Remember me
▼ Content

Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?

Page 7 of 28<<<56789>>>
24-07-2019 17:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
tmiddles wrote: You could say there are still fires and sure there are. But I count MOSTLY as a win because the world is never pure and perfect.

So it's MOSTLY a win and SOMEWHAT a loss because the world is never pure and perfect. Got it. That clears that up.

tmiddles wrote: [CO2 is] causing ZERO real issues today.

tmiddles wrote: I'm with you in agreeing it's serious and we need to be careful, and fight those who want to perpetuate ignorance of the issue like Trump.

Could you explain your apparent contradictory position on this or is this just your need to show how you have been manipulated by others?

tmiddles wrote: Also no upside to feeding trolls, waste of my time too as I have to scroll through the dead space on the board to figure out where you have a post where you're not wasting your time.

Absolutely! You can't be bothering with differing viewpoints. Why, that would back you into, God forbid, a conversation, and you would have to think for yourself, you would have to define your terms, you would have to explain the science you claim supports your opinions, etc. We can't have that now can we.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2019 23:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
The resistance is an evolutionary change in the DNA of the bacteria. That change wasn't always there. True, some bacteria are more resistant than others but that is not what is meant by the "development of bacterial resistance" in a literal sense.

Often wrong, never in doubt (applies to everyone, including myself).

I had one of those infections. It wasn't caused by medicine but my surgeon. I actually had what might've been the most serious one. I found the source in imaging while my surgeon thought my tail bone was the source. If you need a clue, if the surgeon cuts something that he shouldn't, then bodily fluids mix that should never be allowed to mix.
I had a nurse tell me that infections like mine are becoming more common and surgeons are probably in a rush to get to the next patient. Time is money.
25-07-2019 00:10
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
James___ wrote:infections ... by ... surgeon.

So purely ironic.
25-07-2019 01:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:

So purely ironic.

Nothing ironic about it. If surgeons are careless then bodily fluids that don't belong in your abdominal cavity are in it.
I worked with a gal who hit 103° F. They flushed her abdominal cavity.
It took a month for my body's immune system to give in. If I didn't have home health nursing I'd be dead today. They don't tell you that you can be freezing to death literally with a fever that will kill you.
As it turns out the body will start shutting itself down. Can you believe that?
25-07-2019 01:42
(3979)
James___ wrote:
Nothing ironic about it.

IRONY
an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects

I suppose being hit by a speeding Ambulance might be more perfect an example
25-07-2019 01:46
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
The resistance is an evolutionary change in the DNA of the bacteria. That change wasn't always there. True, some bacteria are more resistant than others but that is not what is meant by the "development of bacterial resistance" in a literal sense.

I had one of those infections. It wasn't caused by medicine but my surgeon. I actually had what might've been the most serious one. I found the source in imaging while my surgeon thought my tail bone was the source. If you need a clue, if the surgeon cuts something that he shouldn't, then bodily fluids mix that should never be allowed to mix.
I had a nurse tell me that infections like mine are becoming more common and surgeons are probably in a rush to get to the next patient. Time is money.

You really don't understand medicine at all, do you? Surgeons cut a lot of stuff they shouldn't, can't be help, to get at the problem. The skill, is in keeping the major damage to a minimum. Your skin is your most effective barrier to infection, the mucus membrane covered openings, like your mouth, nose, and eyes are vulnerabilities. Any cut or scrap, is an unprotected breach in your defenses. We wash our hands frequently, and avoid touching open or vulnerable areas, to reduce the chance of infections. All surgeries, usually include a course of antibiotics, as a preventative measure, they were never 100% effective. They work with your immune system, not as a replacement. Some people's immune system is slow to respond, or give a weak response. There are risk to any surgical procedure, read the release papers you signed. Not everyone is built exactly the same, or respond the same to treatment. That's why during your after care, they frequently (several times a day), take your vitals, and take samples, looking for changes, that indicate your body is either accepting their work, or there is a problem growing. It's risky business, you never know the results, until you go through it. Not everything is the doctors fault, or a mistake. They can't know how you are going to respond. You never know if you are allergic to something, until you are exposed to it. Medicines aren't that specific, they don't kill the bacteria, just weaken them, so you own immune system can finish the job. It's a weak poison, that has minimal effect on healthy tissue, in lower concentrations. They start with the minimal dose, to see how you respond, and if it's going to do the job, adjust if needed, stop it, if you have a bad reaction, and try something else. Not sure if there are new, super bugs evolving, or these bugs always existed, just had more competition. Better sanitation, and antibiotics, gets rid of most of the weaker ones. Check the label on any cleaning product, none claim to kill 100% bacteria, most probably don't even live up to their claims either, if used as directed...
25-07-2019 01:52
(3979)
Edited on 25-07-2019 02:00
25-07-2019 01:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:

I don't believe you.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-07-2019 01:59
(21559)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

So purely ironic.

Nothing ironic about it. If surgeons are careless then bodily fluids that don't belong in your abdominal cavity are in it.
I worked with a gal who hit 103° F. They flushed her abdominal cavity.
It took a month for my body's immune system to give in. If I didn't have home health nursing I'd be dead today. They don't tell you that you can be freezing to death literally with a fever that will kill you.
As it turns out the body will start shutting itself down. Can you believe that?

No.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-07-2019 02:00
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:

You really don't understand medicine at all, do you? Surgeons cut a lot of stuff they shouldn't, can't be help, to get at the problem. The skill, is in keeping the major damage to a minimum. Your skin is your most effective barrier to infection, the mucus membrane covered openings, like your mouth, nose, and eyes are vulnerabilities. Any cut or scrap, is an unprotected breach in your defenses. We wash our hands frequently, and avoid touching open or vulnerable areas, to reduce the chance of infections. All surgeries, usually include a course of antibiotics, as a preventative measure, they were never 100% effective. They work with your immune system, not as a replacement. Some people's immune system is slow to respond, or give a weak response. There are risk to any surgical procedure, read the release papers you signed. Not everyone is built exactly the same, or respond the same to treatment. That's why during your after care, they frequently (several times a day), take your vitals, and take samples, looking for changes, that indicate your body is either accepting their work, or there is a problem growing. It's risky business, you never know the results, until you go through it. Not everything is the doctors fault, or a mistake. They can't know how you are going to respond. You never know if you are allergic to something, until you are exposed to it. Medicines aren't that specific, they don't kill the bacteria, just weaken them, so you own immune system can finish the job. It's a weak poison, that has minimal effect on healthy tissue, in lower concentrations. They start with the minimal dose, to see how you respond, and if it's going to do the job, adjust if needed, stop it, if you have a bad reaction, and try something else. Not sure if there are new, super bugs evolving, or these bugs always existed, just had more competition. Better sanitation, and antibiotics, gets rid of most of the weaker ones. Check the label on any cleaning product, none claim to kill 100% bacteria, most probably don't even live up to their claims either, if used as directed...

James is making shit up to whine about, as usual.

The Parrot Killer

25-07-2019 02:00
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:Medicines aren't that specific, they don't kill the bacteria, just weaken them,

Yeah I'm not a doctor at all true true
it's amazing that surgery works as well as it does.

My grandfather died in an elective prostate surgery that supposed to be very safe.
25-07-2019 02:11
(5193)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Medicines aren't that specific, they don't kill the bacteria, just weaken them,

Yeah I'm not a doctor at all true true
it's amazing that surgery works as well as it does.

My grandfather died in an elective prostate surgery that supposed to be very safe.

Sorry to hear that. Doctors are people too, some make mistake, are aren't that good, but the vast majority do a fantastic job. Doctors don't actual heal any one, the can only help your body to heal itself. Doesn't always go as expected though, even when they did everything right, stuff that worked perfectly for many other patients. No two people are exactly alike, always some subtle variations, sometimes not so subtle.
25-07-2019 02:15
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:Doctors are people too, some make mistake,

Yeah I feel confident they are almost all well qualified and trying their best. I don't think with my grandfather there was any glaring error. A friend of mine had a hip surgery take the life of her father because they drilled through the pelvis into his stomach, but that sort of thing is rare I hope.

Modern medicine on the whole is absolutely amazing and we have the lack of death as proof of it.
25-07-2019 03:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:

You guys are alright. US health care is 33% more expensive than the next country in the world while it ranks with 3rd world countries.
And that's what makes America the greatest country in the world.
Ya'all will hate me for that because the US incarceration rate also ranks with 3rd world countries.
At the same time we have a similar economy to Brazil. And I know, I should move to Brazil. Isn't that where Tom Brad's wife is from? I doubt you guys would want to be seen with a Brazilian but thanks for the suggestion

Doctors are in it for the money. A lady where I live almost died because doctors didn't want to help her. Today she is a judge because she Thanks Jesus and not doctors for her being alive today.
By the way, no doctor sexually assaults patients and priests do not molest kids. We know this is true because doctors and priests care about who they put their hands on. And if they didn't care, would they be wanting to touch base with them in any manner?
Of course not. Why none should ever be charged with a crime.
After all, it's a simple misunderstanding when a student is feeling the inside of a woman's vagina when she does not know the student.
Kids have to learn, right? Why should the other person know?
Doctors support that.
Edited on 25-07-2019 04:05
25-07-2019 04:03
(21559)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:

You guys are alright. US health care is 33% more expensive than the next country in the world while it ranks with 3rd world countries.

Lie.
James___ wrote:
And that's what makes America the greatest country in the world.
Ya'all will hate me for that because the US incarceration rate also ranks with 3rd world countries.

Lie.
James___ wrote:
At the same time we have a similar economy to Brazil. And I know, I should move to Brazil. Isn't that where Tom Brad's wife is from? I doubt you guys would want to be seen with a Brazilian but thanks for the suggestion

Fine. Go live in Brazil.

The Parrot Killer

25-07-2019 04:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
When someone inserts something into a woman's vagina without her explicit approval it is either rape or sexual assault unless you are a doctor.
Doctors have lobbied state legislatures for such permissions. They state that patients know what a pelvic exam encompasses and should not be required to explain it to the patient.
If you are not a doctor, it's a sexual assault. They don't care what their patients think about it.

[url] https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsieh/2018/05/14/pelvic-exams-on-anesthetized-women-without-consent-a-troubling-and-outdated-practice/[/url]
Edited on 25-07-2019 04:26
25-07-2019 05:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsieh/2018/05/14/pelvic-exams-on-anesthetized-women-without-consent-a-troubling-and-outdated-practice/[/quote]
25-07-2019 06:43
(3979)
James___ wrote:

FYI the president of Brazil is the scariest politician I've ever learned about. Compared to Bolsonaro, Trump actually looks like a human being.

Yeah if only the US could make a contribution to medicine!
I think we hold our own. But it is an issue in terms of usery and cost.

The Most Innovative Countries in Medicine

Research published by Country:

10-medical-inventions-of-all-time

OK so I was surprised. Very little from the US here.
Thermometer: Gabriel Fahrenheit Poland 1714
Stethescope: René Laënnec, France 1816
X-Ray: Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, German 1900
AntibioticsL: lfred Bertheim and Paul Ehrlich, German 1907
Hypodermic Needle: Charles Pravaz and Alexander Wood, French/Scottish 1850s
Spectacles: unknown, long ago
Cardiac Pacemaker: Mark C. Hill and physicist Edgar H. Booth, Australia 1926
CT Scanner and MRI: Dr. Godfrey Hounsfield, United Kindgom, 1979
Artificial Limbs: unknown.
Cardiac Defibrillation: Claude Beck, US, 1947
Edited on 25-07-2019 06:46
25-07-2019 12:37
(3979)
Edited on 25-07-2019 12:41
25-07-2019 12:41
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:But, did Venus ever support life, or could it,

Yeah the odds against our particular setup working are huge.

earth-is-a-1-in-700-quintillion-kind-of-place

Edited on 25-07-2019 12:42
25-07-2019 15:16
(14373)
tmiddles wrote: But it is an issue in terms of usery and cost.

It's an issue of cost.

Because you are a Marxist you are completely lost on issues of economics and should refrain from pretending to sound authoritative by tossing in words you don't fully understand, like "usury" which does not apply whatsoever in this case.

I'll help you out: The medical industry does not, for the most part, lend money.

tmiddles wrote:OK so I was surprised. Very little from the US here.

The US did not invent medicine or the concept of medical devices. The US simply makes all the best of them.

You, on the other hand, are a mindless Marxizombie who is required to virtue-signal to other Marxists by bashing on the US.

The US has the best healthcare in the world. Marxists are required to insist that the US is the worst.

The US is the most charitable country on the planet, well above the next five combined. Marxists are required to insist that the US is the "stingiest."

The US is a noble country that works with other countries to aid in their security and prosperity at their behest, even when the US knows they will be totally ungrateful. Marxists are required to insist that the US is "imperialist," somehow conquering other countries and stripping them of their resources like a fleet of Klingon warships.

Marxists live to manipulate others, or live to be manipulated, through fear and dishonesty. This is why they simply adore Global Warming, a powerful tool that plays on scientific illiteracy in which fear and panic can be incited by way of being vague and unclear. If Marxists are called on their dishonesty, they refuse to discuss the matter and flee.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-07-2019 15:36
(14373)
tmiddles wrote:Yeah the odds against our particular setup working are huge.

Did it ever occur to you ask how this probability was computed?

It didn't, did it?

Can you imagine how a mathematician might find totally absurd the idea that we somehow know the number of possible states within the universe?

You can't, can you?

I'll help you out: To establish a probability, you first must establish the number of possible states. If you flip a coin, it has two possible states, i.e. heads and tails. Assuming neither possibility is weighted (i.e. there is no bias) then you conclude that each possible state has a one in two "probability" or 1/2 or 50%.

What is the number of possible states for ... what? ... a planet? ... a body?

Did you see in the article where the author defined "like earth"?

There's a reason you didn't.

25-07-2019 15:51
(3979)
tmiddles wrote:

Also the odds against the universe existing are huge as well.

25-07-2019 17:12
(14373)
tmiddles wrote:Also the odds against the universe existing are huge as well.

Under the category of "Marxists Always Get It Wrong" ...

... the probability of the universe existing is 100% certain.

25-07-2019 18:27
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: But it is an issue in terms of usery and cost.

It's an issue of cost.

Because you are a Marxist you are completely lost on issues of economics and should refrain from pretending to sound authoritative by tossing in words you don't fully understand, like "usury" which does not apply whatsoever in this case.

I'll help you out: The medical industry does not, for the most part, lend money.

It's actually an issue of economic activity.

Some healthcare is expensive. Some is pretty cheap. Cost varies quite a bit.

U.S. healthcare is based on those who are willing to invest their wealth in it. Like any investment, they expect to see a return in some form.

It takes investors to form hospitals, clinics, or even a single doctor that wants to hang up their own shingle.

The equipment they use is also built by many companies, each with their own investors. Some of them are large, like Phillips, that make medical instruments for everything from patient monitors (and the sensors for them) to AED packs. Others are small, like Tecon, which specializes in making catheters of various sizes. Each contributes its bit. A great introduction to the medical equipment industry can be seen each year at the RSNA trade show held in Chicago every year.

Each doctor, nurse, orderly, etc. simply do the jobs they've chosen to do as their career or to advance in their career. They do them because they want to. Nobody is forcing them to do so. They are in competition with each other. Because there so few doctors, and because their training is costly in time, money, and effort, they command a higher price.

Lab workers (the wonderful people that chemically analyze your urine to detect problems you might have, for example), operate rather invisibly, but are no less a part of that industry.

To say the medical industry is about cost is as silly as saying the automotive industry is about cost.

It's about economic activity. It's about each person in that industry trying to make a profit. Profit is NOT a dirty word.

Marxists think it is.

The Parrot Killer

25-07-2019 18:29
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:Yeah the odds against our particular setup working are huge.

Did it ever occur to you ask how this probability was computed?

It didn't, did it?

Can you imagine how a mathematician might find totally absurd the idea that we somehow know the number of possible states within the universe?

You can't, can you?

I'll help you out: To establish a probability, you first must establish the number of possible states. If you flip a coin, it has two possible states, i.e. heads and tails. Assuming neither possibility is weighted (i.e. there is no bias) then you conclude that each possible state has a one in two "probability" or 1/2 or 50%.

What is the number of possible states for ... what? ... a planet? ... a body?

Did you see in the article where the author defined "like earth"?

There's a reason you didn't.

Exactly. He is denying probability mathematics. This I expected at some point, since he also denies statistical mathematics.

Las Vegas can make a lot of money off a guy like him.

The Parrot Killer

25-07-2019 18:31
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Also the odds against the universe existing are huge as well.

Math error: failure to specify range. Failure to specify rand. Failure to specify initial.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 25-07-2019 18:32
26-07-2019 06:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

FYI the president of Brazil is the scariest politician I've ever learned about. Compared to Bolsonaro, Trump actually looks like a human being.

Yeah if only the US could make a contribution to medicine!
I think we hold our own. But it is an issue in terms of usery and cost.

The Most Innovative Countries in Medicine

Research published by Country:

10-medical-inventions-of-all-time

OK so I was surprised. Very little from the US here.
Thermometer: Gabriel Fahrenheit Poland 1714
Stethescope: René Laënnec, France 1816
X-Ray: Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, German 1900
AntibioticsL: lfred Bertheim and Paul Ehrlich, German 1907
Hypodermic Needle: Charles Pravaz and Alexander Wood, French/Scottish 1850s
Spectacles: unknown, long ago
Cardiac Pacemaker: Mark C. Hill and physicist Edgar H. Booth, Australia 1926
CT Scanner and MRI: Dr. Godfrey Hounsfield, United Kindgom, 1979
Artificial Limbs: unknown.
Cardiac Defibrillation: Claude Beck, US, 1947

Great Britain's health care costper capita is 60% of that of the US. They also have better quality of care and longer life expectancy. Published papers are what ITN and IBdaMann do. Just look at how much they've shared of their wit and wisdom with the world.
Too easy to pass up. One issue with the cost of health care in the US is that it makes it more expensive to export American made goods. Many other countries that have better health care spend less than 12% of that country's GDP on health care. In the US it is about 18% and growing.
The good news is that as the economy has grown since 2007
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/business/economy/wealth-inequality-study.html
26-07-2019 06:25
(3979)

Edited on 26-07-2019 06:58
26-07-2019 06:43
(14373)
IBDaMann wrote:The US has the best healthcare in the world. Marxists are required to insist that the US is the worst.

tmiddles wrote:The economics of US healthcare are the worst of socialism and the worst of capitalism combined.

When I'm right, I'm right.

IBDaMann wrote:You are a Marxist. You want the global economy to collapse. You think doing anything for a profit is wrong.

tmiddles wrote:All for profit with no limit on pricing, no usery laws, with guaranteed payment by the government as the biggest customer.

When I'm right, I'm right.

Note: there *are* usury laws; they just don't apply to selling goods and services. You are a Marxist and should refrain from embarrassing yourself by trying to engage in conversations involving economics.

tmiddles wrote:The US likes to assume we're #1 at everything when it's only most things,

You're a Marxist so you are compelled to pretend you speak for everyone else. You should realize that you only get to speak for yourself.

26-07-2019 06:59
(3979)
James___ wrote:
[Great Britain's health care costper capita is 60% of that of the US. [/url]

The economics of US healthcare are the worst of socialism and the worst of capitalism combined. All for profit with no limit on pricing, no usery laws, with guaranteed payment by the government as the biggest customer.

US healthcare technology is still great though.

It is interesting that the USSR is the greatest explorer of Venus and the US space program has a real rival there for most accomplished.

The US likes to assume we're #1 at everything when it's only most things,

26-07-2019 07:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

The economics of US healthcare are the worst of socialism and the worst of capitalism combined. All for profit with no limit on pricing, no usery laws, with guaranteed payment by the government as the biggest customer.

It is interesting that the USSR is the greatest explorer of Venus and the US space program has a real rival there for most accomplished.

Rome was #1. With health care, doctors and hospitals are allowed to claim ignorance. One problem in the US might be the obesity rate. It increases the risk for a lot of different problems.
Anymore I think AI needs to be used. Doctors say they're overworked. Can a doctor be expected to be aware of all of his patients concerns? Doubtful. AI would be able to assist them.
26-07-2019 07:23
(3979)
James___ wrote:Doctors say they're overworked.

We should just make it easier to be a doctor in the US. The AMA has a monopoly and restricts the supply to drive up the cost. That and fix the malpractice insurance situation.

26-07-2019 10:52
(5193)
Insurance has been the number one thing to drive up costs. People want to get some value, and over use it. Doctors and hospitals are guaranteed payment, though the insurance companies are reluctant to pay full price, so the bill is just raised accordingly, to give some negotiation room. At the end of the day, the insurers still pay, it's free money to them, they just wanted to protect profit. Those without insurance, get stuck with the same rates, which encourages more people to need the insurance.

Malpractice... Lawsuits should be limited to actual wrong doings, avoidable errors. Suing because your scar is a half inch longer than someone else's shouldn't be a case. If you went in for abdominal pain, wake up, and find out they amputated your foot, would be. Lawyers encourage people to sue for anything, since it's fairly easy money, since it's usually paid by an insurance company, and a doctor or hospital's reputation is harmed, if it goes to court, so a quick settlement usually reached. The lawyers either get paid to take the case, and the work they do, or get a portion of the damages awarded, even both. Even when a doctor does his best, everything went as well as could be expected, they still can get sued. It doesn't matter that the patient wouldn't have survived to sue, if the doctors hadn't been successful. Doesn't matter if the patient may not of survived, a priest may have had the same chance of saving a loved one. Some patients have unrealistic expectations, don't listen to their doctor's advice, or instructions.

Insurance, and essentially 'free' health care drives up costs, and over work the healthcare system. Too many people go to see a doctor for every cut and scrape, ache or pain, which they could have taken care of themselves. No incentive to make the determination if it serious enough to need professional care, it's just simpler, paid for already. Over-worked people make mistakes, also it makes it difficult for those who need immediate care, to get to see a doctor quickly. The countries with free or cheap healthcare, also have a long wait to see a doctor. Our VA hospitals give excellent care, one a vet gets all the paperwork filled out, and they wait their turn, which can be months.
26-07-2019 11:05
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Insurance, and essentially 'free' health care drives up costs,

Anytime you are spending someone else's money it'll go badly.

There is a huge difference between Vision, Dental and Cosmetic surgery on the one hand because they are usually out of pocket and therefore a pretty good deal and the rest of medicine here which is ridiculous.

For dental you might ask how much something is and there will be an insurance price and the cash price which is a fraction of that.

Best plan I've heard is to make sure the first dollars spent are by the patient. Deductible style. For those who can go out of pocket have an incentive for them to not spend or spend lest of the first money spent.

26-07-2019 12:53
(14373)
tmiddles wrote:Anytime you are spending someone else's money it'll go badly.

Other people's money. OPM.

The best economies in the world are based on OPM, hence the term with its own acronym. Where there is prosperity you have OPM. You are a Marxist so you think prosperity is a bad thing.

Take a look at all the people with jobs. Those jobs exist because of OPM. I bet they don't think it went badly.

26-07-2019 18:48
(21559)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

Rome was #1. With health care, doctors and hospitals are allowed to claim ignorance. One problem in the US might be the obesity rate. It increases the risk for a lot of different problems.
Anymore I think AI needs to be used. Doctors say they're overworked. Can a doctor be expected to be aware of all of his patients concerns? Doubtful. AI would be able to assist them.

Rome??? You mean that empire that stretched all the way into northern Europe?? There was no significant health care then! About the best you could hope for was that someone could successfully pull the arrow out without killing you in the process.

The Parrot Killer

26-07-2019 18:50
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:

We should just make it easier to be a doctor in the US. The AMA has a monopoly and restricts the supply to drive up the cost. That and fix the malpractice insurance situation.

The AMA doesn't sell anything. It doesn't have a monopoly on anything.

You don't 'fix' insurance. The price of insurance is set by price discovery, same as wages, a house, or a pack of bubble gum. I realize this is a very difficult concept for Marxists to grasp, since they deny capitalism as a workable system.

The Parrot Killer

26-07-2019 18:55
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Insurance, and essentially 'free' health care drives up costs,

Anytime you are spending someone else's money it'll go badly.

There is a huge difference between Vision, Dental and Cosmetic surgery on the one hand because they are usually out of pocket and therefore a pretty good deal and the rest of medicine here which is ridiculous.

You should let your brain surgeon know that.
tmiddles wrote:
For dental you might ask how much something is and there will be an insurance price and the cash price which is a fraction of that.
Hey, guess what? That's how it works in all branches of medicine! At least it used to, till ObamaCare came along....
tmiddles wrote:
Best plan I've heard is to make sure the first dollars spent are by the patient. Deductible style.
That's exactly what we used to have, until ObamaCare.
tmiddles wrote:
For those who can go out of pocket have an incentive for them to not spend or spend lest of the first money spent.

A valid argument, and one the insurance companies actually used, until ObamaCare.

The Parrot Killer

26-07-2019 19:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:

Then there's this: https://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Fayette-Judge-Jazzercize-instructor-uses-tragedy-to-triumph-354044281.html

My sister died from Crohn's Disease. Doctors make more money from treating people than from resolving the problem.
Page 7 of 28<<<56789>>>

Join the debate Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?12919-12-2019 17:10
I don't believe CO2 makes air hotter because I don't see any experimental proof509-10-2019 03:15
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus8826-09-2019 05:49
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus and Mercury418-09-2019 22:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact