Remember me
▼ Content

Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?

Page 22 of 28<<<2021222324>>>
10-06-2020 17:07
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:... babbling about Fourier...

No "greenhouse effect" equation presented.
10-06-2020 17:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
tmiddles wrote:Is there a "greenhouse equation" from Fourier? You had enough to claim there was a violation of science so let's start there.

No, the starting point is here:

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
(by the way, what point are we supposedly moving towards?)
If Fourier's "Greenhouse effect" violates the 1st LTD.

Please post here in this thread Fourier's greenhouse effect equation.

... and we are at this point:

IBdaMann wrote:Please post here in this thread Fourier's greenhouse effect equation.

... and gfm7175 would like to see it too.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-06-2020 19:34
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
... and gfm7175 would like to see it too.

Indeed I do. I am so intrigued by this "greenhouse effect" equation that I have now flown out of my nest from within the thickets and am now perched upon tmiddles' podium anxiously awaiting this equation to be presented (mimicking tmiddles' mantras for fun (like any good catbird would do) while I await his presentation).
11-06-2020 00:17
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...Fourier's greenhouse effect equation.

What is that IBD? I've never heard of it.

google search can't find it either
11-06-2020 00:23
(14407)
tmiddles wrote:

Great! So we can scratch everything you have ever mentioned about Global Warming, Greenhouse Effect and Climate Change to which you applied Fourier's name.

Thank you. That certainly eliminates a lot of boolsch't and leaves us a clear picture ... of the zero science you have supporting your religious faith.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 11-06-2020 00:24
11-06-2020 00:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Great! So we can scratch everything you have ever mentioned about Global Warming, Greenhouse Effect and Climate Change to which you applied Fourier's name.

Thank you. That certainly eliminates a lot of boolsch't and leaves us a clear picture ... of the zero science you have supporting your religious faith.

This is Fourier to Svante Arrhenius. https://www.co2.earth/1820-1930-fourier-to-arrhenius Just read the first 2 paragraphs.
And I think I know what Fourier didn't understand. Who knows, maybe I can prove he was right all these years later.
When Svante supported CO2, it's possible that people took it to mean that's what Fourier was proposing but it wasn't.
Myself, I would say that Venus is much hotter than the Earth for a reason other than CO2. It's atmospheric pressure disagrees with it's gravitational constant.
Pourquoi? Je ne sais pas. Je ne suis pas Francais. Il est vrais. Je suis un Americain de l'Etats Unis d'Amerique.
And for what I want to do, it might create more of a problem than it's worth when in time, it would be sorted out anyway.
11-06-2020 00:41
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:

Perfect.

So, we're done here?
11-06-2020 00:42
(3314)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

This is Fourier to Svante Arrhenius. https://www.co2.earth/1820-1930-fourier-to-arrhenius Just read the first 2 paragraphs.
And I think I know what Fourier didn't understand. Who knows, maybe I can prove he was right all these years later.
When Svante supported CO2, it's possible that people took it to mean that's what Fourier was proposing but it wasn't.
Myself, I would say that Venus is much hotter than the Earth for a reason other than CO2. It's atmospheric pressure disagrees with it's gravitational constant.
Pourquoi? Je ne sais pas. Je ne suis pas Francais. Il est vrais. Je suis un Americain de l'Etats Unis d'Amerique.
And for what I want to do, it might create more of a problem than it's worth when in time, it would be sorted out anyway.

That's not an equation either...
11-06-2020 01:12
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

What is that IBD? I've never heard of it....

IBD you said that the initial theory Fourier (who coined "Greenhouse effect") put forward violated science:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:1827 Fourier indicated...gases act as a thermal blanket, causing more heat to be retained in the atmosphere. (source)...Disagree?
Let's review your post:...3) Violations of science ... and claiming that it's the argument of a famous dead mathematician.

What followed in our discussion last year was only a discussion of if there was actually a higher mean temperature at all. Now that we are in agreement that there is I'd like to understand what you mean by "violations of science".

"Greenhouse equation" would seem to be an invented non sequitur. I don't know what that is if it's anything at all.
11-06-2020 01:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

What is that IBD? I've never heard of it....

IBD you said that the initial theory Fourier (who coined "Greenhouse effect") put forward violated science:

It does.
tmiddles wrote:
What followed in our discussion last year was only a discussion of if there was actually a higher mean temperature at all.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
tmiddles wrote:
Now that we are in agreement that there is I'd like to understand what you mean by "violations of science".

RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
"Greenhouse equation" would seem to be an invented non sequitur. I don't know what that is if it's anything at all.

...and therefore 'greenhouse effect' is undefined, along with 'climate change' and 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 11-06-2020 01:36
11-06-2020 01:37
(14407)
tmiddles wrote: IBD you said that the initial theory Fourier (who coined "Greenhouse effect") put forward violated science:

You brought Fourier's theory of Greenhouse Effect into the discussion but you did not bring Fourier.

At least write down Fourier's falsifiable Greenhosue Effect theory ... or state up front that Fourier had no science supporting his theory.

Obviously we can't move forward until you do.

11-06-2020 01:42
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
At least write down Fourier's falsifiable Greenhosue Effect theory
I did and I'll do it again (he was French of course so someone translated):
tmiddles wrote:1827 Fourier indicated...gases act as a thermal blanket, causing more heat to be retained in the atmosphere. (source)...Disagree?

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

It does.
ITN seems to understand that science is being violated somehow. 1st LTD ITN? Yes? Let's get into it.
Edited on 11-06-2020 01:44
11-06-2020 01:45
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
At least write down Fourier's falsifiable Greenhosue Effect theory
I did and I'll do it again (he was French of course so someone translated):

You dug poor Fourier out of his grave and claim that he can actually speak???? Or you claiming to speak for the dead now???

Mantra 20a2...4b...29... You cannot reduce entropy in any system. There is no Magick Blanket. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-06-2020 01:46
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
It does.
ITN seems to understand that science is being violated somehow. 1st LTD ITN? Yes? Let's get into it.[/quote]

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

11-06-2020 01:51
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:You cannot reduce entropy in any system.
How does the theory that the atmosphere retains some thermal energy, that it acts as insulation, mean entropy is being reduced?
11-06-2020 02:13
(14407)
tmiddles wrote:
How does the theory that the atmosphere retains some thermal energy, that it acts as insulation, mean entropy is being reduced?

... because the manner in which you are violating physics ceases to matter the moment you violate physics in any manner.

11-06-2020 02:20
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

... because the manner in which you are violating physics ceases to matter the moment you violate physics in any manner.
And in what manner are you claiming physics are being violated?
11-06-2020 06:19
(14407)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

We *JUST* went over this.

The idea that the atmosphere "retains" thermal energy denies Stefan-Boltzmann.

Spaghetti strainer.

11-06-2020 10:34
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

11-06-2020 10:34
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

11-06-2020 16:47
(3314)
**begin tmiddles mimicking**

NET FLOW!! NET FLOW!! NET FLOW!!

retain... trap... slow... stop... contain...

margin of error... tolerance... confidence level... THEY ALL MEAN THE SAME THING!!

ITN/IBD fraud EXPOSED!!!

31 days without a response...

**end tmiddles mimicking**

Seriously though... you've already forgotten about the whole spaghetti strainer discussion???
11-06-2020 17:46
(14407)
gfm7175 wrote: NET FLOW!! NET FLOW!! NET FLOW!!

We are about two months away from the one-year anniversary of tmiddles requirement to demonstrate thermal energy flowing from a cooler body to a warmer body as required to establish the flow from warmer to cooler as a NET FLOW.

We should have a party. I'm guessing tmiddles is planning an awesome demonstration for that day. It will glorious, for sure!

11-06-2020 21:18
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: NET FLOW!! NET FLOW!! NET FLOW!!

We are about two months away from the one-year anniversary of tmiddles requirement to demonstrate thermal energy flowing from a cooler body to a warmer body as required to establish the flow from warmer to cooler as a NET FLOW.

We should have a party. I'm guessing tmiddles is planning an awesome demonstration for that day. It will glorious, for sure!

I got my seed ready.
12-06-2020 02:50
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Correct me if I am wrong but the blanket effect of CO2 is because warmazombies think it is like the smog created by pollution and it hovers above the cities.I am sure the tiny amount of CO2 that is alledgedly creating warming is diluted in the air.Pictures of densly populated working class cities in Northern England show a thick blanket of smoke created because every household was burning crappy coal or peat to keep warm which they could bring home from work as digging coal was what they did or the steel mill towns burnt vast quantities to melt ore.If the wind stopped blowing which is rare a dense fog would hover.This is in the 30s to 60s.All that has ceased and Natural gas heats the people.I am a gas fitter and do not try to tell me burning gas creates excesses of CO2 compared to burning coal or wood.
12-06-2020 03:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Duncan,
You're right about gas being more efficient than wood or coal. The problem arises because there is so much more burning of fuel going on now rather than 50 or 100 or a 150 years ago. The CO2 production has increased greatly despite the efficiency.
12-06-2020 03:31
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Duncan,
You're right about gas being more efficient than wood or coal. The problem arises because there is so much more burning of fuel going on now rather than 50 or 100 or a 150 years ago. The CO2 production has increased greatly despite the efficiency.

It is not possible to measure the global CO2 production from any source.
CO2 has absolutely no capability to warm the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

12-06-2020 04:25
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
The idea that the atmosphere "retains" thermal energy denies Stefan-Boltzmann.
Are you saying that a sponge does not retain water?

Has anyone in the history of blankets every thought that a blanket, warmed from your body heat, would trap that energy forever?

Fourier was brilliantly on point for a guy making the observation in the early 1800s. The atmosphere does indeed retain thermal energy.

Are you really going to abandon this based on pretending that "retain" in this context means keep forever? Fourier didn't say that and I am setting you straight now.

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water.

IBdaMann wrote:... tmiddles requirement to demonstrate thermal energy flowing...
You have decided that radiance is not a form of thermal energy transfer IBD. The example awaits you as always: net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference
So what happens when the radiance from the walls of your room reach your skin IBD? ITN says "nothing"

duncan61 wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but the blanket effect of CO2 ...
Did you have a nightmare about CO2 or something Duncan? Because we aren't talking about CO2 specifically at all. In fact Fourier theory from 1824 long predates Tyndalls work with CO2 in 1859.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 12-06-2020 05:11
12-06-2020 05:48
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
duncan61 wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but the blanket effect of CO2 ...

Did you have a nightmare about CO2 or something Duncan? Because we aren't talking about CO2 specifically at all. In fact Fourier theory from 1824 long predates Tyndalls work with CO2 in 1859.

I am going to purchase a small cylinder of CO2 from Bunnings for $39.50 and cart it around with me at my CCLA meetings to see the reaction of the people.I have no fear of a trace gas so no nightmares going on here.My man of the moment Dr Don Eastbrook accepts that CO2 can affect the atmosphere its the amounts that are the issue.I know IBDM and ITN and possibly Catbird will jump all over me but for us realists it is the wildly exaggerated claims of destruction we are alledgedly doing thats got my interest piqued.
12-06-2020 06:48
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
https://www.co2.earth/1820-1930-fourier-to-arrhenius Just read the first 2 paragraphs.

I went to this link.Unbelieveable work of fiction.None of it works out and this is the crap we are supposed to believe.Its all theoretical.
12-06-2020 07:09
(14407)
tmiddles wrote: Are you saying that a sponge does not retain water?

You are WRONG! You cannot store water in a spaghetti strainer! You're a moron for thinking otherwise.

tmiddles wrote: Has anyone in the history of blankets every thought that a blanket, warmed from your body heat, would trap that energy forever?

You are WRONG! If you wrap a stone in a blanket, the stone's temperature never increases. You're a moron for thinking it does.

tmiddles wrote: Fourier was brilliantly on point for a guy making the observation in the early 1800s. The atmosphere does indeed retain thermal energy.

You are WRONG! Fourier did not make that observation. Do you know why there is no Fourier Greenhouse Effect equation? Come on, take a guess.

tmiddles wrote: Are you really going to abandon this based on pretending that "retain" in this context means keep forever?

Are you really going to claim that spaghetti strainers retain water? What a moron!

Oooops, I forgot ... You are WRONG!

tmiddles wrote: Fourier didn't say that and I am setting you straight now.

You can't set anybody straight when you are WRONG!

tmiddles wrote: A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water.

What a moron! I think I'll put this in my signature.

tmiddles wrote: You have decided that radiance is not a form of thermal energy transfer IBD.

You are WRONG! There was no decision involved and you don't know what my position is.

tmiddles wrote: So what happens when the radiance from the walls of your room reach your skin IBD? ITN says "nothing"

You are WRONG! Still waiting for your demonstration of thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer.

tmiddles wrote: In fact Fourier theory from 1824 long predates Tyndalls work with CO2 in 1859.

Aaahhh, the mystical and non-existent Fourier Greenhouse Effect theory. Too funny!

12-06-2020 14:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
https://www.co2.earth/1820-1930-fourier-to-arrhenius Just read the first 2 paragraphs.

I went to this link.Unbelieveable work of fiction.None of it works out and this is the crap we are supposed to believe.Its all theoretical.

It does not say that Fourier supported any specific idea as to why the Earth is warmer than it should be. Other people can suggest why but they are not Fourier.
Likewise, I did not say what I thought except for reading the first 2 paragraphs. Other than that, I stated no opinion. And yet you saw where both myself and Fourier supported something that someone else said associated with those first 2 paragraphs.
12-06-2020 15:20
(14407)
James___ wrote: It does not say that Fourier supported any specific idea as to why the Earth is warmer than it should be.

... and no scientist assumes the subjunctive, e.g. that there is some other temperature that the earth "should" be. There is no subjunctive in science, i.e. the earth is exactly the temperature it should be. There is no other temperature that it can be given its distance from its energy source.

Fourier never pulled any "should-a, would-a, could-a"s. That's not science.

James___ wrote: Other people can suggest why but they are not Fourier.

It was tmiddles believing everything he reads on the internet and thinking that by posting a picture of Fourier that he then assumes all the authority of Fourier ... and somehow gets to speak for Fourier.

tmiddles is a moron.

12-06-2020 16:38
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ........................ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I was going to tell IBDaMann to put this into his signature, but it appears that he's already on it... hahahahahahaha WOW...

I'd put it into my signature as well (if I did signatures).

So, when you turn the faucet down to a trickle, does the strainer still "retain" water?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Poor lil ipiddlemyself... that was one MASSIVE mental piddle there, good buddy...
Edited on 12-06-2020 16:40
12-06-2020 17:26
(14407)
gfm7175 wrote:I was going to tell IBDaMann to put this into his signature, but it appears that he's already on it... hahahahahahaha WOW...

Done!

12-06-2020 19:05
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I was going to tell IBDaMann to put this into his signature, but it appears that he's already on it... hahahahahahaha WOW...

Done!

ipiddlemyself is REALLY trying to outdo the others on this forum for "sig worthy comments"...

I think his brain is like a spaghetti strainer because information keeps flowing right out the bottom of it... He seems to think that he is "retaining" information because he is cramming it into his brain as fast as it can drain out. Derrrrr, the level of information is remaining the same, therefore information is being "retained". Derrrrr

It's been a long time since I've laughed this hard.
12-06-2020 19:43
(14407)
gfm7175 wrote:I think his brain is like a spaghetti strainer because information keeps flowing right out the bottom of it... He seems to think that he is "retaining" information because he is cramming it into his brain as fast as it can drain out. Derrrrr, the level of information is remaining the same, therefore information is being "retained". Derrrrr

It's been a long time since I've laughed this hard.

Once upon a time tmiddles bid on a contract to build a dam. Upon undercutting all other bids, he was awarded the contract to begin immediately. A few days later, tmiddles was seen running chain link fence across the river.'

"What's that for?" asked one of the city planners. "Is that to keep trespassers out of the work zone?"

"Nope" replied tmiddles. "It's to retain the water." I'm building a dam.

Attached image:

12-06-2020 20:05
(3314)
hahahahahahahahahahaha
Edited on 12-06-2020 20:06
13-06-2020 00:38
(3979)
duncan61 wrote:...Dr Don Eastbrook accepts that CO2 can affect the atmosphere its the amounts that are the issue.
Yes I would agree that is the issue. SCALE EXAMPLE: I think radioactivity leaking from a reactor is dangerous. I have no doubt some radioactive particles from Fukushima made their way all the way to the beaches of California. And I'm even more convinced that anyone concerned about swimming at the Beach in CA after the Fukushima disaster was a moron.

duncan61 wrote:https://www.co2.earth/1820-1930-fourier-to-arrhenius Just read the first 2 paragraphs.

PARAGRAPH 1 is Fourier:
"In the 1820s in France, Jean Fourier was investigating the behaviour of heat when his calculations revealed that the earth should not be as warm as it is. That is, the earth is too small and too far from the sun for it to be as warm and livable as it is. On its own, solar radiation is not enough. So what was warming the earth? As he pondered this question he came up with some suggestions. Among them is the idea that heat energy from the sun penetrates the earth's atmosphere, and that some was not escaping back into space. The warmed air, he suspected, must be acting as a kind of insulating blanket. He had described what now is commonly known as the Greenhouse Effect. Fourier was the first to do so."

PARAGRAPH 2 is not. It describes theories afterwards:
"In the 1820s, Fourier did not have the technology to make the measurements needed to explore his hypothesis. Decades later, the Victoria natural historian, John Tyndall, brought a fresh perspective to Fourier's question and suggestion. As an avid mountain climber, Tyndall observed evidence of climate-induced changes in ice caps, and he conducted experiments to measure the heat trapping propertities. This led to his discovery that water vapour and carbon dioxied are good at trapping heat."

duncan61 wrote:None of it works out and this is the crap we are supposed to believe.
Because ______ and the ___________ does __________?

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: Are you saying that a sponge does not retain water?

You are WRONG! You cannot store water in a spaghetti strainer! You're a moron for thinking otherwise.
We don't actually disagree on this point so if it's your excuse to exit the debate, again, that's all it is, an excuse. Thermal energy is not permanently stored, permanently trapped, or anything like that in the atmosphere. Fourier didn't believe that and neither do I. It is there though, before it leaves to be replaced by new thermal energy which will also be there.

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: You have decided that radiance is not a form of thermal energy transfer IBD.
You are WRONG! There was no decision involved and you don't know what my position is....Still waiting for your demonstration of thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer.
I'll answer you in the appropriate thread here:my response

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
13-06-2020 04:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: It does not say that Fourier supported any specific idea as to why the Earth is warmer than it should be.

... and no scientist assumes the subjunctive, e.g. that there is some other temperature that the earth "should" be. There is no subjunctive in science, i.e. the earth is exactly the temperature it should be. There is no other temperature that it can be given its distance from its energy source.

Fourier never pulled any "should-a, would-a, could-a"s. That's not science.

James___ wrote: Other people can suggest why but they are not Fourier.

It was tmiddles believing everything he reads on the internet and thinking that by posting a picture of Fourier that he then assumes all the authority of Fourier ... and somehow gets to speak for Fourier.

tmiddles is a moron.

There's a lot that I don't think that they're stating what they mean. An example is that some parts of the Moon is over 200º F. If that's the surface material then that is not it's atmospheric temperature. And then they would be ignoring that surface material might actually be conserving that energy and not really radiating it.
Those are 2 different things. This is what I mean as far as the heat not radiating very much. https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/52012/how-walk-across-hot-coals
13-06-2020 05:22
(14407)
James___ wrote: There's a lot that I don't think that they're stating what they mean. An example is that some parts of the Moon is over 200º F.

Sure. The daytime side of the moon and the side of the international space station facing the sun get up to about 240º F (120º C), well beyond the boiling point of water at one bar.

James___ wrote: If that's the surface material then that is not it's atmospheric temperature.

How much atmosphere do you think the moon has?

James___ wrote: And then they would be ignoring that surface material might actually be conserving that energy and not really radiating it.

To what lunar surface material do you believe Stefan-Boltzmann does not apply? Do you know why the nighttime side of the moon gets really cold?

Edited on 13-06-2020 05:24
Page 22 of 28<<<2021222324>>>

Join the debate Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?12919-12-2019 17:10
I don't believe CO2 makes air hotter because I don't see any experimental proof509-10-2019 03:15
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus8826-09-2019 05:49
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus and Mercury418-09-2019 22:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact