lets make it diametrically clear that I am an absolute believer

Sure, as long as you also admit that your faith is what makes your belief a religion.

Carleto wrote:
in man-made climate change

Which climate is changing? What does climate change actually mean? I'm struggling with this one myself.

Carleto wrote:
but not by CO2

CO2 is nothing but plant food.

Carleto wrote:
you can believe anything you want since this is a free country

Yup, just don't ask me to pay for your beliefs. I won't ask you to pay for mine and we'll get along just fine.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 21-01-2023 20:58
21-01-2023 21:00
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Carleto wrote:
I read that the interaction of CO2 and infrared light is what increases the atmospheric temperature. Does that sound right?

No, it does not. Temperature cannot increase without additional energy. CO2 is not an energy source.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
21-01-2023 21:22
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
The energy source is the Sun.
21-01-2023 21:31
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
My luck the first post is from a denier.
21-01-2023 21:31
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
21-01-2023 21:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Carleto wrote:

Key word is additional. Is the sun constant?

21-01-2023 22:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Carleto wrote:

What exactly is it that I have denied?

21-01-2023 23:48
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
Look up climate change denier.
21-01-2023 23:58
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
In a glass greenhouse the glass reflects the infrared light which is said to be heating the interior of a glass greenhouse but the Earth's outer atmospheric reflective surface is not present since the outer atmosphere is open and does not trap the infrared light that is said to be heating the atmospheric CO2; consequently, a Harvard scientist stated that astronomic clouds trap the heated air which is said to be the primary cause of climate change but in the summer months, the temperature, in general, decreases on cloudy days.
22-01-2023 00:06
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Carleto wrote:
Look up climate change denier.

No. I'm not talking to Google. I'm talking to you. You back up your statements with your descriptions and your definitions.

What have I denied?

What is climate change?

22-01-2023 00:21
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Carleto wrote:
In a glass greenhouse the glass reflects the infrared light which is said to be heating the interior of a glass greenhouse

A greenhouse stays warmer by reducing heat, specifically convective heat and to a lesser extent conductive heat. There is no atmospheric greenhouse effect. I'm sorry your were told to believe this.

Carleto wrote:
a Harvard scientist stated that astronomic clouds trap the heated air which is said to be the primary cause of climate change but in the summer months, the temperature, in general, decreases on cloudy days.

So you've just called bullshit on a Harvard professor. That is good.
Heat cannot be trapped. There is always thermal energy flowing everywhere and it is absorbed by all matter, always hot to cold. Even CO2 absorbs thermal energy, and conducts it quite well to the closest cooler matter. So if the sun heats the surface, and the surface heats the atmosphere, would heat not be flowing backwards if it went back to the surface?

22-01-2023 00:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Carleto wrote:

No.

While CO2 does absorb infrared light and convert it to thermal energy, it also emits infrared light according to it's temperature. That cools it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 22-01-2023 00:48
22-01-2023 00:50
(21559)
Carleto wrote:
Thank you very much for your response which I enjoy tremendously but you are either not getting the point or intentionally trying to scramble the message since it is diametrical that the interaction of sunlight and CO2 is said to be warming the atmosphere based on the greenhouse gas theory. If I am mistaken please correct me and I will be waiting for your extremely valued corrections. This is not my theory (greenhouse gas theory). It was made up by some pre-pubescents teenage with pimples and bad breath. As for your statement regarding knowledge and intelligence well how did we get here in the first place. Those, with your said "knowledge and intelligence" are cowardly submitting to the pressure of their colleagues to go with the status quo since their babies need shoes and their cat and dog need dog and cat food. You should not let your dog eat cat food but between you and me, I prefer cat food. People should try eating cat food since it make you smart and very frisky. You wife would enjoy it and if you prefer the other, well be my guest since I am not GOD, at least not yet. LOL.

No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth. You cannot trap light. You cannot trap heat. You cannot trap thermal energy.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-01-2023 00:50
(21559)
Carleto wrote:
First, lets make it diametrically clear that I am an absolute believer in man-made climate change but not by CO2 but you can believe anything you want since this is a free country and you can do anything you like as long or in some cases short as it is legal and consensual since I have found in my personal understanding of myself that I am not prefect, as unbelievable as it may seem, yet my cat thinks I am (perfect), just before I feed her so yet again I may be wrong about that and God's gift to all the beautiful women in the world may be about to be presented and most importantly admired at least by my cat that adores me.

So this is your religion. Gotit.

The Parrot Killer

22-01-2023 00:51
(21559)
Carleto wrote:

CO2 cannot trap thermal energy.
CO2 cannot trap light.

The Parrot Killer

22-01-2023 00:52
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
Carleto wrote:First, lets make it diametrically clear that I am an absolute believer in man-made climate change

Do you believe that it all essentially began at Spindletop? Do you think perhaps M2C2 (man-made climate change) will cause rain to fall up and the sky to "burst"?

Carleto wrote: but not by CO2

Can we rule out gravity as the cause?

Carleto wrote:I have found in my personal understanding of myself that I am not prefect,

@ Into the Night, I really think mantra 6 should be slightly readjusted to "6) Feigning partnership and/or common ground" and then broken out, with this one being "Feigning Humility", i.e.

6) Feigning partnership and/or common ground
a) Offer to Work Together
b) Insincere Desire to Work Through the Math
c) Average Joe, pretending to represent the typical rational individual
d) Feigning Humility (opposite of bulverism)
22-01-2023 00:52
(21559)
Carleto wrote:

I do not deny the 1st or 2nd laws of thermodynamics like you do.
I do not deny the Stefan-Boltzmann law like you do.

The Parrot Killer

22-01-2023 00:55
(21559)
Carleto wrote:
In a glass greenhouse the glass reflects the infrared light which is said to be heating the interior of a glass greenhouse
No, it doesn't. A greenhouse works by reducing heat.
Carleto wrote:
but the Earth's outer atmospheric reflective surface is not present since the outer atmosphere is open and does not trap the infrared light that is said to be heating the atmospheric CO2;
It is not possible to trap light.
Carleto wrote:
consequently, a Harvard scientist stated that astronomic clouds trap the heated air which is said to be the primary cause of climate change
It is not possible to trap heat.
Carleto wrote:
but in the summer months, the temperature, in general, decreases on cloudy days.

Nope. It's just the same as any other day.

The Parrot Killer

22-01-2023 00:57
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Carleto wrote:First, lets make it diametrically clear that I am an absolute believer in man-made climate change

Do you believe that it all essentially began at Spindletop? Do you think perhaps M2C2 (man-made climate change) will cause rain to fall up and the sky to "burst"?

Carleto wrote: but not by CO2

Can we rule out gravity as the cause?

Carleto wrote:I have found in my personal understanding of myself that I am not prefect,

@ Into the Night, I really think mantra 6 should be slightly readjusted to "6) Feigning partnership and/or common ground" and then broken out, with this one being "Feigning Humility", i.e.

6) Feigning partnership and/or common ground
a) Offer to Work Together
b) Insincere Desire to Work Through the Math
c) Average Joe, pretending to represent the typical rational individual
d) Feigning Humility (opposite of bulverism)

It really doesn't happen enough to do that. Should it become more a common mantra, I'll consider it.

The Parrot Killer

22-01-2023 01:19
(14377)
Carleto wrote:In a glass greenhouse the glass reflects the infrared light which is said to be heating the interior of a glass greenhouse but the Earth's outer atmospheric reflective surface is not present since the outer atmosphere is open and does not trap the infrared light that is said to be heating the atmospheric CO2; consequently, a Harvard scientist stated that astronomic clouds trap the heated air which is said to be the primary cause of climate change but in the summer months, the temperature, in general, decreases on cloudy days.

There's good news and bad news.

The bad news is that science is not your strong suit.

The good news is that you got lucky and have GasGuzzler teaching you some of the fundamentals. Everything he is telling you on the matter is gold. I think you owe him a healthy dose of appreciation.

I'd like to toss a little bit of science your way to maybe make things easier on you.

1. Only matter can have temperature
2. No matter, anywhere, somehow spontaneously increases in temperature without additional thermal energy, not even the earth.
3.No human activity and no substance has any magical superpower to cause matter to spontaneously increase in temperature without additional thermal energy.
4. If the sun was already present when a particular substance is released into the atmosphere, then the sun is clearly not the source of any additional energy. The sun was already there and forthwith accounted. Any additional energy must have its own source forthwith accounted.

Oh, and greenhouses work by reducing convection, maintaining higher temperatures within the glass container, just like your car on hot day.
22-01-2023 02:05
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
If the heating the CO2 is not causing climate change then what is?
22-01-2023 02:07
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
What about thermodynamic pollution from once-through cooled power plants?
22-01-2023 02:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Carleto wrote:

If you're going to ask about climate change, then you better define it. No one here knows what that is as it has yet to have any clear definition.

If, on the other hand, you are discussing global warming, then we will need to know why you think the earth is warming. I will tell you up front, global temperature cannot be measured to any useful degree of accuracy. If you have other information that speaks to the contrary, please share it!

22-01-2023 03:32
(14377)
Carleto wrote:If the heating the CO2 is not causing climate change then what is?

Why should any rational adult believe in a global climate? Didn't you ever learn that a climate involves local conditions? The earth has millions of climates. Do you believe that any particular climates are changing? Do you think that "climate" = "weather"?

How do you (clearly) define a change in a climate?
22-01-2023 03:36
(14377)
Carleto wrote:What about thermodynamic pollution from once-through cooled power plants?

There is no such thing as thermodynamic pollution, nor is there any such thing as thermodynamic poison, nor thermodynamic infection, nor thermodynamic peanut butter, nor thermodynamic velocity, nor a host of other nonexistent things.
22-01-2023 22:04
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
Climate change is said to be caused by the greenhouse effect of CO2 but only .04% (400 ppm) of the Earth's atmosphere is composed of CO2. In addition, the greenhouse effect represents heat that is trapped in the Earth's atmosphere but the outer edge of the Earth's atmosphere is open and does not trap heat. Infrared light is said to be reflected by the Earth's outer atmosphere but there is not a physical barrier that can reflect the infrared light that is said to be causing the greenhouse gas effect. In a glass greenhouse, the glass reflects the infrared light which is said to be heating the interior of a glass greenhouse but the Earth's outer atmospheric reflective surface is not present since the outer atmosphere is open and does not trap the infrared light that is said to be heating the atmospheric CO2; consequently, a Harvard scientist stated that astronomic clouds trap the heated air which is said to be the primary cause of climate change but in the summer months, the temperature, in general, decreases on cloudy days. In addition, scientists state that the increase of the atmospheric temperature due to climate change is cause by CO2 absorbing infrared light. Sun light composed of infrared light propagates through the atmosphere and is reflected by the Earth's surface where the infrared light interaction with the atmospheric CO2 is said to be increasing the temperature of the Earth's atmosphere resulting in climate change but experimentally, increasing the 400 ppm CO2 (.04%) in a small glass greenhouse to 3,000 ppm (.3%) does not increase the temperature differential (400 ppm / 3,000 ppm) using an infrared heater and small fans yet one would expect a 13° F temperature differential at the higher 3,000 ppm CO2 concentration; consequently, Princeton scientists claim that the small volume of air within a ten meter high glass greenhouse does not compare to the ten mile thickness of the Earth's atmosphere yet the glass greenhouse represents a small sample of the Earth's atmosphere. Example, to determine the chlorine level in a swimming pool, every milliliter of the water in the pool does not have to be tested. A one milliliter sample can be used to test the chlorine level within the entire pool which is similar to the glass greenhouse example which analyses the CO2 interaction with infrared light which can be used to represent the infrared light interacting with the CO2 of the Earth's atmosphere; consequently, the negative result is experiment proof climate change is not caused by elevated levels of atmospheric CO2 that is said to be the primary cause of climate change.
22-01-2023 22:07
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth. You cannot trap light. You cannot trap heat. You cannot trap thermal energy.

-------What about when I heat water in the microwave and store the heated water in a thermoflask.
22-01-2023 22:21
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
Why should any rational adult believe in a global climate? Didn't you ever learn that a climate involves local conditions? The earth has millions of climates. Do you believe that any particular climates are changing? Do you think that "climate" = "weather"?

--------------Have you learn about averaging? Maybe next year but until then some advance learning for you which I hope your teacher does not feel displaced. Example, the batting average of a baseball team is not determined by a single player's b-average but by the b-average of all the players. Based on your localization theory only a single players average could be used to assess the team's performance. Using the batting average of the entire team is a more reliable representation of how the team is doing which is also the case of using the increase in the global temperature of 1 degree to assess is situation which is not perfect but we are not as perfect as you are yet we are trying, oh great one with a tiny white thing.
22-01-2023 22:40
(21559)
Carleto wrote:

What 'climate change'?? Climate has no value associated with it. There is nothing that can 'change'.

Are you trying to use a buzzword to avoid the phrase 'global warming'?

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 22-01-2023 22:41
22-01-2023 22:42
(21559)
Carleto wrote:
What about thermodynamic pollution from once-through cooled power plants?

Thermodynamics is not pollution, dude. They are theories of science.

The Parrot Killer

22-01-2023 22:44
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
There is no such thing as thermodynamic pollution,

----------What about a taco bell lower extremity explosion (<<.0004 megaton)?
22-01-2023 22:58
(21559)
Carleto wrote:
Climate change is said to be caused by the greenhouse effect of CO2

By the phrase 'climate change' I assume you mean 'global warming'.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
Carleto wrote:
but only .04% (400 ppm) of the Earth's atmosphere is composed of CO2.

It is not possible to measure the global CO2 concentration.
Carleto wrote:
In addition, the greenhouse effect represents heat that is trapped in the Earth's atmosphere

You cannot trap heat.
Carleto wrote:
but the outer edge of the Earth's atmosphere is open and does not trap heat.

You cannot trap heat.
Carleto wrote:
Infrared light is said to be reflected by the Earth's outer atmosphere but there is not a physical barrier that can reflect the infrared light that is said to be causing the greenhouse gas effect.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.
Carleto wrote:
In a glass greenhouse, the glass reflects the infrared light which is said to be heating the interior of a glass greenhouse

You cannot heat a warmer object with a colder one. A greenhouse works by reducing heat.
Carleto wrote:
but the Earth's outer atmospheric reflective surface is not present since the outer atmosphere is open and does not trap the infrared light that is said to be heating the atmospheric CO2;

There is no 'reflective surface' in the atmosphere. You cannot trap heat.
Carleto wrote:
consequently, a Harvard scientist stated that astronomic clouds trap the heated air

You cannot trap heat.
Carleto wrote:
which is said to be the primary cause of climate change

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing.
Carleto wrote:
but in the summer months, the temperature, in general, decreases on cloudy days.

No, it doesn't.
Carleto wrote:
In addition, scientists state that the increase of the atmospheric temperature due to climate change is cause by CO2 absorbing infrared light. Sun light composed of infrared light propagates through the atmosphere and is reflected by the Earth's surface where the infrared light interaction with the atmospheric CO2 is said to be increasing the temperature of the Earth's atmosphere

You cannot trap light. You cannot heat the surface using a colder gas.
Carleto wrote:
resulting in climate change

No additional energy specified. The Sun is already accounted for. Where is the additional energy coming from?
Carleto wrote:
but experimentally, increasing the 400 ppm CO2 (.04%) in a small glass greenhouse to 3,000 ppm (.3%) does not increase the temperature differential (400 ppm / 3,000 ppm) using an infrared heater and small fans yet one would expect a 13° F temperature differential at the higher 3,000 ppm CO2 concentration;

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth or warm a greenhouse.
Carleto wrote:
consequently, Princeton scientists claim that the small volume of air within a ten meter high glass greenhouse does not compare to the ten mile thickness of the Earth's atmosphere yet the glass greenhouse represents a small sample of the Earth's atmosphere.

Science is not Princeton or any other university.
Carleto wrote:
Example, to determine the chlorine level in a swimming pool, every milliliter of the water in the pool does not have to be tested.

Yes it does.
Carleto wrote:
A one milliliter sample can be used to test the chlorine level within the entire pool.

Nope. It's not uniformly distributed throughout the pool.
Carleto wrote:
which is similar to the glass greenhouse example which analyses the CO2 interaction with infrared light which can be used to represent the infrared light interacting with the CO2 of the Earth's atmosphere;

You cannot heat a warmer surface using a colder gas. No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing.
Carleto wrote:
consequently, the negative result is experiment proof climate change is not caused by elevated levels of atmospheric CO2 that is said to be the primary cause of climate change.

It is not possible to measure the global CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.

The Parrot Killer

22-01-2023 22:59
(21559)
Carleto wrote:

-------What about when I heat water in the microwave and store the heated water in a thermoflask.

It cools. You cannot trap heat. Heat has no temperature.
You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.

The Parrot Killer

23-01-2023 00:01
Carleto
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
It cools. You cannot trap heat. Heat has no temperature.
You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.

-------Thank you for you comments.
23-01-2023 04:12
(14377)
Carleto wrote:Have you learn about averaging?

Have you ever heard of doubling? Have you ever heard of computing a standard deviation?

Now, unambiguously define this "global climate" without speaking gibberish and without creating a logical contradiction.

Carleto wrote:Maybe next year but until then some advance learning for you which I hope your teacher does not feel displaced. Example, the batting average of a baseball team is not determined by a single player's b-average but by the b-average of all the players. Based on your localization theory only a single players average could be used to assess the team's performance.

Harvey, this is for you. Here we have another mathematically incompetent loser coming to this site believing that he is a genius who is going to teach me math. He doesn't know any science, his formal logic is abysmal and now he is actually being sarcastic with me over math that he doesn't grasp.

I'd be happy to let you try to get through to him, but like all the other cowardly morons, I don't think he'll be around long. Obviously he is only here to preach his WACKY religion, ready to hurl the "denier" word at any heathen who does not share his faith.

Carleto wrote: the case of using the increase in the global temperature of 1 degree to assess is situation which is not perfect but we are not as perfect as you are yet we are trying, oh great one with a tiny white thing.

Who are "we"? Is that the Marxist "we" you are using to show your hatred for capitalism?

Science needs to be perfect or it is discarded.

23-01-2023 05:23
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Carleto wrote:Based on your localization theory only a single players average could be used to assess the team's performance.

Based on your global warming theory, only a handful of thermometers around the world are used to assess the entire global temperature.
Edited on 23-01-2023 05:23
23-01-2023 15:33
(14377)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Carleto wrote:Based on your localization theory only a single players average could be used to assess the team's performance.
Based on your global warming theory, only a handful of thermometers around the world are used to assess the entire global temperature.

Only one thermometer is actually needed ... for those who are mathematically incompetent and who have only a vague notion of the concept of margin of error.

GasGuzzler, if I were to ask you "What is the ocean?", would your description/definition involve averaging numbers? Would I have to brush up on statistical math to understand what you are saying? What about if I were to ask you to clarify for me what the atmosphere is? What about the earth's crust and mantle? What if I were to ask you "What is Michigan?" Would you need to draw upon unintelligible gibber-babble involving averages and time periods and short-wave infrared just to get started?

Can you think of anyone who has ever offered a straightforward, coherent and non-contradictory definition of the global climate?
Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate What is the cause of climate change based on the greenhouse gas theory?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
A Gas Can Be ing A Barrier012-02-2024 04:51
A Gas Can Be A Barrier104-02-2024 23:11
Burn Gasoline and Natural Gas To Fight Against Climate Change2504-01-2024 06:33
'Greenhouse' Effect?4930-11-2023 06:45
The SCIENCE of the "Greenhouse Effect"29105-11-2023 22:46
Articles
Theory
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact