What is Biogeochemistry?

Page 2 of 2<12
13-04-2022 18:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
HarveyH55 wrote:
sealover wrote:
AND I forgot phytic acid.

Yes, you can purchase commercial fertilizer with phytic acid as the primary or sole source of phosphorus.

Each molecule of phytic acid contains SIX phosphorus atoms.

This is NOT phosphate phosphorus.

But they are required by law to report it as "% as phosphate".

Don't believe me? Google "phytic acid as fertilizer" or something.

Or take the word of a reflexive naysayer who offers only unsupported contrarian assertions. TO EVERYTHING!

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

No, it's not.

Yes it is.

BEST DEBATE EVER!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

sealover wrote:
And I forgot UREA.

Another major form of applied nitrogen is UREA.

Urea, O=C=(NH2)2 Two amino groups single bonded to a carbonyl carbon.

Pure urea contains a lot more than just nitrogen. Urea is 46% nitrogen.

Pure urea NPK = 46-0-0 N = 46% as nitrogen.

I'm just not getting the connection between manure piles, and climate change. Is it the methane or CO2 released, that is destroying the planet, at an alarming rate?

Is it just farm animals that need to be destroyed, to save the planet. Or is it all mammals in general? Or could farmers just stop piling manure for compost?

Any way you look at it, the topic is full of shit.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-04-2022 19:31
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4239)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
sealover wrote:
AND I forgot phytic acid.

Yes, you can purchase commercial fertilizer with phytic acid as the primary or sole source of phosphorus.

Each molecule of phytic acid contains SIX phosphorus atoms.

This is NOT phosphate phosphorus.

But they are required by law to report it as "% as phosphate".

Don't believe me? Google "phytic acid as fertilizer" or something.

Or take the word of a reflexive naysayer who offers only unsupported contrarian assertions. TO EVERYTHING!

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

No, it's not.

Yes it is.

BEST DEBATE EVER!

sealover wrote:
And I forgot UREA.

Another major form of applied nitrogen is UREA.

Urea, O=C=(NH2)2 Two amino groups single bonded to a carbonyl carbon.

Pure urea contains a lot more than just nitrogen. Urea is 46% nitrogen.

Pure urea NPK = 46-0-0 N = 46% as nitrogen.

I'm just not getting the connection between manure piles, and climate change. Is it the methane or CO2 released, that is destroying the planet, at an alarming rate?

Is it just farm animals that need to be destroyed, to save the planet. Or is it all mammals in general? Or could farmers just stop piling manure for compost?

Any way you look at it, the topic is full of shit.

Biogeocoprologist...
14-04-2022 17:09
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:

You sure do know how to match the mood to the face.

And you even transed her (she got as little thingy down there now)!
RE: Hope to encourage FUTURE biogeochemists.27-04-2022 03:03
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
Hope to encourage FUTURE biogeochemists.

Only the tiniest minority of scientists are biogeochemists.

Most people haven't even HEARD of us.

Who IS the world's most famous biogeochemist? (crickets)

On one hand, I am here to offer information as a biogeochemist.

On the other hand, I hope to encourage students to want to learn about it.

It takes twice as long to get the training.

It pays poorly, if you can even find a job.

It is WORTH it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
duncan61 wrote:
Biogeochemistry is a relatively new scientific discipline that explores the physical, chemical, biological, and geological processes and reactions that govern the composition of and changes to the natural environment. In particular, biogeochemistry studies the cycles of crucial elements, such as carbon and nitrogen, and their interactions with other substances and organisms as they move through Earth's atmosphere, hydrosphere (water and ice), biosphere (life), and lithosphere (rock). The field focuses especially on the diverse and interlinked chemical cycles that are either driven by or have an impact on biological activity, in particular carbon, nitrogen, sulfur, and phosphorus.

A prime example is carbon, the building block of life on Earth, and the planet-encompassing carbon cycle. Photosynthetic plants on land and sea take carbon dioxide (a form of inorganic carbon) from the atmosphere and convert it into the organic forms of carbon they need to live and grow. Animals that consume the plants incorporate the organic carbon into their own bodies.

Microbes eventually decompose dead plants and animals, and their carbon is recycled into soils and groundwater or swept into the oceans, where it becomes available to microbes and phytoplankton at the base of the marine food chain or it sinks and is buried in seafloor sediments. Over millions of years, carbon that is buried on land or at the bottom of the ocean becomes incorporated into rocks or hydrocarbons, where it might remain for tens to hundreds of millions of years. Ultimately, volcanoes return some of this carbon to the air as gas, where its heat-trapping properties affect Earth's climate, or else the rocks containing carbon are uplifted onto continents and gradually weathered, releasing their carbon back to the environment and making it available to organisms once again.

Why is it Important?
In a sense, chemicals are like currency, and biogeochemistry is the study of the nearly limitless "transactions" that drive the entire planetary system, including life on Earth. Understanding these fundamental processes provides crucial insights into how life formed, has evolved, is sustained, and is threatened on our planet, and how the various chemical cycles govern and regulate Earth's climate and environment.

Such knowledge enhances our ability to find ways to adapt to climate change and its impacts, enhance agriculture and food production, manage fisheries, mitigate pollution, develop alternative and renewable energy, prevent diseases and create new drugs, and spur innovations that can drive economic prosperity and improve our quality of life.

Straight copy and paste.Have at it
27-04-2022 03:15
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
So squeal over is another Pete Rogers ... a preacher who is trying to establish his own church with his own congregation. He is competing for followers.

Pete Rogers came here to establish the Church of Atmospheric Thermal Enhancement while squeal over is trying to poach followers and to build his Church of Biogeochemistry.

As we all know, duncan loves these kinds of religions and currently squeal over is making a play to convert duncan from ATE (should we call that ATEISM?). Maybe we should start a pool?

Unfortunately, such preachers are never smart, and they come to this site as an exercise in futility.

Oh well.

@squeal over, I'm pulling for you with duncan. I've got a heavy wager that you fully convert him because Pete Rogers isn't buzzing around to intimidate.
Attached image:

Edited on 27-04-2022 03:26
27-04-2022 17:27
(348)
sealover wrote:

You can always work at a diner like me and the tips are good and they are better if you dress as a girl so if you want to work in a diner I recommend you go tranny to make better tips and I can help you with your makup.

27-04-2022 17:34
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:
So squeal over is another Pete Rogers ...

I do not know Peter Rogers but I know Peter Rabbit...

and Roger Rabbit...

and Mr Rogers...

i think they are holding hands and boyfrieds
what a nice inner rashal couple

RE: For an accurate description of biogeochemisty.10-05-2022 23:32
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
duncan61 wrote:
Biogeochemistry is a relatively new scientific discipline that explores the physical, chemical, biological, and geological processes and reactions that govern the composition of and changes to the natural environment. In particular, biogeochemistry studies the cycles of crucial elements, such as carbon and nitrogen, and their interactions with other substances and organisms as they move through Earth's atmosphere, hydrosphere (water and ice), biosphere (life), and lithosphere (rock). The field focuses especially on the diverse and interlinked chemical cycles that are either driven by or have an impact on biological activity, in particular carbon, nitrogen, sulfur, and phosphorus.

A prime example is carbon, the building block of life on Earth, and the planet-encompassing carbon cycle. Photosynthetic plants on land and sea take carbon dioxide (a form of inorganic carbon) from the atmosphere and convert it into the organic forms of carbon they need to live and grow. Animals that consume the plants incorporate the organic carbon into their own bodies.

Microbes eventually decompose dead plants and animals, and their carbon is recycled into soils and groundwater or swept into the oceans, where it becomes available to microbes and phytoplankton at the base of the marine food chain or it sinks and is buried in seafloor sediments. Over millions of years, carbon that is buried on land or at the bottom of the ocean becomes incorporated into rocks or hydrocarbons, where it might remain for tens to hundreds of millions of years. Ultimately, volcanoes return some of this carbon to the air as gas, where its heat-trapping properties affect Earth's climate, or else the rocks containing carbon are uplifted onto continents and gradually weathered, releasing their carbon back to the environment and making it available to organisms once again.

Why is it Important?
In a sense, chemicals are like currency, and biogeochemistry is the study of the nearly limitless "transactions" that drive the entire planetary system, including life on Earth. Understanding these fundamental processes provides crucial insights into how life formed, has evolved, is sustained, and is threatened on our planet, and how the various chemical cycles govern and regulate Earth's climate and environment.

Such knowledge enhances our ability to find ways to adapt to climate change and its impacts, enhance agriculture and food production, manage fisheries, mitigate pollution, develop alternative and renewable energy, prevent diseases and create new drugs, and spur innovations that can drive economic prosperity and improve our quality of life.

For an accurate description of biogeochemistry, Duncan61 provided this excellent summary.

"Straight copy and paste." From a credible source.

For those that prefer an incredible source, as in a not credible source, there is nothing incredible about the idiot who posted this one...

Check out the thread: "Biogeochemistry debunked"

This incredible but by no means credible source exposed the whole conspiracy.

Biogeochemistry isn't real.

Birds aren't real.

Don't look up.

And appreciate that Duncan61 offered an excellent and reality-based rebuttal.
11-05-2022 06:30
(18410)
Im a BM wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Why is it Important?

For an accurate description of biogeochemistry, Duncan61 provided this excellent summary.

"Straight copy and paste." From a credible source.

For those that prefer an incredible source, as in a not credible source, there is nothing incredible about the idiot who posted this one...

Check out the thread: "Biogeochemistry debunked"

This incredible but by no means credible source exposed the whole conspiracy.

Biogeochemistry isn't real.

Birds aren't real.

Don't look up.

And appreciate that Duncan61 offered an excellent and reality-based rebuttal.

Buzzword fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
RE: GretaGroupie has been missing for two weeks13-05-2022 20:25
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
GretaGroupie wrote:
sealover wrote:

You can always work at a diner like me and the tips are good and they are better if you dress as a girl so if you want to work in a diner I recommend you go tranny to make better tips and I can help you with your makup.

Sweet little GretaGroupie was fun to play word games with.

For a more than a month, she played with us all the time.

She even joined in the tag team poetry sessions, and posted cute pictures to depict the designated scapegoat.

Scapegoat? You know, the one who blames everyone else for his problems.

But GretaGroupie chooses a very dangerous lifestyle.

Going far from home to have sex with strangers carries a lot more risk than just than just getting STDs.

There are some sadistic crazies out there who would just love to find another willing victim.

I genuinely worry about her safety.

Or maybe she found out that she wasn't the only bully here who just wanted to hurt somebody.

Maybe her widdo feewings got vewy huut.
RE: Still happy to answer questions or share your information/comments about BIOGEOCHEMISTRY16-05-2022 02:29
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
The post below is an excellent summary of biogeochemistry.

I am still happy to answer questions or share your information/comments about BIOGEOCHEMISTRY.

Meanwhile, I'll contribute my limited knowledge of physics to try to shed some light on global warming.

Thermodynamics and that sort of thing.

Not my specialization, but there is a lot of absurd disinformation to debunk on this website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

duncan61 wrote:

Why is it Important?

RE: Blood Moon in half an hour - DON'T MISS IT!16-05-2022 05:53
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Blood Moon in half an hour - DON'T MISS IT!

I regret that I didn't post this hours sooner.

If you're on the West Coast, you didn't miss it yet.

I should have thought of this sooner.

It would have been a healthy suggestion to encourage East Coast folks to go up out of their Mama's basement to take a peek at the real world tonight.

This only happens once in a blue moon.

Nature is AMAZING!
16-05-2022 07:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4239)
Im a BM wrote:

It would have been a healthy suggestion to encourage East Coast folks to go up out of their Mama's basement to take a peek at the real world tonight.

Nature is AMAZING!

Every full moon has a name like that. About as rare as meteor showers
16-05-2022 12:11
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1729)
Meanwhile, I'll contribute my limited knowledge of physics to try to shed some light on global warming.

It was 9 degrees C. This morning.What happens now?Tomorrow we are due a cold front and big storm from the South.Is that humans fault? if so how so.When it plus 40.C here it is usually calm and sunny
16-05-2022 18:18
(18410)
Im a BM wrote:
Sweet little GretaGroupie was fun to play word games with.

So you are here to play word games. You admitted it yourself.

The Parrot Killer

16-05-2022 18:20
(18410)
Im a BM wrote:

Nature is AMAZING!

Not a blue moon this month.

Couldn't see it. Overcast here as always.

The Parrot Killer

16-05-2022 18:31
(18410)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Im a BM wrote:

Nature is AMAZING!

Every full moon has a name like that. About as rare as meteor showers

A Blood Moon is a moon undergoing a lunar eclipse. The Moon is eclipsed by the Sun, leaving it darker and 'blood' colored.

A Blue Moon is the 2nd moon in the same month.

Moons are also named by the month. This moon is also called the Flower Moon, the Planting Moon, or the Milk Moon, depending on your surrounding culture.

Meteor showers are almost continuous. Most are the size of a grain of sand or so. You can actually bound a radio signal off the very brief ionized trail they leave behind when they burn up in Earth's atmosphere.

The Parrot Killer

16-05-2022 18:32
(18410)
duncan61 wrote:

It was 9 degrees C. This morning.What happens now?Tomorrow we are due a cold front and big storm from the South.Is that humans fault? if so how so.When it plus 40.C here it is usually calm and sunny

What global warming?

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate What is Biogeochemistry?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Tell your old college professors to check out climate-debate.com for biogeochemistry22125-05-2022 21:16
Biogeochemistry Debunked2016-05-2022 04:25
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact