Remember me
▼ Content

Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?



Page 26 of 27<<<24252627>
08-07-2020 01:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
tgoebbles wrote: I won't be wasting my time or abusing the board by indulging a scattered batch of off topic questions, now or in the future.

He who makes the claim bears the full burden of support. You are claiming Global Warming, abolition of the 2nd Amendment, "Black Supremacy," Rule of Violence, etc ...

You do not get to dismiss what others consider to be meaningful questions lest your arguments in their totality be dismissed.

We cannot proceed with any of your arguments at present and all of your arguments are currently dismissed. The good news is that answering those questions will be momentary, i.e. extremely little time required with zero physical effort. I don't understand the holdup.

Until then, your preaching is mere spam and you are abusing the board.

tgoebbles wrote: The radiance leaving Venus is easy, just like the radiance leaving the Sun, because they both "leave" so you can measure them from Earth.

@ duncan ... tgoebbles is lying. Unfortunately for him he never received any sort of proper education so he is blissfully unaware of the elements of his lie that give him away.

There are no photons that come with metadata tags "I was emitted from Venus and following is a list of changes I incorporated along the way!"

tgoebbles wrote: You have yet to propose a reasonable theory as to why the Venera program did not produce reliable results.

You have yet to produce any valid dataset from the Venera program.

You have yet to produce any evidence that you even know what constitutes a valid dataset.

Oh, I have provided you the explanation as to why Venera data is not considered reliable.

Everything you have to say about Venus is summarily dismissed.

tgoebbles wrote: I think you last said that a chart of the data was not data

I last said that your chart was clearly not the raw data ... raw data that you cannot produce to be scrutinized.

tgoebbles wrote: I assume (since you stopped addressing this I can only assume) that you are claiming that there must be a direct correlation between ground level temps and the radiance into space a planet emitts.

... which shows the wild, fantasy-based imagination you have that is founded on neither logic nor reality.


For your convenience I will post the questions again:

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics? [Status: Unanswered]
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming, Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect? [Status: Unanswered]
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer? [Status: Unanswered]
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume, e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black supremacist" and "racist"? [Status: Unanswered]
6) Is there an official list of races? [Status: Unanswered]
- 6a) How do I determine my own race or that of my children? [Status: Unanswered]
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of racism in the United States? [Status: Unanswered]
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before rampant violent crime? [Status: Unanswered]
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that emotion/thought? [Status: Unanswered]
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface? [Status: Unanswered]
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to destroy the Mona Lisa? [Status: Unanswered]
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history that we never want to forget or repeat? [Status: Unanswered]
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is to be revised or destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ? [Status: Unanswered]

If you ever forget any of the above you can find The Official List of Questions for tmiddles that Remain Unanswered here: https://politiplex.freeforums.net/post/157

If you've been cited under the Local Ordinance § TMID
and you have questions you can go here for more information: https://politiplex.freeforums.net/post/154

Have a great day.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-07-2020 01:37
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3323)
IBdaMann wrote:You do not get to dismiss what others consider to be meaningful questions
Of course I do. I won't answer questions from one topic in another when it can be avoided.

Your ploy to avoid the humiliation of being debunked on the misuse of Planck's Law and SB is just sad here IBD.

IBdaMann wrote:There are no photons that come with metadata tags "I was emitted from Venus and following is a list of changes I incorporated along the way!"
That's actually wrong. Photons/radiance/light moves in a straight line. Focusing on the radiance of an object, excluding other objects, is a simple as pointing at it.

IBdaMann wrote:...any valid dataset from the Venera program.... raw data
Debunked in my sig.

IBdaMann wrote:...The Aztecs...
I will not be responding to off topic question. I have given you this answer many times now and you're simply abusing the board.

You have not given me an answer as to what you reply is to the following:
tmiddles wrote:
I assume (since you stopped addressing this I can only assume) that you are claiming that there must be a direct correlation between ground level temps and the radiance into space a planet emitts. Venus proves that this is false.

The error you've made is confusing the ground level, and the interior temperature of an object, with it's emitting surface.

In short: a ground level temp radiating far more than a planet's radiance to space does not violate planck's law or Stefan-Boltzmann because the ground level is not the whole emitting surface of the planet. The emitting surface is primarily higher in the atmosphere.
It is on topic and follows directly from our debate here. If you won't be responding to it just let me know and I'll stop asking you. I will not stop in dismantling your BS though.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
08-07-2020 02:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:You do not get to dismiss what others consider to be meaningful questions
Of course I do.

... and when you do your arguments are summarily dismissed, which is where we stand.

So, if you have nothing else to add, we're done.

Have a great one.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-07-2020 03:15
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(465)
The radiance leaving Venus is easy, just like the radiance leaving the Sun, because they both "leave" so you can measure them from Earth.

That make sense?

The radiance leaving Venus is not easy to look up online but the radiance of the Sun is. It's really the same question. YES we can pretty reliably determine the radiance emitted into space by the objects around us in the solar system.


What is it??
08-07-2020 03:19
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3323)
duncan61 wrote:
What is it??
You want me to do homework for you? Why are you asking?
08-07-2020 03:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
What is it??
You want me to do homework for you? Why are you asking?

Your slavemasters never explained to you that you are going to get questions whenever you preach.

Your slavemasters would rather you be evasive and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Did you say that you wouldn't do his homework? What is he expected to do, extract information from you? Are you expecting him to waterboard you?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-07-2020 05:11
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(465)
Are you admitting Tmids that you do not know
08-07-2020 05:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
duncan61 wrote: Are you admitting Tmids that you do not know

1. He does not know
2. He will never admit that he is anything less than omniscient in matters that pertain to his Climate faith.

tgoebbles: Everything about Global Warming is "what we know."


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-07-2020 05:42
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3323)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
What is it??
You want me to do homework for you? Why are you asking?
...you are going to get questions whenever you preach....
duncan61 wrote:
Are you admitting Tmids that you do not know
Duncan why are you asking? Of course I have not done my own work gathering data on Venus, Earth the Sun or anything in our solar system. I trust the information provided by those who have. Will I go hunting for that information for no reason? No I will not.

If you want to believe that makes a point then go ahead.

If you actually have a point or are exploring something then let me know.
08-07-2020 06:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13005)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
What is it??
You want me to do homework for you? Why are you asking?
...you are going to get questions whenever you preach....
duncan61 wrote:
Are you admitting Tmids that you do not know
Duncan why are you asking? Of course I have not done my own work gathering data on Venus, Earth the Sun or anything in our solar system. I trust the information provided by those who have. Will I go hunting for that information for no reason? No I will not.

If you want to believe that makes a point then go ahead.

If you actually have a point or are exploring something then let me know.

Quoting made up numbers is not gathering data on Venus, the Earth, the Sun, or anything else.

And you have a reason. You are a fundamentalist believer in the Church of Global Warming. You deny mathematics. You deny science.

Answer the questions put to you:

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate
Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics?
[Status: Unanswered]
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming,
Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect? [Status: Unanswered]
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy
flowing from cooler to warmer? [Status: Unanswered]
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume,
e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature
measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black
people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white
nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black
supremacist" and "racist"? [Status: Unanswered]
6) Is there an official list of races? [Status: Unanswered]
- 6a) How do I determine my own race or that of my children? [Status: Unanswered]
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of
racism in the United States? [Status: Unanswered]
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before
rampant violent crime? [Status: Unanswered]
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if
shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that
emotion/thought? [Status: Unanswered]
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or
moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at
the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the
daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface?
[Status: Unanswered]
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty
person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to
destroy the Mona Lisa? [Status: Unanswered]
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history
that we never want to forget or repeat? [Status: Unanswered]
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced
human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed?
[Status: Unanswered]
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is
to be revised or destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives
Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist
Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ? [Status: Unanswered]


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
08-07-2020 18:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
...until you answer the questions...
You have asked me the same question again and as I said I won't be indulging off topic questions. You are abusing the board and you should stop.


tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote: Answer the questions put to you.
I have answered you that I considered your post to be irrelevant to the topic. Are your confused?

I will not be answering random and off topic questions for no reason. Not now or in the future.

You are repetitively abusing the board now and you should stop.

If this is such an issue for you, then feel free to answer those questions in this thread, where those questions are specifically the topic at hand:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/the-questions-that-need-to-be-answered-d6-e3216.php

Of course, you will continue to evade... and I will continue to enforce the tmiddles ordinance...
Edited on 08-07-2020 18:35
08-07-2020 18:45
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:You do not get to dismiss what others consider to be meaningful questions
Of course I do. I won't answer questions from one topic in another when it can be avoided.

There is a separate thread specifically dedicated to these questions. In that thread, those questions are DEFINITELY "on topic". Stop evading. Answer the questions.

tmiddles wrote:... deleted egregious violation of the tmiddles ordinance

Summarily dismissed.
08-07-2020 18:47
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
What is it??
You want me to do homework for you? Why are you asking?

You don't do homework. You preach and evade.
Edited on 08-07-2020 18:48
09-07-2020 00:44
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3323)
Into the Night wrote:
Answer the questions put to you:...throw someone in jail...artifacts...the DNC, Communist...
gfm7175 wrote:...answer those questions...In that thread, those questions are DEFINITELY "on topic".
You have both been abusing the board repeatedly now. I won't be answering that scattered list of questions. You have my answer and it's NO.
09-07-2020 01:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13005)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Answer the questions put to you:...throw someone in jail...artifacts...the DNC, Communist...
gfm7175 wrote:...answer those questions...In that thread, those questions are DEFINITELY "on topic".
You have both been abusing the board repeatedly now.

Inversion fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
I won't be answering that scattered list of questions. You have my answer and it's NO.

Then you refuse to engage in conversation. Answer the questions put to you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
09-07-2020 01:25
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3323)
Into the Night wrote:...Answer the questions put to you.
The answer is NO.
Edited on 09-07-2020 01:27
09-07-2020 04:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13005)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:...Answer the questions put to you.
The answer is NO.

Evasion. Answer the questions put to you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
10-07-2020 17:58
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Answer the questions put to you:...throw someone in jail...artifacts...the DNC, Communist...
gfm7175 wrote:...answer those questions...In that thread, those questions are DEFINITELY "on topic".
You have both been abusing the board repeatedly now. I won't be answering that scattered list of questions. You have my answer and it's NO.

It is not scattered. It is all in one place, right here:
Questions That Need To Be Answered

So long as you refuse to answer the questions, there can be no meaningful dialogue with you about such matters. The Ordinance will remain in effect.
10-07-2020 18:06
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Answer the questions put to you:...throw someone in jail...artifacts...the DNC, Communist...
gfm7175 wrote:...answer those questions...In that thread, those questions are DEFINITELY "on topic".
You have both been abusing the board repeatedly now. I won't be answering that scattered list of questions. You have my answer and it's NO.

It is not scattered. It is all in one place, right here:
Questions That Need To Be Answered

So long as you refuse to answer the questions, there can be no meaningful dialogue with you about such matters. The Ordinance will remain in effect.



Matthew 6:9
"This, then, is how you should pray:

"'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11
Give us today our daily bread.
12
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13
And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]'

Amen Brother
11-07-2020 00:50
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3323)
gfm7175 wrote:
So long as you refuse to answer the questions, there can be no meaningful dialogue [with gfm7175]
So there will be no change then. OK
12-07-2020 06:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
tgoebbles wrote: So there will be no change then. OK

That's all I needed to know.
Attached image:

13-07-2020 17:27
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
James___ wrote:
Matthew 6:9
"This, then, is how you should pray:

"'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11
Give us today our daily bread.
12
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13
And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]'

Amen Brother

Yup. In Christianity, this prayer is typically referred to as "The Lord's Prayer". Jesus presented it as a model for prayer.
13-07-2020 17:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Matthew 6:9 "This, then, is how you should pray:

"'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

Amen Brother

Yup. In Christianity, this prayer is typically referred to as "The Lord's Prayer". Jesus presented it as a model for prayer.


Unacceptable. Someone changed the words.

This is how to pray correctly:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kindom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us.
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, Amen.


The original intent is totally lost if you remove the Old English. Remember, God is old ... he prefers you use his lingo ... not this new-age politically sensitive crap used by all those damn kids who listen live western concert music.



.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-07-2020 18:14
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Matthew 6:9 "This, then, is how you should pray:

"'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

Amen Brother

Yup. In Christianity, this prayer is typically referred to as "The Lord's Prayer". Jesus presented it as a model for prayer.


Unacceptable. Someone changed the words.

This is how to pray correctly:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kindom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us.
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, Amen.


The original intent is totally lost if you remove the Old English. Remember, God is old ... he prefers you use his lingo ... not this new-age politically sensitive crap used by all those damn kids who listen live western concert music.

.

Haha, well there ya go.


To be honest, this is what I like about the King James Version over other English language versions of it. I like the Old English because it is more precise than our current English is with regard to instances such as 'you' (singular) vs. 'you' (plural).
13-07-2020 18:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
gfm7175 wrote: To be honest, this is what I like about the King James Version over other English language versions of it. I like the Old English because it is more precise than our current English is with regard to instances such as 'you' (singular) vs. 'you' (plural).

Thy post is wise my friend. Allow others not to frustrate thee lest this day thy faith be wrought with doubt.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-07-2020 22:29
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: To be honest, this is what I like about the King James Version over other English language versions of it. I like the Old English because it is more precise than our current English is with regard to instances such as 'you' (singular) vs. 'you' (plural).

Thy post is wise my friend. Allow others not to frustrate thee lest this day thy faith be wrought with doubt.

.

Verily, verily, I say unto you. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. I beseech thee, be not as the reprobates, but rather realize that it is God who quickeneth all things. Amen!

13-07-2020 22:38
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: To be honest, this is what I like about the King James Version over other English language versions of it. I like the Old English because it is more precise than our current English is with regard to instances such as 'you' (singular) vs. 'you' (plural).

Thy post is wise my friend. Allow others not to frustrate thee lest this day thy faith be wrought with doubt.

.

Verily, verily, I say unto you. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. I beseech thee, be not as the reprobates, but rather realize that it is God who quickeneth all things. Amen!



11: Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.

gfm7175, Sad to say, do you know the scripture?
Edited on 13-07-2020 22:56
13-07-2020 23:12
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: To be honest, this is what I like about the King James Version over other English language versions of it. I like the Old English because it is more precise than our current English is with regard to instances such as 'you' (singular) vs. 'you' (plural).

Thy post is wise my friend. Allow others not to frustrate thee lest this day thy faith be wrought with doubt.

.

Verily, verily, I say unto you. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. I beseech thee, be not as the reprobates, but rather realize that it is God who quickeneth all things. Amen!



11: Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.

gfm7175, Sad to say, do you know the scripture?

No idea what you are getting at... I'll just have to dismiss this one as "pulling a James"...
Edited on 13-07-2020 23:14
14-07-2020 00:28
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: To be honest, this is what I like about the King James Version over other English language versions of it. I like the Old English because it is more precise than our current English is with regard to instances such as 'you' (singular) vs. 'you' (plural).

Thy post is wise my friend. Allow others not to frustrate thee lest this day thy faith be wrought with doubt.

.

Verily, verily, I say unto you. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. I beseech thee, be not as the reprobates, but rather realize that it is God who quickeneth all things. Amen!
l;


11: Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.

gfm7175, Sad to say, do you know the scripture?

No idea what you are getting at... I'll just have to dismiss this one as "pulling a James"...


It is sad that your faith in Jesus, our Lord and Saviour has left you both empty of mind and soul.
14-07-2020 00:43
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: To be honest, this is what I like about the King James Version over other English language versions of it. I like the Old English because it is more precise than our current English is with regard to instances such as 'you' (singular) vs. 'you' (plural).

Thy post is wise my friend. Allow others not to frustrate thee lest this day thy faith be wrought with doubt.

.

Verily, verily, I say unto you. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. I beseech thee, be not as the reprobates, but rather realize that it is God who quickeneth all things. Amen!



11: Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.

gfm7175, Sad to say, do you know the scripture?

No idea what you are getting at... I'll just have to dismiss this one as "pulling a James"...



Faith in Jesus means accepting taunts such as yours in his name.
In a way, you just proved the scripture that I quoted. And as you taunt me, his word is my strength.
Your post is showing that I am his witness. The scripture is John 3:11. +12
11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

Needless to say gfm7175, I know what the Bible says. Yet the quote goes beyond ourselves. It's not about us.
And yet you have shown that the Bible is the true word of God. This is because of what you have posted in his name and is your reward in his name. Accept your reward.
Edited on 14-07-2020 01:37
14-07-2020 02:02
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
Hopefully gfm you'll understand that I very much understand what scripture teaches us. I will never accept that it's meant to be used against someone. And when it's used against me? I am the Devil. Enjoy your life but do not choose to seek me out. Only I can win.
14-07-2020 17:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1094)
I'm happy for you James.
14-07-2020 19:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
James___ wrote: I am the Devil. Enjoy your life but do not choose to seek me out. Only I can win.

Oh, oh, ... I call getting to be the deepest pit! Everyone says that I would make a good one since I am so profound!

"Send him to IBDaMann" means "Let him be cast into the deepest pit!

.
Attached image:

14-07-2020 20:09
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: I am the Devil. Enjoy your life but do not choose to seek me out. Only I can win.

Oh, oh, ... I call getting to be the deepest pit! Everyone says that I would make a good one since I am so profound!

"Send him to IBDaMann" means "Let him be cast into the deepest pit!

.



Can I be Loki then?
14-07-2020 20:42
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
James___ wrote: Can I be Loki then?

Deal!

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-07-2020 20:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
James___ wrote: Can I be Loki then?


.
Attached image:

22-07-2020 19:51
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: Can I be Loki then?


.
24-07-2020 01:55
andeep
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
tmiddles wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
For starters. Mercury has practically no atmosphere and Venus has a ton of atmosphere.


Tai Hai

Yes and it seems the scale of the density of Venus's atmosphere, the pressure at the surface, has the same extreme difference with earth and Mercury that we see with it's higher temperature.

Check of what Hoffman had to say on it. Very interesting.
link


I think I agree that Venus is hotter than Mercury due to the greenhouse effect, and that Mercury simply dissipates the incoming radiation. In fact this could be an argument as to the fact that the greenhouse effect occurs. I checked the link by Hoffman, and I haven't had a chance to go through the details, but it seems to me that the reasoning may be too simple. The effect of the spectra of the gases on the absorption of infrared radiation isn't really taken into account. And if it shouldn't be taken into account, there should be some reason why they don't have an effect, even if the temperature ratio comes out right. But again, I think the fact that Earth and Venus are so hot is one good argument that the greenhouse effect is occuring.
24-07-2020 02:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
andeep wrote: I think I agree that Venus is hotter than Mercury due to the greenhouse effect, and that Mercury simply dissipates the incoming radiation.

That's like saying that you agree that physics are wrong. You are agreeing with people who are wrong. You deserve to be mocked.



Just out of curiosity, how does this "simply dissipating" work? Does Mercury destroy the energy into nothing?

andeep wrote: In fact this could be an argument as to the fact that the greenhouse effect occurs.

I didn't see any unambiguous definition of "Greenhouse Effect" in there anywhere so, no, this cannot be an argument for that.

andeep wrote: I checked the link by Hoffman, and I haven't had a chance to go through the details, but it seems to me that the reasoning may be too simple.

Did you just say that you didn't read it but it seems to be wrong?



andeep wrote: The effect of the spectra of the gases on the absorption of infrared radiation isn't really taken into account.

How does energy changing form matter? Are you saying that there is a sequence of energy form changes that results in less energy?

andeep wrote: And if it shouldn't be taken into account, there should be some reason why they don't have an effect, even if the temperature ratio comes out right.

The first law of thermodynamics is pretty clear on this. It doesn't matter what energy changes form, there is still the same amount of energy. Temperature cannot change without a change in the amount of energy.



andeep wrote: But again, I think the fact that Earth and Venus are so hot is one good argument that the greenhouse effect is occuring.

What temperature implies the Greenhouse Effect is occurring? I still didn't see any unambiguous definition in there anywhere.





.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2020 03:30
andeep
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
IBdaMann wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how does this "simply dissipating" work? Does Mercury destroy the energy into nothing?

.


Whenever radiation is incident on matter, it's either absorbed by the matter, reflected, or it transmits through. It depends on what the object is made of. In the case of Mercury, which is mostly solid, a lot of this radition will be absorbed. That means either Mercury is heated by the radiation and its temperature will go up or it will dissipate heat just like any hot object will dissipate heat. If the planet has an atmosphere, depending on what gases are present, the heat will get trapped in by the gases. But since Mercury has no atmosphere, the radiation will go out into space.
Page 26 of 27<<<24252627>





Join the debate Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?12919-12-2019 17:10
I don't believe CO2 makes air hotter because I don't see any experimental proof509-10-2019 03:15
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus8826-09-2019 05:49
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus and Mercury418-09-2019 22:37
There is no evidence water vapor makes things hotter018-09-2019 21:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact