Remember me
▼ Content

torch light

torch light25-01-2021 15:12
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I am starting to develop an analogy like this

How hot does me shining a flashlight at you make you.

It could probably do with some tuning from the team and it is my explanation of the light being re emmitted back from CO2 when people make the claim all this energy is being re emmited by manmade CO2 in the atmosphere.I have only used it once but it is short and concise remember my big deal is to have answers to the claims in a polite laymans manner.Regards Duncan

duncan61
25-01-2021 16:04
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have been doing some research and the light from the flashlight is not UVB or UVC so my theory is Kaput.Damn so close
25-01-2021 18:26
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
There are quite a few choices in flashlights, depending on what you wish to illuminate. I've got a handheld halogen spotlight that gets kind of hot, after about 10 minutes. Sort of a melted plastic smell, so didn't push it. Kind of disappointed, 10 minutes isn't much time. I've got a couple of UV flashlights, LEDs. Not sure about the wavelength, likely in the 400 nm range, purple glow. Got a green one. I have a 10W warm white LED flashlight I built, crazy bright, but eats batteries. I've got an infrared, that's 10W and 940 nm, but not exactly a flashlight. It's a toy called TV-B-Gone, got the source code off the internet. Thought I could turn off the TV across the street with it. Too much spread, I guess. I think the Halogen spotlight would probably warm you up, but probably not the LEDs.
30-01-2021 01:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
duncan61 wrote:

It could probably do with some tuning from the team and it is my explanation of the light being re emmitted back from CO2 when people make the claim all this energy is being re emmited by manmade CO2 in the atmosphere.I have only used it once but it is short and concise remember my big deal is to have answers to the claims in a polite laymans manner.Regards Duncan

Would you be alive if the Sun was a flashlight
30-01-2021 02:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14397)
duncan61 wrote: ... it is my explanation of the light being re emmitted back from CO2 when people make the claim all this energy is being re emmited by manmade CO2 in the atmosphere.

All matter radiates thermally, and this includes CO2. However, when discussing CO2, warmizombies use the prefix "re", e.g. re-eimts and re-radiates. They become immediately wrong when they do.

If I set up a repeater for handheld radios then yes, that repeater re-transmits the same signal that it receives, just at a different power level. However when matter absorbs one particular wavelength A, converts it to thermal energy and then radiates thermally wavelength B, anyone who claims that wavelength A is being re-radiated is clearly in error.

Don't use the words "re-emitted" or "re-radiated" when talking about thermal radiation. Just say that absorbed energy is radiated according to the Stefan-Boltzman law (and Wein's law) and you will be completely correct.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-01-2021 02:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Just to show you're stupid, right. The Torchlight Parade means something to some people but not to you. You're ****ed.
30-01-2021 02:22
(14397)
James___ wrote: Just to show you're stupid, right. The Torchlight Parade means something to some people but not to you. You're ****ed.

James__, I was just about to act on my initial impulse to tell you that you've gone raving mad and that you aren't making any sense. But then I stepped back for a moment, caught my breath, and realized that you just might have a valid argument. We're going to have to see.

Let's break it down:

A. Just to show you're stupid, right.
B. The Torchlight Parade means something to some people but not to you.
C. You're ****ed.

You make a strong case. I'm going to follow this discussion to see how it develops.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-01-2021 02:33
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: Just to show you're stupid, right. The Torchlight Parade means something to some people but not to you. You're ****ed.

James__, I was just about to act on my initial impulse to tell you that you've gone raving mad and that you aren't making any sense. But then I stepped back for a moment, caught my breath, and realized that you just might have a valid argument. We're going to have to see.

Let's break it down:

C. You're ****ed.

You make a strong case. I'm going to follow this discussion to see how it develops.

My older brother was in the Torch Light Parade as a part of SeaFair. God, you're stupid.
After this part, you're stupid just like ITN. After this part, your ignorance is just stupid.
Edited on 30-01-2021 02:36
30-01-2021 02:47
(14397)
So building on your baseline:

C. You're ****ed.

... we now add:

D. My older brother was in the Torch Light Parade as a part of SeaFair.
E. God, you're stupid.
F. After this part, you're stupid just like ITN.
G. After this part, your ignorance is just stupid.

Ok, so now we're getting somewhere.

I conclude from D that your older brother is not in the Torch Light Parade anymore.

I conclude from E that I am stupid. Good. GOOD! Let the HATE flow through you.

I see an error in F. Into the Night doesn't get to be mentioned, I'm sorry. He hasn't earned any slot in this argument, he hasn't filed the proper paperwork, ... he's simply disqualified and you'll have to remove his name.

Now G is pure genius. My ignorance is stupid. Brilliant! I'm beginning to think that you are going to pull this off. Keep rolling!

30-01-2021 03:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Just to show you're stupid, right. The Torchlight Parade means something to some people but not to you. You're ****ed.

But would you be alive if the Sun was a flashlight
30-01-2021 03:12
(14397)
Swan wrote:But would you be alive if the Sun was a flashlight

Incandescent or LED?

30-01-2021 03:31
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:

Incandescent or LED?

Your choice
30-01-2021 04:26
(14397)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Incandescent or LED?

Your choice

I choose torch. Oh, and that means he'd still be alive.

30-01-2021 04:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Incandescent or LED?

Your choice

Which one of you is he?
30-01-2021 05:34
(14397)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Incandescent or LED?

Your choice

Which one of you is he?

Your choice.

30-01-2021 06:23
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Ignorance, is not knowing any better.
Stupid, is knowing better, and repeating the same failed behavior.

I'm ignorant, since I don't know how you can be both, at the same time...
30-01-2021 15:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Ignorance, is not knowing any better.
Stupid, is knowing better, and repeating the same failed behavior.

I'm ignorant, since I don't know how you can be both, at the same time...

People are both brainwashed already and continuing to listen to the fake news

Join the debate torch light:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
LOL, Anheuser Busch is shutting down plants and laying off employees due to the woke fag bud light ads003-07-2023 03:36
Quantum Light Experiment Proves Photosynthesis Starts with a Single Photon1522-06-2023 23:00
Faggy/trannie advertising scheme cost Bud Light stock 27 billion so far001-06-2023 04:18
Traffic light joke of the day225-05-2023 12:54
This Bud Light is for you...................!027-04-2023 19:10
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact