Remember me
▼ Content

Watching the Train Wreck in Slow Motion

Page 4 of 24<<<23456>>>
20-07-2021 03:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
James___ wrote:Some players are better than others. A lot of investment comes down to that one basic fact.

What does "investment" have to do with pyramid schemes? What does "investment" have to do with a scam? When a little old lady is bilked of her life savings due to fraud, does it make sense to talk about her "investment"? When Xadoman loses his entire stake in the Safemoon pyramid, will it make sense to speak about him losing an "investment"?

20-07-2021 03:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Some players are better than others. A lot of investment comes down to that one basic fact.

What does "investment" have to do with pyramid schemes? What does "investment" have to do with a scam? When a little old lady is bilked of her life savings due to fraud, does it make sense to talk about her "investment"? When Xadoman loses his entire stake in the Safemoon pyramid, will it make sense to speak about him losing an "investment"?

Son, your mother wondered the very same things. How can we explain you except for we took a chance? Did we fail or? That's life. If we failed you then that is our fault.
20-07-2021 05:00
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
I just stumbled across a timely video from Media Bear... He usually does coronavirus related parodies, but this time he did a crypto related parody. While this thread isn't about an actual cryptocurrency, some of the lyrics are quite applicable here... Enjoy!
20-07-2021 05:11
(3314)
PRICE ACTIVITY ENTRY:

JULY 19th: end of day (low 26XXs into low 25XXs)

Note: I see that we even had a very brief dip into the high 24XXs before coming back up into the low 25XXs... Jeeze, Safemoon is dive bombing faster than I expected (at least atm)... We'll have to HODL onto our excitement and see what tomorrow has in store...

Edited on 20-07-2021 05:12
20-07-2021 05:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
I just stumbled across a timely video from Media Bear... He usually does coronavirus related parodies, but this time he did a crypto related parody. While this thread isn't about an actual cryptocurrency, some of the lyrics are quite applicable here... Enjoy!

Talk about country HODL. I gave it a like.
20-07-2021 05:15
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Talk about country HODL. I gave it a like.

Damn straight. I like me some country music (I like all sorts of stuff though, except for current "country", rap, classical, and most pop) Even those who don't know much about country music should be familiar with that particular song that's being parodied.
20-07-2021 07:36
(14406)
gfm7175 wrote:
PRICE ACTIVITY ENTRY:

Note: I see that we even had a very brief dip into the high 24XXs before coming back up into the low 25XXs... Jeeze, Safemoon is dive bombing faster than I expected (at least atm)... We'll have to HODL onto our excitement and see what tomorrow has in store...

Wow! Into 24XX already? The 24-hour high is under $0.0000027 ... which means that if we had made that the new baseline instead of $0.0000026, we'd be adjusting the baseline already.

Anyway, Safemoon's price right now is $0.000002489.

Say it with me: How low can you go?

I'll get working on the next "Safemoon Changing Baselines Like a Teenage Girl Changing Her Mind" graphic.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-07-2021 10:31
(14406)
Two Points:

1. We should ask ourselves: "What is more likely, ... that Safemoon price will be rebounding soon or that we will need to adjust our baseline downward Tuesday evening around 21:30?

2. The Safemoon developers slipped and unwittingly admitted to " volume bleeding" and price-setting. It's all making sense to me.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-07-2021 16:17
(14406)
We have a change of plans. The next time we shift baselines, we will have to drop down to $0.0000023 instead of $0.0000024 because Safemoon has already dipped into 23XX territory.

Also, we have to consider the possibility that we will need to adjust the baseline in about 12 hours if the directors don't engage in any radical price manipulation to drastically jack up the price.

20-07-2021 16:34
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
PRICE ACTIVITY ENTRY:

Wow! Into 24XX already? The 24-hour high is under $0.0000027 ... which means that if we had made that the new baseline instead of $0.0000026, we'd be adjusting the baseline already.

Anyway, Safemoon's price right now is $0.000002489.

Say it with me: How low can you go?

I'll get working on the next "Safemoon Changing Baselines Like a Teenage Girl Changing Her Mind" graphic.

I look forward to that graphic...
20-07-2021 16:44
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Two Points:

1. We should ask ourselves: "What is more likely, ... that Safemoon price will be rebounding soon or that we will need to adjust our baseline downward Tuesday evening around 21:30?

2. The Safemoon developers slipped and unwittingly admitted to " volume bleeding" and price-setting. It's all making sense to me.

1. We will need to adjust the baseline MUCH sooner than anticipated... I see Safemoon has already dipped as low as $0.000002303 as of this early AM, although it has since recovered to the mid/upper 23XXs. We'll have to see what this morning and afternoon has in store.

2. They admitted to this?? haha

20-07-2021 16:59
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
We have a change of plans. The next time we shift baselines, we will have to drop down to $0.0000023 instead of $0.0000024 because Safemoon has already dipped into 23XX territory.

Definitely. Safemoon has dropped down much faster than I had anticipated it would.

IBdaMann wrote:
Also, we have to consider the possibility that we will need to adjust the baseline in about 12 hours if the directors don't engage in any radical price manipulation to drastically jack up the price.

I think that this will be a very real possibility. If Safemoon can hold around the upper 23XXs (or higher) through much of today, then it seems apparent that $0.0000023 should be considered the new baseline.

I'm interested to see today's performance. I pulled up the 7D chart for Safemoon and it is "light and day" before and after the extremely heavy price manipulation that occurred Sunday evening. Before that event, Safemoon had been dropping at a slow and steady rate. After that event, Safemoon starting dropping at a much faster rate. So far, Safemoon has now climbed back up into the low 24XXs... $0.000002419 atm... Too bad that Safemoon, as of the beginning of this month, had a 3 in the price where the 2 currently is...

20-07-2021 17:44
(14406)
gfm7175 wrote:2. They admitted to this?? haha

Yes, unwittingly.

It goes back to any cryptocurrency's requirement to have its own blockchain. Safemoon does not have its own blockchain because if it had then the developers would not be able to run it as a pyramid scheme. A proprietary block chain is what prevents any funny business from occurring and provides complete transparency across the currency by allowing the entire using community to see into every transaction and to lay out all "the math" which will shoot up an immediate red flag for any error, no matter how trivial. This, in turn, affords the entire using community the confidence needed to actually use it as a currency.

Well, the Safemoon developers had been throwing around the buzzword "DeFi" (which is an abbreviation for "Decentralized Financing") which was intended to assuage their gullible target audience into equating that buzzword with a totally legitimate and totally adequate explanation for not having their own blockchain. When any Safemoon holder is asked "Why would you throw money at something that doesn't have its own blockchain" he will simply regurgitate what he is supposed to say, i.e. "Safemoon is DeFi you moron. It's totally transparent and cuts out the middleman."

Yes, when there is no proprietary blockchain, one has to buy tokens directly from the seller ... who sets the price. There is no broker or brokerage in the middle to allow free market forces to determine a free market price.

So we come to the live streaming Q&A session with the directors/developers in which the above topic was being discussed and one director/developer referenced usage of their liquidity pools ... plural. He didn't realize that he had let the cat out of the bag until another director "conferred" with him at which point he backpedaled and began speaking in the singular.

What this revealed was that the Safemoon directors have more than one scam running and are freely shuttling tokens between pyramids on their DeFi exchange and are using that to "bleed" volume in lieu of a normal "burn" function ... and this can be used to manipulate prices as needed. The directors didn't say this explicitly ... nor did they need to. There is only supposed to be one liquidity pool. Multiple liquidity pools is the definition of a scam. The revelation was unintentional but now we know about it.

The funny thing is that this revelation changes very little if anything. Those who point to it as being an obvious reason to avoid Safemoon have no equity in Safemoon anyway. HODLers, on the other hand, insist that there's nothing to see here. "Show's o-vah." Some HODLers actively go on the offensive by discrediting any mention of this event as "FUD" and will insist that the director simply misspoke a single word ... and that he corrected himself thereafter. So nobody is going to be changing position over this.

20-07-2021 18:33
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:2. They admitted to this?? haha

So we come to the live streaming Q&A session with the directors/developers in which the above topic was being discussed and one director/developer referenced usage of their liquidity pools ... plural. He didn't realize that he had let the cat out of the bag until another director "conferred" with him at which point he backpedaled and began speaking in the singular.

Yeahhhhhhhh, that's definitely a major revelation. This sort of thing happens to liars and manipulators. Eventually their lies and manipulations catch up with them in one way or another (in this case, they inadvertently shared some damning info on a live stream).

This is why it is much better to be honest and genuine, plus there's no continuous stress to keep one's lies and manipulations buried deep in the darkness.

20-07-2021 21:12
(3314)
PRICE ACTIVITY ENTRY:

JULY 20th: beginning of day (mid 24XXs, down to low/mid 23XXs, back up to low/mid 24XXs)

There has been a bit of a rebound, back towards the late-night prices of 12+ hours ago, but I don't suspect that those prices will last through the afternoon... only one way to find out...
20-07-2021 21:13
(14406)
gfm7175 wrote:This is why it is much better to be honest and genuine, plus there's no continuous stress to keep one's lies and manipulations buried deep in the darkness.

Exactly. Tell the truth and you won't have to keep track of which lies you are using.

20-07-2021 23:38
(14406)
I really wasn't expecting it but it's only Tuesday and it looks very likely that we will need to adjust the Safemoon baseline downward yet again ... and this time by 300 SPUs instead of 200. We came very close to having to adjust the baseline downward by 400 SPUs but Safemoon remained above $0.0000023 by a mere 3 SPUs ... though remain above it did. Yes, Safemoon dove all the way to $0.000002303 today whereas just a few days ago Safemoon was working to remain below $0.0000026.

It's like the bottom is dropping out from under Safemoon right before our eyes.

--------

Attached image:

21-07-2021 00:54
(3314)
I, too, was concerned about having to move the baseline down by a whole 400 SPUs after what I saw this morning, but after seeing the afternoon play out, I would say that a 300 SPU downward adjustment to the baseline is in order in a couple of hours from now (down to $0.0000023).

Safemoon seems to have found a happy home in the mid 24XXs for the time being, but I suspect that it'll go down in the evening and subsequent morning hours.
21-07-2021 04:06
(14406)

gfm7175 wrote:
I, too, was concerned about having to move the baseline down by a whole 400 SPUs after what I saw this morning, but after seeing the afternoon play out, I would say that a 300 SPU downward adjustment to the baseline is in order in a couple of hours from now (down to $0.0000023).

Safemoon seems to have found a happy home in the mid 24XXs for the time being, but I suspect that it'll go down in the evening and subsequent morning hours.

Safemoon has fallen below $0.0000026 for more than 24 hours. According to the rules we need to shift the baseline to $0.0000023

Previous 24 Hours:
High Price - $0.000002590
Low Price - $0.000002303

Current Price: $0.000002463

Drumroll please ....

Attached image:

21-07-2021 16:39
(3314)
WHOA..... Xadoman might be in luck after all... ** cue green flashing lights **

ALERT! ALERT!! Safemoon has "gone to the moon"!!!

Very early Wednesday morning, against my suspicions and against what it had done all day Tuesday, Safemoon's price shot way up and is now above $0.0000027 again ($0.000002720 as of this typing)... WOW! Will Safemoon keep "going to the moon"?? Will IBD and I have to "eat crow" as Xadoman laughs at us from his new Lambo?? Stay tuned to find out.....

In all seriousness, I do not expect Safemoon to "go to the moon" (as it is a pyramid scheme collapsing under its own weight) and I think that the livestream info about liquidity poolS that IBD shared with us earlier is very telling...
21-07-2021 17:43
(14406)
gfm7175 wrote:

The question now is "How do you interpret this surge in 'price'?"

We know that the underlying tokens have no inherent value.

We know that the Safemoon directors set the price, not any free market.

We know that the Safemoon directors are shuttling tokens around through different pyramids, i.e. Safemoon is only one pyramid in a pyramid network.

We know that artificially setting a lower Safemoon price represents a lower cost when tokens are reclaimed and the volume bled.

We know that artificially setting a higher Safemoon price represents a greater income when reclaimed tokens are reissued to new participants.

My read: The Safemoon directors noticed newcomer interest accompanied by disillusioned "investors" who wanted to "cut their losses." For eight to ten hours prior to issuing tokens to the new buyers, the Safemoon directors dropped the price into the 23XX and reclaimed the tokens of those wishing to "just get out" (with a 10% penalty to boot, of course) ... and then began "elevating" the price to begin reissuing the previously reclaimed tokens at the new much higher price.

What do you think will happen to the "price" once the new participants have purchased their tokens at 27XX? The Safemoon directors will need to bleed their value. The price will have to come down once the profit from the token reissue is safely invested elsewhere.

Notice that the ones getting totally screwed are those participating in the Safemoon pyramid ... every single one ... excluding the directors themselves.

21-07-2021 18:35
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

My read: The Safemoon directors noticed newcomer interest accompanied by disillusioned "investors" who wanted to "cut their losses." For eight to ten hours prior to issuing tokens to the new buyers, the Safemoon directors dropped the price into the 23XX and reclaimed the tokens of those wishing to "just get out" (with a 10% penalty to boot, of course) ... and then began "elevating" the price to begin reissuing the previously reclaimed tokens at the new much higher price.

What do you think will happen to the "price" once the new participants have purchased their tokens at 27XX? The Safemoon directors will need to bleed their value. The price will have to come down once the profit from the token reissue is safely invested elsewhere.

Notice that the ones getting totally screwed are those participating in the Safemoon pyramid ... every single one ... excluding the directors themselves.

I think it's pretty obvious that, once the new participants have purchased their tokens at the 27XX (or higher) price range, Safemoon will come crashing back down to baseline again.

We've seen this sort of event occur numerous times before... To refresh our memories:

June 12th: mid 35XXs, later up to 38XXs
June 14th: up to 48XXs by late night hours
June 15th: started steadily tumbling down again
June 20th: back down to 38XXs again (about a week later)

June 22nd: down as low as '2490'
June 22nd: instantly up to 34XX
June 23rd: peaked at '3659' before tumbling down to '3107'...

Thursday June 24th @ 16:00:00, the "price" was at '3513'.
Saturday June 26th @ 03:00:00, the "price" was at '2895'.
Tuesday June 29th @ 13:00:00, the "price" was at '3749'.
(about a week later, the "price" had dropped back down to the 29XX area, and kept decreasing)

Since 06/29/21, Safemoon had been on a steady price decline until the super blatant "price" manipulating event that occurred late on 07/18/21, then the price dropped like a rock over the next two days, bottoming out at '2303' early yesterday morning. All day yesterday, Safemoon recovered slightly, finding a home in the mid 24XX range. Then, very late last night and into this morning, Safemoon stuck a rocket under its ass and shot all the way up to the 27XXs (currently at '2786' as I type this).

If current events play out as the events that I have highlighted in June played out, then expect Safemoon to keep shooting upward for a bit yet before "peaking" and then steadily tumbling all the way back down to baseline value over the subsequent week from the "peak moment".

As far as I am concerned, "just give it a week" (maybe less) and the "price" will be back down to baseline value (and falling)...

Let's keep a close eye on this and see what actually happens.

21-07-2021 23:12
(3314)
So far, it appears that Safemoon might have had its "peak moment" at the 12:15:14 time interval today ($0.000002807) as it has since started its tumble back down towards baseline value. I will be keeping a close eye on this latest development.

Safemoon value as of this post: ($0.000002660)

[EDIT] ... it is now $0.000002725 ... Maybe we are in for another bout of "violent swings" as we descend back downward to baseline value? Stay tuned to find out...

I'm starting to wonder if this sink back down to baseline is going to happen much faster than the past examples that I noted...
Edited on 21-07-2021 23:14
22-07-2021 08:36
(14406)

gfm7175 wrote:WHOA..... Xadoman might be in luck after all... ** cue green flashing lights **

I'd like to share some videos.

Recall when the price dropped down into 24XX/25XX. This first video explains with great emotion why it's the PERFECT TIME to buy Safemoon ... buy, buy, buy ... because the price is so low!

Now realize that the price recently surged. This second video was quickly made to explain with great emotion why it's the PERFECT TIME to buy Safemoon ... buy, buy, buy ... because the Safemoon rebound is under way!
---------

Here's a GOOD ANALYSIS.

Here's ANOTHER ANALYSIS.

Given all that, here is some SAGE ADVICE

22-07-2021 17:48
(14406)
It looks like the Safemoon directors simply shifted the price curve back five days.
22-07-2021 18:17
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
It looks like the Safemoon directors simply shifted the price curve back five days.

Yup. If this price curve shift follows the same formula from about a month-ish ago, then I fully expect Safemoon to gradually slide back down to the high 23XX / low 24XX range in about five to eight days from the "peak moment", of which I observed at mid-day yesterday (Wednesday). Thus, we should be seeing consistent high 23XX / low 24XX values return by as early as mid-day Monday (July 26th) but possibly as late as mid-day Thursday (July 29th).

I guess this price curve shift buys the Safemoon scammers directors another week's worth of time...

23-07-2021 03:38
(3314)
Nothing special to report today... Safemoon was in the upper 26XX area for much of the morning hours before springing up into the low/mid 27XXs just before noon and has stayed pretty consistent in the low/mid 27XX area throughout the rest of today...
23-07-2021 10:48
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Nothing special to report today

We already got it. When the price goes down then you are going to report every little move but if it goes up then " there is nothing to report ".
I want to see what you are going to say when the price goes 10X
I quess at some point there is going to be a golden silence.
23-07-2021 15:54
(14406)
gfm7175 wrote:Nothing special to report today... Safemoon was in the upper 26XX area for much of the morning hours before springing up into the low/mid 27XXs just before noon and has stayed pretty consistent in the low/mid 27XX area throughout the rest of today...

I look at the price chart and I see the standard churning effected by the directors who are more than happy to grab an immeditate 7.5% (the 10% penalty less 2.5% redistributed to holders in reflections) cash profit before reissuing those same tokens at a slightly higher price. There are a couple of instances whereby the Safemoon directors saw particularly large purchase orders and thus jacked the price up to/around $0.0000028.

So yes, you are correct, there is nothing substantial to report.

23-07-2021 17:10
(3314)
Xadoman wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Nothing special to report today

We already got it.

Apparently not, since you are still HODLing instead of dumping, licking your wounds, and moving on from being scammed.

Xadoman wrote:
When the price goes down then you are going to report every little move but if it goes up then " there is nothing to report ".

Your passion for HODLing onto Safemoon is getting in the way of your English reading comprehension skills.

I didn't say "there is nothing to report". In fact, I gave the same report that I always do. I, rather, said that there is nothing special to report, as the activity during yesterday's afternoon hours wasn't anything special in my opinion... Safemoon's price held in the low/mid 27XX area and I observed the typical one or two time interval "mini spike up" to "mini spike back down" activity that has been noted and analyzed multiple times already.

I made specific mention to the recent upswing in price multiple times, and some analysis was provided with regard to it. You can go back through this thread and see for yourself. I typically do an early morning report (covering the prior evening's activity), a mid-day report (covering the morning's activity), and a late afternoon report (covering the afternoon's activity).

Xadoman wrote:
I want to see what you are going to say when the price goes 10X

We haven't even see 2X yet, so you're getting way ahead of yourself, but if it does, then I will gladly eat crow for my "FUD". Let's just say that I'm not going to be wasting any of my time preparing a crow eating speech...

Edited on 23-07-2021 17:11
23-07-2021 17:23
(3314)
PRICE ACTIVITY REPORT:

Still more of the same... nothing exciting to report...

Safemoon has been holding steady in the low/mid 27XX area (since mid-day Thursday) with some "mini-spikes" on occasion, up towards $0.0000028 and then back down to the low/mid 27XXs again, of which has already been analyzed and discussed.
23-07-2021 18:04
(14406)
Xadoman wrote:I want to see what you are going to say when the price goes 10X

The golden silence will come, that is certain. All pyramids collapse. It's just that the Safemoon pyramid has an eject pod for the directors that will have them land safely with all the cash on a resort in Mexico where the señoritas serve the margaritas and the tequila shots against a beautiful sunset.

You will be silent. I will be silent. The Safemoon ex-directors will be silent. The silence will be deafening and you won't have the cash to buy any earplugs.

As far as the price going to 10X ... I notice that you have slashed your target from 1000X and even from 100X. At the moment, you are walking tall at 0.143X, up from 0.13X. Oooops, you just nudged down slightly to 0.1426X

Xadoman, when are you expecting this 10X jump to occur? In a month? Tomorrow? Surely you must have some expectation ... or do you honestly not have any expectations at all?

Just to make it official, I am once again urging you to sell, especially while the Safemoon directors have the price artifically higher. Treat yourself to a dinner at McDonald's on the few extra dollars you will have saved. There is no shame in cutting your losses. To the contrary, it is a sign of intelligence.

24-07-2021 13:08
(3314)
This has been noted and analyzed before, but I will highlight yet another example of it... Early in the wee hours of the morning, there was a huge crash in price over a few time intervals (from mid 27XXs down to 2600) coupled with a corresponding spike in price over the subsequent few time intervals (back up to mid 27XXs). Not that we need any more evidence of "price" manipulation by the scammers directors, BUUUUUUT there ya have it.

Additionally, to ruffle Xadoman's feathers, I will make note that the price of Scammoon seems to be slowly dropping again. I'll keep a close eye on this.
25-07-2021 14:28
(3314)
PRICE ACTIVITY REPORT:

Much of Saturday was spent in the mid/upper 26XX range. Additionally, the typical price manipulation activity was observed (currently, that would be 28XX in the high-end inflated "value" and 26XX in the low-end "real" "value").

Current "value": $0.000002716
26-07-2021 17:00
(3314)
Okay, so I missed some activity yesterday.

Sunday (late night), Safemoon climbed into the upper 28XXs, then "peaked" at '3032', then hung around 29XX for a few hours before falling back down to the mid 27XXs, the high end of where it seems to have found a new home as of lately.

Xadoman must be thrilled to see a '3' appear again for a few minutes...
Edited on 26-07-2021 17:01
26-07-2021 17:11
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I trade on plus 500 and safemoon is not listed.I bought NEO a week ago and it just closed on me and I made AUD$265.96 so I get where Xadoman is going but it is very much like looking safemoon is like a Ponzi scheme.As much as I hate to admit it IBDM knew his stuff
26-07-2021 19:46
(3314)
duncan61 wrote:
I trade on plus 500 and safemoon is not listed.I bought NEO a week ago and it just closed on me and I made AUD$265.96 so I get where Xadoman is going but it is very much like looking safemoon is like a Ponzi scheme.As much as I hate to admit it IBDM knew his stuff

IBDM tends to know his stuff.

Safemoon is not a ponzi scheme though; it is a pyramid scheme. There ARE some differences between the two schemes, most notably how pyramid schemes will involve some sort of "payment" to current victims if they can successfully recruit new victims into the fold. In Safemoon, this "payment" is commonly referred to as "reflections".

Pyramid schemes also require exponential growth (of new victims) in order to remain standing, which is why they collapse much faster than ponzi schemes do.

27-07-2021 07:10
(14406)

gfm7175 wrote:There ARE some differences between the two schemes, most notably how pyramid schemes will involve some sort of "payment" to current victims if they can successfully recruit new victims into the fold. In Safemoon, this "payment" is commonly referred to as "reflections".

Correct. The HODLers work overtime to bring in new victims who they expect will cash out from disappointment when Safemoon doesn't live up to the hype and voila! ... instant reflections to be shared. The directors, however, reap the full amount paid in by the new victims upon them buying in.

However the reflection gains made by the HODLers is totally insufficient to overcome the radical price drop of the token itself, i.e. they just keep losing money.

Once new people stop buying in, and HODLers stop receiving reflections ... look for the directors to eject and to abandon the project ... before the HODLers start trying to cash out. The directors want to safely parachute into Mexico with all the cash. They don't want to have to give any of it back.

27-07-2021 07:25
(14406)

gfm7175 wrote:Sunday (late night), Safemoon climbed into the upper 28XXs, then "peaked" at '3032', then hung around 29XX for a few hours before falling back down to the mid 27XXs, the high end of where it seems to have found a new home as of lately.

Something is going on but I can't put my finger on it. I'm certain, however, that it has something to do with shuttling tokens around through their multiple "liquidity pool" addresses to thwart any and all possible transparency into what they are doing.

gfm7175 wrote:Xadoman must be thrilled to see a '3' appear again for a few minutes...

That peak into 30XX occurred for only two (consecutive) intervals before dropping down to 2887. The directors needed to sell so they artifically jacked the price up a couple of hundred SPUs and then quickly dropped the price back down for any buying that they might wish to perform. I think you can see that the price spikes are typically for only one interval. Anyone trying to cash out will not be allowed to cash out at the price during the one interval that it spikes. Instead, the directors will wait until the subsequent interval where they will drop the price substantially ... and happily impose a 10% penalty.

27-07-2021 17:56
(14406)
Let's just remember this week (July 25 - July 31) and refer to it as "Funny-Business Week"

Something is going on and I believe it has something to do with the directors playing a nefarious "shell game" on the Binance Exchange by inappropriately shuttling tokens around through their various "Liquidity Pools."

As always with Safemoon, I suspect something insidious is occurring and I have to wonder if the directors are signalling that they are about to pull the plug. I know that they want to hold on for as long as they can and milk Safemoon for every penny but they know that there will come a point when even the HODLers will demand their money back ... so you can bet the directors will be looking favorably on any and all opportunities to jump the sinking ship, especially considering they have a lifeboat with all the cash.

Page 4 of 24<<<23456>>>

Join the debate Watching the Train Wreck in Slow Motion:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Perpetual Motion9311-03-2024 18:18
Perpetual Motion Isn't Possible12031-12-2023 13:00
LOL, this video is of a Bessler Wheel demonstrating a complete lack of perpetual motion011-12-2023 20:44
If Only Perpetual Motion Was Possible 424-10-2023 23:19
The EPA's ambitious plan to cut auto emissions to slow climate change runs into skepticism106-08-2023 20:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact