Remember me
▼ Content

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066



Page 1 of 3123>
UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 206609-01-2023 20:12
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4522)
https://isp.netscape.com/news/world/story/0001/20230109/83794d6e5ae6c4469b60effb185d1509?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9pc3AubmV0c2NhcGUuY29tLz9fZ3VjX2NvbnNlbnRfc2tpcD0xNjczMjg3NTQx&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA9yMmhUYvrSDJ4BwFmp0w8BvOwHdFdsbK9o8OVi6Y8o042qLHxFHl-9PQ1OATJznpToi_jv6hJEfDwQ3d5bfsw1EcrP7DBiZKD03EP7XtrfCrKrE5LfbJwcmbGi9PfUCy5XjjiknQe47GQ3aFADKrK0Bdsbh0GDQpRSGJbD1kIF&_guc_consent_skip=1673287660

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066
By SETH BORENSTEIN
AP Science Writer
DENVER (AP) — Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop producing chemicals that chomp on the layer of ozone in Earth's atmosphere that shields the planet from harmful radiation linked to skin cancer, cataracts and crop damage.

"In the upper stratosphere and in the ozone hole we see things getting better," said Paul Newman, co-chair of the scientific assessment.

The progress is slow, according to the report presented Monday at the American Meteorological Society convention in Denver. The global average amount of ozone 18 miles (30 kilometers) high in the atmosphere won't be back to 1980 pre-thinning levels until about 2040, the report said. And it won't be back to normal in the Arctic until 2045.

Antarctica, where it's so thin there's an annual giant gaping hole in the layer, won't be fully fixed until 2066, the report said.

Scientists and environmental advocates across the world have long hailed the efforts to heal the ozone hole — springing out of a 1987 agreement called the Montreal Protocol that banned a class of chemicals often used in refrigerants and aerosols — as one of the biggest ecological victories for humanity.

"Ozone action sets a precedent for climate action. Our success in phasing out ozone-eating chemicals shows us what can and must be done – as a matter of urgency — to transition away from fossil fuels, reduce greenhouse gases and so limit temperature increase," World Meteorological Organization Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas said in a statement.

Signs of healing were reported four years ago but were slight and more preliminary. "Those numbers of recovery have solidified a lot," Newman said.

The two chief chemicals that munch away at ozone are in lower levels in the atmosphere, said Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Chlorine levels are down 11.5% since they peaked in 1993 and bromine, which is more efficient at eating ozone but is at lower levels in the air, dropped 14.5% since its 1999 peak, the report said.

That bromine and chlorine levels "stopped growing and is coming down is a real testament to the effectiveness of the Montreal Protocol," Newman said.

"There has been a sea change in the way our society deals with ozone depleting substances," said scientific panel co-chair David W. Fahey, director of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's chemical sciences lab.

Decades ago, people could go into a store and buy a can of refrigerants that eat away at the ozone, punch a hole in it and pollute the atmosphere, Fahey said. Now, not only are the substances banned but they are no longer much in people's homes or cars, replaced by cleaner chemicals.

Natural weather patterns in the Antarctic also affect ozone hole levels, which peak in the fall. And the past couple years, the holes have been a bit bigger because of that but the overall trend is one of healing, Newman said.

This is "saving 2 million people every year from skin cancer," United Nations Environment Programme Director Inger Andersen told The Associated Press earlier this year in an email.

A few years ago emissions of one of the banned chemicals, chlorofluorocarbon-11 (CFC-11), stopped shrinking and was rising. Rogue emissions were spotted in part of China but now have gone back down to where they are expected, Newman said.

A third generation of those chemicals, called HFC, was banned a few years ago not because it would eat at the ozone layer but because it is a heat-trapping greenhouse gas. The new report says that the ban would avoid 0.5 to 0.9 degrees (0.3 to 0.5 degrees Celsius) of additional warming.

The report also warned that efforts to artificially cool the planet by putting aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect the sunlight would thin the ozone layer by as much as 20% in Antarctica.


confusing...
09-01-2023 22:57
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://isp.netscape.com/news/world/story/0001/20230109/83794d6e5ae6c4469b60effb185d1509?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9pc3AubmV0c2NhcGUuY29tLz9fZ3VjX2NvbnNlbnRfc2tpcD0xNjczMjg3NTQx&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA9yMmhUYvrSDJ4BwFmp0w8BvOwHdFdsbK9o8OVi6Y8o042qLHxFHl-9PQ1OATJznpToi_jv6hJEfDwQ3d5bfsw1EcrP7DBiZKD03EP7XtrfCrKrE5LfbJwcmbGi9PfUCy5XjjiknQe47GQ3aFADKrK0Bdsbh0GDQpRSGJbD1kIF&_guc_consent_skip=1673287660

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066
By SETH BORENSTEIN
AP Science Writer
DENVER (AP) — Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop producing chemicals that chomp on the layer of ozone in Earth's atmosphere that shields the planet from harmful radiation linked to skin cancer, cataracts and crop damage.

"In the upper stratosphere and in the ozone hole we see things getting better," said Paul Newman, co-chair of the scientific assessment.

The progress is slow, according to the report presented Monday at the American Meteorological Society convention in Denver. The global average amount of ozone 18 miles (30 kilometers) high in the atmosphere won't be back to 1980 pre-thinning levels until about 2040, the report said. And it won't be back to normal in the Arctic until 2045.

Antarctica, where it's so thin there's an annual giant gaping hole in the layer, won't be fully fixed until 2066, the report said.

Scientists and environmental advocates across the world have long hailed the efforts to heal the ozone hole — springing out of a 1987 agreement called the Montreal Protocol that banned a class of chemicals often used in refrigerants and aerosols — as one of the biggest ecological victories for humanity.

"Ozone action sets a precedent for climate action. Our success in phasing out ozone-eating chemicals shows us what can and must be done – as a matter of urgency — to transition away from fossil fuels, reduce greenhouse gases and so limit temperature increase," World Meteorological Organization Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas said in a statement.

Signs of healing were reported four years ago but were slight and more preliminary. "Those numbers of recovery have solidified a lot," Newman said.

The two chief chemicals that munch away at ozone are in lower levels in the atmosphere, said Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Chlorine levels are down 11.5% since they peaked in 1993 and bromine, which is more efficient at eating ozone but is at lower levels in the air, dropped 14.5% since its 1999 peak, the report said.

That bromine and chlorine levels "stopped growing and is coming down is a real testament to the effectiveness of the Montreal Protocol," Newman said.

"There has been a sea change in the way our society deals with ozone depleting substances," said scientific panel co-chair David W. Fahey, director of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's chemical sciences lab.

Decades ago, people could go into a store and buy a can of refrigerants that eat away at the ozone, punch a hole in it and pollute the atmosphere, Fahey said. Now, not only are the substances banned but they are no longer much in people's homes or cars, replaced by cleaner chemicals.

Natural weather patterns in the Antarctic also affect ozone hole levels, which peak in the fall. And the past couple years, the holes have been a bit bigger because of that but the overall trend is one of healing, Newman said.

This is "saving 2 million people every year from skin cancer," United Nations Environment Programme Director Inger Andersen told The Associated Press earlier this year in an email.

A few years ago emissions of one of the banned chemicals, chlorofluorocarbon-11 (CFC-11), stopped shrinking and was rising. Rogue emissions were spotted in part of China but now have gone back down to where they are expected, Newman said.

A third generation of those chemicals, called HFC, was banned a few years ago not because it would eat at the ozone layer but because it is a heat-trapping greenhouse gas. The new report says that the ban would avoid 0.5 to 0.9 degrees (0.3 to 0.5 degrees Celsius) of additional warming.

The report also warned that efforts to artificially cool the planet by putting aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect the sunlight would thin the ozone layer by as much as 20% in Antarctica.


confusing...


What ozone hole?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arctic-ozone-hole-largest-closed/


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
10-01-2023 02:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://isp.netscape.com/news/world/story/0001/20230109/83794d6e5ae6c4469b60effb185d1509?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9pc3AubmV0c2NhcGUuY29tLz9fZ3VjX2NvbnNlbnRfc2tpcD0xNjczMjg3NTQx&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA9yMmhUYvrSDJ4BwFmp0w8BvOwHdFdsbK9o8OVi6Y8o042qLHxFHl-9PQ1OATJznpToi_jv6hJEfDwQ3d5bfsw1EcrP7DBiZKD03EP7XtrfCrKrE5LfbJwcmbGi9PfUCy5XjjiknQe47GQ3aFADKrK0Bdsbh0GDQpRSGJbD1kIF&_guc_consent_skip=1673287660

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066
By SETH BORENSTEIN
AP Science Writer
DENVER (AP) — Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop producing chemicals that chomp on the layer of ozone in Earth's atmosphere that shields the planet from harmful radiation linked to skin cancer, cataracts and crop damage.

"In the upper stratosphere and in the ozone hole we see things getting better," said Paul Newman, co-chair of the scientific assessment.

The progress is slow, according to the report presented Monday at the American Meteorological Society convention in Denver. The global average amount of ozone 18 miles (30 kilometers) high in the atmosphere won't be back to 1980 pre-thinning levels until about 2040, the report said. And it won't be back to normal in the Arctic until 2045.

Antarctica, where it's so thin there's an annual giant gaping hole in the layer, won't be fully fixed until 2066, the report said.

Scientists and environmental advocates across the world have long hailed the efforts to heal the ozone hole — springing out of a 1987 agreement called the Montreal Protocol that banned a class of chemicals often used in refrigerants and aerosols — as one of the biggest ecological victories for humanity.

"Ozone action sets a precedent for climate action. Our success in phasing out ozone-eating chemicals shows us what can and must be done – as a matter of urgency — to transition away from fossil fuels, reduce greenhouse gases and so limit temperature increase," World Meteorological Organization Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas said in a statement.

Signs of healing were reported four years ago but were slight and more preliminary. "Those numbers of recovery have solidified a lot," Newman said.

The two chief chemicals that munch away at ozone are in lower levels in the atmosphere, said Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Chlorine levels are down 11.5% since they peaked in 1993 and bromine, which is more efficient at eating ozone but is at lower levels in the air, dropped 14.5% since its 1999 peak, the report said.

That bromine and chlorine levels "stopped growing and is coming down is a real testament to the effectiveness of the Montreal Protocol," Newman said.

"There has been a sea change in the way our society deals with ozone depleting substances," said scientific panel co-chair David W. Fahey, director of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's chemical sciences lab.

Decades ago, people could go into a store and buy a can of refrigerants that eat away at the ozone, punch a hole in it and pollute the atmosphere, Fahey said. Now, not only are the substances banned but they are no longer much in people's homes or cars, replaced by cleaner chemicals.

Natural weather patterns in the Antarctic also affect ozone hole levels, which peak in the fall. And the past couple years, the holes have been a bit bigger because of that but the overall trend is one of healing, Newman said.

This is "saving 2 million people every year from skin cancer," United Nations Environment Programme Director Inger Andersen told The Associated Press earlier this year in an email.

A few years ago emissions of one of the banned chemicals, chlorofluorocarbon-11 (CFC-11), stopped shrinking and was rising. Rogue emissions were spotted in part of China but now have gone back down to where they are expected, Newman said.

A third generation of those chemicals, called HFC, was banned a few years ago not because it would eat at the ozone layer but because it is a heat-trapping greenhouse gas. The new report says that the ban would avoid 0.5 to 0.9 degrees (0.3 to 0.5 degrees Celsius) of additional warming.

The report also warned that efforts to artificially cool the planet by putting aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect the sunlight would thin the ozone layer by as much as 20% in Antarctica.


confusing...

Of course it's confusing. It's a pile of buzzwords upon buzzwords. It's meaningless.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-01-2023 03:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2689)
I didn't find it confusing at all. I read this far....

Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop


...and I knew instantly this had nothing to do with ozone and everything to do with global climate change policy. All this article is intended to do is say, "Look! Government policies WILL make a difference. You just need to give up your way of life and most of your money and you will no longer need to fear a spontaneous combustion of planet Earth."

Apparently the high gas prices have opened some minds to the reality that wind and solar are not going to sustain our quality life.
10-01-2023 07:55
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4522)
I was under the impression that the Ozone crisis was solved decades ago... Thought it was accepted that the hole was normal, and expanded/contracted regularly. Sort of like polar ice does every year. It's odd that they claim that the hole is going to be completely mended, but it was never know if the hole had always existed. Just because nobody had ever thought of a purpose for having those holes, doesn't mean they don't perform a vital role. Guess we'll find out in 2066... Why was there even a concern? The holes are over the polar regions. not much naked skin, to get UV cancer. Even the polar bears and penguins cover up.
10-01-2023 14:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I was under the impression that the Ozone crisis was solved decades ago... Thought it was accepted that the hole was normal, and expanded/contracted regularly. Sort of like polar ice does every year. It's odd that they claim that the hole is going to be completely mended, but it was never know if the hole had always existed. Just because nobody had ever thought of a purpose for having those holes, doesn't mean they don't perform a vital role. Guess we'll find out in 2066... Why was there even a concern? The holes are over the polar regions. not much naked skin, to get UV cancer. Even the polar bears and penguins cover up.


Exactly


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
10-01-2023 18:11
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://isp.netscape.com/news/world/story/0001/20230109/83794d6e5ae6c4469b60effb185d1509?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9pc3AubmV0c2NhcGUuY29tLz9fZ3VjX2NvbnNlbnRfc2tpcD0xNjczMjg3NTQx&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA9yMmhUYvrSDJ4BwFmp0w8BvOwHdFdsbK9o8OVi6Y8o042qLHxFHl-9PQ1OATJznpToi_jv6hJEfDwQ3d5bfsw1EcrP7DBiZKD03EP7XtrfCrKrE5LfbJwcmbGi9PfUCy5XjjiknQe47GQ3aFADKrK0Bdsbh0GDQpRSGJbD1kIF&_guc_consent_skip=1673287660

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066
By SETH BORENSTEIN
AP Science Writer
DENVER (AP) — Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop producing chemicals that chomp on the layer of ozone in Earth's atmosphere that shields the planet from harmful radiation linked to skin cancer, cataracts and crop damage.

"In the upper stratosphere and in the ozone hole we see things getting better," said Paul Newman, co-chair of the scientific assessment.

The progress is slow, according to the report presented Monday at the American Meteorological Society convention in Denver. The global average amount of ozone 18 miles (30 kilometers) high in the atmosphere won't be back to 1980 pre-thinning levels until about 2040, the report said. And it won't be back to normal in the Arctic until 2045.

Antarctica, where it's so thin there's an annual giant gaping hole in the layer, won't be fully fixed until 2066, the report said.

Scientists and environmental advocates across the world have long hailed the efforts to heal the ozone hole — springing out of a 1987 agreement called the Montreal Protocol that banned a class of chemicals often used in refrigerants and aerosols — as one of the biggest ecological victories for humanity.

"Ozone action sets a precedent for climate action. Our success in phasing out ozone-eating chemicals shows us what can and must be done – as a matter of urgency — to transition away from fossil fuels, reduce greenhouse gases and so limit temperature increase," World Meteorological Organization Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas said in a statement.

Signs of healing were reported four years ago but were slight and more preliminary. "Those numbers of recovery have solidified a lot," Newman said.

The two chief chemicals that munch away at ozone are in lower levels in the atmosphere, said Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Chlorine levels are down 11.5% since they peaked in 1993 and bromine, which is more efficient at eating ozone but is at lower levels in the air, dropped 14.5% since its 1999 peak, the report said.

That bromine and chlorine levels "stopped growing and is coming down is a real testament to the effectiveness of the Montreal Protocol," Newman said.

"There has been a sea change in the way our society deals with ozone depleting substances," said scientific panel co-chair David W. Fahey, director of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's chemical sciences lab.

Decades ago, people could go into a store and buy a can of refrigerants that eat away at the ozone, punch a hole in it and pollute the atmosphere, Fahey said. Now, not only are the substances banned but they are no longer much in people's homes or cars, replaced by cleaner chemicals.

Natural weather patterns in the Antarctic also affect ozone hole levels, which peak in the fall. And the past couple years, the holes have been a bit bigger because of that but the overall trend is one of healing, Newman said.

This is "saving 2 million people every year from skin cancer," United Nations Environment Programme Director Inger Andersen told The Associated Press earlier this year in an email.

A few years ago emissions of one of the banned chemicals, chlorofluorocarbon-11 (CFC-11), stopped shrinking and was rising. Rogue emissions were spotted in part of China but now have gone back down to where they are expected, Newman said.

A third generation of those chemicals, called HFC, was banned a few years ago not because it would eat at the ozone layer but because it is a heat-trapping greenhouse gas. The new report says that the ban would avoid 0.5 to 0.9 degrees (0.3 to 0.5 degrees Celsius) of additional warming.

The report also warned that efforts to artificially cool the planet by putting aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect the sunlight would thin the ozone layer by as much as 20% in Antarctica.


confusing...

Of course it's confusing. It's a pile of buzzwords upon buzzwords. It's meaningless.


LOL how easily the government goons give up when pressed by genuine talent


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
10-01-2023 20:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://isp.netscape.com/news/world/story/0001/20230109/83794d6e5ae6c4469b60effb185d1509?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9pc3AubmV0c2NhcGUuY29tLz9fZ3VjX2NvbnNlbnRfc2tpcD0xNjczMjg3NTQx&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA9yMmhUYvrSDJ4BwFmp0w8BvOwHdFdsbK9o8OVi6Y8o042qLHxFHl-9PQ1OATJznpToi_jv6hJEfDwQ3d5bfsw1EcrP7DBiZKD03EP7XtrfCrKrE5LfbJwcmbGi9PfUCy5XjjiknQe47GQ3aFADKrK0Bdsbh0GDQpRSGJbD1kIF&_guc_consent_skip=1673287660

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066
By SETH BORENSTEIN
AP Science Writer
DENVER (AP) — Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop producing chemicals that chomp on the layer of ozone in Earth's atmosphere that shields the planet from harmful radiation linked to skin cancer, cataracts and crop damage.

"In the upper stratosphere and in the ozone hole we see things getting better," said Paul Newman, co-chair of the scientific assessment.

The progress is slow, according to the report presented Monday at the American Meteorological Society convention in Denver. The global average amount of ozone 18 miles (30 kilometers) high in the atmosphere won't be back to 1980 pre-thinning levels until about 2040, the report said. And it won't be back to normal in the Arctic until 2045.

Antarctica, where it's so thin there's an annual giant gaping hole in the layer, won't be fully fixed until 2066, the report said.

Scientists and environmental advocates across the world have long hailed the efforts to heal the ozone hole — springing out of a 1987 agreement called the Montreal Protocol that banned a class of chemicals often used in refrigerants and aerosols — as one of the biggest ecological victories for humanity.

"Ozone action sets a precedent for climate action. Our success in phasing out ozone-eating chemicals shows us what can and must be done – as a matter of urgency — to transition away from fossil fuels, reduce greenhouse gases and so limit temperature increase," World Meteorological Organization Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas said in a statement.

Signs of healing were reported four years ago but were slight and more preliminary. "Those numbers of recovery have solidified a lot," Newman said.

The two chief chemicals that munch away at ozone are in lower levels in the atmosphere, said Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Chlorine levels are down 11.5% since they peaked in 1993 and bromine, which is more efficient at eating ozone but is at lower levels in the air, dropped 14.5% since its 1999 peak, the report said.

That bromine and chlorine levels "stopped growing and is coming down is a real testament to the effectiveness of the Montreal Protocol," Newman said.

"There has been a sea change in the way our society deals with ozone depleting substances," said scientific panel co-chair David W. Fahey, director of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's chemical sciences lab.

Decades ago, people could go into a store and buy a can of refrigerants that eat away at the ozone, punch a hole in it and pollute the atmosphere, Fahey said. Now, not only are the substances banned but they are no longer much in people's homes or cars, replaced by cleaner chemicals.

Natural weather patterns in the Antarctic also affect ozone hole levels, which peak in the fall. And the past couple years, the holes have been a bit bigger because of that but the overall trend is one of healing, Newman said.

This is "saving 2 million people every year from skin cancer," United Nations Environment Programme Director Inger Andersen told The Associated Press earlier this year in an email.

A few years ago emissions of one of the banned chemicals, chlorofluorocarbon-11 (CFC-11), stopped shrinking and was rising. Rogue emissions were spotted in part of China but now have gone back down to where they are expected, Newman said.

A third generation of those chemicals, called HFC, was banned a few years ago not because it would eat at the ozone layer but because it is a heat-trapping greenhouse gas. The new report says that the ban would avoid 0.5 to 0.9 degrees (0.3 to 0.5 degrees Celsius) of additional warming.

The report also warned that efforts to artificially cool the planet by putting aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect the sunlight would thin the ozone layer by as much as 20% in Antarctica.


confusing...

Of course it's confusing. It's a pile of buzzwords upon buzzwords. It's meaningless.


LOL how easily the government goons give up when pressed by genuine talent


If I go away, does the truth go with me? or does it remain?


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 01:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I didn't find it confusing at all. I read this far....

Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop


...and I knew instantly this had nothing to do with ozone and everything to do with global climate change policy. All this article is intended to do is say, "Look! Government policies WILL make a difference. You just need to give up your way of life and most of your money and you will no longer need to fear a spontaneous combustion of planet Earth."

Apparently the high gas prices have opened some minds to the reality that wind and solar are not going to sustain our quality life.

There is, of course, nothing to 'heal'. It's just making up more buzzword to try to justify that fascism works.

The 'hole' stlll naturally occurs in the winter of that pole and does for the same reasons as always: no sunlight.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-01-2023 01:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I was under the impression that the Ozone crisis was solved decades ago... Thought it was accepted that the hole was normal, and expanded/contracted regularly. Sort of like polar ice does every year. It's odd that they claim that the hole is going to be completely mended, but it was never know if the hole had always existed. Just because nobody had ever thought of a purpose for having those holes, doesn't mean they don't perform a vital role. Guess we'll find out in 2066... Why was there even a concern? The holes are over the polar regions. not much naked skin, to get UV cancer. Even the polar bears and penguins cover up.

Can't get sunburn when there is no sun! The 'hole' occurs during the winter of that pole.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-01-2023 01:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
Swan wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://isp.netscape.com/news/world/story/0001/20230109/83794d6e5ae6c4469b60effb185d1509?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9pc3AubmV0c2NhcGUuY29tLz9fZ3VjX2NvbnNlbnRfc2tpcD0xNjczMjg3NTQx&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA9yMmhUYvrSDJ4BwFmp0w8BvOwHdFdsbK9o8OVi6Y8o042qLHxFHl-9PQ1OATJznpToi_jv6hJEfDwQ3d5bfsw1EcrP7DBiZKD03EP7XtrfCrKrE5LfbJwcmbGi9PfUCy5XjjiknQe47GQ3aFADKrK0Bdsbh0GDQpRSGJbD1kIF&_guc_consent_skip=1673287660

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066
By SETH BORENSTEIN
AP Science Writer
DENVER (AP) — Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop producing chemicals that chomp on the layer of ozone in Earth's atmosphere that shields the planet from harmful radiation linked to skin cancer, cataracts and crop damage.

"In the upper stratosphere and in the ozone hole we see things getting better," said Paul Newman, co-chair of the scientific assessment.

The progress is slow, according to the report presented Monday at the American Meteorological Society convention in Denver. The global average amount of ozone 18 miles (30 kilometers) high in the atmosphere won't be back to 1980 pre-thinning levels until about 2040, the report said. And it won't be back to normal in the Arctic until 2045.

Antarctica, where it's so thin there's an annual giant gaping hole in the layer, won't be fully fixed until 2066, the report said.

Scientists and environmental advocates across the world have long hailed the efforts to heal the ozone hole — springing out of a 1987 agreement called the Montreal Protocol that banned a class of chemicals often used in refrigerants and aerosols — as one of the biggest ecological victories for humanity.

"Ozone action sets a precedent for climate action. Our success in phasing out ozone-eating chemicals shows us what can and must be done – as a matter of urgency — to transition away from fossil fuels, reduce greenhouse gases and so limit temperature increase," World Meteorological Organization Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas said in a statement.

Signs of healing were reported four years ago but were slight and more preliminary. "Those numbers of recovery have solidified a lot," Newman said.

The two chief chemicals that munch away at ozone are in lower levels in the atmosphere, said Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Chlorine levels are down 11.5% since they peaked in 1993 and bromine, which is more efficient at eating ozone but is at lower levels in the air, dropped 14.5% since its 1999 peak, the report said.

That bromine and chlorine levels "stopped growing and is coming down is a real testament to the effectiveness of the Montreal Protocol," Newman said.

"There has been a sea change in the way our society deals with ozone depleting substances," said scientific panel co-chair David W. Fahey, director of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's chemical sciences lab.

Decades ago, people could go into a store and buy a can of refrigerants that eat away at the ozone, punch a hole in it and pollute the atmosphere, Fahey said. Now, not only are the substances banned but they are no longer much in people's homes or cars, replaced by cleaner chemicals.

Natural weather patterns in the Antarctic also affect ozone hole levels, which peak in the fall. And the past couple years, the holes have been a bit bigger because of that but the overall trend is one of healing, Newman said.

This is "saving 2 million people every year from skin cancer," United Nations Environment Programme Director Inger Andersen told The Associated Press earlier this year in an email.

A few years ago emissions of one of the banned chemicals, chlorofluorocarbon-11 (CFC-11), stopped shrinking and was rising. Rogue emissions were spotted in part of China but now have gone back down to where they are expected, Newman said.

A third generation of those chemicals, called HFC, was banned a few years ago not because it would eat at the ozone layer but because it is a heat-trapping greenhouse gas. The new report says that the ban would avoid 0.5 to 0.9 degrees (0.3 to 0.5 degrees Celsius) of additional warming.

The report also warned that efforts to artificially cool the planet by putting aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect the sunlight would thin the ozone layer by as much as 20% in Antarctica.


confusing...

Of course it's confusing. It's a pile of buzzwords upon buzzwords. It's meaningless.


...deleted Mantra 40a...


...deleted Mantra 40a...


No argument presented. Trolling.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-01-2023 01:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
Swan wrote:If I go away, does the truth go with me? or does it remain?

Yes, if you go away, the truth remains.
11-01-2023 01:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://isp.netscape.com/news/world/story/0001/20230109/83794d6e5ae6c4469b60effb185d1509?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9pc3AubmV0c2NhcGUuY29tLz9fZ3VjX2NvbnNlbnRfc2tpcD0xNjczMjg3NTQx&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA9yMmhUYvrSDJ4BwFmp0w8BvOwHdFdsbK9o8OVi6Y8o042qLHxFHl-9PQ1OATJznpToi_jv6hJEfDwQ3d5bfsw1EcrP7DBiZKD03EP7XtrfCrKrE5LfbJwcmbGi9PfUCy5XjjiknQe47GQ3aFADKrK0Bdsbh0GDQpRSGJbD1kIF&_guc_consent_skip=1673287660

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066
By SETH BORENSTEIN
AP Science Writer
DENVER (AP) — Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop producing chemicals that chomp on the layer of ozone in Earth's atmosphere that shields the planet from harmful radiation linked to skin cancer, cataracts and crop damage.

"In the upper stratosphere and in the ozone hole we see things getting better," said Paul Newman, co-chair of the scientific assessment.

The progress is slow, according to the report presented Monday at the American Meteorological Society convention in Denver. The global average amount of ozone 18 miles (30 kilometers) high in the atmosphere won't be back to 1980 pre-thinning levels until about 2040, the report said. And it won't be back to normal in the Arctic until 2045.

Antarctica, where it's so thin there's an annual giant gaping hole in the layer, won't be fully fixed until 2066, the report said.

Scientists and environmental advocates across the world have long hailed the efforts to heal the ozone hole — springing out of a 1987 agreement called the Montreal Protocol that banned a class of chemicals often used in refrigerants and aerosols — as one of the biggest ecological victories for humanity.

"Ozone action sets a precedent for climate action. Our success in phasing out ozone-eating chemicals shows us what can and must be done – as a matter of urgency — to transition away from fossil fuels, reduce greenhouse gases and so limit temperature increase," World Meteorological Organization Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas said in a statement.

Signs of healing were reported four years ago but were slight and more preliminary. "Those numbers of recovery have solidified a lot," Newman said.

The two chief chemicals that munch away at ozone are in lower levels in the atmosphere, said Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Chlorine levels are down 11.5% since they peaked in 1993 and bromine, which is more efficient at eating ozone but is at lower levels in the air, dropped 14.5% since its 1999 peak, the report said.

That bromine and chlorine levels "stopped growing and is coming down is a real testament to the effectiveness of the Montreal Protocol," Newman said.

"There has been a sea change in the way our society deals with ozone depleting substances," said scientific panel co-chair David W. Fahey, director of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's chemical sciences lab.

Decades ago, people could go into a store and buy a can of refrigerants that eat away at the ozone, punch a hole in it and pollute the atmosphere, Fahey said. Now, not only are the substances banned but they are no longer much in people's homes or cars, replaced by cleaner chemicals.

Natural weather patterns in the Antarctic also affect ozone hole levels, which peak in the fall. And the past couple years, the holes have been a bit bigger because of that but the overall trend is one of healing, Newman said.

This is "saving 2 million people every year from skin cancer," United Nations Environment Programme Director Inger Andersen told The Associated Press earlier this year in an email.

A few years ago emissions of one of the banned chemicals, chlorofluorocarbon-11 (CFC-11), stopped shrinking and was rising. Rogue emissions were spotted in part of China but now have gone back down to where they are expected, Newman said.

A third generation of those chemicals, called HFC, was banned a few years ago not because it would eat at the ozone layer but because it is a heat-trapping greenhouse gas. The new report says that the ban would avoid 0.5 to 0.9 degrees (0.3 to 0.5 degrees Celsius) of additional warming.

The report also warned that efforts to artificially cool the planet by putting aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect the sunlight would thin the ozone layer by as much as 20% in Antarctica.


confusing...

Of course it's confusing. It's a pile of buzzwords upon buzzwords. It's meaningless.


...deleted Mantra 40a...


...deleted Mantra 40a...


No argument presented. Trolling.


Agreed as I do not argue with 8 year old government employed downs syndrome patients like you


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 01:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:If I go away, does the truth go with me? or does it remain?

Yes, if you go away, the truth remains.


See, you took your meds and out comes logic. Unfortunately, you are not dependable with your doses


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 02:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://isp.netscape.com/news/world/story/0001/20230109/83794d6e5ae6c4469b60effb185d1509?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9pc3AubmV0c2NhcGUuY29tLz9fZ3VjX2NvbnNlbnRfc2tpcD0xNjczMjg3NTQx&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA9yMmhUYvrSDJ4BwFmp0w8BvOwHdFdsbK9o8OVi6Y8o042qLHxFHl-9PQ1OATJznpToi_jv6hJEfDwQ3d5bfsw1EcrP7DBiZKD03EP7XtrfCrKrE5LfbJwcmbGi9PfUCy5XjjiknQe47GQ3aFADKrK0Bdsbh0GDQpRSGJbD1kIF&_guc_consent_skip=1673287660

UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066
By SETH BORENSTEIN
AP Science Writer
DENVER (AP) — Earth's protective ozone layer is slowly but noticeably healing at a pace that would fully mend the hole over Antarctica in about 43 years, a new United Nations report says.

A once-every-four-years scientific assessment found recovery in progress, more than 35 years after every nation in the world agreed to stop producing chemicals that chomp on the layer of ozone in Earth's atmosphere that shields the planet from harmful radiation linked to skin cancer, cataracts and crop damage.

"In the upper stratosphere and in the ozone hole we see things getting better," said Paul Newman, co-chair of the scientific assessment.

The progress is slow, according to the report presented Monday at the American Meteorological Society convention in Denver. The global average amount of ozone 18 miles (30 kilometers) high in the atmosphere won't be back to 1980 pre-thinning levels until about 2040, the report said. And it won't be back to normal in the Arctic until 2045.

Antarctica, where it's so thin there's an annual giant gaping hole in the layer, won't be fully fixed until 2066, the report said.

Scientists and environmental advocates across the world have long hailed the efforts to heal the ozone hole — springing out of a 1987 agreement called the Montreal Protocol that banned a class of chemicals often used in refrigerants and aerosols — as one of the biggest ecological victories for humanity.

"Ozone action sets a precedent for climate action. Our success in phasing out ozone-eating chemicals shows us what can and must be done – as a matter of urgency — to transition away from fossil fuels, reduce greenhouse gases and so limit temperature increase," World Meteorological Organization Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas said in a statement.

Signs of healing were reported four years ago but were slight and more preliminary. "Those numbers of recovery have solidified a lot," Newman said.

The two chief chemicals that munch away at ozone are in lower levels in the atmosphere, said Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Chlorine levels are down 11.5% since they peaked in 1993 and bromine, which is more efficient at eating ozone but is at lower levels in the air, dropped 14.5% since its 1999 peak, the report said.

That bromine and chlorine levels "stopped growing and is coming down is a real testament to the effectiveness of the Montreal Protocol," Newman said.

"There has been a sea change in the way our society deals with ozone depleting substances," said scientific panel co-chair David W. Fahey, director of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's chemical sciences lab.

Decades ago, people could go into a store and buy a can of refrigerants that eat away at the ozone, punch a hole in it and pollute the atmosphere, Fahey said. Now, not only are the substances banned but they are no longer much in people's homes or cars, replaced by cleaner chemicals.

Natural weather patterns in the Antarctic also affect ozone hole levels, which peak in the fall. And the past couple years, the holes have been a bit bigger because of that but the overall trend is one of healing, Newman said.

This is "saving 2 million people every year from skin cancer," United Nations Environment Programme Director Inger Andersen told The Associated Press earlier this year in an email.

A few years ago emissions of one of the banned chemicals, chlorofluorocarbon-11 (CFC-11), stopped shrinking and was rising. Rogue emissions were spotted in part of China but now have gone back down to where they are expected, Newman said.

A third generation of those chemicals, called HFC, was banned a few years ago not because it would eat at the ozone layer but because it is a heat-trapping greenhouse gas. The new report says that the ban would avoid 0.5 to 0.9 degrees (0.3 to 0.5 degrees Celsius) of additional warming.

The report also warned that efforts to artificially cool the planet by putting aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect the sunlight would thin the ozone layer by as much as 20% in Antarctica.


confusing...

Of course it's confusing. It's a pile of buzzwords upon buzzwords. It's meaningless.


...deleted Mantra 40a...

...deleted Mantra 40a...

No argument presented. Trolling.

...deleted Mantra 40a...

No argument presented. Trolling.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-01-2023 02:59
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
Agreed as I do not argue with 8 year old government employed downs syndrome patients like you


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 07:30
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4522)
Swan wrote:
Agreed as I do not argue with 8 year old government employed downs syndrome patients like you


Agreed. You don't argue, period...
11-01-2023 14:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Agreed as I do not argue with 8 year old government employed downs syndrome patients like you


Agreed. You don't argue, period...


Why would I argue with the idiotic children that babble here? LOL the fact is that you just want your nonsense to be taken seriously and I know that you are all jokes. Besides I am correct and you are wrong, so what is there for me to argue?

Now go stroke your meat some more kid


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 15:26
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Agreed. You don't argue, period...
Why would I argue with the idiotic children that babble here?

The reason you would argue with people you mischaracterize has nothing to do with you not arguing, period.

You have once again completely EVADED the topic of discussion in order to interject unrelated material. In other words, spam.

Swan wrote: LOL the fact is that you just want your nonsense to be taken seriously

This is not a fact of the matter.

Swan wrote:and I know that you are all jokes.

You routinely conflate your beliefs with knowledge.

Swan wrote: Besides I am correct and you are wrong,

Incorrect.

Swan wrote:so what is there for me to argue?

Any of the countless related points.

.
Edited on 11-01-2023 15:28
11-01-2023 15:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Agreed. You don't argue, period...
Why would I argue with the idiotic children that babble here?

The reason you would argue with people you mischaracterize has nothing to do with you not arguing, period.

You have once again completely EVADED the topic of discussion in order to interject unrelated material. In other words, spam.

Swan wrote: LOL the fact is that you just want your nonsense to be taken seriously

This is not a fact of the matter.

Swan wrote:and I know that you are all jokes.

You routinely conflate your beliefs with knowledge.

Swan wrote: Besides I am correct and you are wrong,

Incorrect.

Swan wrote:so what is there for me to argue?

Any of the countless related points.

.


Claims the moron who says that the Earth has no climate just like the moon has no climate.

You may resume your verbal masturbations now


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 16:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
Swan wrote:Claims the moron who says that the Earth has no climate just like the moon has no climate.

40a
11-01-2023 17:03
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3264)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Claims the moron who says that the Earth has no climate just like the moon has no climate.

40a

I got a feeling that I'm gonna be seeing A LOT of '40a' responses to pretty much anything that Swan says...
11-01-2023 18:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
Claims the moron who says that the Earth has no climate just like the moon has no climate.


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 18:22
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3264)
Swan wrote:
Claims the moron who says that the Earth has no climate just like the moon has no climate.

40a.
11-01-2023 19:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Claims the moron who says that the Earth has no climate just like the moon has no climate.

40a.

Literally no one cares


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 19:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:Claims the moron who says that the Earth has no climate just like the moon has no climate.
40a.
Literally no one cares

You literally cared enough to make the effort to comment.
11-01-2023 19:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:Claims the moron who says that the Earth has no climate just like the moon has no climate.
40a.
Literally no one cares

You literally cared enough to make the effort to comment.


Says the idiot who claims that the Earth has no climate just like the moon.

No matter however because literally no one cares enough to argue with your delusions


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 11-01-2023 19:37
11-01-2023 19:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
Swan wrote:Says the idiot who claims that the Earth has no climate just like the moon.

40a
11-01-2023 21:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the idiot who claims that the Earth has no climate just like the moon.

40a


Says the idiot who claims that the Earth has no climate just like the moon.


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 21:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the idiot who claims that the Earth has no climate just like the moon.
40a
Says the idiot who claims that the Earth has no climate just like the moon.

Nested 40a
11-01-2023 22:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the idiot who claims that the Earth has no climate just like the moon.
40a
Says the idiot who claims that the Earth has no climate just like the moon.

Nested 40a


Really they nested in your brain 40 years ago?

R U sure


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-01-2023 23:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:...deleted Mantra 40a...
40a
...deleted Mantra 40a...

Nested 40a

Really ...deleted Mantra 40a...

40a.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-01-2023 23:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
LOL, have you always wanted to be a troll?


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
12-01-2023 02:18
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4522)
Climate is a description of how you perceive the environment around you. There is possible way to experience the entire planet, all at the same moment in time.

The so-called global climate, is a 30 year average, right? An average, is a ratio of two or more data points. But, totally meaningless if you are comparing two or more dissimilar things. The polar climate is never, ever similar to tropical climate. There is no chance of an overlap, anytime.
12-01-2023 02:57
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate is a description of how you perceive the environment around you. There is possible way to experience the entire planet, all at the same moment in time.

The so-called global climate, is a 30 year average, right? An average, is a ratio of two or more data points. But, totally meaningless if you are comparing two or more dissimilar things. The polar climate is never, ever similar to tropical climate. There is no chance of an overlap, anytime.


So you also believe that the Earth has no global climate like the Moon. Seriously get medicated


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
12-01-2023 04:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
HarveyH55 wrote:The so-called global climate, is a 30 year average, right? An average, is a ratio of two or more data points. But, totally meaningless if you are comparing two or more dissimilar things.

Exactly. What is the average coin flip? What is the average number of children in a family? What is the average material substance? What is the average of all weather? What number is the most average? What is the average shape?

After we realize the worthlessness of averages with regard to the global climate, we can then work on realizing the worthlessness of standard deviations.
12-01-2023 04:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
Swan wrote:So you also believe that the Earth has no global climate like the Moon. Seriously get medicated

40a
12-01-2023 07:53
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4522)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate is a description of how you perceive the environment around you. There is possible way to experience the entire planet, all at the same moment in time.

The so-called global climate, is a 30 year average, right? An average, is a ratio of two or more data points. But, totally meaningless if you are comparing two or more dissimilar things. The polar climate is never, ever similar to tropical climate. There is no chance of an overlap, anytime.


So you also believe that the Earth has no global climate like the Moon. Seriously get medicated


Global climate is meaningless fantasy, delusional. You easily fall under the marketing spell, lacking the cognitive skills, or mental-muscle to realize it's totally made up bullshit. The lack of glacier moraines in Florida, should be a huge red flag, that not ever place on the planet experiences Arctic conditions.

Maybe you should stop medicating, and let the chemical-fog to lift. Obviously the drugs are blocking much of your 130 IQ...
12-01-2023 15:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
HarveyH55 wrote:Global climate is meaningless fantasy, delusional. You easily fall under the marketing spell, lacking the cognitive skills, or mental-muscle to realize it's totally made up bullshit.

Many dishonest people have found the Global Warming religion to be extremely potent in manipulating gullible people, such as Swan. Marxists obviously capitalize on the fear-and-panic angle to attack capitalism in all forms. This had the effect of creating conditions for competing religions to emerge that similarly leverage Global Warming doctrines, e.g. the global climate, but whose message is that there is no impending catastrophe. These religions serve to manipulate gullible people like Swan for their political voices, knowing that they will willingly delude themselves to any required level of irrationality, even to the point of believing that the church clergy has varying levels of omniscience.

Corporations also target these same gullible people for easy money and to artificially prop up their stock values by instructing them to believe in, and to buy into, non-existent products and services like "quantum computing."

HarveyH55 wrote: The lack of glacier moraines in Florida, should be a huge red flag, that not every place on the planet experiences Arctic conditions.

Whereas no rational person would have any reason to believe that Florida was ever buried under ice, gullible people such as Swan can be made to believe that their church clergy are omniscient and that they know Florida was buried under ice 20,000 years ago, thus resolving that issue for us mere mortals.
.
12-01-2023 19:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(3136)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate is a description of how you perceive the environment around you. There is possible way to experience the entire planet, all at the same moment in time.

The so-called global climate, is a 30 year average, right? An average, is a ratio of two or more data points. But, totally meaningless if you are comparing two or more dissimilar things. The polar climate is never, ever similar to tropical climate. There is no chance of an overlap, anytime.


So you also believe that the Earth has no global climate like the Moon. Seriously get medicated


Global climate is meaningless fantasy, delusional. You easily fall under the marketing spell, lacking the cognitive skills, or mental-muscle to realize it's totally made up bullshit. The lack of glacier moraines in Florida, should be a huge red flag, that not ever place on the planet experiences Arctic conditions.

Maybe you should stop medicating, and let the chemical-fog to lift. Obviously the drugs are blocking much of your 130 IQ...


LOL if the Earth has no climate, what makes the Earth different than the Moon? Really kid you need to take your pills

The Earth's climate system consists of air, water, land, and life (or, as they are often called, the atmosphere, hydrosphere, geosphere, and biosphere). Phenomena outside of the Earth (mainly the sun, but also cosmic dust and meteorite impacts) also affect its climate.


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Page 1 of 3123>





Join the debate UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 2066:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
CO2 Is Helping the Ozone Layer to Recover113-08-2022 05:54
Are We on the Brink of a 'New Little Ice Age? Woods Hole Oceanographic15819-02-2021 02:07
High CO2 levels can destabilize marine layer clouds106-03-2019 22:01
What would be temperature near surface if there is no ozone layer in stratosphere?207-01-2019 19:26
CO2 is causing ozone depletion, cause of climate change?1126-11-2018 22:53
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact