Remember me
▼ Content

weather



Page 1 of 212>
weather31-12-2021 14:00
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
We have just had a heat wave from Christmas eve through to Wednesday.It was caused by a high pressure system in the Great Australian bight drawing down hot air from the Pilbara.Today was the same amount of sunlight as the other days but was noticably cooler as the Southwesters blew steady all day and it is like a big evaporative airconditioner.The store I work at has ocean views out the back entrance so it is very nice to regularly go outside.The good old climate change was blamed of course but it must of stopped working the last 2 days.


duncan61
31-12-2021 16:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And in east Texas, it wasn't raining cats and dogs but fish and small amphibians.
Maybe that is an example of climate change, maybe? You know, now it's not just water in the rain.

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/12/30/fish-fall-sky-during-rainstorm-eastern-texas/

And this might be why it's warm in Perth. You can watch the cloud cover go in 2 different directions over Perth. This is what would allow for warm air from the desert to move into that low pressure area.
https://www.weatherzone.com.au/satellite

What the jet streams are doing around Australia. You can see where the tropical jet stream is weak and then becomes a part of the polar jet stream circling Antarctica. And when you look at the left side where the jet stream has more turns, etc., that is where the hole in the ozone layer is. You'll have to use your cursor and its left button to push the view up. Then you'll rotate to over Antarctica.
https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/global-jetstream#2021/12/31/0600Z/jetstream/surface/level/overlay=jetstream/orthographic=136.69,-80.76,443
Edited on 31-12-2021 16:11
31-12-2021 21:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
We have just had a heat wave from Christmas eve through to Wednesday.It was caused by a high pressure system in the Great Australian bight drawing down hot air from the Pilbara.Today was the same amount of sunlight as the other days but was noticably cooler as the Southwesters blew steady all day and it is like a big evaporative airconditioner.The store I work at has ocean views out the back entrance so it is very nice to regularly go outside.The good old climate change was blamed of course but it must of stopped working the last 2 days.


Heh. On the other side of the planet, The Pacific Northwest just went through a cold wave, with temperature getting down to a measly 3 degF (-16 degC). Winds are shifting around to the usual marine airflow and we are warming up at last.

Already blamed on 'climate change', whatever the heck THAT is (no one has defined it yet)!. These twits are so predictable!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 31-12-2021 21:45
01-01-2022 03:31
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
I may still be alive in 20 years and when absolutely nothing has happened I wonder what the new scare will be.Mutant space goats are going to eat us.A work colleague and I had a short discussion on this and he led with the polar caps melting.I responded with they are not.Thanks to this forum I find I can instantly respond to the propaganda humans are being fed.Thanks team
01-01-2022 05:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
We have just had a heat wave from Christmas eve through to Wednesday.It was caused by a high pressure system in the Great Australian bight drawing down hot air from the Pilbara.Today was the same amount of sunlight as the other days but was noticably cooler as the Southwesters blew steady all day and it is like a big evaporative airconditioner.The store I work at has ocean views out the back entrance so it is very nice to regularly go outside.The good old climate change was blamed of course but it must of stopped working the last 2 days.


Heh. On the other side of the planet, The Pacific Northwest just went through a cold wave, with temperature getting down to a measly 3 degF (-16 degC). Winds are shifting around to the usual marine airflow and we are warming up at last.

Already blamed on 'climate change', whatever the heck THAT is (no one has defined it yet)!. These twits are so predictable!

The Madison Wisconsin area hitting 68 degF for a day in the middle of December was blamed on "climate change" as well. --- It's quickly cooled back down though... Some low temps are going to start going below zero now.
01-01-2022 05:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
We have just had a heat wave from Christmas eve through to Wednesday.It was caused by a high pressure system in the Great Australian bight drawing down hot air from the Pilbara.Today was the same amount of sunlight as the other days but was noticably cooler as the Southwesters blew steady all day and it is like a big evaporative airconditioner.The store I work at has ocean views out the back entrance so it is very nice to regularly go outside.The good old climate change was blamed of course but it must of stopped working the last 2 days.


Heh. On the other side of the planet, The Pacific Northwest just went through a cold wave, with temperature getting down to a measly 3 degF (-16 degC). Winds are shifting around to the usual marine airflow and we are warming up at last.

Already blamed on 'climate change', whatever the heck THAT is (no one has defined it yet)!. These twits are so predictable!

The Madison Wisconsin area hitting 68 degF for a day in the middle of December was blamed on "climate change" as well. --- It's quickly cooled back down though... Some low temps are going to start going below zero now.



Isn't it interesting that Milwaukee and Chicago are basically one city. So what you're saying is that in Chicago the Cubs won the World Series. And in Waukegan or Rockford, Go Cubs!!
I mean seriously, 90 miles? That's like going from Olympia to Everett. It's the Puget Sound. Kind of like saying Stevens Pass or Snoqualmie. They're both a part of the Cascades, duh!!
02-01-2022 19:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And on New Years Day in Richmond, Kentucky, USA a large funnel cloud was seen. Just think, if it was a little bit warmer it might've been an actual tornado. This is where warm air coming off of the ground needs to allow for a thermal updraft. And with so much activity like this in the last 3 weeks, it is what would be expected in the summer and not at the beginning of winter.

https://foxlexington.com/video/richmond-family-captures-stunning-tornado-footage-on-new-years-day/7271801/
02-01-2022 20:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4323)
Tornadoes form from a weak spot in the ozone layer. A small hole forms, the tornadoes reaches down toward the ground to suck up enough CO2 to seal the small hole. There isn't a lot of arctic CO2, so the ozone hole just keeps getting bigger, until the Arctic Vortex forms. Mostly creating cold weather, as it strips the land of any available CO2. If the evil liberals are successful in reducing man made CO2, we will have longer, harsher cold periods, until the entire planet freezes over.
03-01-2022 16:23
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
James___ wrote:
Isn't it interesting that Milwaukee and Chicago are basically one city.

They aren't, not even basically.
03-01-2022 16:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tornadoes form from a weak spot in the ozone layer. A small hole forms, the tornadoes reaches down toward the ground to suck up enough CO2 to seal the small hole. There isn't a lot of arctic CO2, so the ozone hole just keeps getting bigger, until the Arctic Vortex forms. Mostly creating cold weather, as it strips the land of any available CO2. If the evil liberals are successful in reducing man made CO2, we will have longer, harsher cold periods, until the entire planet freezes over.


And yet the Republican party is trying to understand the threat that Trump is to future elections.

but some GOP governors are concerned that former President Donald Trump could be an impediment
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-18/republicans-riding-high-into-2022-elections-wary-of-trump-factor

This might actually help the US.
03-01-2022 18:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tornadoes form from a weak spot in the ozone layer. A small hole forms, the tornadoes reaches down toward the ground to suck up enough CO2 to seal the small hole. There isn't a lot of arctic CO2, so the ozone hole just keeps getting bigger, until the Arctic Vortex forms. Mostly creating cold weather, as it strips the land of any available CO2. If the evil liberals are successful in reducing man made CO2, we will have longer, harsher cold periods, until the entire planet freezes over.


And yet the Republican party is trying to understand the threat that Trump is to future elections.

but some GOP governors are concerned that former President Donald Trump could be an impediment
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-18/republicans-riding-high-into-2022-elections-wary-of-trump-factor

This might actually help the US.

The Fake News is lying to you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-01-2022 04:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tornadoes form from a weak spot in the ozone layer. A small hole forms, the tornadoes reaches down toward the ground to suck up enough CO2 to seal the small hole. There isn't a lot of arctic CO2, so the ozone hole just keeps getting bigger, until the Arctic Vortex forms. Mostly creating cold weather, as it strips the land of any available CO2. If the evil liberals are successful in reducing man made CO2, we will have longer, harsher cold periods, until the entire planet freezes over.


And yet the Republican party is trying to understand the threat that Trump is to future elections.

but some GOP governors are concerned that former President Donald Trump could be an impediment
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-18/republicans-riding-high-into-2022-elections-wary-of-trump-factor

This might actually help the US.

The Fake News is lying to you.



And in other news;
Navajo President Jonathan Nez has signed legislation to provide $557 million in hardship assistance to tribal members amid the coronavirus pandemic.
https://ktar.com/story/4830156/navajo-president-jonathan-nez-oks-557m-in-virus-relief-funds-for-members/
06-01-2022 05:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And if anyone is wondering, many on that reservation don't have water available to them. And that includes the Hopi. Just some more fake news.

https://www.navajowaterproject.org/

Change does start with you.
Edited on 06-01-2022 06:40
06-01-2022 07:30
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4323)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tornadoes form from a weak spot in the ozone layer. A small hole forms, the tornadoes reaches down toward the ground to suck up enough CO2 to seal the small hole. There isn't a lot of arctic CO2, so the ozone hole just keeps getting bigger, until the Arctic Vortex forms. Mostly creating cold weather, as it strips the land of any available CO2. If the evil liberals are successful in reducing man made CO2, we will have longer, harsher cold periods, until the entire planet freezes over.


And yet the Republican party is trying to understand the threat that Trump is to future elections.

but some GOP governors are concerned that former President Donald Trump could be an impediment
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-18/republicans-riding-high-into-2022-elections-wary-of-trump-factor

This might actually help the US.


Trump is a threat to the democrat/socialist agenda, and not too shy to admit it. The Republican party doesn't want to be targeted as the enemy of democrats, just help the country and fight socialism in the background. With Trump, it's an all out battle, to put it to rest quickly. Which isn't bad, but reckless and dangerous. Lot of people stand to get hurt in the process. Slow or fast, it's still going to hurt. We want the slow, tolerable pain, over time. Most couldn't survive a quick-fix. That's always been the democrat method of screwing things up. The quick-fix costs a lot of money, and hurts. More people are dependent on the democrats to help them through, at the cost of freedom and liberties.
06-01-2022 07:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tornadoes form from a weak spot in the ozone layer. A small hole forms, the tornadoes reaches down toward the ground to suck up enough CO2 to seal the small hole. There isn't a lot of arctic CO2, so the ozone hole just keeps getting bigger, until the Arctic Vortex forms. Mostly creating cold weather, as it strips the land of any available CO2. If the evil liberals are successful in reducing man made CO2, we will have longer, harsher cold periods, until the entire planet freezes over.


And yet the Republican party is trying to understand the threat that Trump is to future elections.

but some GOP governors are concerned that former President Donald Trump could be an impediment
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-18/republicans-riding-high-into-2022-elections-wary-of-trump-factor

This might actually help the US.


Trump is a threat to the democrat/socialist agenda, and not too shy to admit it. The Republican party doesn't want to be targeted as the enemy of democrats, just help the country and fight socialism in the background. With Trump, it's an all out battle, to put it to rest quickly. Which isn't bad, but reckless and dangerous. Lot of people stand to get hurt in the process. Slow or fast, it's still going to hurt. We want the slow, tolerable pain, over time. Most couldn't survive a quick-fix. That's always been the democrat method of screwing things up. The quick-fix costs a lot of money, and hurts. More people are dependent on the democrats to help them through, at the cost of freedom and liberties.



My post was about Native Americans and their plight. Between the Navajo Nation and the Hopi, most do not have a source of water. As Americans this should be a concern. People should have a right to having a life.

p.s., if my work in atmospheric chemistry proves to be correct, then people might consider Billy Jack;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0eHzTKEMY

We have decisions to make. And it is better to work with people than to fight them.
Edited on 06-01-2022 07:53
06-01-2022 12:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
James___ wrote:Between the Navajo Nation and the Hopi, most do not have a source of water. As Americans this should be a concern. People should have a right to having a life.

Maybe if their project works out, they'll be able to have a life with water.

James___ wrote:p.s., if my work in atmospheric chemistry proves to be correct, then people might consider Billy Jack; We have decisions to make. And it is better to work with people than to fight them.

I hope the Navajo get cracking on their atmospheric chemistry soon.
06-01-2022 19:16
keepit
★★★★★
(2561)
Harvey,
I've read 6 very scholarly climate change books and i've never seen the ozone, co2, tornado connection.
Where did you get that?
06-01-2022 19:25
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2548)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've read 6 very scholarly climate change books and i've never seen the ozone, co2, tornado connection.
Where did you get that?


Did your scholarly books make a CO2/tornado connection? Do you believe it? Why?


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
06-01-2022 19:37
keepit
★★★★★
(2561)
Gas,
They aren't my books but yes there is consensus among those books that there is a connection between co2 and tornados and yes i do believe it.
06-01-2022 19:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2548)
keepit wrote:
Gas,
They aren't my books but yes there is consensus among those books that there is a connection between co2 and tornados and yes i do believe it.


Mostl important question....

According to your understanding of the material, why do YOU believe there is a connection between increased CO2 and tornadoes?

By the way, I am TOTALLY relieved that these were not your books. 6 books is way too many and one should only possess half that value.


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
Edited on 06-01-2022 19:59
06-01-2022 20:39
keepit
★★★★★
(2561)
As i see it, increasing co2 slows the release of thermal energy and infrared em from the earth and the atmosphere. As the temperature rises there are naturally going to be disruptions to the status quo. Tornados are a manifestation of changes in the atmosphere. They are popping up where there rarely were tornados decades ago.
Six books didn't make ma an expert though. I did teach climate change to retirees not that it required an expert.
06-01-2022 22:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tornadoes form from a weak spot in the ozone layer. A small hole forms, the tornadoes reaches down toward the ground to suck up enough CO2 to seal the small hole. There isn't a lot of arctic CO2, so the ozone hole just keeps getting bigger, until the Arctic Vortex forms. Mostly creating cold weather, as it strips the land of any available CO2. If the evil liberals are successful in reducing man made CO2, we will have longer, harsher cold periods, until the entire planet freezes over.


And yet the Republican party is trying to understand the threat that Trump is to future elections.

but some GOP governors are concerned that former President Donald Trump could be an impediment
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-18/republicans-riding-high-into-2022-elections-wary-of-trump-factor

This might actually help the US.


Trump is a threat to the democrat/socialist agenda, and not too shy to admit it. The Republican party doesn't want to be targeted as the enemy of democrats, just help the country and fight socialism in the background. With Trump, it's an all out battle, to put it to rest quickly. Which isn't bad, but reckless and dangerous. Lot of people stand to get hurt in the process. Slow or fast, it's still going to hurt. We want the slow, tolerable pain, over time. Most couldn't survive a quick-fix. That's always been the democrat method of screwing things up. The quick-fix costs a lot of money, and hurts. More people are dependent on the democrats to help them through, at the cost of freedom and liberties.



My post was about Native Americans and their plight. Between the Navajo Nation and the Hopi, most do not have a source of water. As Americans this should be a concern. People should have a right to having a life.

p.s., if my work in atmospheric chemistry proves to be correct, then people might consider Billy Jack;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0eHzTKEMY

We have decisions to make. And it is better to work with people than to fight them.


The Navajo and the Hopi DO have a life.
They DO have sources of water. Remember, they are still alive.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2022 02:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
keepit wrote:
Gas,
They aren't my books but yes there is consensus among those books that there is a connection between co2 and tornados and yes i do believe it.


Well, THERE's a religious statement if I ever heard one!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2022 02:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
keepit wrote:
As i see it, increasing co2 slows the release of thermal energy

You cannot trap heat. See the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
keepit wrote:
and infrared em

You cannot trap light. See Planck's law and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
keepit wrote:
from the earth and the atmosphere. As the temperature rises there are naturally going to be disruptions to the status quo.

You cannot create energy out of nothing. See the 1st law of thermodynamics.
keepit wrote:
Tornados are a manifestation of changes in the atmosphere.

A tornado is a storm. It is a way of cooling the surface by heating the atmosphere.
keepit wrote:
They are popping up where there rarely were tornados decades ago.

Tornadoes occur in every State and in every nation.
keepit wrote:
Six books didn't make ma an expert though.

Obviously.
keepit wrote:
I did teach climate change to retirees not that it required an expert.

Define 'climate change'.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2022 02:32
keepit
★★★★★
(2561)
itn,
The scientists that wrote those books could explain the mechanism but it's above my pay grade. Actually i think i've heard that tornados aren't that predictable to the average.
07-01-2022 02:53
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4323)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've read 6 very scholarly climate change books and i've never seen the ozone, co2, tornado connection.
Where did you get that?


Good God! It came from The Gospel, according to James, sort of... Really hadn't imagine that it could be taken seriously. I was just playing on James' obsession with ozone holes.

There is actually only one book you will ever need. It's called the Bible. Not real easy to read and understand, but full of knowledge and wisdom. The stories predate any written language, so were passed on orally for many generations, languages. Most take the stories too literally, but the actual wisdom is buried deeper. Everything has a purpose, we just don't understand or appreciate much of it. Ozone holes do provide some purpose. I've no idea what that might be, but it's nothing man-made. Certainly not a good idea to play around with. It's okay to study, understand, and appreciate the world around us. It not okay to worship science, as if a God, and deny all else. How there came to be life on this planet, will always be anybody's guess. God, represents all we can never really know, just forever guess at, and try to convince other's that our guess is correct. God, isn't really some 'Big-guy in the sky', punishing his creations, for fun and entertainment, to teach them who's boss of the universe. The Bible is a guidebook.
07-01-2022 08:14
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
keepit wrote:
As i see it, increasing co2 slows the release of thermal energy and infrared em from the earth and the atmosphere. As the temperature rises there are naturally going to be disruptions to the status quo. Tornados are a manifestation of changes in the atmosphere. They are popping up where there rarely were tornados decades ago.
Six books didn't make ma an expert though. I did teach climate change to retirees not that it required an expert.


I am so glad you mentioned the warming.A lot of modern discourse seems to forget to mention without the warming you have nothing.CO2 by humans is being blamed for a lot of stuff and it is just not so.The true surface temperature readings around the world do not show any considerable warming at all.The website CDN posts a graph of different parts of the world where continuous measuring has taken place in the same spot for 100 years and it is not possible to tell between 1920 and 2020.I have been measuring CO2 in the air for a considerable time and have detected that where it was 390-420ppm 6 months ago it has now been regularly 370-390 ppm.This may be because of Covid restrictions or now there are more trees they are eating it or even now humans are generating more solar and wind energy it is happening.One thing I do know is people who have the faith of climate change will not settle until we are all living on a frozen rock.The small amount of manmade CO2 in the atmosphere is contributing a very tiny amount to the atmospheres effect on weather.There are to many factors to consider.Heat rises man it does not go down it radiates up.


duncan61
07-01-2022 18:26
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:.The true surface temperature readings around the world do not show any considerable warming at all.

I noticed that little qualifier that you just had to insert in order to preach your WACKY region. You pretend to bash on wamizombies for claiming Greenhouse Effect while you turn around and preach the exact same Greenhouse Effect. You throw in the qualifier "considerable" to imply that, of course, there is is some Greenhouse Effect ... just not a "considerable" amount. When you are asked to explain why any rational adult should believe your violations of physics, you tap dance like totally dishonest lying phuck.

One more time: you bash on others for preaching Greenhouse Effect while you preach Greenhouse Effect ... and jump in and out as to what is the cause, i.e. greenhouse gas, gravity, others.

So I'll ask again, why do you believe the earth can somehow spontaneously increase in average global temperature, to any extent, without any additional thermal energy? Why do you believe the earth can somehow defy physics?
07-01-2022 18:51
keepit
★★★★★
(2561)
itn and ibd,
Both of you post a lot of slogans by naming scientific principles but i haven't seen any detailed understanding of them from either of you.
07-01-2022 19:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
keepit wrote:
itn,
The scientists that wrote those books could explain the mechanism but it's above my pay grade. Actually i think i've heard that tornados aren't that predictable to the average.


Void authority fallacy.

The mechanism of a tornado is simple. It just like the vortex in bathtub when it drains, except upside down. It is caused by rapidly rising air.




The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2022 19:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've read 6 very scholarly climate change books and i've never seen the ozone, co2, tornado connection.
Where did you get that?


Good God! It came from The Gospel, according to James, sort of... Really hadn't imagine that it could be taken seriously. I was just playing on James' obsession with ozone holes.

There is actually only one book you will ever need. It's called the Bible. Not real easy to read and understand, but full of knowledge and wisdom. The stories predate any written language, so were passed on orally for many generations, languages. Most take the stories too literally, but the actual wisdom is buried deeper. Everything has a purpose, we just don't understand or appreciate much of it. Ozone holes do provide some purpose. I've no idea what that might be, but it's nothing man-made. Certainly not a good idea to play around with. It's okay to study, understand, and appreciate the world around us. It not okay to worship science, as if a God, and deny all else. How there came to be life on this planet, will always be anybody's guess. God, represents all we can never really know, just forever guess at, and try to convince other's that our guess is correct. God, isn't really some 'Big-guy in the sky', punishing his creations, for fun and entertainment, to teach them who's boss of the universe. The Bible is a guidebook.


Science has no religion. It is completely atheistic. It does not care if there is a God, many gods, or no gods at all. It simply doesn't go there.

Science is not a religion. It is not possible to worship science. It simply exists, like mathematics, logic, or philosophy.

Science is just a set of falsifiable theories. No theory of science attempts to describe God, prove God, or deny God.

There are no proofs in science.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2022 19:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
keepit wrote:
itn and ibd,
Both of you post a lot of slogans by naming scientific principles but i haven't seen any detailed understanding of them from either of you.

Lie. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2022 19:25
keepit
★★★★★
(2561)
What a cool picture!
08-01-2022 01:42
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:.The true surface temperature readings around the world do not show any considerable warming at all.

I noticed that little qualifier that you just had to insert in order to preach your WACKY region. You pretend to bash on wamizombies for claiming Greenhouse Effect while you turn around and preach the exact same Greenhouse Effect. You throw in the qualifier "considerable" to imply that, of course, there is is some Greenhouse Effect ... just not a "considerable" amount. When you are asked to explain why any rational adult should believe your violations of physics, you tap dance like totally dishonest lying phuck.

One more time: you bash on others for preaching Greenhouse Effect while you preach Greenhouse Effect ... and jump in and out as to what is the cause, i.e. greenhouse gas, gravity, others.

So I'll ask again, why do you believe the earth can somehow spontaneously increase in average global temperature, to any extent, without any additional thermal energy? Why do you believe the earth can somehow defy physics?
.

This is your personal take.It is summer where I live and we have days that get to 40.C and the next day may only get to 34.C yet conditions appear to be the same.Your interpretation of the laws of physics do not apply to weather systems.I disagree with alarmists that the planet is going to get hotter and hotter till we can not live here.Some temperature stations have recorded a warming trend over time but we do not measure everwhere at once.The Congo may be cooling.Who knows.Satellites can not measure temperature end of story but NASA can not go on public record saying their stuff does not work.I am going to start a new thread on the laws of physics so we can explore this further


duncan61
08-01-2022 04:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:.The true surface temperature readings around the world do not show any considerable warming at all.

I noticed that little qualifier that you just had to insert in order to preach your WACKY region. You pretend to bash on wamizombies for claiming Greenhouse Effect while you turn around and preach the exact same Greenhouse Effect. You throw in the qualifier "considerable" to imply that, of course, there is is some Greenhouse Effect ... just not a "considerable" amount. When you are asked to explain why any rational adult should believe your violations of physics, you tap dance like totally dishonest lying phuck.

One more time: you bash on others for preaching Greenhouse Effect while you preach Greenhouse Effect ... and jump in and out as to what is the cause, i.e. greenhouse gas, gravity, others.

So I'll ask again, why do you believe the earth can somehow spontaneously increase in average global temperature, to any extent, without any additional thermal energy? Why do you believe the earth can somehow defy physics?
.

This is your personal take.

The laws of physics is not a 'personal take'.
duncan61 wrote:
It is summer where I live and we have days that get to 40.C and the next day may only get to 34.C yet conditions appear to be the same.

They are obviously different conditions. Paradox. Irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.
duncan61 wrote:
Your interpretation of the laws of physics do not apply to weather systems.

There is no 'interpretation'. They apply everywhere...all the time...without exception.
duncan61 wrote:
I disagree with alarmists that the planet is going to get hotter and hotter till we can not live here.Some temperature stations have recorded a warming trend over time but we do not measure everwhere at once.

Base rate fallacy. We do not measure at all. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
The Congo may be cooling.Who knows.

Not even the Congo.
duncan61 wrote:
Satellites can not measure temperature end of story but NASA can not go on public record saying their stuff does not work.

It does work. It just can't measure absolute temperature.
duncan61 wrote:
I am going to start a new thread on the laws of physics so we can explore this further

Here is some starting material:

1st law of thermodynamics: E(t+1) = E(t) - U where 'E' is energy, 't' is time, and 'U' is work.
2nd law of thermodynamics: e(t+1) >= e(t) where 'e' is entropy, and 't' is time.
Stefan-Boltzmann law: r = C * e * t^4 where 'r' is radiance in watts per square area, 'C' is a natural constant, 'e' is a measured constant, and 't' is temperature in deg K.

The temperature of Earth is unknown.
The emissivity of Earth is unknown.
The global sea level of Earth is unknown.
The total ice and snow content on Earth is unknown.
There is no such thing as a global climate.

In statistical math, you MUST select from unbiased raw data. Selection MUST be by randN.
The raw data MUST be published and available for perusal.
Selected data MUST normalized using a paired randR.
The variance MUST be declared and justified, and the margin of error determined from that.
The margin of error value MUST accompany any summary.

In probability math, you MUST declare the boundary of the probability in question.
You MUST declare the randX of the system in that boundary.
You must properly extrapolate all sequential and parallel combinations (done through sums and multiplications).
The resulting summary may be expressed either as a ratio or as a percentage.

In addition, before I accept ANY raw data, I must know:
* who collected it.
* the purpose of collecting it.
* when it was collected.
* the method of collection used.
* if instrumentation is used, the calibration method of that equipment, and when it last calibrated.
* the raw data MUST be published openly. No paywalls. No passwords. No vague references. A hard link will do, but ONLY if it points directly to the raw data and not to some vague reference to it. All other conditions must also be met.

This is where you may start your new thread.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-01-2022 07:42
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
keepit wrote:itn and ibd,

keepit, you and that WACKY voice inside your head that totally controls you ...

keepit wrote:Both of you post a lot of slogans by naming scientific principles

Too funny! You think that science is a collection of slogans. It's no wonder that your worldview is so horrendously backwards.

keepit wrote: ... but i haven't seen any detailed understanding

... because you have blinded yourself. You can't see anything when you keep your eyes closed.

To not to suck.
08-01-2022 07:52
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:This is your personal take.

Science is not a subjective matter of personal opinion.

So I'll ask again, why do you believe the earth can somehow spontaneously increase in average global temperature, to any extent, without any additional thermal energy? Why do you believe the earth can somehow defy physics?

duncan61 wrote:Your interpretation of the laws of physics do not apply to weather systems.

1. I have no interpretation of physics. Physics is not a subjective matter of opinion or of personal interpretation.

2. Physics applies to weather systems.

So I'll ask again, why do you believe the earth can somehow spontaneously increase in average global temperature, to any extent, without any additional thermal energy? Why do you believe the earth can somehow defy physics?

duncan61 wrote:I disagree with alarmists that the planet is going to get hotter and hotter till we can not live here.

You agree with them totally that the earth is somehow getting warmer. Strangely, you become completely silent when asked to explain how.

duncan61 wrote:Some temperature stations have recorded a warming trend over time

None have. You have been made aware that there are no trends in weather or in any random events. Nonetheless, you cling to that wording because your WACKY religion demands it.

Why won't you flip a coin 500 times and tell me what trends you see? Is it because that would be pointless? ... because there aren't any trends in random events?

duncan61 wrote:I am going to start a new thread on the laws of physics so we can explore this further

I look forward to it. Let's focus on physics and leave all religion out of it, deal?
08-01-2022 16:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4323)
There are a lot of different elements, that influence weather. The main driver though, is that half the planet is exposed to the sun, the other half is in shadow. One half warms, as the other half cools. This is what keeps the air around us in motion. 80% of the planet surface is water, some is always evaporating to form clouds, or condensing to fall back to the surface as precipitation. The whole time, the entire planet is rotating, a different portion exposed to the sun. The planet also obits the sun. It's the difference between the hot side, and cold side, that drives the weather most.

Water vapor regulates the surface temperature. The planet never gets too hot to support life (obviously). Starts getting 'hot', more water evaporates, carrying away thermal energy from the surface. That water vapor will cool, condense, and fall back to the surface, to do it all over again. There is a lot of water on this planet, only a small portion can evaporate in a day.
09-01-2022 01:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
HarveyH55 wrote:
There are a lot of different elements, that influence weather. The main driver though, is that half the planet is exposed to the sun, the other half is in shadow. One half warms, as the other half cools. This is what keeps the air around us in motion. 80% of the planet surface is water, some is always evaporating to form clouds, or condensing to fall back to the surface as precipitation. The whole time, the entire planet is rotating, a different portion exposed to the sun. The planet also obits the sun. It's the difference between the hot side, and cold side, that drives the weather most.

Water vapor regulates the surface temperature. The planet never gets too hot to support life (obviously). Starts getting 'hot', more water evaporates, carrying away thermal energy from the surface. That water vapor will cool, condense, and fall back to the surface, to do it all over again. There is a lot of water on this planet, only a small portion can evaporate in a day.


Water vapor does not regulate anything. It is not a thermostat.

The atmosphere has mass. It takes time to warm it up or cool it down, the same as any other mass. There is nothing special about water vapor in this.

The atmosphere is thickest at the surface, so the time it takes to warm and cool by a single degree is greatest there.

The Moon has very little atmosphere (not zero!) that's barely there at all. It doesn't take much time for that extremely thin atmosphere to warm up or cool down. It is the reason that thermometers placed on the surface of the Moon can show such a wide variation in temperature.

Venus has an extraordinary thick atmosphere (at the surface it is 90 times the pressure of Earth!). This pressure is equivalent to being 3000 ft under the surface of an ocean on Earth.

Like any mass, it takes time to heat it up and cool it down. Temperatures between the night and day side of Venus are virtually identical, despite the long day and night the surface of Venus experiences because this time is so great.

The temperature of each of these bodies is unknown. The emissivity of each of these bodies is unknown. What does change, however, is how fast the atmosphere at the surface can heat up or cool down.

None of this, of course, describes the average temperature of any planet.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-01-2022 08:46
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:This is your personal take.

Science is not a subjective matter of personal opinion.

So I'll ask again, why do you believe the earth can somehow spontaneously increase in average global temperature, to any extent, without any additional thermal energy? Why do you believe the earth can somehow defy physics?

duncan61 wrote:Your interpretation of the laws of physics do not apply to weather systems.

1. I have no interpretation of physics. Physics is not a subjective matter of opinion or of personal interpretation.

2. Physics applies to weather systems.

So I'll ask again, why do you believe the earth can somehow spontaneously increase in average global temperature, to any extent, without any additional thermal energy? Why do you believe the earth can somehow defy physics?

duncan61 wrote:I disagree with alarmists that the planet is going to get hotter and hotter till we can not live here.

You agree with them totally that the earth is somehow getting warmer. Strangely, you become completely silent when asked to explain how.

duncan61 wrote:Some temperature stations have recorded a warming trend over time

None have. You have been made aware that there are no trends in weather or in any random events. Nonetheless, you cling to that wording because your WACKY religion demands it.

Why won't you flip a coin 500 times and tell me what trends you see? Is it because that would be pointless? ... because there aren't any trends in random events?

duncan61 wrote:I am going to start a new thread on the laws of physics so we can explore this further

I look forward to it. Let's focus on physics and leave all religion out of it, deal?


I have decided to respond
IBDm wrote Science is not a subjective matter of personal opinion.
.The laws of thermodynamics are subject to interpretation.I have read these laws and have a different perspective of their meaning.I accuse you of defining their meaning to support your agenda which appears to be to deny everything related to this topic

So I'll ask again, why do you believe the earth can somehow spontaneously increase in average global temperature, to any extent, without any additional thermal energy? Why do you believe the earth can somehow defy physics?

The temperature of the entire planet can go up and down due to our position in the solar system.Northern hemishere has cooler summers and bitterly cold winters where the southern hemisphere is much warmer and has mild winters.It is in a constant state of flux.You introduced this spontaneous warming crap even the most devout alarmist is only claiming .25 C a decade for the last 40 year.This takes us from 1960-2000 and now the dialogue has changed as over the last 20 years it has cooled down .5 C This is based on the same inaccurate land based measuring stations which more than half of are only calibrated to plus minus 5 degrees.At the warmazombie meeting I went to I took my laser temp gun and a desktop and the desktop was going up from 19.C to 23.3 then some clouds rolled in and the desktop went down to 19.C again.I asked the bloke I was talking to who was the meeting coordinater.What temperature is it and what was it when the satellite flew over and read the IR light.I also took a bunch of readings with the laser gun and had a variation of over 10.C.He obviously had no answer and this is just the small manmade island we were on.

You agree with them totally that the earth is somehow getting warmer. Strangely, you become completely silent when asked to explain how.

The only countries alleging contributing to this hottest day ever is U.K USA and Australia and we have busted the CSIRO manipulating the data many times.They need a please explain.I am aware that England alone has 140,000 measuring stations but use 200 meteorological stations for the weather.Trends in temperature can be recorded otherwise why bother

None have. You have been made aware that there are no trends in weather or in any random events. Nonetheless, you cling to that wording because your WACKY religion demands it.

Why won't you flip a coin 500 times and tell me what trends you see? Is it because that would be pointless? ... because there aren't any trends in random events?

Again you continue to refer to religion.I am not part of anything except the Scarborough beach bowling club where I shoot darts

In the time I have been on this forum I have found the answers I was seeking however you and ITN seem to have knowledge of everything and have learned nothing.bit sad for you realy.


duncan61
Edited on 09-01-2022 09:27
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate weather:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The 100 Year Weather Forecast1113-09-2022 16:19
The Weather, Climate Change Are Revealing The Truth Of This Corrupt Society System126-08-2022 17:11
Meteorologists are getting better at forecasting "extreme weather events"4223-08-2022 20:58
Example of Florida weather723-12-2021 22:55
weather2417-02-2021 16:44
Articles
Appendix B - Calculating The Economic Costs of Extreme Weather Events
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact