Remember me
▼ Content

Well Space X aced another controlled landing. Will be using really low IQ astronuts

Page 3 of 6<12345>>>
08-03-2021 02:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
So there will never be an unhackable quantum internet.

Yawn..................!

U.S. Government Says It's Building A 'Virtually Unhackable' Quantum Internet

There is no U.S. Government anymore. Governments say a lot of stupid things, like a tomato is a vegetable (it isn't), there are 72 genders (there are only two), that war is peace, and that black is white.

Governments don't build anything.

Swan wrote:
The internet, that global interconnection of networks, routers and protocols flinging data around the planet, has touched almost every aspect of our lives. It is, arguably, the greatest invention of the 20th century. Unfortunately, it's also a flawed one. The existence of a $173 billion (£135 billion) cybersecurity industry highlights the scale of the data protection and privacy issues that consumers, business and governments face when using the internet.

The public-private key encryption system combined with a multi-time pad is unbreakable, even mathematically. Spy agencies use one time pads for encoding their messages, and depend on secure transfer of key information before the spy leaves on a mission. For field updates, it's back to the currently used method of public-private key combined with a multi-time pad.
Swan wrote:
But what if there was a 21st-century alternative that promised to secure the movement of data more completely than ever before?

Movement of data IS secure.
Swan wrote:
What if there was a quantum internet that came with a promise of being virtually unhackable?

Movement of data using public-private key and multi-time pad IS unhackable.
Swan wrote:
That's precisely what the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has said is to be built to usher in "a new era of communications" and push the U.S. to the "forefront of the global quantum race."

Buzzword fallacies. What 'race'?
Swan wrote:
What's more, the DOE announced during a July 23 press conference, a working prototype is expected to be completed within the next ten years. I'll return to the unhackable claim shortly, but first, let's examine just what this quantum internet blueprint involves.

What blueprint? You do realize, don't you, that blueprint machines are incredibly old fashioned? No one uses that smelly process anymore (it emits ammonia).
Swan wrote:
Keep up or get out

Magick is not 'keeping up'. Your use of old fashioned ideas like blueprints as the future means you have no idea what you are talking about, and neither does any government on this subject.

So is it fun being triggered?

Better ask yourself.
Swan wrote:
LOL so the internet is not hackable in yer opinionoid

Never made any such comment. You are hallucinating again.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-03-2021 02:19
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:No, only some parts of American fighter jets are made in Japan. These parts are imported by TRW and sold as if they were made in America.

"Assembled in America."

Into the Night wrote:Most parts for American fighter jets are made right here, in the States. Some parts are made in Canada, others are made in Mexico.

The main issue with fighter jets is ... getting titanium.

Oh joy! ... the top exporters of titanium are China, Russia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and India.

This is actually the main issue with all jet engines. Titanium is necessary to construct them. This dependency exists for not only fighter jets, but for all jet aircraft including passenger jets.

We do have titanium in quantities worthwhile for mining in UT, AZ, VA, and NV. It is currently mined only in VA.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 08-03-2021 02:21
08-03-2021 02:25
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

So you controlled a landing plane in WW2 with a gyroscope on the ship.

Seriously you need meds

You are a serious loser Swan. The US winning WW II was a joke from what you posted. And I guess you are right, it is a joke.

WW2 is over, now American fighter jets are made in Japan.

Go figure

PS. My father and father in law were both there dude.

Your attitude is a joke. Suggests that you might be on drugs. After all, you are the person ridiculing technology that helped the US and its allies to win. And why technology helping the US and its allies to win is because you don't care for who won the war. It is pretty much that simple.
An FYI, my father's country was occupied by the 3rd Reich. Kind of why I don't make fun of the US helping to win that war. Yet for you, it is a joke. An FYI, I'm not an American even though I have an American mother and am from Ohio.
Why is this? Because you are an American.

Look kid you still haven't explained how you landed jets on carriers remotely and matched the landing to the yaw of the ship.

Eagerly awaiting that

Maybe you're too old to understand? I mean Thank You for settling the West Gramps. That was before 1880, right? Since then we've invented things like the telegraph and the wireless radio.
Have you ever heard of Marconi or Tesla? They invented wireless transmission of electrical signals. Were you in stasis or something? Stasis is where your body is freeze dried like coffee. Then just add hot water and you have coffee again.
Is that what happened to you?

LOL you buy any good telegraph stocks today? The difference between you and I is that you are interested in the past and I am interested in the quantum entangled future. Just added more Google A shares in fact.

Now you explain the first tube transistor

Quantum entanglement is neither past nor future.

Actually creating entangled communications networks is the present and future.

But you stay there in denial

You've been living in science fiction too long. Quantum entanglement communications is not possible today.

Wrong again as it has already been achieved

See this cat image conveys information

Do at least try to keep up.

What information? An image of a cat casting a shadow on a wall? What has this got to do with quantum entanglement?? You DO realize, don't you, that light has a speed of 300 million meters per second in a vacuum, right? You do realize that speed is not infinite, right?

The Parrot Killer

08-03-2021 02:27
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:No, only some parts of American fighter jets are made in Japan. These parts are imported by TRW and sold as if they were made in America.

"Assembled in America."

Into the Night wrote:Most parts for American fighter jets are made right here, in the States. Some parts are made in Canada, others are made in Mexico.

The main issue with fighter jets is ... getting titanium.

Oh joy! ... the top exporters of titanium are China, Russia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and India.

Actually the F35 is assembled in America, Italy and Japan

Mostly in Illinois and Florida.

The Parrot Killer

08-03-2021 02:28
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Enjoy. There is nothing inherently cryptographic about quantum entanglement. You are chasing magick, not cryptography.

There is something to be said of the concept of rendering a message uninterceptible.

Cryptography prevents the message from being understood.
Steganography prevents the message from being discovered.
Quantum Entanglement could prevent the message from ever being acquired.

... presuming quantum entanglement pans out.

Well put.

The Parrot Killer

08-03-2021 02:29
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Enjoy. There is nothing inherently cryptographic about quantum entanglement. You are chasing magick, not cryptography.

There is something to be said of the concept of rendering a message uninterceptible.

Entanglement is very real and does not have to be created, it only needs to be understood

I don't think you have the slightest clue. You are using it as a magick 'solution', like 'satellite'.

The Parrot Killer

08-03-2021 02:48
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Entanglement is very real and does not have to be created, it only needs to be understood

How do you know that it is real if you admittedly do not understand it?

Is this something we need to be adding to your padded cell?

Information is being sent and this is fact, as to exactly what is happening no one knows for sure.

Then how do you know it's information? How do you know it's been 'sent'? How is a 'fact' something that know one knows??? Do you even know what a 'fact' is???
Swan wrote:
A simple parallel is the catapult of ancient Rome, this was a real weapon used in war, it was and is a gravity fueled machine

Romans didn't use catapults as siege engines during war.

They used an older Greek weapon, known as a Ballista, essentially a giant crossbow that shoots stones instead of bolts. Not powered by gravity.

The used a device called an Onager, most like what later became catapults. This device used twisted ropes as a torsion spring, and a sling instead of a cup. It used a vertical frame to stop the launching arm. It was used to shoot stones, flaming balls of pitch, severed heads of the vanquished, and other unpleasantness. Not powered by gravity. The Onager was a precursor to catapults and trebuchets to come later (neither one of which is powered by gravity).

All of these siege engines were powered by animals or the soldiers themselves. Modern trebuchets are often powered by gasoline or electric engines, usually a tractor.

They also used siege towers and battering rams. Neither of these are powered by gravity. Gravity is not energy.

One technique peculiar to the Roman siege was the use of mining under the city walls. Being fairly brilliant engineers, they would undermine the walls to weaken them.

Swan wrote:
and yet Rome did not even have a word for gravity yet.

'gravitas', meaning 'heavy'.

The Parrot Killer

08-03-2021 13:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Seriously you need meds

You are a serious loser Swan. The US winning WW II was a joke from what you posted. And I guess you are right, it is a joke.

Go figure

Your attitude is a joke. Suggests that you might be on drugs. After all, you are the person ridiculing technology that helped the US and its allies to win. And why technology helping the US and its allies to win is because you don't care for who won the war. It is pretty much that simple.
An FYI, my father's country was occupied by the 3rd Reich. Kind of why I don't make fun of the US helping to win that war. Yet for you, it is a joke. An FYI, I'm not an American even though I have an American mother and am from Ohio.

Look kid you still haven't explained how you landed jets on carriers remotely and matched the landing to the yaw of the ship.

Eagerly awaiting that

Maybe you're too old to understand? I mean Thank You for settling the West Gramps. That was before 1880, right? Since then we've invented things like the telegraph and the wireless radio.
Have you ever heard of Marconi or Tesla? They invented wireless transmission of electrical signals. Were you in stasis or something? Stasis is where your body is freeze dried like coffee. Then just add hot water and you have coffee again.

LOL you buy any good telegraph stocks today? The difference between you and I is that you are interested in the past and I am interested in the quantum entangled future. Just added more Google A shares in fact.

You've been living in science fiction too long. Quantum entanglement communications is not possible today.

What information? An image of a cat casting a shadow on a wall? What has this got to do with quantum entanglement?? You DO realize, don't you, that light has a speed of 300 million meters per second in a vacuum, right? You do realize that speed is not infinite, right?

LOL the image is composed of entangled photons and since you see the cat information was transferred, instantly. Sure it's a small step, but Columbus had to untie the boat at some point
08-03-2021 15:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:

Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:
LOL the image is composed of entangled photons and since you see the cat information was transferred, instantly. Sure it's a small step, but Columbus had to untie the boat at some point

Swan, that's Schrödinger's Cat. It's not about quantum entanglement.
https://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2013/07/30/what-did-schrodingers-cat-experiment-prove/

This is an example of quantum entanglement.
https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/7/eaaw2563

As for larger boats and ships, a deckhand would be responsible for the mooring lines. Even on small boats it's usually someone besides the pilot. I swear you guys need some time out on the water.

p.s., You guys should edit out the previous posts at some point.
Edited on 08-03-2021 15:24
08-03-2021 17:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14378)
Swan wrote:Wrong again as it has already been achieved. See this cat image conveys information. Do at least try to keep up.

Just a word of advice, don't pay much attention to people talking about the wonders of quantum mechanics. Whether it's "quantum entanglement" or "Schroedinger's cat" it's typically a bunch of hooey. Most discussions involving quantum mechanics are contrived by people who want to sell a story for the consumption of people who are desperate for something to regurgitate in order to sound smart at the water cooler.

The bottom line is that no human understands the quantum world because

1. We cannot observe it
2. The quantum world behaves differently from the macro world

Nothing in the collective experience of humanity can tell us the nature of the quantum world. We try nonetheless, by pretending elementary particles are little balls that behave as baseballs ... even though we know they don't ... and by pretending that elementary particles consciously decide when they wish to behave as waves, based on whether they are being observed.

Yes, scientists play pretend.

There is no existing "quantum entanglement" technology because there is no "quantum entanglement" science. "Quantum entanglement" simply represents those phenomena involving elementary particles that are not understood, whereby the state of one particle can only be expressed in terms of the state of the other particle. This is an admission of a lack of understanding, not a statement of some supernatural power of the particles in question.

This also apologizes for the inability to create science on the matter because there can be no science theory stating that it cannot predict nature. We already have the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and most quantum "uncertainty," "perplexion" and "I just don't know" fall under that overarching umbrella.

If the understanding is absent, there can be no science. Without science, engineers cannot design the technology. Without technology, manufacturers cannot produce it.

I just don't want you to be led astray. There are a lot of boolsch-itters out there and some are quite good at it.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-03-2021 18:54
(21559)
Swan wrote:

No, the image is composed of pixels, like any digital image. Nothing shows any information was transferred instantly.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 03:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Entanglement is very real and does not have to be created, it only needs to be understood

I don't think you have the slightest clue. You are using it as a magick 'solution', like 'satellite'.

You are the fool without a clue. Entanglement has been there forever, like electricity. So all we need to do is learn to use it.
09-03-2021 03:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

No, the image is composed of pixels, like any digital image. Nothing shows any information was transferred instantly.

Wrong, as usual.

https://www.nature.com/news/entangled-photons-make-a-picture-from-a-paradox-1.15781

Physicists have devised a way to take pictures using light that has not interacted with the object being photographed.

This form of imaging uses pairs of photons, twins that are 'entangled' in such a way that the quantum state of one is inextricably linked to the other. While one photon has the potential to travel through the subject of a photo and then be lost, the other goes to a detector but nonetheless 'knows' about its twin's life and can be used to build up an image.

Normally, you have to collect particles that come from the object to image it, says Anton Zeilinger, a physicist at the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna who led the work. "Now, for the first time, you don't have to do that."

One advantage of the technique is that the two photons need not be of the same energy, Zeilinger says, meaning that the light that touches the object can be of a different colour than the light that is detected. For example, a quantum imager could probe delicate biological samples by sending low-energy photons through them while building up the image using visible-range photons and a conventional camera. The work is published in the 28 August issue of Nature1.

No matter, you will not comprehend
09-03-2021 03:32
(14378)
Swan wrote:Wrong, as usual.
Physicists have devised a way to take pictures using light that has not interacted with the object being photographed.

Nope. Nobody has done this. Sorry. This story was fabricated by someone desperate to sell a story and posted on the internet for consumption by the gullible.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-03-2021 03:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope. Nobody has done this. Sorry. This story was fabricated by someone desperate to sell a story and posted on the internet for consumption by the gullible.

LOL, the only outcome for this, is that your farm technique ends up upsetting your nipple rings.

https://techlinkcenter.org/technologies/entangled-photon-router-for-secure-quantum-communication-through-free-space/0d86960e-e032-4e91-9065-9b7ef09dc32c#!

Entangled photons have enabled experimental verification of foundations that underlie quantum theory. More recently they have become a resource for applications beyond the laboratory – specifically for quantum key distribution (QKD).

QKD uses quantum mechanics to guarantee secure communication. It enables two parties to produce a shared random secret key, which can be used to encrypt and decrypt messages.

Free-space entangled photon experiments have taken place over more than a 100 kilometers and satellite relay is anticipated within a few years.

Air Force researchers have moved a step closer to quantum communication with the development of an optical system that can function to route or exchange entangled photon states and properties. Using a co-linear entangled source, the system selectively manifests frequency entangled or polarization entangled photons suited for secure QKD applications with shared keys and provable security.

It also enables a complete entangled state to be routed to either user by selecting the input frequencies to be both congruent, or incongruent. Unique features are selectable entanglement and routing, compact size, and integrated construction for telescopic compatibility.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/semiconductors/devices/quantum-entanglement-camera

Conventional imaging devices like cameras and x-ray machines create pictures by detecting photons that interact with the things being imaged. Now researchers have developed a new quantum imaging technique that shines a beam of photons on an object but then, instead of using these photons to form a picture, uses instead a completely different beam that has never come near the object. If this sounds a bit spooky, it is: what connects the two sets of photons and allows this technique to work is the bizarre quantum physics phenomenon known as entanglement.

The advantage of a quantum entanglement camera like this is that you can illuminate an object using photons with a certain wavelength and then use entangled photons with a different wavelength to form the image. The scientists have already begun investigating possible biotechnological applications such as capturing images of sensitive samples that would be destroyed by conventional imaging techniques.

Entanglement is a fundamentally quantum mechanical relationship between two particles—in this case, photons—created in a kind of extreme, nonlinear crystal that can split individual photons into twin photons. The twin photons behave like distinct and separate photons but also share a separated-at-birth synchronicity unique to the submicroscopic quantum world.

Observation of the first twin photon's polarization instantaneously forces the second photon into a parallel (or, depending on the setup, perpendicular) polarization state. The paradoxical quality of quantum entanglement, recognized in the 2012 Physics Nobel Prize, is still a mind-bending frontier of fundamental physics. But entanglement's technological applications, from quantum cryptography to quantum computing, are becoming a reality.

The current research, published in this week's issue of the journal Nature, harnesses a recently discovered quantum interferometer setup that can effectively create a pair of entangled photons that don't exist at the same time. These photons find themselves in an existential cage match in which only one will survive. The observation of one photon, via this new kind of "time entanglement," necessarily destroys the other. (Readers seeking college credit for wrapping their heads around the present discovery have our support.)

Gabriela Barreto Lemos is a postdoctoral researcher in the lab of prominent quantum researcher Anton Zeilinger at the Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology, in Austria. Barreto Lemos, Zeilinger, and four other researchers turned the above quantum interferometer into a kind of remote-viewing quantum camera, one whose pixels are generated by photons that never come into contact with the object being imaged.

In their experiment, green laser light is twice split into entangled infrared twins, one of which is in the short-wave infrared (SWIR), the other of which is in the near infrared (NIR). One of the SWIR photons then illuminates the object being imaged. Both SWIR photons are ultimately discarded, never to be observed.

But their NIR twins are the ones in the existential cage match: If the imaged object blocks its corresponding SWIR counterpart, then the NIR counterpart gets to exist. It ultimately appears as a pixel on the quantum camera's image. If SWIR passed through the object, its NIR twin doesn't exist. Its absence is recorded by the camera as a dark spot.

The end-result is that NIR photons create the image, although no NIR photons illuminated the object. And SWIR photons exclusively illuminated the object, although no SWIR photons are ever detected or observed.

One application of the quantum entanglement camera, Barreto Lemos says, is that the light that illuminates an object can be completely separate from the light that forms the image in the camera.

For instance, imaging some kinds of biological samples with mid-infrared light can be both revealing and valuable. But low-light mid-infrared cameras are also expensive and sometimes unreliable. By contrast, low-light near-infrared cameras ("night vision") are cheap and more robust—and even found in many consumer cameras and camcorders today.

"You could have this [experiment] at visible and mid-infrared wavelengths," Barreto Lemos says. "The combination of wavelengths is very flexible.

It's ok, you stay there in the past, I'm moving on though
09-03-2021 05:09
(14378)
Swan wrote:LOL, the only outcome for this, is that your farm technique ends up upsetting your nipple rings.

https://techlinkcenter.org/technologies/entangled-photon-router-for-secure-quantum-communication-through-free-space/0d86960e-e032-4e91-9065-9b7ef09dc32c#!

LOL LOL LOL You are more gullible than I realized.

I'll tell you what, instead of looking out for you and trying to warn you, in the future I'll just mock you. You have to be a total idiot to fall for this. Let me guess, you read it on the internet so it must be true, right?

Take your meds, LOL LOL

Yawn.

09-03-2021 13:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:LOL, the only outcome for this, is that your farm technique ends up upsetting your nipple rings.

I'll tell you what, instead of looking out for you and trying to warn you, in the future I'll just mock you. You have to be a total idiot to fall for this. Let me guess, you read it on the internet so it must be true, right?

Take your meds, LOL LOL

Yawn.

LOL you are even more delusional than I realized, as you are in total denial about the state of science as it exist. See kid there is actually nothing new about entanglement as it was always there and always will be.

Is it nice in the fake world that you created to deal with your emotional issues?

https://news.fnal.gov/2020/12/fermilab-and-partners-achieve-sustained-high-fidelity-quantum-teleportation/

Quantum teleportation is a "disembodied" transfer of quantum states from one location to another. The quantum teleportation of a qubit is achieved using quantum entanglement, in which two or more particles are inextricably linked to each other. If an entangled pair of particles is shared between two separate locations, no matter the distance between them, the encoded information is teleported.

The joint team — researchers at Fermilab, AT&T, Caltech, Harvard University, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and University of Calgary — successfully teleported qubits on two systems: the Caltech Quantum Network, or CQNET, and the Fermilab Quantum Network, or FQNET. The systems were designed, built, commissioned and deployed by Caltech's public-private research program on Intelligent Quantum Networks and Technologies, or IN-Q-NET.

"We are very proud to have achieved this milestone on sustainable, high-performing and scalable quantum teleportation systems," said Maria Spiropulu, Shang-Yi Ch'en professor of physics at Caltech and director of the IN-Q-NET research program. "The results will be further improved with system upgrades we are expecting to complete by Q2 2021."

CQNET and FQNET, which feature near-autonomous data processing, are compatible both with existing telecommunication infrastructure and with emerging quantum processing and storage devices. Researchers are using them to improve the fidelity and rate of entanglement distribution, with an emphasis on complex quantum communication protocols and fundamental science.

The achievement comes just a few months after the U.S. Department of Energy unveiled its blueprint for a national quantum internet at a press conference in Chicago.

"With this demonstration we're beginning to lay the foundation for the construction of a Chicago-area metropolitan quantum network," Spentzouris said. The Chicagoland network, called the Illinois Express Quantum Network, is being designed by Fermilab in collaboration with Argonne National Laboratory, Caltech, Northwestern University and industry partners.

This research was supported by DOE's Office of Science through the Quantum Information Science-Enabled Discovery (QuantISED) program.

"The feat is a testament to success of collaboration across disciplines and institutions, which drives so much of what we accomplish in science," said Fermilab Deputy Director of Research Joe Lykken. "I commend the IN-Q-NET team and our partners in academia and industry on this first-of-its-kind achievement in quantum teleportation."

Learn more about the result.

Fermilab is America's premier national laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research. A U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science laboratory, Fermilab is located near Chicago, Illinois, and operated under contract by the Fermi Research Alliance LLC, a joint partnership between the University of Chicago and the Universities Research Association, Inc. Visit Fermilab's website at www.fnal.gov and follow us on Twitter at @Fermilab.

The Office of Science is the single largest supporter of basic research in the physical sciences in the United States.
Edited on 09-03-2021 13:53
09-03-2021 16:59
(14378)
Swan wrote:LOL you are even more delusional than I realized, as you are in total denial about the state of science as it exist.

LOL LOL You are a totally gullible moron who will believe whatever incredible fantasy you are told to believe as long as someone else will do your thinking for you.

Enjoy!

09-03-2021 19:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:LOL you are even more delusional than I realized, as you are in total denial about the state of science as it exist.

LOL LOL You are a totally gullible moron who will believe whatever incredible fantasy you are told to believe as long as someone else will do your thinking for you.

Enjoy!

Lol Einstein described entanglement as spooky decades ago. You sadly totally missed the boat entirely

Yawning
09-03-2021 20:15
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are the fool without a clue. Entanglement has been there forever, like electricity. So all we need to do is learn to use it.

Use what? Probability? You do realize that I already know probability math...and use it.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 20:20
(14378)
Swan wrote:Lol Einstein described entanglement as spooky decades ago.

LOL LOL LOL... and what do you think he meant besides exactly what I wrote? Yawn. Yawning. Yawn. LOL Yawn.

It's funny how you cling to your gullibility. You take pride in anyone being able to convince you of anything.

09-03-2021 20:21
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Wrong, as usual.

https://www.nature.com/news/entangled-photons-make-a-picture-from-a-paradox-1.15781

Light has obviously interacted with the object being photographed. You published a picture of it and the shadow of it.
Swan wrote:
This form of imaging uses pairs of photons, twins that are 'entangled' in such a way that the quantum state of one is inextricably linked to the other. While one photon has the potential to travel through the subject of a photo and then be lost, the other goes to a detector but nonetheless 'knows' about its twin's life and can be used to build up an image.

How do they know the photons are entangled at all?
Swan wrote:
Normally, you have to collect particles that come from the object to image it, says Anton Zeilinger, a physicist at the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna who led the work. "Now, for the first time, you don't have to do that."

The image is a digital image. It could be synthesized, it could be made by a camera, it could be anything.
Swan wrote:
One advantage of the technique is that the two photons need not be of the same energy, Zeilinger says, meaning that the light that touches the object can be of a different colour than the light that is detected.

Since the light that is detected from the object is of a certain color, it is the same color as that detected.
Swan wrote:
For example, a quantum imager

No such thing.
Swan wrote:
could probe delicate biological samples by sending low-energy photons through them while building up the image using visible-range photons and a conventional camera. The work is published in the 28 August issue of Nature1.

A bunch of hooey. You fell for it.
Swan wrote:
No matter, you will not comprehend

No, YOU do not comprehend. You fell for gobbledegook printed in a magazine as 'science'.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 21:02
(14378)
Into the Night wrote:No, YOU do not comprehend. You fell for gobbledegook printed in a magazine as 'science'.

It turns out that Swan is totally correct. I reproduced the quantum entanglement at home but I had to boost the entanglement setting to "11." Once my science confirmed the truth of the quantum entanglement, I further entangled the photons to an ancient mandala design of India's Magadha empire ... also showing that proxy measures are valid observations of past events.

We owe Swan a huge mia culpa.

Attached image:

09-03-2021 21:09
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL, the only outcome for this, is that your farm technique ends up upsetting your nipple rings.

...deleted Holy Link...responding to Holy Quote...

Math isn't a 'farm technique' nor nipple rings.
Swan wrote:
Entangled photons have enabled experimental verification of foundations that underlie quantum theory.

How do you know they are entangled?
Swan wrote:
More recently they have become a resource for applications beyond the laboratory – specifically for quantum key distribution (QKD).

Light isn't encryption. Neither is quantum mechanics.
Swan wrote:
QKD uses quantum mechanics to guarantee secure communication. It enables two parties to produce a shared random secret key, which can be used to encrypt and decrypt messages.

Obviously, you have no clue how encryption systems work. Why am I not surprised? Quantum mechanics is not a random number generator, though it is based on probability math. Math error: Failure to declare boundary. Failure to declare randX.
Swan wrote:
Free-space entangled photon experiments have taken place over more than a 100 kilometers and satellite relay is anticipated within a few years.

You don't need satellites for entangled particles! ROFL!
Swan wrote:
Air Force researchers have moved a step closer to quantum communication with the development of an optical system that can function to route or exchange entangled photon states and properties. Using a co-linear entangled source, the system selectively manifests frequency entangled or polarization entangled photons suited for secure QKD applications with shared keys and provable security.

It is obvious that you are making shit up out of buzzwords.
Swan wrote:
It also enables a complete entangled state to be routed to either user by selecting the input frequencies to be both congruent, or incongruent. Unique features are selectable entanglement and routing, compact size, and integrated construction for telescopic compatibility.

Word salad. Buzzword fallacies.
Swan wrote:
Conventional imaging devices like cameras and x-ray machines create pictures by detecting photons that interact with the things being imaged. Now researchers have developed a new quantum imaging technique that shines a beam of photons on an object but then, instead of using these photons to form a picture, uses instead a completely different beam that has never come near the object. If this sounds a bit spooky, it is: what connects the two sets of photons and allows this technique to work is the bizarre quantum physics phenomenon known as entanglement.

So...no difference. Light is still being shine on the object. It is still interacting with the object.
Swan wrote:
The advantage of a quantum entanglement camera like this is that you can illuminate an object using photons with a certain wavelength and then use entangled photons with a different wavelength to form the image.

Okay. Let's hear you describe this marvelous piece of fiction.
Swan wrote:
The scientists have already begun investigating possible biotechnological applications such as capturing images of sensitive samples that would be destroyed by conventional imaging techniques.

Nope. You are still shining light on the object. You have the same problem.
Swan wrote:
Entanglement is a fundamentally quantum mechanical relationship between two particles—in this case, photons—created in a kind of extreme, nonlinear crystal

Photons are not a crystal.
Swan wrote:
that can split individual photons into twin photons.

Oh...so it's a MAGICK crystal!
Swan wrote:
The twin photons behave like distinct and separate photons but also share a separated-at-birth synchronicity unique to the submicroscopic quantum world.

How do you know?
Swan wrote:
Observation of the first twin photon's polarization instantaneously forces the second photon into a parallel (or, depending on the setup, perpendicular) polarization state.

Polarization state is not a quantum value. Light can be polarized at any angle, it it's polarized at all.
Swan wrote:
The paradoxical quality of quantum entanglement, recognized in the 2012 Physics Nobel Prize, is still a mind-bending frontier of fundamental physics.

Unrelated. Science isn't a prize or award. Strawman fallacy.
Swan wrote:
But entanglement's technological applications, from quantum cryptography to quantum computing, are becoming a reality.

Nope. A bunch of people are fooling a bunch of people like you because you are illiterate.
You'll see the same crap about 'cold fusion', 600mpg carburetor attachments (now it's 600mpg injection system attachments), free energy by pumping water, and all kinds of other riffraff ideas.
Swan wrote:
The current research, published in this week's issue of the journal Nature, harnesses a recently discovered quantum interferometer setup that can effectively create a pair of entangled photons that don't exist at the same time.

Then they aren't entangled.
Swan wrote:
These photons find themselves in an existential cage match in which only one will survive.
The observation of one photon, via this new kind of "time entanglement," necessarily destroys the other. (Readers seeking college credit for wrapping their heads around the present discovery have our support.)

It's two to tangle, just as it takes two to tango. You must enjoy the sound of one hand clapping.
Swan wrote:
Gabriela Barreto Lemos is a postdoctoral researcher in the lab of prominent quantum researcher Anton Zeilinger at the Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology, in Austria. Barreto Lemos, Zeilinger, and four other researchers turned the above quantum interferometer into a kind of remote-viewing quantum camera, one whose pixels are generated by photons that never come into contact with the object being imaged.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Interferometers do NOT create entangled anything! They are a measuring instrument! Buzzword fallacy!
Swan wrote:
In their experiment, green laser light is twice split into entangled infrared twins, one of which is in the short-wave infrared (SWIR), the other of which is in the near infrared (NIR). One of the SWIR photons then illuminates the object being imaged. Both SWIR photons are ultimately discarded, never to be observed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Splitting light does not change it's color, dumbass! It takes two to tangle!
Swan wrote:
But their NIR twins are the ones in the existential cage match: If the imaged object blocks its corresponding SWIR counterpart, then the NIR counterpart gets to exist. It ultimately appears as a pixel on the quantum camera's image. If SWIR passed through the object, its NIR twin doesn't exist. Its absence is recorded by the camera as a dark spot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Interferometers don't work that way! They don't change the color of the light passing through them!
Swan wrote:
The end-result is that NIR photons create the image, although no NIR photons illuminated the object. And SWIR photons exclusively illuminated the object, although no SWIR photons are ever detected or observed.

You aren't even describing an interferometer! You are describing a hologram. Sorry dude, not quantum mechanics!
Swan wrote:
One application of the quantum entanglement camera, Barreto Lemos says, is that the light that illuminates an object can be completely separate from the light that forms the image in the camera.

A hologram is made this way, dumbass.
Swan wrote:
For instance, imaging some kinds of biological samples with mid-infrared light can be both revealing and valuable. But low-light mid-infrared cameras are also expensive and sometimes unreliable. By contrast, low-light near-infrared cameras ("night vision") are cheap and more robust—and even found in many consumer cameras and camcorders today.

"You could have this [experiment] at visible and mid-infrared wavelengths," Barreto Lemos says. "The combination of wavelengths is very flexible.

Pure BS. Sounds like this professors has spent much of her time creating various parlor tricks and bamboozling people like you.
Swan wrote:
It's ok, you stay there in the past, I'm moving on though

Assumption of victory fallacy. Presentism fallacy. Novelty fallacy. Denial of quantum mechanics. Denial of instrumentation. Buzzword fallacies. Magick.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 21:23
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Take your meds, LOL LOL

Yawn.

LOL you are even more delusional than I realized, as you are in total denial about the state of science as it exist.

Science isn't a 'state'. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
Swan wrote:
See kid there is actually nothing new about entanglement as it was always there and always will be.

True, but your bullshit isn't entanglement. Just a tangled mess of buzzwords.
Swan wrote:
Is it nice in the fake world that you created to deal with your emotional issues?

Inversion fallacy.
Swan wrote:
...deleted Holy Link...
Quantum teleportation is a "disembodied" transfer of quantum states from one location to another. The quantum teleportation of a qubit is achieved using quantum entanglement, in which two or more particles are inextricably linked to each other. If an entangled pair of particles is shared between two separate locations, no matter the distance between them, the encoded information is teleported.

Entanglement is not 'transport'.
Swan wrote:
The joint team — researchers at Fermilab, AT&T, Caltech, Harvard University, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and University of Calgary — successfully teleported qubits on two systems: the Caltech Quantum Network, or CQNET, and the Fermilab Quantum Network, or FQNET. The systems were designed, built, commissioned and deployed by Caltech's public-private research program on Intelligent Quantum Networks and Technologies, or IN-Q-NET.

Science isn't a government agency, business entity, university, network, research, or study.
False authority fallacies.
Swan wrote:
"We are very proud to have achieved this milestone on sustainable, high-performing and scalable quantum teleportation systems," said Maria Spiropulu, Shang-Yi Ch'en professor of physics at Caltech and director of the IN-Q-NET research program. "The results will be further improved with system upgrades we are expecting to complete by Q2 2021."

Entanglement isn't a 'transport'.
Swan wrote:
CQNET and FQNET, which feature near-autonomous data processing, are compatible both with existing telecommunication infrastructure and with emerging quantum processing and storage devices. Researchers are using them to improve the fidelity and rate of entanglement distribution, with an emphasis on complex quantum communication protocols and fundamental science.

This is carnival game stuff, not science.
Swan wrote:
The achievement comes just a few months after the U.S. Department of Energy unveiled its blueprint for a national quantum internet at a press conference in Chicago.

Quantum mechanics is not a network. It is not a communications method. It is not a 'transport'.
Swan wrote:
"With this demonstration we're beginning to lay the foundation for the construction of a Chicago-area metropolitan quantum network," Spentzouris said. The Chicagoland network, called the Illinois Express Quantum Network, is being designed by Fermilab in collaboration with Argonne National Laboratory, Caltech, Northwestern University and industry partners.

Sounds like a great scam for federal money, since most idiots in the SODC have no clue about quantum mechanics or science.
Swan wrote:
This research was supported by DOE's Office of Science through the Quantum Information Science-Enabled Discovery (QuantISED) program.

Ah. So they scammed the DOE.
Swan wrote:
"The feat is a testament to success of collaboration across disciplines and institutions, which drives so much of what we accomplish in science," said Fermilab Deputy Director of Research Joe Lykken. "I commend the IN-Q-NET team and our partners in academia and industry on this first-of-its-kind achievement in quantum teleportation."

I knew Fermilab was in bad financial condition. Apparently this is what some people at Fermilab are trying to do to raise money there...scamming the government.

Science isn't a government agency, Fermilab or any other laboratory, research or researcher, study, society, academy, degree, license, magick, budget, professor, university, college, business entity, vote, budget, paper, book, magazine, pamphlet, web site, Google, rumor, buzzword, or parlor trick.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. That's it. That's all. No more. No less.

Swan wrote:
Learn more about the result.

Fermilab is America's premier national laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research. A U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science laboratory, Fermilab is located near Chicago, Illinois, and operated under contract by the Fermi Research Alliance LLC, a joint partnership between the University of Chicago and the Universities Research Association, Inc. Visit Fermilab's website at www.fnal.gov and follow us on Twitter at @Fermilab.
[quote]Swan wrote:
The Office of Science is the single largest supporter of basic research in the physical sciences in the United States.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 21:23
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Lol Einstein described entanglement as spooky decades ago. You sadly totally missed the boat entirely

Yawning

No, that would be YOU.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 21:38
(14378)
Swan wrote: ... a kind of extreme, nonlinear crystal that can split individual photons into twin photons.

This right here is science denial. It is not possible without denying physics models outright. Ergo, it is marketed to the scientifically illiterate.

So you are one of their customers, I see.

09-03-2021 22:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Seriously you need meds

Go figure

Eagerly awaiting that

That's their opinion. The research was not subjected to peer review. They're claiming that the image is the result of losing 50% of the energy aimed at it while nothing interacted with the cutout. If nothing interacted with the cutout then nothing should be lost.
I think as time goes by it will be forgotten about. I read about an experiment once where they fired electrons past a barrier. And as the electrons would pass the barrier, their path would be influenced by the barrier. That is quantum entanglement/non-local behavior. What they're describing in the article that you cited is something that might not be accepted. It does happen.
And this might help to explain what you're quoting.

In a study reported in the February 26 issue of Nature (Vol. 391, pp. 871-874), researchers at the Weizmann Institute of Science have now conducted a highly controlled experiment demonstrating how a beam of electrons is affected by the act of being observed. The experiment revealed that the greater the amount of "watching," the greater the observer's influence on what actually takes place.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/02/980227055013.htm

Edited on 09-03-2021 22:36
09-03-2021 23:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Seriously you need meds

Go figure

Eagerly awaiting that

That's their opinion. The research was not subjected to peer review. They're claiming that the image is the result of losing 50% of the energy aimed at it while nothing interacted with the cutout. If nothing interacted with the cutout then nothing should be lost.
I think as time goes by it will be forgotten about. I read about an experiment once where they fired electrons past a barrier. And as the electrons would pass the barrier, their path would be influenced by the barrier. That is quantum entanglement/non-local behavior. What they're describing in the article that you cited is something that might not be accepted. It does happen.

In a study reported in the February 26 issue of Nature (Vol. 391, pp. 871-874), researchers at the Weizmann Institute of Science have now conducted a highly controlled experiment demonstrating how a beam of electrons is affected by the act of being observed. The experiment revealed that the greater the amount of "watching," the greater the observer's influence on what actually takes place.

Their is no they kid, you are looking at one article as though it contains the total knowledge of quantum entanglement information and this is just not real.

LOL is the US Army wrong too?

Nope you are just an ignorant uneducated troll

https://www.labnews.co.uk/article/2030084/us-army-project-sets-quantum-entanglement-record

At the US Army Research Laboratory (ARL), University of Innsbruck researchers entangled quantum states of a calcium atom and light particle across 50 kilometres of optical fibre.

University of Innsbruck experimental physicist Dr Ben Lanyon said: "This is two orders of magnitude further than was previously possible and is a practical distance to start building inter-city quantum networks."

Entanglement would be vital for an intercity quantum internet network, which would be composed of distant network nodes of physical quantum bits, or qubits – the unit of quantum energy.

Dr Sara Gamble, ARL physics program manager, said: "The quality of the entanglement after traveling through fibre is also high enough at the other end to meet some of the requirements for some of the most difficult quantum networking applications."

Now grow up, if you can
10-03-2021 01:29
(14378)
Swan wrote:LOL is the US Army wrong too?

I call your bluff. When has the US Army been right?

Never. You are just an ignorant uneducated troll

Edited on 10-03-2021 01:30
10-03-2021 01:40
(21559)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

Their is no they kid, you are looking at one article as though it contains the total knowledge of quantum entanglement information and this is just not real.

The article is written by one or more persons. The use of 'they' is correct.
Swan wrote:

The US Army isn't a single opinion. People in the US Army are frequently wrong.
Swan wrote:

The illiteracy is yours. Illiteracy is not an internet troll.
Swan wrote:
https://www.labnews.co.uk/article/2030084/us-army-project-sets-quantum-entanglement-record

Right. The US Army regularly quotes in a UK magazine. Right.
Swan wrote:
At the US Army Research Laboratory (ARL), University of Innsbruck researchers entangled quantum states of a calcium atom and light particle across 50 kilometres of optical fibre.

An atom is not entangled. It takes two to tangle (or tango).
Light is not a calcium atom. Light travels slower through fiber optics than through a vacuum.
Swan wrote:
University of Innsbruck experimental physicist Dr Ben Lanyon said: "This is two orders of magnitude further than was previously possible and is a practical distance to start building inter-city quantum networks."

Computer networks are already built out of fiber optics (along with their transducers).
Swan wrote:
Entanglement would be vital for an intercity quantum internet network, which would be composed of distant network nodes of physical quantum bits, or qubits – the unit of quantum energy.

Entanglement is not a network. There is no unit of quantum energy.
Swan wrote:
Dr Sara Gamble, ARL physics program manager, said: "The quality of the entanglement after traveling through fibre is also high enough at the other end to meet some of the requirements for some of the most difficult quantum networking applications."

I call bullshit.
Swan wrote:
Now grow up, if you can

No need.

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2021 02:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Light is not a calcium atom. Light travels slower through fiber optics than through a vacuum.
Swan wrote:

Computer networks are already built out of fiber optics (along with their transducers).
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

I call bullshit.
Swan wrote:
Now grow up, if you can

No need.

You are proving nothing by denying reality, other than the fact that you need medication

LOL are you always so triggered?

https://www.britannica.com/technology/quantum-computer#ref734296

Teleportation of information is also possible. LOL even your IQ could be teleported

https://www.nsf.gov/discoveries/disc_summ.jsp?cntn_id=300854&org=NSF&from=news
10-03-2021 02:41
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

I call bullshit.
Swan wrote:
Now grow up, if you can

No need.

You are proving nothing by denying reality,

Define 'reality'. Betcha can't. I already know what it means and why. Buzzword fallacy.
Swan wrote:
other than the fact that you need medication

I need no medication. I'm fine and healthy, thanks.
Swan wrote:

Define 'triggered'. Buzzword fallacy.
Swan wrote:
...deleted Holy Link...
Teleportation of information is also possible.

Information is not 'teleported'. Information contains no mass.
Swan wrote:
LOL even your IQ could be teleported

IQ is a random number of type randU...meaningless.

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2021 02:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

I call bullshit.
Swan wrote:
Now grow up, if you can

No need.

Define 'reality'. Betcha can't. I already know what it means and why. Buzzword fallacy.
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:
...deleted Holy Link...

Swan wrote:

The triggered never fail to be triggered

Again information has been teleported by entanglement. Where is mass required for teleportation. Other than your star trek exclusive video collection
10-03-2021 03:58
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

I call bullshit.
Swan wrote:
Now grow up, if you can

No need.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:
...deleted Holy Link...

Swan wrote:

The triggered never fail to be triggered

Psychoquackery.
Swan wrote:
Again information has been teleported by entanglement.

Nope. Entanglement is not teleportation.
Swan wrote:
Where is mass required for teleportation.

Teleportation is usually referring to moving mass by conversion to energy, then converting back to mass somewhere else.
Swan wrote:
Other than your star trek exclusive video collection

Teleportation appears in many science fiction shows. They are science FICTION. They are not science, and frequently ignore physics.

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2021 04:17
(14378)
Swan wrote:The triggered never fail to be triggered

You are right about that.

Swan wrote:Again information has been teleported by entanglement.

Attached image:

10-03-2021 05:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:The triggered never fail to be triggered

You are right about that.

Swan wrote:Again information has been teleported by entanglement.

LOL you are so far behind the curve that you will never catch up.

Sorry that you are so stupid

https://news.uchicago.edu/story/fermilab-caltech-high-fidelity-quantum-teleportation-internet#:~:text=The%20quantum%20teleportation%20of%20a,the%20encoded%20information%20is%20teleported.

Fermilab and partners achieve sustained, high-fidelity quantum teleportation

Quantum information 'teleported' at Fermilab, Caltech represents step toward quantum internet
Aviable quantum internet—a network in which information stored in qubits is shared over long distances through entanglement—would transform the fields of data storage, precision sensing and computing, ushering in a new era of communication.

This month, scientists at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory—a U.S. Department of Energy national laboratory affiliated with the University of Chicago—along with partners at five institutions took a significant step in the direction of realizing a quantum internet.

In a paper published in PRX Quantum, the team presents for the first time a demonstration of a sustained, long-distance teleportation of qubits made of photons (particles of light) with fidelity greater than 90%.

The qubits were teleported over a fiber-optic network 27 miles (44 kilometers) long using state-of-the-art single-photon detectors, as well as off-the-shelf equipment.

"We're thrilled by these results," said Fermilab scientist Panagiotis Spentzouris, head of the Fermilab quantum science program and one of the paper's co-authors. "This is a key achievement on the way to building a technology that will redefine how we conduct global communication."

The achievement comes just a few months after the U.S. Department of Energy unveiled its blueprint for a national quantum internet at a press conference at the University of Chicago.

Linking particles

The joint team—researchers at Fermilab, AT&T, Caltech, Harvard University, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and University of Calgary—successfully teleported qubits on two systems: the Caltech Quantum Network and the Fermilab Quantum Network. The systems were designed, built, commissioned and deployed by Caltech's public-private research program on Intelligent Quantum Networks and Technologies, or IN-Q-NET.

"With this demonstration we're beginning to lay the foundation for the construction of a Chicago-area metropolitan quantum network."
—Fermilab scientist Panagiotis Spentzouris
—Fermilab scientist Panagiotis Spentzouris —Fermilab scientist Panagiotis Spentzouris
"We are very proud to have achieved this milestone on sustainable, high-performing and scalable quantum teleportation systems," said Maria Spiropulu, the Shang-Yi Ch'en professor of physics at Caltech and director of the IN-Q-NET research program. "The results will be further improved with system upgrades we are expecting to complete by the second quarter of 2021."

Both the Caltech and Fermilab networks, which feature near-autonomous data processing, are compatible both with existing telecommunication infrastructure and with emerging quantum processing and storage devices. Researchers are using them to improve the fidelity and rate of entanglement distribution, with an emphasis on complex quantum communication protocols and fundamental science.

"With this demonstration we're beginning to lay the foundation for the construction of a Chicago-area metropolitan quantum network," Spentzouris said.

The Chicagoland network, called the Illinois Express Quantum Network, is being designed by Fermilab in collaboration with Argonne National Laboratory, Caltech, Northwestern University and industry partners.

"The feat is a testament to success of collaboration across disciplines and institutions, which drives so much of what we accomplish in science," said Fermilab Deputy Director of Research Joe Lykken. "I commend the IN-Q-NET team and our partners in academia and industry on this first-of-its-kind achievement in quantum teleportation.

Citation: "Teleportation Systems Towards a Quantum Internet." Valivarthi et al., PRX Quantum, Dec. 4, 2020, DOI: 10.1103/PRXQuantum.1.020317

Funding: U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science QuantISED program

—Adapted from an article first posted by Fermilab National Laboratory.
10-03-2021 06:05
(14378)
Swan wrote:Sorry that you are so stupid

Well certainly when compared to a genius of wit such as yourself. I still haven't learned to teleport using my entangled photons LOL LOL YawnOL Lawn Lawn

10-03-2021 13:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Sorry that you are so stupid

Well certainly when compared to a genius of wit such as yourself. I still haven't learned to teleport using my entangled photons LOL LOL YawnOL Lawn Lawn

Now lets examine your situation.

You deny that heat is energy. In spite of all the working steam engines and steam based systems in the world

You deny that there ever was an ice age. In spite of all the worlds glacial moraines.

Now you deny that there are quantum entangled particles. In spite of all the governments and institutes of higher learning making use of these properties of matter.

So obviously you are either a troll or believe that you are performing some sort of deniability of reality attack designed to test a persons response to a denial of reality attack.

Or you are merely a grandiose schizzo who creates his or her own world as they meander thru time waiting eagerly for death
Edited on 10-03-2021 13:38
10-03-2021 15:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

Now grow up, if you can

The "They" I was referring to was who you quoted. Your reply has nothing to do with your original post. Sheeesh!
What you don't understand about quantum entanglement is when 2 particles in the same field interact. A different macroscopic example is the Moon orbiting the Earth and the Earth and the Moon orbiting the Sun. While with that example we say "because of gravity", yet even particles have gravity. It's a fundamental principle of energy.
Maybe you can explain how the Sun's gravity influences the Earth-Moon combination?
Edited on 10-03-2021 16:10
Page 3 of 6<12345>>>

Join the debate Well Space X aced another controlled landing. Will be using really low IQ astronuts:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Space travel is hoax324-03-2024 10:24
Well space x blew up another starship, currently batting 0.0/nada/nothing/zero/zilch018-11-2023 20:38
Low temperature breaks record set over 100 years ago, proving climate change is real2801-06-2022 06:03
Record low temps across America.227-04-2022 02:17
Could space debris be a challenge for collecting data on climate change?1023-03-2021 04:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact