Remember me
▼ Content

Trump Skips another Climate Change Meeting With World Leaders...

Page 3 of 3<123
06-10-2019 09:15
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
James___ wrote:deletes temporary files like cookies. They showed once on the news that many websites will have a few tracking programs.
Incognito windows and better yet tor browsing are good too. But the fact that private companies have a file with the private data of individuals, against their will, is lame.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Privacy online, and on the phone, has always been a myth
Yes but making it legal to violate privacy makes it 10 times worse.
VernerHornung wrote:
Now you have to worry about pronouns. English had five of them in 1980, plus plurals and possessive forms for these. The number has grown to about 42 for New Yorkers since then
Where is Lenny Bruce when you need him! There needs to be some real rebellion against the Orwellian thought police. BUT having people free to define themselves is freedom. We just can't make rudeness illegal and be free. That's the deal. Real freedom means jerks run free.
12-10-2019 04:10
VernerHornungProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(123)
tmiddles wrote:
Where is Lenny Bruce when you need him!

Lenny Bruce had slipped my mind, but yeah. How to Talk Dirty & Influence People, a parody of Dale Carnegie...

Never try to solve an NP-complete problem on your own with pencil & paper.
12-10-2019 18:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:deletes temporary files like cookies. They showed once on the news that many websites will have a few tracking programs.
Incognito windows and better yet tor browsing are good too. But the fact that private companies have a file with the private data of individuals, against their will, is lame.

You volunteered. YOU used Google. YOU used any other website that installs cookies. It is no different than walking the street. People on that street know you are there. Any cop sees you walking by. Travel the same street over and over and that cop and the storekeepers will get to know you.
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Privacy online, and on the phone, has always been a myth
Yes but making it legal to violate privacy makes it 10 times worse.

You want privacy? Stop walking the same street. Stop using the internet. Stay in your house. Never go outdoors. Of course you won't get ultimate privacy anyway because your neighbors know you are some kind of weird hermit that never leaves the house.

The Parrot Killer
12-10-2019 18:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4906)
tmiddles wrote: There needs to be some real rebellion against the Orwellian thought police. BUT having people free to define themselves is freedom. We just can't make rudeness illegal and be free. That's the deal. Real freedom means jerks run free.

Well said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS54CyMLXmI

Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-10-2019 13:44
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: There needs to be some real rebellion against the Orwellian thought police. BUT having people free to define themselves is freedom. We just can't make rudeness illegal and be free. That's the deal. Real freedom means jerks run free.

Well said.
We are in complete agreement on something!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-oV42OMQoE Noam Chomsky defended the right of a guy denying the holocaust. Because you have to be free to think!

Into the Night wrote:
You volunteered. YOU used Google. YOU used any other website that installs cookies.
And Europe recently forced an affirmative consent on that (we've all been clicking through). We decide as a society what the nuances of contract law are. We need to do a better job in the US of protecting the public. We need to change the law. That's the point! What is currently legal is a horrible invasion of privacy based on power not mutual agreement. What if Google needed a signed, in ink, motorized contract from everyone to cross a certain line?

VernerHornung wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Lenny Bruce had slipped my mind, but yeah. How to Talk Dirty & Influence People, a parody of Dale Carnegie...
Ah! He's so good. See him in a small role in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
14-10-2019 17:23
James___
★★★★☆
(1584)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Well said.
We are in complete agreement on something!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-oV42OMQoE Noam Chomsky defended the right of a guy denying the holocaust. Because you have to be free to think!

Into the Night wrote:
You volunteered. YOU used Google. YOU used any other website that installs cookies.
And Europe recently forced an affirmative consent on that (we've all been clicking through). We decide as a society what the nuances of contract law are. We need to do a better job in the US of protecting the public. We need to change the law. That's the point! What is currently legal is a horrible invasion of privacy based on power not mutual agreement. What if Google needed a signed, in ink, motorized contract from everyone to cross a certain line?

VernerHornung wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Ah! He's so good. See him in a small role in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

You know something odd about saying people can be rude to others if they feel like it. I lost a job that way. My coworkers didn't support a disabled Veteran having a family. But when I wanted one, I created a hostile work environment for them.
Even Christians told me that they couldn't allow me to have a family. Am curious at what point did their right to free speech take away my rights?
If people have nothing better to do than to bother someone else, they should get a life instead of saying free speech.
Had a friend from Spain who explained it to me. There used to be common law where people lived their own lives but that was replaced with corporate or as you say, business law.
Thing is, according to business law, has Trump done anything wrong? Can you prove intent? If not then when he cheated on his taxes, his wives and asked Ukraine for a favor, business law can easily be manipulated.
After all, when Trump and his sister increased charges billed to their father, supply and demand. Capitalism. That's actually allowed by law even though they were avoiding the gift tax by using a shell company. Business law can allow for children to overcharge their parent.
So when you say that people can be rude to people who don't want to be bothered by them, then people aren't free to live their own life but can only do what's allowed by any law that applies to a business. Kind of why I think the US is falling apart. As you say, corporate law gives people rights. It doesn't. It makes businesses people. Campaign finance laws have been changed to give corporations the same rights to contribute to campaigns as people.

https://www.npr.org/2014/07/28/335288388/when-did-companies-become-people-excavating-the-legal-evolution
14-10-2019 20:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

For the line you are insisting on, there would be no Google. You couldn't look up any crockpot web pages to cut and paste anymore.

The Parrot Killer
Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate Trump Skips another Climate Change Meeting With World Leaders...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Libertarians will Love what Trump did Today1614-10-2019 02:38
Trump is Required to Help Zelenskyy1911-10-2019 21:28
Trump Sued Over New Coal Rules014-08-2019 02:37
Trump Friend Jeffrey Epstein316-07-2019 20:39
President Trump makes a personal sacrifice, for the country...211-07-2019 17:29
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact