Remember me
▼ Content

"We Are in Deep Trouble": Carbon Emissions Break Record in Devastating Global Setback

"We Are in Deep Trouble": Carbon Emissions Break Record in Devastating Global Setback27-03-2019 22:10
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.sciencealert.com/coal-plants-are-emitting-more-than-ever-and-we-are-headed-for-disaster
29-03-2019 13:23
sceptic777
☆☆☆☆☆
(30)
Hi, I have just seen a video on youtube by Prof.William Happer where he points out that we are in a CO2 drought! CO2 is great for plants and is not the greenhouse gas we have been told about.

The warming effect of CO2 is logarithmic! This means that after about 300ppm the warming effect of extra CO2 is ever diminishing! He claims that millions of years ago the conc. of CO2 was over 1000ppm and the plants and animals survived and even flourished! Vid is worth a look!
29-03-2019 13:33
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
sceptic777 wrote:
Hi, I have just seen a video on youtube by Prof.William Happer where he points out that we are in a CO2 drought! CO2 is great for plants and is not the greenhouse gas we have been told about.

The warming effect of CO2 is logarithmic! This means that after about 300ppm the warming effect of extra CO2 is ever diminishing! He claims that millions of years ago the conc. of CO2 was over 1000ppm and the plants and animals survived and even flourished! Vid is worth a look!

CO2 absorption is not logarithmic. 5 ppm to 10 ppm is not the same as 250 ppm to 500 ppm. The first few ppm CO2 absorb almost all what CO2 absorbs. Beyond the first few ppm is negligible and irrelevant.
29-03-2019 19:26
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
https://www.sciencealert.com/coal-plants-are-emitting-more-than-ever-and-we-are-headed-for-disaster

Within written history we have had two super-volcanic eruptions that have released each more CO2 than has been produced in all of the history of Homo Sapiens. Worrying about this is nothing more than a scare tactic.
Edited on 29-03-2019 19:27
30-03-2019 19:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
sceptic777 wrote:

The warming effect of CO2 is quite linear. It's zero. It stays zero throughout any practical concentration of CO2.

CO2 can't warm the Earth using Earth's own emitted radiance.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
31-03-2019 14:58
sceptic777
☆☆☆☆☆
(30)
Looks like you have a very different graph than I have.

Mine is from a PDF called "A Cool Look at Global Warming" by The Lavoisier Group. They say "The first 20ppm CO2 in the atmosphere has a greater effect than the following 300ppm."
31-03-2019 17:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14403)
sceptic777 wrote:
Looks like you have a very different graph than I have.

Mine is from a PDF called "A Cool Look at Global Warming" by The Lavoisier Group. They say "The first 20ppm CO2 in the atmosphere has a greater effect than the following 300ppm."

Into the Night is correct. There is no point in "zero" that is greater than any other.

From the MANUAL

Saturation: noun
In the Global Warming mythology, the mysterious belief that an atom can somehow be "filled to capacity" with photons. At such a point all other photons will apparently find no room at the inn and must look elsewhere to be absorbed. Since this seems to violate Planck's Law and other classical physics, this belief falls within Settled Science.

http://solarcycle24com.proboards.com/post/145274

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-03-2019 17:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Would that be the iconic 'Hockey-Stick' graph? I don't believe in greenhouse gasses, since there is no enclosure surrounding the planet. Silly analogy, that mostly puts some pseudo-science in to a easier to relate to context. Now, in a production style greenhouse, the augment CO2, to 1200-2000 ppm, to get faster growth, and higher yields. Considerably higher, than the faux crisis outdoors. I tend to believe that the climate ideal for plant life, is what we should consider normal and ideal. Plants like a warmer climate, and much higher levels of CO2. Plants provide the food for everything else on the planet, and the only thing that pulls carbon out of the environment, which all life on earth is based on. Healthy happy plants, means we can be healthy and happy too.

Join the debate "We Are in Deep Trouble": Carbon Emissions Break Record in Devastating Global Setback:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems83423-04-2024 21:17
Deep state RFKjr assassination plot thwarted, for now.017-09-2023 15:01
The deep state has a choice, destroy Trump, or help him get reelected113-09-2023 01:14
The EPA's ambitious plan to cut auto emissions to slow climate change runs into skepticism106-08-2023 20:31
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact