Remember me
▼ Content

UN Climate Talks

UN Climate Talks28-06-2019 02:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/heat-wave-outside-has-little-impact-on-un-climate-talks/962147766

The more I read this stuff, and learn, I still can't understand how anyone could be buying this crap. From the beginning of the industrial era, until the end of this century, they hope to cap global warming to 1.5 degrees celsius. 300 years for a 1.5 degree increase? That works out to small fractional degree yearly, even by the decade, don't see how it would stand out, too much variance. But, these people are convinced there is warming, it's only caused by man-made CO2, which is 0.04% of the atmosphere, actually less, since that is the total, least near Hawaii. Both are very tiny numbers to begin with, a stretch over centuries. I'm not sure if it's been addressed, but they don't seem to discuss it much, but is there cap to the warming, or are we looking at thermal runaway? There must be a natural high temperature cap, or we would have been burned up long time ago. Obviously a cap, would be bad for the warming project, and not a question easy to get them to answer, but there must be something keeping us from getting too hot to survive. We broke a record high the other day, also a record high electric demand as well. Didn't catch the actual number, but the previous record was set three years ago. The demand record isn't so unusual, many people migrating to Florida every year, some legally. We've been attracting a lot of large business and industries over the past eight years or so. Theme parks have been expanding quite a bit these past years, with movie themed attractions as well. Guess we burned a lot of coal this past week or so, guess it'll get hotter soon.
28-06-2019 03:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/heat-wave-outside-has-little-impact-on-un-climate-talks/962147766

The more I read this stuff, and learn, I still can't understand how anyone could be buying this crap. From the beginning of the industrial era, until the end of this century, they hope to cap global warming to 1.5 degrees celsius. 300 years for a 1.5 degree increase? That works out to small fractional degree yearly, even by the decade, don't see how it would stand out, too much variance. But, these people are convinced there is warming, it's only caused by man-made CO2, which is 0.04% of the atmosphere, actually less, since that is the total, least near Hawaii. Both are very tiny numbers to begin with, a stretch over centuries. I'm not sure if it's been addressed, but they don't seem to discuss it much, but is there cap to the warming, or are we looking at thermal runaway? There must be a natural high temperature cap, or we would have been burned up long time ago. Obviously a cap, would be bad for the warming project, and not a question easy to get them to answer, but there must be something keeping us from getting too hot to survive. We broke a record high the other day, also a record high electric demand as well. Didn't catch the actual number, but the previous record was set three years ago. The demand record isn't so unusual, many people migrating to Florida every year, some legally. We've been attracting a lot of large business and industries over the past eight years or so. Theme parks have been expanding quite a bit these past years, with movie themed attractions as well. Guess we burned a lot of coal this past week or so, guess it'll get hotter soon.

Florida should have a 'Climate Change' theme park. You've got just about every other kind there!

* You could experience the ultimate ice bucket challenge with the Melting Arctic ride!
* You could ride the Melting Glacier flume ride!
* You could experience the intense temperatures on the Global Disaster ride! See the real wildfire effects!
* Ride the Climate Storm rollercoaster! Experience the deluge of flood waters, intense lightning effects, feel the dust and the wind of Drought Tunnel, dive into the Whirlwind turn!
* Put on your hazmat suits and ride the Acid Trip Submarine! See the melting sea life for yourself! Watch coral reefs dissolve! Experience the thrill of a massive undersea oil spill!
* Visit a real greenhouse. Experience real Greenhouse Gas! An Oxygen Bar is nearby when you exit!
* Ride the Tipping Point! How far can you tip before the Ride is Over and you return to a ruined Earth?
* When you're hungry you could enjoy lunch at the Renewable Energy bar!
* Sequester your carbon afterwards at the modern restroom facilities the don't use a drop of precious water! See the real moon on the door!

Lines are always short for Believers because you have the Earth Ticket. Bypass the long Denier lines.

Only $14.95 at the gate, plus federal and state taxes and of course the $250 carbon tax per person!

Opening in 2030!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 28-06-2019 03:49
28-06-2019 04:28
(5195)
Only $14.95? A one day, one park ticket for Disney has been over $100 for a few years, thinh its around $120 this year. And they have all kinds of gocha's too, the expect you to bring lots of kids too, who need to be bribe to behave in public these days.

Maybe they could offset the price impact a little, by promising to donate a portion to the Al Gore Foundation for Climate Abuse...
28-06-2019 05:11
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Only $14.95? A one day, one park ticket for Disney has been over $100 for a few years, thinh its around $120 this year. And they have all kinds of gocha's too, the expect you to bring lots of kids too, who need to be bribe to behave in public these days.

Maybe they could offset the price impact a little, by promising to donate a portion to the Al Gore Foundation for Climate Abuse...

That's the $250 carbon tax. It goes to the park to offset the carbon emissions in the park.

No gotchas. Just the one at the gate, and of course the cost of your lunch which is high, due to the cost of renewable energy. You get small portions too, just like what you get out of renewable energy.

It's very realistic, you see.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-06-2019 19:40
(5195)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

That's the $250 carbon tax. It goes to the park to offset the carbon emissions in the park.

No gotchas. Just the one at the gate, and of course the cost of your lunch which is high, due to the cost of renewable energy. You get small portions too, just like what you get out of renewable energy.

It's very realistic, you see.

Wonder how they would charge for parking, or if they would force everyone to ride the ObamaTrain. They would need many acres of solar panels and windmills to power such a park. Wouldn't like right, if guests arrive in carbon fuel burning cars
28-06-2019 20:15
(21559)
No solar panels or windmills. They are out of sight, out of mind, you see.

I like the idea of the ObamaTrain. Perhaps the parking would be called a 'carbon tax'. SUVs would be charged a higher rate.

Parking for electric cars would have no charging stations because there are no solar panels or windmills. The ObamaTrain wouldn't serve that garage, but bicycles are provided to ride along a closed path or they can walk and get run over by the bicycles.
01-07-2019 21:52
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Florida should have a 'Climate Change' theme park. You've got just about every other kind there!

* You could experience the ultimate ice bucket challenge with the Melting Arctic ride!
* You could experience the intense temperatures on the Global Disaster ride! See the real wildfire effects!
* Ride the Climate Storm rollercoaster! Experience the deluge of flood waters, intense lightning effects, feel the dust and the wind of Drought Tunnel, dive into the Whirlwind turn!
* Put on your hazmat suits and ride the Acid Trip Submarine! See the melting sea life for yourself! Watch coral reefs dissolve! Experience the thrill of a massive undersea oil spill!
* Visit a real greenhouse. Experience real Greenhouse Gas! An Oxygen Bar is nearby when you exit!
* Ride the Tipping Point! How far can you tip before the Ride is Over and you return to a ruined Earth?
* Sequester your carbon afterwards at the modern restroom facilities the don't use a drop of precious water! See the real moon on the door!

Lines are always short for Believers because you have the Earth Ticket. Bypass the long Denier lines.

Only $14.95 at the gate, plus federal and state taxes and of course the $250 carbon tax per person!

Opening in 2030!

Awwwwww MANNNNNNNNNN.... I wanted to ride around the whole theme park on a monorail so that I could have a bird's eye view of the "Climate vs. Global Warming" battlefield...... shucks...

Also, is this theme park powered entirely by "holy sources" of energy? --- EDIT: I now caught your "carbon tax" bit, so the use of "unholy energy" is being "offset", so that makes me "feel better about it".
Edited on 01-07-2019 21:56
01-07-2019 22:41
(21559)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Opening in 2030!

Awwwwww MANNNNNNNNNN.... I wanted to ride around the whole theme park on a monorail so that I could have a bird's eye view of the "Climate vs. Global Warming" battlefield...... shucks...

Also, is this theme park powered entirely by "holy sources" of energy? --- EDIT: I now caught your "carbon tax" bit, so the use of "unholy energy" is being "offset", so that makes me "feel better about it".

Thought you might like the idea.

I'm thinking I should add a new one:
Feeling hot? Cool off at the Rising Seas theater. Every seat guaranteed to get wet. Government issue defective life jackets are provided for only for the first two rows.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 01-07-2019 22:45
02-07-2019 06:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:I'm thinking I should add a new one:

Feeling hot? Cool off at the Rising Seas theater. Every seat guaranteed to get wet. Government issue defective life jackets are provided for only for the first two rows.

I'd like to add a "Coral Bleaching Pool" for the kids. They can press a button, turn up the water temperature and make the corals turn white.

When they push the button, tanks will shoot streams of CO2 bubbles like jacuzzi and the button will be labelled "ACIDIFY!"

Game tickets will be dispensed based on the number of corals bleached, which can be redeemed for Climate prizes, like wax polar bears, saved Cuban athletes, plastic tipping points, etc...

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-07-2019 19:12
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:

I'd like to add a "Coral Bleaching Pool" for the kids. They can press a button, turn up the water temperature and make the corals turn white.

When they push the button, tanks will shoot streams of CO2 bubbles like jacuzzi and the button will be labelled "ACIDIFY!"

Game tickets will be dispensed based on the number of corals bleached, which can be redeemed for Climate prizes, like wax polar bears, saved Cuban athletes, plastic tipping points, etc...

We can make it part of the Acid Trip Submarine ride, or put it next to that.

The Parrot Killer

03-07-2019 15:22
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Sure, can the park to be overrun by iguanas?

Some other features that would be more-or-less mandated by the DNC if we are to get any sort of Federal funding:

* "viewing areas" with stadium seating where people can view the complete absence of all the species made extinct by man-made Climate Change

* An obligatory monument to the Carbon BIGFOOT-print
** Situated at the monument should be the Climate Commune where people can stop eating meat, plant a garden, wash their clothes in a river, and can engage in arts and crafts that don't involve plastic straws.

* Climate Accord Theater - Featuring the Paris Players and the Kyoto Protocols, where refreshments are served, and hors d'oeuvres, and champagne and caviar and steak and lobster dinners, and where room service is provided if you can't make the show.

* The Carbon Tax Fleecing Pen - where you and the entire family can be "shorn" into saving the planet. The kids will get to fill out various tax forms, just like adults, and will get certificates and awards for their climate science.

* The scary carnival ride "The Existential Threat" where all the operators wear MAGA hats.

To shuttle visitors between attractions there will have to be Al Gore's private jets.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-07-2019 17:42
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Sure, can the park to be overrun by iguanas?

Some other features that would be more-or-less mandated by the DNC if we are to get any sort of Federal funding:

* "viewing areas" with stadium seating where people can view the complete absence of all the species made extinct by man-made Climate Change

* An obligatory monument to the Carbon BIGFOOT-print
** Situated at the monument should be the Climate Commune where people can stop eating meat, plant a garden, wash their clothes in a river, and can engage in arts and crafts that don't involve plastic straws.

* Climate Accord Theater - Featuring the Paris Players and the Kyoto Protocols, where refreshments are served, and hors d'oeuvres, and champagne and caviar and steak and lobster dinners, and where room service is provided if you can't make the show.

* The Carbon Tax Fleecing Pen - where you and the entire family can be "shorn" into saving the planet. The kids will get to fill out various tax forms, just like adults, and will get certificates and awards for their climate science.

* The scary carnival ride "The Existential Threat" where all the operators wear MAGA hats.

To shuttle visitors between attractions there will have to be Al Gore's private jets.

I like the idea of Al Gore private jets instead of the park train. We can have a Hanging Chad ride as well.

We could build a shooting gallery for the iguanas.

Instead of a viewing area of extinct species, we could have an It's a Dead World ride. You know, animatronics of spotted owls getting shot, polar bears drowning, seagulls choking on plastic straws, etc.; all singing a happy, possibly somewhat recognizable tune.

Oh, and don't forget to ride The Inferno, a high speed roller coaster trip through burning deserts and drought, forest fires, and the final catastrophic drop into Hell on Earth itself!

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 03-07-2019 17:48
03-07-2019 18:20
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:* The scary carnival ride "The Existential Threat" where all the operators wear MAGA hats.

We can have a Hanging Chad ride as well.

We could actually combine the two into this.

04-07-2019 03:18
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
You guys have this covered pretty well. However, I am wondering....

For those who get a little chilly in the evening, will there be complimentary majik blankets?
04-07-2019 09:38
(21559)
GasGuzzler wrote:

For those who get a little chilly in the evening, will there be complimentary majik blankets?

Of course. It's only expected as they watch the magick bouncing photons in the sky during the fireworks.

The Parrot Killer

04-07-2019 17:19
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Of course. It's only expected as they watch the magick bouncing photons in the sky during the fireworks.

Nope. That will be the "Radiance Reduction Laserium" in which no flash photography will be permitted, nor any offshore drilling for oil. Visitors will watch how photons replicate as they change form (wavelengths) while bouncing around and being "slowed." Photons that are "incarcerated" will not be permitted to escape into space. Warm, comfy blankets will indeed be provided as proof of Global Warming.

An annex to the Laserium will hold the Global Average Temperature Lab in which kids can gather photons with special nets, keep them from "escaping" and notice how the temperature continues to increases in the lab as they do.

To pay for the Laserium, the top 1% will be taxed $70 Trillion.

04-07-2019 23:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Great ideas, but taxing the top 1% may piss them off a little. I think we need the ride of all rides to offset this emotion. We'll call it The GasGuzzler 24/7. It will be a virtual simulator.

The simulation will be 24 hours compressed into 7 minutes. The participant will be at the controls and the idea is to navigate the globe at lightning speed in the most fuel efficient way, and without overheating the gas guzzling engine. Engine temperatures will be monitored by virtual satellite network.

Points will be awarded for passing each area effected by climate change and bonus points for capturing greenhouse gasses in the neutralizer net. Areas more negatively affected by climate change are worth more points incrementally. The rider must do all this in the most efficient way.

Back tracking, inefficient fuel use, hitting iguanas, missing high concentrations of methane...those will be point deductions. The score will be quantified by state of the art computers using proxy data to average your scores with other players and non participants.

Each day a winner will be chosen and awarded a free ride on the "ALgoJET" to a destination unaffected by climate change of theme park management's choosing.

Fine print: In the likely scenario you find yourself a winner and going nowhere on the ALgoJET, it is because there is no destination on Earth unaffected by climate change and we have offered an impossible prize...hee hee hee!
Edited on 04-07-2019 23:16

Join the debate UN Climate Talks:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
UK talks big on Climate Change, but will they do it?903-05-2019 11:36
Here in China, anyone who talks about global warming will be labeled a liberal and arrested and locked up5124-12-2016 04:51
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact