Remember me
▼ Content

volcanic effects on acid rain

volcanic effects on acid rain20-09-2020 23:33
andeep
☆☆☆☆☆
(20)
Does anyone know whether the effect of volcanic emissions on acid rain is well understood? Volcanoes usually emit sulfates in a large amount, but I want to know if the relationship between the type of volcano and the precipitation pattern is well understood.
21-09-2020 02:49
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
andeep wrote:
Does anyone know whether the effect of volcanic emissions on acid rain is well understood? Volcanoes usually emit sulfates in a large amount, but I want to know if the relationship between the type of volcano and the precipitation pattern is well understood.

I don't think the 'S' in LSD, stands for sulfates... But those preaching such nonsense must be on something.
21-09-2020 20:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
andeep wrote:

Rain is naturally acidic. As runoff flows down rivers to the sea, it becomes alkaline.

As far as damage to vegetation from 'acid rain' is concerned, be aware the Hawaii is a chain of active volcanoes, and they still erupt from time to time, yet the islands are filled with lush vegetation (at least where the molten lava didn't flow over it!).

The Pacific Northwest also has a chain of active volcanoes (remember Mt. St Helens?) that erupt from time to time (the last one was from Mt Baker venting steam and ash, which occurred last winter). Yet it too has thick forests and plenty of vegetation.

Besides, what you are going to do about it? Shut down the volcanoes??

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 21-09-2020 20:44
24-09-2020 03:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
andeep wrote:

To date, with the exception of solar radiation being blocked, little is understood about the emissions from a volcano. And if someone likes science, they know it takes time to understand such things.
06-02-2021 01:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
andeep wrote:

Google it silly
06-02-2021 01:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Swan wrote:Google it silly

... because Google is God ... or really just *a* god in the big-tech pantheon. Wikipedia is just Latin for "Oracle."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-02-2021 03:43
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
Apparently, we have 7 days, until a super-volcano event. Savior Buddha is pissed we aren't sending cryptocurrency fast enough (or at all). I think somebody here, might have wrote something offensive... (not-me). Hope he picks the west-coast. Mount St. Helens made a mess in several states, and Canada.
06-02-2021 15:30
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
andeep wrote:

It'd be the material in the mantle that helps to determine acid rain. This link should help. Kind of wondered why some have a significant pyroclastic flow and others don't. https://www.whoi.edu/fileserver.do?id=66143&pt=2&p=44371
06-02-2021 19:40
joseph369
☆☆☆☆☆
(8)
Many volcanos emit sulfur. The sulfur reacts with air and water to create sulfuric acid. When this rains down onto the earth it reacts with carbonate rock to form gypsum and carbon dioxide.

Join the debate volcanic effects on acid rain:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate change - effects, impact and solutions3417-08-2023 08:19
The Acid Test of Climate Change Mitigation12906-06-2023 23:50
Doctors to study possible long-term effects on patients that died from COVID-19428-08-2020 06:09
Will Warm Winters Balance Out The Effects Of Greenhouse Gases?1410-02-2020 18:23
SUV Submerged after days of heavy rain in Florida!415-06-2019 02:18
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact