Remember me
▼ Content

Used Wind Turbine Blades?

Used Wind Turbine Blades?10-10-2019 21:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
https://hackaday.com/2019/10/10/what-will-we-do-with-the-turbine-blades/#comment-6186132

Interesting article, comments are pretty good too. Only thing they missed out, is how often these blades are expected to fail, lifespan for typical use. I'm sure wind farms in areas with large bird populations, will fail much quicker, least at first, but should get cut down, over time...

Of course, wind farms tend to be out in the sticks, near where inbred hillbillies live. Suppose there will be some heavy losses, do to target practice. Probably a lot of fun, even more fun with an AR15...

Basically, though, the blades are either fiberglass or carbon composite, which don't recycle easy, don't really rot. I like some of the ideas for cut them up for other uses, like building materials. I suggested they be used on the border wall...
12-10-2019 18:38
(5196)
Hack-A-Day comments are being censored again... I've tamed my comments there, and still got deleted by the the greeners. I'm careful not to write anything offensive, and should be easy enough to validate with a simple web search. Guess point out weak points, isn't green enough for some, spoils the delusional fantasy.
12-10-2019 18:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Hack-A-Day comments are being censored again... I've tamed my comments there, and still got deleted by the the greeners. I'm careful not to write anything offensive, and should be easy enough to validate with a simple web search. Guess point out weak points, isn't green enough for some, spoils the delusional fantasy.

What's Hack-A-Day? Should I go there and get banned?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-10-2019 21:41
(5196)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

What's Hack-A-Day? Should I go there and get banned?

It sort of a technology site, for people who make or modify tools and gadgets, with whatever they can lay their hands on. Use to be sort of like recycling, upcycling junk, but cheap china kind of changed things. Now it's mostly college kids looking for their final year projects. Or people looking for potential commercial products, to steal. They have articles about renewable energy occasionally, comments get into climate change, of course, and anything not of a shade of green, gets reported and deleted. I still post some carefully worded stuff, that takes a few days to sink in to those that seek to delete, which is about as long as the article stays active anyway.

Join the debate Used Wind Turbine Blades?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using Wind Turbines is Mass Murder301-02-2024 03:00
Offshore wind projects face economic storm. Cancellations jeopardize Biden clean energy goals705-11-2023 20:41
THIS MONTH'S WORLD'S LARGEST WIND TURBINE GOES OPERATIONAL529-07-2023 20:03
Patened enclosed vertical axis wind turbine. Seeking business partner.17229-12-2022 20:50
Surplus electricity from wind power8801-02-2021 01:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact