Remember me
▼ Content

Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?

Page 6 of 28<<<45678>>>
23-07-2019 20:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
James___ wrote:Off topic but I got interested in the science aspect because I think carbon capture technology can be improved. People aren't into stuff like that.

You never got into science. You hate science. You are obsessed with some fantasy that you know interests no one, because it violates physics at every turn. But you are desperate for people to accept your strange fantasy because you view that as acceptance of you, of personal validation of you. So you endeavor to fool others into embracing your fantasy by claiming you use science ... and you hope your audience is scientifically illiterate so they won't poke holes in your fantasy.

Which brings us to your hatred for Into the Night and for me. We are annoying, aren't we? We immediately know when you are runnning counter to science and we point it out. How rude is that?

Why don't you run your "ideas" past tmiddles? He seems to be easily fooled by gibberbabble. He is your type of scientific illiterate. Go for it. He'll buy whatever you tell him.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-07-2019 20:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
cause/effect.
Actually, according to quantum theory, which has never been proven wrong, causes only cause probabilities. It isn't a deterministic universe, it' a probabilistic universe.
23-07-2019 20:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
keepit wrote:
cause/effect.
Actually, according to quantum theory, which has never been proven wrong, causes only cause probabilities. It isn't a deterministic universe, it' a probabilistic universe.

Quantum theory makes no such statement. It states only that matter and energy is based on quanta, or discrete states. That is all it says. There is nothing about probability at all.

Quantum mechanics does have theories that make use of probabilities, but cause is deterministic. The probability that a cause will happen at all is the only thing of discussion here.

I suggest you study probability math, along with statistical math and random number math; and that you study quantum physics again.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-07-2019 22:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Been there, done that.
Often wrong never in doubt.
23-07-2019 22:21
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Been there, done that.
Often wrong never in doubt.

Been where? Done what? What were you often wrong about? Why never in doubt if you are wrong?

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-07-2019 22:50
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
[ some will accept answers

And it is cool we have photos! I didn't know we'd landed on nonplanets too.

Off topic but I got interested in the science aspect because I think carbon capture technology can be improved. People aren't into stuff like that.

Have you heard of the Skeptical Environmentalist?
on of his books on amazon

It helps he's European so it makes him harder to demonize for the left (Oh how they wish he was from Florida!).

There's a cool documentary I saw on his work where he is saying there is plenty we can do because humanity is really good at solving problems. There can be no doubt about that.
Edited on 23-07-2019 22:51
23-07-2019 22:55
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
TMID
Just for the sake of argument, there are many examples of people causing problems rather than solving them.

Often wrong, never in doubt (refers to everybody, myself included).
Edited on 23-07-2019 22:56
23-07-2019 23:03
(3979)
keepit wrote:
TMID
Just for the sake of argument, there are many examples of people causing problems rather than solving them.

Often wrong, never in doubt (refers to everybody, myself included).

Ah yes! that is certainly true too!

Human's have caused massive problems throughout history and come up with solutions to their own problems as well as solved problems not of their makings.

I mean we largely defeated pandemics and plagues! That's amazing.

You should check out Bjørn Lomborg. He's worthy of his own thread. I see he has just a few mentions here:
Lomborg posts
23-07-2019 23:11
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
TMID,
I just looked up "The Skeptical Environmentalist" on wikipedia. It seems to me that you don't need to measure the environment, just account for the amount of fossil fuels being produced and also know that CO2 holds in the transfer of thermal energy from earth to outer space.
Knowing those 2 things is enough to alert me!

Often wrong, never in doubt (refers to everyone, including myself).
23-07-2019 23:14
(14406)
keepit wrote:
cause/effect.

Unfortunately, quantum mechanics is not science; it is merely mathematics ... statistics, in fact. You know this because when you want to know probabilities you turn to math, not science. Quantum mechanics is essentially statistics word problems applied to quantum nature. If the word problem involves something other than quantum nature then it is simply called statistics.

How can you tell? Well, as you astutely pointed out, quantum mechanics does not predict nature ergo it is not science. Quantum mechanics cannot be run through the scientific method because it is unfalsifiable, and both falsifiability and surviving the scientific method are required for science,

Math, on the other hand, allows whatever assumptions anyone wishes whether they hold true in nature or not.

Anyway, science will tell you how a coin behaves when it is flipped but math tells you that there is a 50% of it coming up "heads."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-07-2019 23:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The fight against plagues and pandemics goes on. Beware.
Antibiotics have caused resistance to increase. Some in the medical field think the situation is a disaster waiting to happen.
Edited on 23-07-2019 23:16
23-07-2019 23:19
(14406)
keepit wrote:
TMID,
I just looked up "The Skeptical Environmentalist" on wikipedia. It seems to me that you don't need to measure the environment, just account for the amount of fossil fuels being produced and also know that CO2 holds in the transfer of thermal energy from earth to outer space.

Often wrong, never in doubt (refers to everyone, including myself).

OK, you fooled me. You obviously were never serious about anything you posted.

Good one. Well done.

23-07-2019 23:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Just trying to be accurate.
Not at all trying to fool anyone.
Edited on 23-07-2019 23:21
23-07-2019 23:22
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Antibiotics have caused resistance to increase. Some in the medical field think the situation is a disaster waiting to happen.

So does the fight against wild animals on occasion but at a certain point you can call a battle won!

keepit wrote:...also know that CO2 holds in the transfer of thermal energy from earth to outer space.

Lomborg is a believer, as am I, that we can effectively put countermeasures in place to offset the impact of increased CO2 IF, """!!!"""IF""""!!!!"""" is becomes a serious problem. It may be REAL today but it is not a serious problem. There is no evidence of that. All the "Scary shit" is of the "writing on the wall" variety, as in it seems to indicate more to come yadda yadda

keepit wrote:
Just trying to be accurate.
Not at all trying to fool anyone.

And trolls should be ignored
Edited on 23-07-2019 23:23
23-07-2019 23:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I sure wouldn't call the fight against plagues and pandemics won! If that guy says it is, he's dead wrong.
23-07-2019 23:29
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
"fight against wild animal". I had a fight against a bat last week. The doggone thing almost killed me. He's gone now but i just hope i didn't get PTSD from. I fought an offensive fight against it with a towel to the point of almost having a heart attack. Then i fought a defensive style fight which was much much easier and finally won.
Right in the middle of the fight at 1:00 AM the lights went out for 7 hours. Try fighting a vampire bat through the night when there's no power.
24-07-2019 00:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

Off topic but I got interested in the science aspect because I think carbon capture technology can be improved. People aren't into stuff like that.

It helps he's European so it makes him harder to demonize for the left (Oh how they wish he was from Florida!).

There's a cool documentary I saw on his work where he is saying there is plenty we can do because humanity is really good at solving problems. There can be no doubt about that.

And at the moment forests in the southeast US are being clear cut for Carbon Neutral plants in Europe. They say it will take 50 years but then consider 25 years of growth will be lost. That will mean that CO2 will increase while O2 is being decreased while calling it Carbon Neutral. https://news.mongabay.com/2019/03/eu-sued-to-stop-burning-trees-for-energy-its-not-carbon-neutral-plaintiffs/
The biggest problems might be caused by man and it's really just trashing the environment with no concern about sustainability. This is one example of no concern for long term impact on the environment.
https://images.app.goo.gl/SVdN7APosRLifg1g6
I'll probably stick to focusing on the ozone layer. That doesn't really have anything to do with the global warming debate.
24-07-2019 01:07
(3979)
keepit wrote:
I sure wouldn't call the fight against plagues and pandemics won! If that guy says it is, he's dead wrong.

So this is a good one for when you can/can't assert something. I would say yes we won because we MOSTLY have. But true it's not total. I'm gonna call toberculosis and pneumonia defeated here (and I was making the disease victory point not the skeptical environmentalist)

Edited on 24-07-2019 01:12
24-07-2019 01:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
There's an antibiotic resistant strain of TB that is gaining prevalence.
Your chart doesn't mention much about viral diseases from which we are still pretty much defenseless. A viral epidemic along the lines of smallpox or influenza would be catastrophic. And in some ways it would be easier to spread worldwide because of the ease of transportation by plane. We all know of some viral diseases which haven't taken hold but if some of them mutated to a more contagious strain, watch out.
I hate it that i take the beware position so often.
24-07-2019 01:43
(3979)
keepit wrote:
A viral epidemic along the lines of smallpox or influenza would be catastrophic. .

True. But we live day today without it being an active massive threat like it used to be. So essentially we won!

I would actually consider defeating any global warming threat to be far less impressive a feat for Humanity to pull off. Well within our ability
Edited on 24-07-2019 01:43
24-07-2019 01:48
(14406)
tmiddles wrote:And trolls should be ignored

By that you mean "those of differing viewpoints should be ignored" which means you never had any intention of discussing anything, or of possibly learning anything.

Your only intention is to profess your religious faith and to demonstrate your fear/hatred for science.

I get it. You are not alone. Many people put their religious faiths above all else.

24-07-2019 01:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
TMID
I think antibiotic resistant developments and mutated viral diseases are threats you are underestimating.
Sorry to be doomsayer but it is so easy to do.
24-07-2019 02:02
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

First, you must have a problem to solve. Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

24-07-2019 02:07
(21597)
keepit wrote:
TMID,
I just looked up "The Skeptical Environmentalist" on wikipedia. It seems to me that you don't need to measure the environment,
Good! Because you can't measure it anyway!
keepit wrote:
just account for the amount of fossil fuels being produced
Easy. Zero. Zip. Nada. Fossils don't burn. We don't use them for fuel.
keepit wrote:
and also know that CO2 holds in the transfer of thermal energy from earth to outer space.

It can't. It is not possible to trap heat. It is not possible to trap thermal energy. There is always heat. The ONLY way Earth loses thermal energy is by conversion to light (radiant heating). It is not possible to trap light. You can't reduce the radiance of Earth and increase its temperature at the same time.
keepit wrote:
Knowing those 2 things is enough to alert me! ...removed nonsensical portion...
Then you know nothing. You deny science. In this post alone, you denied the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 24-07-2019 02:07
24-07-2019 02:08
(14406)
tmiddles wrote: I'm gonna call toberculosis and pneumonia defeated here

There are roughly 50,000 deaths each year from pneumonia just in the US. Either the battle against pneumonia is far from "won" or you value human life as little as any Marxist.

We are very ineffective at preventing HIV-infected individuals who get TB from dying. I imagine that you believe that such HIV-infected people don't really "count" when discussing TB, that it's better to just claim victory over TB.

24-07-2019 02:11
(21597)
keepit wrote:

No, they haven't. In any bacteriological infection, there are always a few 'super' bugs...ones that are more resistant. When using antibiotics, it is vitally important you complete the series, even if you feel better. Failure to do so will allow the 'super' bugs to re-establish the infection.

Some hospitals have had problems with this because of poor management. Avoid such hospitals. Such an outbreak is indicative of poor medical practices.

The Parrot Killer

24-07-2019 02:16
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
A viral epidemic along the lines of smallpox or influenza would be catastrophic. .

True. But we live day today without it being an active massive threat like it used to be. So essentially we won!

Really? You mean thousands don't come down with the flu anymore?
tmiddles wrote:
I would actually consider defeating any global warming threat to be far less impressive a feat for Humanity to pull off. Well within our ability

How would you know you pulled it off? Define 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer

24-07-2019 02:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
There are many articles on the development of antibiotic resistance on the internet, wiki and others.
It is a subject that is often misunderstood. People think that it is the patient that develops the resistance but it is the bacteria that develops the resistance. Also, antibiotics are ineffective against viruses.

Often wrong, never in doubt (applies to everyone, including my self).
Edited on 24-07-2019 02:55
24-07-2019 04:41
(21597)
keepit wrote:
There are many articles on the development of antibiotic resistance on the internet, wiki and others.
It is a subject that is often misunderstood. People think that it is the patient that develops the resistance but it is the bacteria that develops the resistance. Also, antibiotics are ineffective against viruses.

Often wrong, never in doubt (applies to everyone, including my self).

It doesn't develop the resistance. Resistant bugs in the strain have always been there. Incomplete antibiotic treatments only kill the weak ones.

The Parrot Killer

24-07-2019 04:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The resistance is an evolutionary change in the DNA of the bacteria. That change wasn't always there. True, some bacteria are more resistant than others but that is not what is meant by the "development of bacterial resistance" in a literal sense.

Often wrong, never in doubt (applies to everyone, including myself).
Edited on 24-07-2019 05:00
24-07-2019 05:08
(3979)
James___ wrote:
at CO2 will increase while O2 is being decreased while calling it Carbon Neutral. https://news.mongabay.com/2019/03/eu-sued-to-stop-burning-trees-for-energy-its-not-carbon-neutral-plaintiffs/
The biggest problems might be caused by man and it's really just trashing the environment with no concern about sustainability. This is one example of no concern for long term impact on the environment.
https://images.app.goo.gl/SVdN7APosRLifg1g6
I'll probably stick to focusing on the ozone layer. That doesn't really have anything to do with the global warming debate.

Great stuff James! I hadn't heard about this.
So ironic to cut trees down for the MOVEMENT
24-07-2019 05:16
(3979)
keepit wrote:
TMID
I think antibiotic resistant developments and mutated viral diseases are threats you are underestimating.

Yes but proportionality should be considered. Some diseases were huge threats now they are minor threats. The antibiotic resistant stuff is a real problem, but on the whole this era is by far the best humans have ever had it as far as disease and pandemics go.

Bjørn Lomborg thesis is that humans are really good at solving problems. We can fly to Venus, cure polio and mitigate the minor threat posed by CO2 pretty easily
Edited on 24-07-2019 05:19
24-07-2019 05:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Yeah, but the threat of pandemics involving viruses is great considering the ease of international travel.
I don't see that medicine has won. The dangers are great.
I hesitate to say it but a huge pandemic would reduce global warming.

Often wrong, never in doubt (applies to everyone, myself included).
Edited on 24-07-2019 05:23
24-07-2019 05:30
(14406)
keepit wrote:Often wrong, never in doubt (applies to everyone, myself included).

That's rather grim, a religious belief that thinks global misery and death would be a positive thing.

... and rationalized by something completely undefined!

Is there any other religion besides Marxism that hates humanity this much?

24-07-2019 05:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Good grief IBDM.
Get real.
24-07-2019 07:04
(21597)
keepit wrote:
The resistance is an evolutionary change in the DNA of the bacteria. That change wasn't always there. True, some bacteria are more resistant than others but that is not what is meant by the "development of bacterial resistance" in a literal sense.

Often wrong, never in doubt (applies to everyone, including myself).

It is what is meant by it. The news media, typical of the news media, made an outbreak seem like some horror movie or monster movie.

Superbugs have always been around. That's why you want to make sure to complete your antibiotic series regardless of how you feel.

The Parrot Killer

24-07-2019 07:06
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
TMID

Yes but proportionality should be considered. Some diseases were huge threats now they are minor threats. The antibiotic resistant stuff is a real problem, but on the whole this era is by far the best humans have ever had it as far as disease and pandemics go.

Bjørn Lomborg thesis is that humans are really good at solving problems. We can fly to Venus, cure polio and mitigate the minor threat posed by CO2 pretty easily

What threat?

The Parrot Killer

24-07-2019 07:07
(21597)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:Often wrong, never in doubt (applies to everyone, myself included).

That's rather grim, a religious belief that thinks global misery and death would be a positive thing.

... and rationalized by something completely undefined!

Is there any other religion besides Marxism that hates humanity this much?

Frankly, can't really think of one!

The Parrot Killer

24-07-2019 07:08
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Good grief IBDM.
Get real.

Define 'real'. Betcha can't.

The Parrot Killer

24-07-2019 07:15
(3979)
keepit wrote:
I don't see that medicine has won.

Well you have to define victory.

For example Fire Fighting has also won. We just don't have serious fires like they used to. All of the effort from materials used, sprinkler systems, to the skill and tech of firefighting mean that we don't live in constant fear of fire. And people used to. It's awesome.

You could say there are still fires and sure there are. But I count MOSTLY as a win because the world is never pure and perfect.

Also remember that any "relief" from CO2 or global warming or whatever is truly theoretical. It's causing ZERO real issues today. The Earth has been warming for 12500 years. 6000 years ago you could have proclaimed "It's the warmest year on record and we've been keeping records for a 1000 years" and you'd be right. And you could find a disappearing island as the ice melted. I'm with you in agreeing it's serious and we need to be careful, and fight those who want to perpetuate ignorance of the issue like Trump.

But there are other things far more important. Like curing cancer.

A pandemic would be horrible in every way. No upside at all.

Also no upside to feeding trolls, waste of my time too as I have to scroll through the dead space on the board to figure out where you have a post where you're not wasting your time.
Edited on 24-07-2019 07:37
Page 6 of 28<<<45678>>>

Join the debate Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?12919-12-2019 17:10
I don't believe CO2 makes air hotter because I don't see any experimental proof509-10-2019 03:15
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus8826-09-2019 05:49
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus and Mercury418-09-2019 22:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact