Remember me
▼ Content

Trillion dollar platinum coin

Page 1 of 3123>
Trillion dollar platinum coin17-05-2023 17:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Some have suggested that the Treasury mint a trillion dollar gold coin to pay off some of the national debt rather than printing more treasuries. Does anyone here like that.
17-05-2023 18:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Minting or printing
17-05-2023 18:46
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
keepit wrote:Some have suggested that the Treasury mint a trillion dollar gold coin to pay off some of the national debt rather than printing more treasuries. Does anyone here like that.

This is an old idea that keeps resurfacing. It belongs in the "urban legend" category.

Congress would have to authorize the minting of such coin(s). This represents an unnecessary convolution because Congress can simply authorize the printing of more money.

Oh, and such (a) coin(s) could be of any metal/alloy.
17-05-2023 20:16
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
keepit wrote:
Some have suggested that the Treasury mint a trillion dollar gold coin to pay off some of the national debt rather than printing more treasuries. Does anyone here like that.

Sounds kind of stupid. What would they do with the coin? Give it to China? Why not just pay the fukking debt with gold? Gold is in demand for manufacturing. Probably lots of people would willing to work out a deal. They have plenty in the vault to use. Interest on the debt is pretty huge. Reducing the debt is good investment, if Joe, and Congress would just spend less.

A trillion dollar coin would sit in a secure place. If they paid off the debt with gold, to people who would us it in manufacturing, it creates jobs as well.
17-05-2023 20:56
(14373)
HarveyH55 wrote:Sounds kind of stupid. What would they do with the coin?

Harvey, remember that this scheme is an overconvolution. The minted coins would immediately be stored in a government vault, never to see the light of day, ever.

The thinking behind the scheme is that the government can only print money new money up to the debt ceiling, but it can always print money for all of the assets that it has without concern.

So the scheme holds that the mint should print three $20 Trillion coins and immediately place them in a vault. Now the government has $60 Trillion in assets, against which it could just print up to $60 Trillion of money to just spend, spend, spend.

As I said in my previous post, Congress would have to authorize the minting of those coins, and Congress could just as easily agree to raise the debt ceiling by $60 Trillion.
18-05-2023 00:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
The thing is, raising the debt ceiling results in the us being in more debt, while minting the coin allowing the printing of more cash doesn't result in debt.
I'm not sure minting the coin leads to placing the coin in the vault and that allows the printing of more money. Maybe so. It sounds ok to me in a simple sense.
18-05-2023 01:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:

That doesn't pay off the debt.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-05-2023 01:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
What do you mean?
18-05-2023 03:36
(5193)
So, basically the debt ceiling is just a way to ignore the debt, and authorize more 'borrowing'. So, the politicians can piss it away, steal, and just give away. Debt, is no big deal, since nobody is getting thrown out of the White House, or their kneecaps broken over the debt. Politicians have no benefit from changing the debt tradition. The buy votes, and gain person wealth by ignoring the debt ceiling. None of them is going to throw out a profitable practice, lose their job over it. They keep their job, by delivering the promised 'free-stuff'. Paying off debt is painful, and anyone who suggests it, is the bad guy. No one cares about the debt, since no one is coming to collect on it.
18-05-2023 06:49
(14373)
HarveyH55 wrote:So, basically the debt ceiling is just a way to ignore the debt, and authorize more 'borrowing'.

Not quite. Raising the debt ceiling is the way to ignore the debt.

HarveyH55 wrote: So, the politicians can piss it away, steal, and just give away.

Exactly.

HarveyH55 wrote:Debt, is no big deal, since nobody is getting thrown out of the White House, or their kneecaps broken over the debt.

Correct. Unfortunately, our politicians have discovered that no one will hold any of them individually accountable for the collective decisions of "Congress" and that if they all agree to squander vast amounts of money, there are no consequences for them. Their constituents all demand that they spend more money in their districts, and they only complain if there is not enough spending, so the politicians gladly comply. They all agree to just raise the debt ceiling, borrow more money and waste it. We the People are to blame. We insist on this behavior from our politicians. We demand it or else we throw them out of office as being "ineffective."
18-05-2023 23:04
(21559)
keepit wrote:
What do you mean?

I mean it doesn't pay off the debt. What do you think I mean?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-05-2023 23:11
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
So, basically the debt ceiling is just a way to ignore the debt, and authorize more 'borrowing'. So, the politicians can piss it away, steal, and just give away. Debt, is no big deal, since nobody is getting thrown out of the White House, or their kneecaps broken over the debt. Politicians have no benefit from changing the debt tradition. The buy votes, and gain person wealth by ignoring the debt ceiling. None of them is going to throw out a profitable practice, lose their job over it. They keep their job, by delivering the promised 'free-stuff'. Paying off debt is painful, and anyone who suggests it, is the bad guy. No one cares about the debt, since no one is coming to collect on it.

The ones that loaned the government money collect on it when the bond is paid. If the government reneges on it's debt, those people that loaned the government money and lost it will want to collect it. Will they go to war to get it?

The Parrot Killer

19-05-2023 03:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
keepit wrote:
Minting or printing

If it can be made out of element 115 and operate a coin operated flying saucer I will take two.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
19-05-2023 04:07
(5193)
I don't think 'default' means debt holders will never get paid, just delayed. I don't really think interest on the debt, or any budgeted obligation is at risk. Joe is just faced with cutting back on his 'fun', new spending. Mostly, just making Republicans look like the 'bad guys',if Joe doesn't get what he want. Mostly trying to pressure them to back down, by scaring voters. If it were true, that all those investors stand to lose it all, most would be taking all they can, and running. Never investing again, or Joe would need to sweeten the deal. A lot of retirement savings, 401k, is in bonds. Suppose to be safe, and minimal risk. All 2022, my 401k lost money. Joe won't want a repeat, with the big election coming up. Joe is going to have to make some sort of deal. we will never hear the details though. It'll look like a reasonable compromise, but nothing really changes. Joe won't get all he wants this time, and the spending limits, as always, mean nothing. Joe wants about 3 years worth of borrow-party money, but he can do this all again next year, or the next president the years after...
19-05-2023 13:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think 'default' means debt holders will never get paid, just delayed. I don't really think interest on the debt, or any budgeted obligation is at risk. Joe is just faced with cutting back on his 'fun', new spending. Mostly, just making Republicans look like the 'bad guys',if Joe doesn't get what he want. Mostly trying to pressure them to back down, by scaring voters. If it were true, that all those investors stand to lose it all, most would be taking all they can, and running. Never investing again, or Joe would need to sweeten the deal. A lot of retirement savings, 401k, is in bonds. Suppose to be safe, and minimal risk. All 2022, my 401k lost money. Joe won't want a repeat, with the big election coming up. Joe is going to have to make some sort of deal. we will never hear the details though. It'll look like a reasonable compromise, but nothing really changes. Joe won't get all he wants this time, and the spending limits, as always, mean nothing. Joe wants about 3 years worth of borrow-party money, but he can do this all again next year, or the next president the years after...

Is this the little girls thread discussing magical, mystical, invisible trillion dollar coins? Or is this still the gather info about Swan thread?

You may now continue fingerpainting with your Mommy.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

19-05-2023 15:59
(14373)
Swan wrote:Is this the little girls thread discussing magical, mystical, invisible trillion dollar coins? Or is this still the gather info about Swan thread?

This is the thread that discusses how Swan gave up any chance of having magical gold coins by instead betting the farm that Apple would one day create computers that do nothing at ten million times the speed of light by violating physics, and now tragically he must sleep under a tomato trellis.

19-05-2023 17:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
itn,
When you said paying off debt doesn't pay off debt i just asked you what you meant. As far as i know, minting a coin doesn't create debt.
19-05-2023 18:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Is this the little girls thread discussing magical, mystical, invisible trillion dollar coins? Or is this still the gather info about Swan thread?

This is the thread that discusses how Swan gave up any chance of having magical gold coins by instead betting the farm that Apple would one day create computers that do nothing at ten million times the speed of light by violating physics, and now tragically he must sleep under a tomato trellis.

According to quantum mechanics, you failed before you could even consider succeeding, even at fingerpainting.

ULTRA MAGA

19-05-2023 20:29
(14373)
Swan wrote:According to quantum mechanics, you failed before you could even consider succeeding, even at fingerpainting.

Aaaah, thank you, ... according to quantum mechanics ... which means that is one of the possibilities that we will find out was not the case when we make our observation and collapse the wave function.

[/quote]
19-05-2023 21:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
There are no waves, unless your trailer floats away again.

ULTRA MAGA

19-05-2023 21:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
So the saudi "print" oil which allows them to ask for printed dollars to be transferred to them. We can transfer printed dollars to them because we have printed a platinum trillion dollar coin. This is just speculation but it points out the wierdness of the monetary systems.
19-05-2023 21:52
(14373)
Swan wrote:There are no waves, unless your trailer floats away again.

It's funny how you swear by quantum entanglement, and yet you are clueless on quantum mechanics.

Too funny.
19-05-2023 21:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
There aren't any experts here on quantum mechanics. There are experts on posing however.
19-05-2023 21:58
(14373)
keepit wrote:There aren't any experts here on quantum mechanics. There are experts on posing however.

You don't get to declare what others know and don't know. Why do you somehow believe that you do?
19-05-2023 22:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Of course i get to do that. You can believe me or not.
19-05-2023 22:19
(5193)
keepit wrote:
So the saudi "print" oil which allows them to ask for printed dollars to be transferred to them. We can transfer printed dollars to them because we have printed a platinum trillion dollar coin. This is just speculation but it points out the wierdness of the monetary systems.

The problem is that few people have a spare trillion dollars, to just let sit in a single coin. Only useful, to maybe someone else, who wants to just sit on a trillion dollars. It's only value, would be between people who have no use for the platinum, or the trillion. Small denominations would be more useful, and sought after. There is a monetary value, and a melt value.
19-05-2023 22:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:

THIS is the trillion dollar question....

If we minted a single trillion dollar coin, will that increase the number of dollars?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
19-05-2023 23:08
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:

No. It means debt holders will NOT GET PAID.

The Parrot Killer

19-05-2023 23:17
(21559)
keepit wrote:
itn,
When you said paying off debt doesn't pay off debt i just asked you what you meant. As far as i know, minting a coin doesn't create debt.

It doesn't. It doesn't pay off the debt either.

BTW, a trillion dollar 'coin' in gold would weigh about 17.143 kilotons at current market value.

The current debt is almost $32 trillion. Even if you used such a 'coin' to pay off the debt, it wouldn't be enough.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 19-05-2023 23:21
19-05-2023 23:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:There are no waves, unless your trailer floats away again.

It's funny how you swear by quantum entanglement, and yet you are clueless on quantum mechanics.

Too funny.

Millions of physics major retards wannabys like you, relentlessly ponder if schrodies cat is alive or dead. LOL I solved that one decades ago as Schrodies cat is a thought problem that only exist in the mind, so the thought cat was never alive, so it can never be dead as thoughts are electrical impulses that are not themselves alive, but can apparently be endowed with life and death simultaneously. Harvard ebducadion not needed. So did your trailer float away again

ULTRA MAGA

19-05-2023 23:33
(14373)
Swan wrote:Millions of physics major retards wannabys like you, relentlessly ponder if schrodies cat is alive or dead.

Incorrect. I know the correct answer. Scratch "mindreader" off the list of your strengths.

Swan wrote: LOL I solved that one decades ago as Schrodies cat is a thought problem that only exist in the mind,

Incorrect. Scratch math off the list of your strengths.
20-05-2023 00:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Gas,
I would most certainly increase the number of dollars.
Have a great day.
20-05-2023 00:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
itn,,
I don't understand your answer. There's also the possibility that you don't understand the question.
20-05-2023 00:19
(14373)
keepit wrote:Gas, I would most certainly increase the number of dollars.
Have a great day.

Nope, not until those dollars are either printed or otherwise created.
20-05-2023 00:26
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
so true ibd.
20-05-2023 01:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
keepit wrote:
itn,,
I don't understand your answer. There's also the possibility that you don't understand the question.

No one understands IBdaMann, and he has never understood any question. Hell his other self's do not even understand themselves

ULTRA MAGA

20-05-2023 02:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Millions of physics major retards wannabys like you, relentlessly ponder if schrodies cat is alive or dead.

Incorrect. I know the correct answer. Scratch "mindreader" off the list of your strengths.

Swan wrote: LOL I solved that one decades ago as Schrodies cat is a thought problem that only exist in the mind,

Incorrect. Scratch math off the list of your strengths.

The experiment is really easy to perform and check, and researchers do worse to lab animals than to kill them. But as I already said you can not do an experiment on a mind cat.

ULTRA MAGA

20-05-2023 02:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
There's at least one way to understand schrodingers cat. Think of the multiverse theory of quantum mechanics. In that theory every occurrence results in multiple results. In the SC experiment there is one real dead cat and one real dead cat. Each of us only gets to experience one or the other world (dead cat or live cat) while the other world goes on happily without us.
20-05-2023 04:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
keepit wrote:
There's at least one way to understand schrodingers cat. Think of the multiverse theory of quantum mechanics. In that theory every occurrence results in multiple results. In the SC experiment there is one real dead cat and one real dead cat. Each of us only gets to experience one or the other world (dead cat or live cat) while the other world goes on happily without us.

There has never been a SC experiment, as SC only exist in the mind

ULTRA MAGA

20-05-2023 05:35
(5193)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

There has never been a SC experiment, as SC only exist in the mind

So, you do understand quantum mechanics. Majority of it only exists in the mind. It's mostly a mind game, but they do get lucky, and the imagination comes close to reality. Then, there a lot of people who seek to profit off fiction. Lot of smart people play the fantasy, refining the story, removing obvious flaws, to the point where it works, least in the mind, and consistent with the real, physical world. Quantum mechanics, is still just a fantasy game of the mind. Those of lower IQ, just blindly presume it's all real, since smart people spend a lot of time, waste research money, trying to convince each other, their fantasy makes better sense. Of course the stupid people, paying them to play fantasy games, expect to see actual, physical results, some return on their investment. What they get, is parlor tricks, to entertain their defective minds, because they have trouble separating fantasy, from reality. You don't actually need a physical qubit, to simulate how a qubit is imagined to function.
Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate Trillion dollar platinum coin:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
LOL did you find the missing 80 million dollar jet yet? Or was it transported to the mother ship018-09-2023 22:57
USD US Dollar, USA United States Are Deserved To Be Gone Forever !220-07-2023 22:43
The End Of The US Petrol Dollar: Fair Solution For Global Energy Crisis Of Oil Gas309-01-2022 16:51
Everybody Can Obtain The New Trillion Dollar Crypto Coin whitepapers To Become Millionaire Easily406-11-2021 03:55
Special Offer: 1 Billion US Dollars Worth Of New Currency Coin In Exchange For Media Marketing105-11-2021 22:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact