Remember me
▼ Content

UK Protesters?

UK Protesters?18-04-2019 02:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/uk-climate-protesters-block-roads-glue-themselves-to-train/940903370

Do these people even understand what they are protesting? Mass transit is suppose to be a 'greener' solution, as it takes hundreds, if not thousands of individual vehicles off the roads. If you're protesting inaction, why shut down what little action is being taken? If people can't rely on mass transit, wouldn't they be inclined to go back to driving their own cars. Maybe UK mass transit is like a luxury cruise, compared to driving yourself, free tea or warm beer (gross). My few experience here in America, were not very pleasant, doubt I'd get use to it, or ever enjoy such a thing. Seriously doubt the main polluters and policy makers us mass transit either, so what's the point? Wonder if they'll turn violent, and bust up some solar farms, because they aren't replacing coal burning generators fast enough...
18-04-2019 05:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21592)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/uk-climate-protesters-block-roads-glue-themselves-to-train/940903370

Do these people even understand what they are protesting?

No. Protesting is like a party. It is a party with their Comrades to celebrate their own Marxism. What point is being made is quite secondary, if there is one at all. We are approaching summer days now; protest season.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Mass transit is suppose to be a 'greener' solution, as it takes hundreds, if not thousands of individual vehicles off the roads. If you're protesting inaction, why shut down what little action is being taken? If people can't rely on mass transit, wouldn't they be inclined to go back to driving their own cars.
Quite right. Again, that's not the point. The point is to celebrate time with their Comrades.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Maybe UK mass transit is like a luxury cruise, compared to driving yourself, free tea or warm beer (gross).
Depends on where you are. In London, mass transit is actually a pretty good way to get around. Out north of London, however, it becomes more impractical and you see more cars.
HarveyH55 wrote:
My few experience here in America, were not very pleasant, doubt I'd get use to it, or ever enjoy such a thing.
America is uniquely unfit for mass transit for anything other than city transit, such as buses. The problem is that America is so spread out. That's why any long distance railroad can only operate as a subsidized operation and only on renting trackspace. It can't make enough money to support itself or even to build it's own track.

One form of mass transportation is successful on its own, and that's the airlines.

Within the cities, light rail generally needs to be subsidized to function at all, and buses are generally government owned and operated.

Here in Washington, we had one private ferry until a few years ago, but that is no longer in service. All ferries are now government owned and operated.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Seriously doubt the main polluters and policy makers us mass transit either, so what's the point? Wonder if they'll turn violent, and bust up some solar farms, because they aren't replacing coal burning generators fast enough...

Possibly.
It's about the party and celebrating their mutual Marxism. It is not about any sense.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-04-2019 21:37
(5196)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/london-climatechange-protesters-to-disrupt-heathrow-airport/941360655

The plan to celebrate Easter weekend, at the busiest airport. Sounds like the police are ready to party as well. Should be an interesting holiday over there. I wonder how many paid-protesters are involved in these celebrations. I can't imagine so many people would turn out, for the tear gas, water cannons, and beatings. Guess the senseless vandalism and looting make it worthwhile.
18-04-2019 23:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21592)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/london-climatechange-protesters-to-disrupt-heathrow-airport/941360655

The plan to celebrate Easter weekend, at the busiest airport. Sounds like the police are ready to party as well. Should be an interesting holiday over there. I wonder how many paid-protesters are involved in these celebrations. I can't imagine so many people would turn out, for the tear gas, water cannons, and beatings. Guess the senseless vandalism and looting make it worthwhile.

Well, if they want to all get arrested for interfering with airport operations, let 'em.

Governments get serious about protecting their airports.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-04-2019 00:15
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14395)
HarveyH55 wrote: I can't imagine so many people would turn out, for the tear gas, water cannons, and beatings.

You should imagine it. The goal is to be beaten, tear-gassed and arrested on camera. The cameras, however, will not be running prior to that when the protesters menace and attack the cops.

A strategically edited video of all the "police brutality" and "unprovoked abuse of power" will be made available to the 5:00 news.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-04-2019 04:27
(5196)
I think picking a holiday weekend, specially a religious holiday was a bad choice to cripple an airport. People weren't happy over the Gatwick-drone shutdown a couple months ago, but most understood that it was to keep them safe, though probably over-reaction. I don't think too many of the passengers are going to be so understanding toward a group using them to get attention. A confrontation with police might not be their only concern. Seems likely there will be some level of violence there this weekend. The protesters aren't going to generate much sympathy or support with this stunt, likely the opposite.

Join the debate UK Protesters?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
UK Council for Poor Nations2920-04-2023 13:15
Climate protesters block Burrard Street Bridge in Vancouver amid worldwide demonstrations007-10-2019 23:11
Climate change protesters2025-09-2019 19:59
Young Protesters skip school...621-09-2019 14:26
UK talks big on Climate Change, but will they do it?903-05-2019 11:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact