Remember me
▼ Content

Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?



Page 8 of 28<<<678910>>>
26-07-2019 20:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:Doctors say they're overworked.


We should just make it easier to be a doctor in the US. The AMA has a monopoly and restricts the supply to drive up the cost. That and fix the malpractice insurance situation.


Then there's this: https://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Fayette-Judge-Jazzercize-instructor-uses-tragedy-to-triumph-354044281.html

My sister died from Crohn's Disease. Doctors make more money from treating people than from resolving the problem.


Treating people IS resolving the problem where it can be resolved. Where it can't, it is mitigating the problem.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-07-2019 23:31
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3374)
James___ wrote:
My sister died from Crohn's Disease.


So sorry James. Yes there is a financial incentive to keep conditions chronic,


27-07-2019 01:12
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2396)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:Anytime you are spending someone else's money it'll go badly.

Other people's money. OPM.

The best economies in the world are based on OPM, hence the term with its own acronym. Where there is prosperity you have OPM. You are a Marxist so you think prosperity is a bad thing.

Take a look at all the people with jobs. Those jobs exist because of OPM. I bet they don't think it went badly.


You don't get rich, by spending your own money...
You don't get out of debt, by borrowing money...
27-07-2019 01:40
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2396)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:Doctors say they're overworked.


We should just make it easier to be a doctor in the US. The AMA has a monopoly and restricts the supply to drive up the cost. That and fix the malpractice insurance situation.


Then there's this: https://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Fayette-Judge-Jazzercize-instructor-uses-tragedy-to-triumph-354044281.html

My sister died from Crohn's Disease. Doctors make more money from treating people than from resolving the problem.


Doctors charge as much as people (insurance companies) are willing to pay for their services. If Obama would have left things a lone, or reduced a little of the greed on the insurer/lawyer side, the cost would likely go down, since most people wouldn't pay those high costs, or least fewer would. It's supply and demand, you have to drop you prices, to attract customers. Cheap/free insurance, make a surplus of customers, they don't care about the total price, just their out of pocket price. Those without insurance are encouraged to buy in to it, because there is no way they can afford major medical procedures otherwise.

Doctors do the best they can, their license and reputation is at stake. They have a considerable investment in time and money, to get where they are, and too many people watching over them. Too many people think TV medicine is how it really works, and expect to fully recover, as if nothing was ever wrong. Then again, there are many who believe the TV preacher man, can put his hands on a crippled man, who will immediately jump out of his wheelchair, and do a dance on stage... Doctors don't actually heal anyone, you have to do that for yourself. They can easy your pain, remove some of the damage, assist your immune system, and a few other things to help you heal, and in the best possible way. You won't ever actually be perfect in every way, but you'll be in much better condition, than if you had gone it alone. Unfortunately, a lot of the work they do, turns out to be a waste of time, they can't always fix the root cause of the problem, diet, exercise, drinking, smoking... They can prescribe medication, and give very specific instructions on how and when to use them, but some people don't or won't. Some people seem to prefer death, or continual medical issues, rather than change their lifestyles, live healthier, or take meds.
27-07-2019 05:17
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3374)
HarveyH55 wrote:If Obama ...
Doctors ...have a considerable investment in time and money


The US government on the whole for the past 50 years gets credit for the state of the Medical Industrial Complex. You can't bargain with your life, usery laws are missing, and the US goverment will pay the "going rate" for a procedure so since it's the biggest customer the "going rate" is inflated. At least Obama and Hillary tried. It was already a disaster that got worse every year. Hopefully there will be an administration with some courage to tackle it again.

Last I heard is was $500,000 in student loan debt and $50,000 a year in malpractice insurance for a doctor.


27-07-2019 05:58
James___
★★★★★
(3161)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:Doctors say they're overworked.


We should just make it easier to be a doctor in the US. The AMA has a monopoly and restricts the supply to drive up the cost. That and fix the malpractice insurance situation.


Then there's this: https://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Fayette-Judge-Jazzercize-instructor-uses-tragedy-to-triumph-354044281.html

My sister died from Crohn's Disease. Doctors make more money from treating people than from resolving the problem.


Treating people IS resolving the problem where it can be resolved. Where it can't, it is mitigating the problem.


You got your definitions wrong. Healing someone resolves the issue. Treating them is managing the problem.
27-07-2019 06:18
James___
★★★★★
(3161)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:If Obama ...
Doctors ...have a considerable investment in time and money


The US government on the whole for the past 50 years gets credit for the state of the Medical Industrial Complex. You can't bargain with your life, usery laws are missing, and the US goverment will pay the "going rate" for a procedure so since it's the biggest customer the "going rate" is inflated. At least Obama and Hillary tried. It was already a disaster that got worse every year. Hopefully there will be an administration with some courage to tackle it again.

Last I heard is was $500,000 in student loan debt and $50,000 a year in malpractice insurance for a doctor.



The problem is a legal argument. My surgeon who is also a specialist used this legal argument in treating me. He doesn't know about the medical problem that I have. Did he learn anything in school? While he is a surgeon, he can't be expected to know anything. That would be making an assumption. The law does not allow for assumptions but only facts. We are a nation of laws.
Shifting goal posts here. If we prevent a problem and it either doesn't happen or is less of an issue, what facts would support that something worse might have happened. This is Harvey's argument. It's typical of most Americans.
I mean Kennedy would be booed today. He did say Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.
Today it's all about Reagonomics. 90% of the US can live off of what the top 10% spend. It's called Trickle Down Economics.
Edited on 27-07-2019 06:47
27-07-2019 07:19
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1783)
James___ wrote:
Today it's all about Reagonomics. 90% of the US can live off of what the top 10% spend. It's called Trickle Down Economics.


...and thank God the highest 10% of earners actually spend. Have you any clue how many jobs would be lost if they quit spending??!!


All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
27-07-2019 13:43
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3374)
James___ wrote:what facts would support that something worse might have happened.


Yes and there are plenty of facts today where we can look at how other countries are doing from infant mortality to bankruptcy due to medical bills.

If the US system is so great I wonder why the citizens of the UK wouldn't dream of switching to it?

"If you look at all healthcare spending, including treatment funded privately by individuals, the US spent 17.2% of its GDP on healthcare in 2016, compared with 9.7% in the UK. In pounds per head, that's £2,892 on healthcare for every person in the UK and £7,617 per person in the US. "Feb 6, 2018 BBC


27-07-2019 18:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:If Obama ...
Doctors ...have a considerable investment in time and money


The US government on the whole for the past 50 years gets credit for the state of the Medical Industrial Complex. You can't bargain with your life, usery laws are missing, and the US goverment will pay the "going rate" for a procedure so since it's the biggest customer the "going rate" is inflated. At least Obama and Hillary tried. It was already a disaster that got worse every year. Hopefully there will be an administration with some courage to tackle it again.

Last I heard is was $500,000 in student loan debt and $50,000 a year in malpractice insurance for a doctor.


Argument from randU fallacy. You are just making up numbers.

The medical industry wasn't having problems until HillaryCare showed up. ObamaCare only made it worse, much worse.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-07-2019 18:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:Doctors say they're overworked.


We should just make it easier to be a doctor in the US. The AMA has a monopoly and restricts the supply to drive up the cost. That and fix the malpractice insurance situation.


Then there's this: https://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Fayette-Judge-Jazzercize-instructor-uses-tragedy-to-triumph-354044281.html

My sister died from Crohn's Disease. Doctors make more money from treating people than from resolving the problem.


Treating people IS resolving the problem where it can be resolved. Where it can't, it is mitigating the problem.


You got your definitions wrong. Healing someone resolves the issue. Treating them is managing the problem.


Goalpost fallacy. You were talking about treating people, not healing people.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-07-2019 20:13
James___
★★★★★
(3161)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:what facts would support that something worse might have happened.


Yes and there are plenty of facts today where we can look at how other countries are doing from infant mortality to bankruptcy due to medical bills.

If the US system is so great I wonder why the citizens of the UK wouldn't dream of switching to it?

"If you look at all healthcare spending, including treatment funded privately by individuals, the US spent 17.2% of its GDP on healthcare in 2016, compared with 9.7% in the UK. In pounds per head, that's £2,892 on healthcare for every person in the UK and £7,617 per person in the US. "Feb 6, 2018 BBC



What many Americans ignore is that the US has one of the highest standards of living in the world. The issue isn't how good of a quality of life we have and what we need to do to sustain it. It's that we want more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

https://www.inc.com/eric-mack/the-exact-amount-of-money-it-takes-to-make-a-person-happy-just-got-an-update.html
27-07-2019 20:15
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2396)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:If Obama ...
Doctors ...have a considerable investment in time and money


The US government on the whole for the past 50 years gets credit for the state of the Medical Industrial Complex. You can't bargain with your life, usery laws are missing, and the US goverment will pay the "going rate" for a procedure so since it's the biggest customer the "going rate" is inflated. At least Obama and Hillary tried. It was already a disaster that got worse every year. Hopefully there will be an administration with some courage to tackle it again.

Last I heard is was $500,000 in student loan debt and $50,000 a year in malpractice insurance for a doctor.



The problem is a legal argument. My surgeon who is also a specialist used this legal argument in treating me. He doesn't know about the medical problem that I have. Did he learn anything in school? While he is a surgeon, he can't be expected to know anything. That would be making an assumption. The law does not allow for assumptions but only facts. We are a nation of laws.
Shifting goal posts here. If we prevent a problem and it either doesn't happen or is less of an issue, what facts would support that something worse might have happened. This is Harvey's argument. It's typical of most Americans.
I mean Kennedy would be booed today. He did say Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.
Today it's all about Reagonomics. 90% of the US can live off of what the top 10% spend. It's called Trickle Down Economics.


Medicine and Psychology are two separate fields... You surgeon was called in to perform a specific procedure, which is his specialty, and that you signed papers agreeing to. If he saw other issues, while he had you cut open, he wouldn't be allow to address those, and could be sued for doing so, even though it would mean you going back for additional surgeries at a later date, assuming you survived. Unless it's in your chart, or your other doctors we made aware, he wouldn't have any knowledge of your other problems. Most of you other problems, that aren't related to the procedure he was brought into perform, would be his concern, since you have other doctors dealing with them. He did the job he was hired to do, it was successful, and working as expected. Cancer is gone, bowels are functional. You wouldn't have survived 9 years, if it wasn't done well.

Capitalism works pretty well, until greedy politicians step in to steal a portion of the profits through taxes, apply laws, rules, regulations, restrictions, to control who makes the profits, usually themselves. They also tend to squash competition, and new companies, which usually makes stealing profits a little more difficult. Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.
27-07-2019 20:30
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1783)
James___ wrote:The issue isn't how good of a quality of life we have and what we need to do to sustain it. It's that we want more.


Yes, which in turn drive our goals higher, our achievements greater, our production bigger, and our products better. We are compensated for each of these with money, which we spend on quality of life.

Ain't America great again?!



All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
27-07-2019 20:51
James___
★★★★★
(3161)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:The issue isn't how good of a quality of life we have and what we need to do to sustain it. It's that we want more.


Yes, which in turn drive our goals higher, our achievements greater, our production bigger, and our products better. We are compensated for each of these with money, which we spend on quality of life.

Ain't America great again?!



I disagree with you.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2
27-07-2019 21:08
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1783)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:The issue isn't how good of a quality of life we have and what we need to do to sustain it. It's that we want more.


Yes, which in turn drive our goals higher, our achievements greater, our production bigger, and our products better. We are compensated for each of these with money, which we spend on quality of life.

Ain't America great again?!



I disagree with you.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


Then you have ambition issues which stem from deeper personal issues. I can't help you.


All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
27-07-2019 22:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7455)
tmiddles wrote:If the US system is so great I wonder why the citizens of the UK wouldn't dream of switching to it?

They would love to, but can't. You can only have the American exceptionalism by establishing it at inception, by defining in a Constitution that the government draws its authority from the people, not the other way around, i.e. the people live by permission of the government.

Not only do the people of the UK not enjoy even basic rights we Americans take for granted, like freedom of expression, but now they have to vote for Brexit in order to retain at least the appearance that they somehow have a say in who their representatives are. As it stands, they live under the rule of an unelected bureaucracy seated in another country that hates them and that does not answer to them.

Yes, they aspire to American exceptionalism and actively hope and pray to one day achieve it.

The U.S. has the best economy on the planet, bar none. Every other country on the planet actively aspires to achieve the American level of prosperity, with the obvious exceptions of those run by Marxists that are actively working to oppress their people into abject poverty and misery.

Your bonehead question would have been much better worded "Since the US system is so much better than the UK system, do you think the Brits will ever be able to achieve similar results?"

The answer is "probably not unless they scrap everything and start over." They tax television sets in the home for Pete's sake. They've got some serious deep-seeded issues with which to deal.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-07-2019 22:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:what facts would support that something worse might have happened.


Yes and there are plenty of facts today where we can look at how other countries are doing from infant mortality to bankruptcy due to medical bills.

If the US system is so great I wonder why the citizens of the UK wouldn't dream of switching to it?


But they do. When they can't get treatment in the UK, they come here, to the United States, if they can.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-07-2019 22:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:what facts would support that something worse might have happened.


Yes and there are plenty of facts today where we can look at how other countries are doing from infant mortality to bankruptcy due to medical bills.

If the US system is so great I wonder why the citizens of the UK wouldn't dream of switching to it?

"If you look at all healthcare spending, including treatment funded privately by individuals, the US spent 17.2% of its GDP on healthcare in 2016, compared with 9.7% in the UK. In pounds per head, that's £2,892 on healthcare for every person in the UK and £7,617 per person in the US. "Feb 6, 2018 BBC



What many Americans ignore is that the US has one of the highest standards of living in the world. The issue isn't how good of a quality of life we have and what we need to do to sustain it. It's that we want more.
...deleted Holy Links...


Nothing wrong with improving our living standards even more. Socialism ain't the way to do it.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-07-2019 22:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:The issue isn't how good of a quality of life we have and what we need to do to sustain it. It's that we want more.


Yes, which in turn drive our goals higher, our achievements greater, our production bigger, and our products better. We are compensated for each of these with money, which we spend on quality of life.

Ain't America great again?!



I disagree with you.

...deleted Holy Link about a so-called STEM crisis...


There is no crisis in high tech industries.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-07-2019 22:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7455)
GasGuzzler wrote:Then you have ambition issues which stem from deeper personal issues. I can't help you.

You hit that nail squarely on the head.



.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-07-2019 10:31
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3374)
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

How about the price on insulin?

Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.


28-07-2019 19:03
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2396)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

How about the price on insulin?

Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.


The president has no power at all, as we've seen numerous times these past two and a half years. Anything he does, or tries to do, can be challenge by the courts, congress, and stopped, delayed, or reversed. I'll agree that his leadership and people skills aren't very good.

How do you know Chinese grad students want to stay? Wouldn't be more likely they came here to learn, and take their education back to China, to share? China has good schools too, why come half way around the world? Every expensive, and difficult. They pay for their education, by taking it back home, and most are okay with that, little bit like 'spying' or stealing intellectual property. They don't generally steal secrets, we just hand it over, willingly. They don't keep it a secret though, they use the information anyway they please. A lot of the companies crying IP theft, sent their product over there, to be manufactured on the cheap, which they got. The Chinese just used the information to make copies, sometimes exactly the same, sometimes better, sometimes cheaper, whatever sells the best. Sort of how they make up the difference, for cheap labor. Actually quite fair, since those companies are robbing the American people of jobs, and hurting our economy, flooding the markets with cheap knock-offs. We wouldn't have half the cheap crap, if companies kept there products here to manufacture, where their secrets, would mostly be kept.
28-07-2019 20:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

He is not the king, dumbass.
tmiddles wrote:
How about the price on insulin?

How about it?
tmiddles wrote:
Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

Oxymoron. That isn't capitalism. Fascism isn't capitalism.
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.

Bigotry. Racism.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-07-2019 20:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

How about the price on insulin?

Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.


The president has no power at all, as we've seen numerous times these past two and a half years. Anything he does, or tries to do, can be challenge by the courts, congress, and stopped, delayed, or reversed. I'll agree that his leadership and people skills aren't very good.

Actually he does. See Article II of the Constitution of the United States.
The liberals can file all the court cases they like. They cannot change the Constitution by using the courts. No court has any authority over the Constitution.

His leadership and people skills are good enough to become a very successful real estate investor and developer. They are good enough to get him elected. They are good enough to successfully negotiate changes to NAFTA.

Don't sell the guy short.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-07-2019 20:30
James___
★★★★★
(3161)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

How about the price on insulin?

Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.


The president has no power at all, as we've seen numerous times these past two and a half years. Anything he does, or tries to do, can be challenge by the courts, congress, and stopped, delayed, or reversed. I'll agree that his leadership and people skills aren't very good.

Actually he does. See Article II of the Constitution of the United States.
The liberals can file all the court cases they like. They cannot change the Constitution by using the courts. No court has any authority over the Constitution.

His leadership and people skills are good enough to become a very successful real estate investor and developer. They are good enough to get him elected. They are good enough to successfully negotiate changes to NAFTA.

Don't sell the guy short.



And now he's gone after an African-American congressman and his district.
The media is now saying that he's relying on whites to support him because he's offending everyone else.
28-07-2019 20:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7455)
Into the Night wrote:His leadership and people skills are good enough to become a very successful real estate investor and developer. They are good enough to get him elected. They are good enough to successfully negotiate changes to NAFTA.

Don't sell the guy short.


Trump will actively engage, and listen to, people with whom he disagrees. He is not an intellectual coward.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-07-2019 20:32
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3374)
HarveyH55 wrote:

The president has no power at all, ...

How do you know Chinese grad students want to stay?


There are some asylum seekers and new lobbyist members of maralago who would both dispute the powerlessness of the president

So would I as I just paid an extra $1600 ilast month n Trump Tariffs on an import.

Some grad students would stay. Hopefully our immigration process doesnr torture them too badly.

I had a friend here who was an electrical engineer specializing in batteries for electric cars. After two years of torment and no green card they returned to Europe where they now work with our competitors.


28-07-2019 20:36
James___
★★★★★
(3161)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

How about the price on insulin?

Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.



And the article mentioned this which you ignored;
But leading trends in our higher education suggest that the U.S. is fast approaching a STEM crisis like no other---one that systematically benefits foreign countries and companies, at the expense of our own.


If Americans are the most productive people as GasGuzzler said, then why is it that immigrants seems to be doing all the hard work? That suggests that Americans have gotten soft and lazy. At the same time companies continue leaving the US. All Apple mfg. will be taking place in China and even Harvey prefers Chinese goods to those made in the US. He like many Americans likes to keep his money in his own pockets but not in the US.


got a question for tmiddles. What happens when other countries demand that we pay down the national debt? https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp
Edited on 28-07-2019 20:39
28-07-2019 20:37
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3374)
James___ wrote: he's relying on whites to support him because he's offending everyone else.


One group he's not offending are neonazis and the KKK. They just love him so much. He is the most rabid attack dog against his enemies so you know who ihs enemies aren't.

David Duke may be an enemy of the state but he's not on Trump's very long list of enemies.

James___ wrote:
then why is it that immigrants seems to be doing all the hard work?...

got a question for tmiddles. What happens when other countries demand that we pay down the national debt? https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp


Well we are immigrants. I guess you mean why do recent immigrants work harder?

Our abuse of having the US dollar as the global standard is pretty well documented. I guess the question of what if the world starts to mess with the United States is a little bit like asking somebody who works for the rich family up the street when they plan to start messing with that rich family. We're in this together. The US economy is vital to the world.



Edited on 28-07-2019 20:51
28-07-2019 21:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

How about the price on insulin?

Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.


The president has no power at all, as we've seen numerous times these past two and a half years. Anything he does, or tries to do, can be challenge by the courts, congress, and stopped, delayed, or reversed. I'll agree that his leadership and people skills aren't very good.

Actually he does. See Article II of the Constitution of the United States.
The liberals can file all the court cases they like. They cannot change the Constitution by using the courts. No court has any authority over the Constitution.

His leadership and people skills are good enough to become a very successful real estate investor and developer. They are good enough to get him elected. They are good enough to successfully negotiate changes to NAFTA.

Don't sell the guy short.



And now he's gone after an African-American congressman and his district.
The media is now saying that he's relying on whites to support him because he's offending everyone else.


And you believe the news media??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-07-2019 21:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

The president has no power at all, ...

How do you know Chinese grad students want to stay?


There are some asylum seekers and new lobbyist members of maralago who would both dispute the powerlessness of the president

So would I as I just paid an extra $1600 ilast month n Trump Tariffs on an import.

I don't believe you.
tmiddles wrote:
Some grad students would stay. Hopefully our immigration process doesnr torture them too badly.

Torture who?
tmiddles wrote:
I had a friend here who was an electrical engineer specializing in batteries for electric cars. After two years of torment and no green card they returned to Europe where they now work with our competitors.

So?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-07-2019 21:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

How about the price on insulin?

Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.



And the article mentioned this which you ignored;
But leading trends in our higher education suggest that the U.S. is fast approaching a STEM crisis like no other---one that systematically benefits foreign countries and companies, at the expense of our own.

There is no crisis in high tech.
James___ wrote:
If Americans are the most productive people as GasGuzzler said, then why is it that immigrants seems to be doing all the hard work?

They aren't.
James___ wrote:
That suggests that Americans have gotten soft and lazy.

No, it only suggests your own bigotry.
James___ wrote:
At the same time companies continue leaving the US.

Lie.
James___ wrote:
All Apple mfg. will be taking place in China

Lie. Apple is moving their manufacturing to Korea. Apple isn't the entire economy either.
James___ wrote:
and even Harvey prefers Chinese goods to those made in the US.

How do you know?
James___ wrote:
He like many Americans likes to keep his money in his own pockets but not in the US.

His own pockets are IN the US, dumbass.
James___ wrote:
got a question for tmiddles. What happens when other countries demand that we pay down the national debt? https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp

Nuthin.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-07-2019 21:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote: he's relying on whites to support him because he's offending everyone else.


One group he's not offending are neonazis and the KKK.

Is that why they are protesting Trump?
tmiddles wrote:
They just love him so much.

Is that why they are protesting Trump and his policies?
tmiddles wrote:
He is the most rabid attack dog against his enemies so you know who ihs enemies aren't.

Nah. He's just laughing at you.
tmiddles wrote:
David Duke may be an enemy of the state but he's not on Trump's very long list of enemies.

Lie.
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
then why is it that immigrants seems to be doing all the hard work?...

got a question for tmiddles. What happens when other countries demand that we pay down the national debt? https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp


Well we are immigrants.

Speak for yourself. You are the only one you can speak for. I, for instance, am native American.
tmiddles wrote:
I guess you mean why do recent immigrants work harder?

They don't.
tmiddles wrote:
Our abuse of having the US dollar as the global standard is pretty well documented.

People use the dollar for international trade by choice, dude.
tmiddles wrote:
I guess the question of what if the world starts to mess with the United States is a little bit like asking somebody who works for the rich family up the street when they plan to start messing with that rich family. We're in this together. The US economy is vital to the world.

First you say it isn't, they you say it is. Make your mind, dude.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-07-2019 22:04
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2396)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Another reason to hate Trump, he tries to remove some of these anti-capitalism policies, and the swamp-things are scared.


Well he did pay lip service to stopping the AT&T Time Warner merger but, well, it was either just lip service or he's weak.

How about the price on insulin?

Capitalism thrives when there is a strong regulator system preventing abuse.

James___ wrote:
I disagree with you.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#6bbdfd24f0a2


To quote that article: "The issue isn't whether our colleges ...are training ..Ph.D'sIt's whether enough of them are American students. "

Well what's so great about this country is we're 99% immigrants so we can and do attract the best and brightest. We just need to make it easy for the chinese grad students to stay.


The president has no power at all, as we've seen numerous times these past two and a half years. Anything he does, or tries to do, can be challenge by the courts, congress, and stopped, delayed, or reversed. I'll agree that his leadership and people skills aren't very good.

Actually he does. See Article II of the Constitution of the United States.
The liberals can file all the court cases they like. They cannot change the Constitution by using the courts. No court has any authority over the Constitution.

His leadership and people skills are good enough to become a very successful real estate investor and developer. They are good enough to get him elected. They are good enough to successfully negotiate changes to NAFTA.

Don't sell the guy short.


It's not Trump, it's mostly the democrats playing silly games. How many of Trump's executive orders went into effect, as written? Fortunately, congress would get the votes to over-ride a veto. The courts finally are going to reallocate some Pentagon money, to build border wall, something we needed 6 months ago... Pretty much anything to do with the southern border, has hit the democrat wall. Most of them are start to see the crisis, some still don't want to admit they did wrong though. I'd don't think Trump plays those kinds of games, he speaks what he thinks, and tries his best to deliver on any promise made, within reason. He probably won't try to send Hilary to prison, waste of time and money anymore. More important things to focus on. Still might come up, some serious stuff went into cleaning up her mess, which should be made public, so it does continue. Quite a few of the participants are still on the job as well.
28-07-2019 22:08
James___
★★★★★
(3161)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote: he's relying on whites to support him because he's offending everyone else.


One group he's not offending are neonazis and the KKK. They just love him so much. He is the most rabid attack dog against his enemies so you know who ihs enemies aren't.

David Duke may be an enemy of the state but he's not on Trump's very long list of enemies.

James___ wrote:
then why is it that immigrants seems to be doing all the hard work?...

got a question for tmiddles. What happens when other countries demand that we pay down the national debt? https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp


Well we are immigrants. I guess you mean why do recent immigrants work harder?

Our abuse of having the US dollar as the global standard is pretty well documented. I guess the question of what if the world starts to mess with the United States is a little bit like asking somebody who works for the rich family up the street when they plan to start messing with that rich family. We're in this together. The US economy is vital to the world.


As was said, why should Americans learn STEM subjects that keeps America running when immigrants can do that work? That's very discriminatory. And probably why Trump will get reelected. It's funny how you sound like one of his supporters.
What you might not understand is that as a disabled Veteran I have been told that I don't deserve a life in America unless I allow myself to be exploited.
Edited on 28-07-2019 22:57
28-07-2019 22:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13273)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote: he's relying on whites to support him because he's offending everyone else.


One group he's not offending are neonazis and the KKK. They just love him so much. He is the most rabid attack dog against his enemies so you know who ihs enemies aren't.

David Duke may be an enemy of the state but he's not on Trump's very long list of enemies.

James___ wrote:
then why is it that immigrants seems to be doing all the hard work?...

got a question for tmiddles. What happens when other countries demand that we pay down the national debt? https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp


Well we are immigrants. I guess you mean why do recent immigrants work harder?

Our abuse of having the US dollar as the global standard is pretty well documented. I guess the question of what if the world starts to mess with the United States is a little bit like asking somebody who works for the rich family up the street when they plan to start messing with that rich family. We're in this together. The US economy is vital to the world.


As was said, why should Americans learn STEM subjects that keeps America running when immigrants can do that work? That's very discriminatory. And probably why Trump will get reelected. It's funny how you sound like one of his supporters.

Are you actually suggesting that Americans aren't working in high tech???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-07-2019 02:08
James___
★★★★★
(3161)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote: he's relying on whites to support him because he's offending everyone else.


One group he's not offending are neonazis and the KKK. They just love him so much. He is the most rabid attack dog against his enemies so you know who ihs enemies aren't.

David Duke may be an enemy of the state but he's not on Trump's very long list of enemies.

James___ wrote:
then why is it that immigrants seems to be doing all the hard work?...

got a question for tmiddles. What happens when other countries demand that we pay down the national debt? https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp


Well we are immigrants. I guess you mean why do recent immigrants work harder?

Our abuse of having the US dollar as the global standard is pretty well documented. I guess the question of what if the world starts to mess with the United States is a little bit like asking somebody who works for the rich family up the street when they plan to start messing with that rich family. We're in this together. The US economy is vital to the world.


As was said, why should Americans learn STEM subjects that keeps America running when immigrants can do that work? That's very discriminatory. And probably why Trump will get reelected. It's funny how you sound like one of his supporters.

Are you actually suggesting that Americans aren't working in high tech???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


You don't get it ITN. What you'd like to see happen might.
I read where the people at Jamestown just killed Indians when they wanted their land for growing tobacco. It takes arable land to grow agricultural products.
You forget that I wouldn't mind seeing Pocahontas' remains returned to her people. The catch is that the Powhatan tribe really doesn't exist anymore.
That is the funny aspect about society, most highly placed people in the tech field are either immigrants or their children. This kind of means that one day they'll probably influence American politics.
They'll have the money to support political campaigns. In some ways Trump might be offending the Hi Tech community by going after minorities.
Yet if all those young people decided to help their own countries, where would that leave the US? The issue of immigration is a bitch.
29-07-2019 02:43
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3374)
HarveyH55 wrote:
. How many of Trump's executive orders went into effect, as written? .


Republicans had both houses and a president. Can't blame democrats.


29-07-2019 02:47
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3374)
James___ wrote:
As was said, why should Americans learn STEM subjects that keeps America running when immigrants can do that work?


We are immigrants! The whole country.

Americans can be accused of a lot. Workaholic nation being one, but you can't imply lazy too
Mutually exclusive

And you should allow yourself to be exploited and paid adequately for it. That's just any job.


Page 8 of 28<<<678910>>>





Join the debate Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?12919-12-2019 17:10
I don't believe CO2 makes air hotter because I don't see any experimental proof509-10-2019 03:15
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus8826-09-2019 05:49
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus and Mercury418-09-2019 22:37
There is no evidence water vapor makes things hotter018-09-2019 21:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact