Remember me
▼ Content

Tipping point

Page 2 of 5<1234>>>
31-10-2015 03:42
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14390)
trafn wrote: Yet in this thread you have accused others of having no science, of speaking gibberish, of being scientifically illiterate morons.

There is a major difference between what I merely point out and standard, baseless warmazombie accusations.

If you want to see scientifically illiterate gibberish, you have ensured that it is maintained in purity in your little private command center. Pick a thread in there, any thread. You won't allow any science in there. What do you expect will remain?

Go on, pick a thread.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-10-2015 04:29
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
@IBdaMann - actually, what you bring up is a practical example of tipping points which was the actual topic of this thread. In this case study, the tipping point was one of internet social behavior where individuals who repeatedly attack the messenger, instead of discussing the message, will ultimately bring an entire website to the tipping point of changing that behavior.

Somehow you seem to hold the position that asking you not to insult others is somehow an insult to you. The only way to respond to such a statement is merely to make the offer of peaceful conversation. No one can force you to participate in a respectful manner, but in the hope that you might one day do so, I will always hold that door open for you. So, as you continue to post negatively towards others, I will continue to follow your posts with a message of healing. When you are ready to let go of your wounds, we welcome you.

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
31-10-2015 13:08
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
maciejzi wrote:
I don't remember having +14'C on Haloween where I live. When I was a child, some 30 years ago, it was freezing cold on this day. Usually -5'C to +5'C. This year it will be +14'C and sunny.

I mean, I drive a petrol car, at home I use electricity mostly from coal. I am OK with that. I am just afraid of the possible implications of billions of tons of CO2...

The atmosphere is a fluid, as physicists tell us. It is a giant system of air rivers, i.e. winds. Nobody can pollute the land rivers, right? Then why everybody can pollute atmosphere with flue gases?

We build and operate waste water treatment plants, or sewage plants, and it is economically viable. Then why some people say that flue purification wouldn't be profitable? And that it is a No-No, the economy would colapse if we would clean our mess and people would loose jobs, and a disaster would come then.
It is not something that would really happen, I suppose

CO2 is not a problem. It is changing the atmosphere to a tiny degree but so what?

CO2 is plant food.

CO2 cannot change the temperature much at all. And it going up a bit is a good thing.

Other polutants such as Nitrox Oxide kill people. Lots of people. The fuss about VolkWagen is about them making the cars emitt less CO2 at the expense of more of the actually dangerous poisonous crap. Thousands, maybe hundereds of thousands of people are being killed each year by this.

The use of food as fuel is killing tens of millions per year.
31-10-2015 17:41
(779)
@Tim the plumber - you stated The use of food as fuel is killing tens of millions per year.

In your opinion, is anyone who posts on this website advocating for the use of food as fuel?

31-10-2015 17:45
(779)
@maciejzi - most respected authorities today agree that CO2 does contribute to the GHG effect. However, if you factor in Global Warming Potential, CO2's overall importance comes into question. For better understanding, please read the following posts:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/is-co2-nothing-more-than-a-m2c2-companion-ghg-d24-e776.php#post_4022

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/is-co2-nothing-more-than-a-m2c2-companion-ghg-d24-e776.php#post_4039

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/is-co2-nothing-more-than-a-m2c2-companion-ghg-d24-e776.php#post_4045

(note: this comment was previously posted in the Dry Ice thread, but it is both on topic and relevant to this thread at this time, so, given its brevity, it was re-posted here)

31-10-2015 22:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaMann - actually, what you bring up is a practical example of tipping points which was the actual topic of this thread. In this case study, the tipping point was one of internet social behavior where individuals who repeatedly attack the messenger, instead of discussing the message, will ultimately bring an entire website to the tipping point of changing that behavior.

Somehow you seem to hold the position that asking you not to insult others is somehow an insult to you. The only way to respond to such a statement is merely to make the offer of peaceful conversation. No one can force you to participate in a respectful manner, but in the hope that you might one day do so, I will always hold that door open for you. So, as you continue to post negatively towards others, I will continue to follow your posts with a message of healing. When you are ready to let go of your wounds, we welcome you.

Why do you make a personal attack and then talk about 'healing words'? What are you welcoming anyone to? Hypocrisy?

Censorship does not heal. Neither does the Kiddie Pool.

'Tipping points' are nothing more than a description of an inherently unstable system. What is happening on this website is not a 'tipping point'. Indeed, the indication of stable behavior is taking place. The Kiddie Pool is losing. People are returning to the Adult Pool with all the brickbats, interesting observations from widely discordant views, and basic discussions about global warming and it's legitimacy that it includes.
31-10-2015 22:12
(21588)
trafn wrote:
@maciejzi - most respected authorities today agree that CO2 does contribute to the GHG effect. However, if you factor in Global Warming Potential, CO2's overall importance comes into question. For better understanding, please read the following posts:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/is-co2-nothing-more-than-a-m2c2-companion-ghg-d24-e776.php#post_4022

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/is-co2-nothing-more-than-a-m2c2-companion-ghg-d24-e776.php#post_4039

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/is-co2-nothing-more-than-a-m2c2-companion-ghg-d24-e776.php#post_4045

(note: this comment was previously posted in the Dry Ice thread, but it is both on topic and relevant to this thread at this time, so, given its brevity, it was re-posted here)

Carbon dioxide is already 'sequestored' at any cryogenic plant. It is sold in gas bottles for quite cheap. There is no magick to extracting carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

I find it interesting that you feel you need to bring our own arguments out of the Kiddie Pool for discussion here.
31-10-2015 23:41
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote I find it interesting that you feel you need to bring our own arguments out of the Kiddie Pool for discussion here.

I find it interesting that you feel the need to extract other people's content from Sharing Ideas without their permission, yet you criticize others when they quote their own content from Sharing Ideas.

Hypocritical statements like the one you just made are common symptoms of a confused fugue state where one finds wrong-doing in others behavior, yet no wrong-doing when they exhibit similar or the same behavior. One way to avoid such confusion is to post in a moderated sub-forum like Sharing Ideas. In Sharing Ideas, there is a thoughtful and helpful moderator who is there to assist you from making such hypocritical statements, so that yourinteractions with other members are respectful and harmonious.

31-10-2015 23:56
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote Censorship does not heal.

Interestingly, it is you and IBdaMann who were censoring when you both extracted content out of Sharing Ideas for new threads you had started soley for the purpose of mocking people who had posted inside of Sharing Ideas, and you did so without getting permission to extract that content from the people who wrote it.

People who post in Sharing Ideas do so because they do not want to be victimized by the kind of behavior that you and IBdaMann commonly exhibit towards others. Yet, rather than respond on topic to them within Sharing Ideas, you extracted their content, without their permission, and then proceeded to ridicule them in a sub-forum which allowed such harassment. More than censorship, what you are doing is bullying.

On this website, there are many sub-forums, all of which except for one, allow you, IBdaMann, and anyone else who likes to intimidate and harass others to do so.

On this website, there is only one sub-forum where you are not allowed to post intimidating or harassing comments. For some reason, you feel threatened and censored by not being allowed to harass and intimidate everyone in every sub-forum on this website.

The Napoleon Complex occurs when someone feels the need to project control needlessly over others. Often this is a compensatory mechanism frequently employed by individuals of short stature. Those suffering from a Napoleon Complex often feel the need to intimidate and harass others in order to make themselves feel better. Yet, rather than taking out one's own inadequacies on others, why not join Sharing Ideas, a new sub-forum at Climate-debate.com where you will learn how to accept your inadequacies, as well as those of others, without having to harass or intimidate anyone.

Sharing Ideas - the harassment-free sub-forum!

01-11-2015 00:12
(21588)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote I find it interesting that you feel you need to bring our own arguments out of the Kiddie Pool for discussion here.

I find it interesting that you feel the need to extract other people's content from Sharing Ideas without their permission, yet you criticize others when they quote their own content from Sharing Ideas.

No permission is needed. These posts were made on a publicly available forum. I have made no claim away from their original author nor have I posted them on any other site. It is perfectly legal to copy posts from thread to thread.

The hypocrisy here is you. It is you that is arguing against discussion in an open forum. It is you that set up the "safe" zone as a result. It is you that brought discussions out of the Kiddie Pool against your own argument you made (and continue to make) for justifying the Kiddie Pool. I don't care if it's your own content or the content of someone else. What you did denied your own argument for the Kiddie Pool in the first place. That's why I slammed you for it.
trafn wrote:
Hypocritical statements like the one you just made are common symptoms of a confused fugue state where one finds wrong-doing in others behavior, yet no wrong-doing when they exhibit similar or the same behavior.
*spam

I have not denied my own argument. You have.

Now you spam the Kiddie pool again. Have you no awareness at all? Have you not context at all? Have you forgotten how many times I've told you in no uncertain terms that I will not take part in the Kiddie Pool?

Are you really so clueless that you feel taking part in the Kiddie Pool is going to cure some psychological issue?
Edited on 01-11-2015 00:12
01-11-2015 00:35
(21588)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote Censorship does not heal.

And I stand by what I say.
trafn wrote:
Interestingly, it is you and IBdaMann who were censoring when you both extracted content out of Sharing Ideas for new threads you had started soley for the purpose of mocking people who had posted inside of Sharing Ideas, and you did so without getting permission to extract that content from the people who wrote it.

Neither of have changed what has been extracted (except to reduce bulk and repetitive statements). The original message is untouched for all to see. The original author is allowed to justify it in the parallel thread. We do not censor his comments like you do.

Again, permission is not required.

trafn wrote:
People who post in Sharing Ideas do so because they do not want to be victimized by the kind of behavior that you and IBdaMann commonly exhibit towards others. Yet, rather than respond on topic to them within Sharing Ideas, you extracted their content, without their permission, and then proceeded to ridicule them in a sub-forum which allowed such harassment. More than censorship, what you are doing is bullying.

Permission is not required.
I brought a discussion out on a parallel thread where it may be openly discussed without censorship by you. The original message and it's responses are left intact. Do not think that you can have conversion anywhere in public without others commenting on it in an unfavorable manner. Believing that you can is just sheer myopia.

If I see any other thread enter into a conversation that should be openly discussed, I will continue to build a parallel thread for it in the Adult Pool.
trafn wrote:
On this website, there are many sub-forums, all of which except for one, allow you, IBdaMann, and anyone else who likes to intimidate and harass others to do so.

Which is why I build parallel threads to certain threads in the Kiddie Pool. So far I have built only one. Conversation is moving to that thread I created and is leaving the Kiddie Pool, despite your spam to try to bring them back.
trafn wrote:
On this website, there is only one sub-forum where you are not allowed to post intimidating or harassing comments. For some reason, you feel threatened and censored by not being allowed to harass and intimidate everyone in every sub-forum on this website.

Editing someone else's posts IS censorship. There is no other word for it. I abhor censorship of any kind. I will not allow it to monopolize a conversation.
trafn wrote:[quote]trafn wrote:
The Napoleon Complex occurs when someone feels the need to project control needlessly over others.

This is your problem.
trafn wrote:
Often this is a compensatory mechanism frequently employed by individuals of short stature. Those suffering from a Napoleon Complex often feel the need to intimidate and harass others in order to make themselves feel better.

In the end they don't feel better when they inevitably lose control. You obviously don't feel better, as evidenced by your continuing to ask everyone you see to rejoin you in your Zone of Control (otherwise known as the Kiddie Pool).
trafn wrote:
Yet, rather than taking out one's own inadequacies on others, why not join Sharing Ideas, a new sub-forum at Climate-debate.com where you will learn how to accept your inadequacies, as well as those of others, without having to harass or intimidate anyone.

Sharing Ideas - the harassment-free sub-forum!

Q.E.D.
01-11-2015 00:44
(779)
@Into the Night - I create nothing. Only branner creates.

As to your statement Now you spam the Kiddie pool again. Have you no awareness at all? Have you not context at all? Have you forgotten how many times I've told you in no uncertain terms that I will not take part in the Kiddie Pool?

You are repeating yourself over and over, again.

Neurotic Compulsive Disorder (NCD) is a condition where an individual feels the need to needlessly repeat the same thing over and over again in an often tiresome and irrelevant manner. Pathological cousin to the more common OCD, NCD is the favored behavior pattern of individuals who seek to harass and intimidate, rather than discuss. To avoid NCD like behavior, consider posting in Sharing Ideas, the new moderated sub-forum at Climate-debate.com where we are OCD about no NCD.

Sharing Ideas - the NCD-free sub-forum!

01-11-2015 00:54
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote your continuing to ask everyone you see to rejoin you in your Zone of Control

Yes, I am extending a voluntary invitation, but you are continuing to harass and intimidate people all over this website. I'm only offering a harassment free alternative to you unpleasant behavior. As to whether anyone does post in Sharing Ideas is not under my control. All I can do is try to make people aware that there is a better alternative every time you spew your negativity. So here goes.

Negative Personality Actualization (NPA) is the process of creating a dysfunctional personality deep within one's own sub-counsious which allows for the person to exhibit anti-social behavior without taking responsibility for such behavoir. NPA is a deep rooted and difficult condition to treat. Often, therapeutic assistance is helpful. At Climate-debate.com we offer such assistance in our new, moderated, Sharing Ideas sub-forum.

Sharing Ideas - where we say "No Way" to NPA!

01-11-2015 09:05
(21588)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - I create nothing. Only branner creates.

As to your statement Now you spam the Kiddie pool again. Have you no awareness at all? Have you not context at all? Have you forgotten how many times I've told you in no uncertain terms that I will not take part in the Kiddie Pool?

You are repeating yourself over and over, again.

Neurotic Compulsive Disorder (NCD) is a condition where an individual feels the need to needlessly repeat the same thing over and over again in an often tiresome and irrelevant manner. Pathological cousin to the more common OCD, NCD is the favored behavior pattern of individuals who seek to harass and intimidate, rather than discuss. To avoid NCD like behavior, consider posting in Sharing Ideas, the new moderated sub-forum at Climate-debate.com where we are OCD about no NCD.

Sharing Ideas - the NCD-free sub-forum!

The only one repeating themselves is you.
01-11-2015 09:11
(21588)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote your continuing to ask everyone you see to rejoin you in your Zone of Control

Yes, I am extending a voluntary invitation, but you are continuing to harass and intimidate people all over this website. I'm only offering a harassment free alternative to you unpleasant behavior. As to whether anyone does post in Sharing Ideas is not under my control. All I can do is try to make people aware that there is a better alternative every time you spew your negativity. So here goes.

Negative Personality Actualization (NPA) is the process of creating a dysfunctional personality deep within one's own sub-counsious which allows for the person to exhibit anti-social behavior without taking responsibility for such behavoir. NPA is a deep rooted and difficult condition to treat. Often, therapeutic assistance is helpful. At Climate-debate.com we offer such assistance in our new, moderated, Sharing Ideas sub-forum.

Sharing Ideas - where we say "No Way" to NPA!

Psychoanalysis trafn style. Personal attack trafn style. You earned all the negativity posted toward you. You are contributing nothing here.
01-11-2015 17:02
(779)
@Into the Night - you stated You are contributing nothing here.

I'm merely participating in a fashion similar to your behavior and tactics so you can see how it feels to be responded to in such a way. This site has a lot of potential to be a gathering place for people who want to discuss climate change science. Sadly, few people join because of the ongoing negative behavior of people like you, IBdaMann and Tim the plumber. Sadder yet, the administration of this website currently allows trolls like you three to dominate this website and has only allotted one sub-forum - Sharing Ideas (SI) - as a troll-free safe space where people can post without being attacked by the likes of the three of you. Even sadder, the administration has not seen fit to safeguard the way people post in SI, like it does when people send each other PM's, so people like you and IBdaMann are still free to extract content from SI without the author's permission -as you both have already done - and then ridicule people form outside SI without any consequences.

I continue to support an initiative to make this website a place for harassment-free and insult-free discussion about climate change science where people who behave like you three are encouraged to go elsewhere until such time as you are ready to participate in a mature, adult-like fashion.

Sharing Ideas - the asshole-free, harassment-free, insult-free, sub-forum!

01-11-2015 17:27
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
trafn wrote:
@Tim the plumber - you stated The use of food as fuel is killing tens of millions per year.

In your opinion, is anyone who posts on this website advocating for the use of food as fuel?

Anybody who propagates the idea that human release of CO2 needing to be reduced to avoid an imaginary problem is advocating the use of food as fuel. Amongst other equally evil things.
01-11-2015 18:04
(779)
@Tim the plumber - you wrote (finally) Anybody who propagates the idea that human release of CO2 needing to be reduced to avoid an imaginary problem is advocating the use of food as fuel. Amongst other equally evil things.

You have been accusing me for quite some time now, without an explanation, of being evil because I am responsible for killing millions of people. Now you are implying that I support food-based bio-fuel, which I do not, and this is your reason for accusing me of being evil

Tim, you continue to be a lying, retarded troll who needs to be banned from this website. Please read my new thread which is designed to save this website from your insanity:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/why-is-climate-debate-com-so-messed-up-d15-e788.php#post_4318

01-11-2015 22:38
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Trafn,

Your position is that "wealth cannot be created or destroyed" and other such idiot ideas.

You have shown a complete lack of any understanding about anything. The impacts of climate change being just one of these areas of stupidity.

Your idiocy would be harmless if it was not dressed up as science and believed by similarly scientifically useless types. As it is you are doing great damage.

The stupid over focus on CO2 as the chief problem is causing many deaths all the time.

Resources which should be being used to fight cancer or to house the poor are instead wasted on wind mills that fail to usefully produce electricity.

Cars pump out poison due to the avoidance of CO2 over safety. Thousand die each year in each city of the UK due to this.

Bad science is highly destructive.

You are responsible for propagating drivel. Stop it. Stop doing evil. If you do not understand it think about and learn about it from all sides. This is taxing and difficult. Unlucky.
02-11-2015 00:44
(779)
@Tim the plumber - you wrote You have shown a complete lack of any understanding about anything.

My profile - trafn

Your profile - Tim the plumber

Notice any difference?

Care to tell us what your background in "science" is?

02-11-2015 02:58
(21588)
trafn wrote:
@Tim the plumber - you wrote You have shown a complete lack of any understanding about anything.

My profile - trafn

Notice any difference?

Is this relevant?
02-11-2015 03:18
(14390)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Trafn,

Your position is that "wealth cannot be created or destroyed" and other such idiot ideas.

You have shown a complete lack of any understanding about anything. The impacts of climate change being just one of these areas of stupidity.

Your idiocy would be harmless if it was not dressed up as science and believed by similarly scientifically useless types. As it is you are doing great damage.

The stupid over focus on CO2 as the chief problem is causing many deaths all the time.

Resources which should be being used to fight cancer or to house the poor are instead wasted on wind mills that fail to usefully produce electricity.

Cars pump out poison due to the avoidance of CO2 over safety. Thousand die each year in each city of the UK due to this.

Bad science is highly destructive.

You are responsible for propagating drivel. Stop it. Stop doing evil. If you do not understand it think about and learn about it from all sides. This is taxing and difficult. Unlucky.

Everything you said is correct.

trafn is not interested in saving lives or helping humanity. He is interested only in destroying capitalism, and if that means people must die then people must die. If it means referring to a life-essential gas as a pollutant then we must insist that CO2 is a pollutant. If bogus pseudo-science is what is required to bamboozle the people into playing along and killing millions of people in the process, then insist that "climate" is science we shall. If what is needed is to censor and silence voices of reason then censorship is the modus operandi.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2015 16:10
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote trafn is not interested in saving lives or helping humanity.

From trafn's profile: created new medical procedures such as sliding-scale titration of morphine and patient compliance coding for treating people suffering from terminal illnesses.

Other than wipe your own ass, what have you ever done to spare anyone your bullshit, let alone help anyone?

02-11-2015 16:11
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote Is this relevant?

Absolutely.

Now, answer the question.

02-11-2015 21:38
(21588)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote Is this relevant?

Absolutely.

Now, answer the question.

There is no question to answer. You wrote both 'profiles'. Why you wrote them is your business, childish as it is.
02-11-2015 21:54
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
trafn wrote:

My profile - trafn

Notice any difference?

I passed my physics "A" level and maths "A" levels at the age of 17. I then went to university to do mechanical engineering but droped out because I found the maths too hard and did not have the will to work hard enough to get the degree in any case.

You clearly have never done any physics. If you claim to have done so you are lying.
02-11-2015 21:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
IBdaMann wrote:Everything you said is correct.

trafn is not interested in saving lives or helping humanity. He is interested only in destroying capitalism, and if that means people must die then people must die. If it means referring to a life-essential gas as a pollutant then we must insist that CO2 is a pollutant. If bogus pseudo-science is what is required to bamboozle the people into playing along and killing millions of people in the process, then insist that "climate" is science we shall. If what is needed is to censor and silence voices of reason then censorship is the modus operandi.

I think you have it a bit backwards;

The GW thing is the excuse to do what he wants, which is to have the power to kill loads of people!!!!

Obviously given the chance he would do so, otherwise how would he know he really had the power?

The history of communist regimes seems to be a catalog of them attempting to out do each other in mass murder.
02-11-2015 23:04
(14390)
Tim the plumber wrote:
[quote]IBdaMann wrote:Everything you said is correct.

The GW thing is the excuse to do what he wants, which is to have the power to kill loads of people!!!!

Obviously given the chance he would do so, otherwise how would he know he really had the power?

The history of communist regimes seems to be a catalog of them attempting to out do each other in mass murder. [/color]

Marxism tends to not have the welfare of humanity as the forefront of concerns.

03-11-2015 01:36
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote There is no question to answer.

Still avoiding THE question, huh?

You'll do anything to keep from showing us that you have NO science background at all.

Go back to grade school little boy.

03-11-2015 03:12
Greg
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
I'm not sure maciejzi is still reading after all the noise. Just in case, the main tipping point we are worried about concerns feedback cycles. In the distant past, small changes in the amount of sunlight earth received, caused ice to melt releasing CO2 and other greenhouse gasses. This caused the earth to warm more, releasing more greenhouse gasses. That is, it took the cycle to really bring significant climate changes. Now, we have induced warming by taking tons of carbon stored as petroleum over millions of years and putting it into the atmosphere over less than 100 years. The danger is we will push global temperatures to the point where melting ice and thawing ground starts releasing enough CO2 and methane to sustain the cycle even if we stop burning petroleum entirely. The 2C limit is at least partly based on a hope that we can avoid that.

To answer some other points brought up in this thread, CO2 doesn't manufacture thermal energy, but it does block heat from leaving the atmosphere, leading to warmer surface temperatures. This is supported by 120 years of published scientific research. CO2 is a plant food and its increase in the atmosphere will definitely be beneficial to plants. That argues against the point often made by the exact same people that CO2 can't matter because it's only a trace gas. Without CO2 in our atmosphere, even though it's such a small amount, plants couldn't grow at all, and the earth would be covered in ice because of the lack of its insulation. The plant food benefit also has to be balanced against increasing heat stress, droughts, and floods, which will tend to hurt plants in general, and our crops in particular.
03-11-2015 03:26
(14390)
Nok spamn for alle wrote:Still avoiding THE question, huh?
You'll do anything to keep from showing us that you have NO science background at all.

I don't think you'll ever get it. You're probably destined to be an eternal troll.

When discussing science, credentials are irrelevant. Every time you revert to changing the topic away from science to how someone claims to own science, you unwittingly announce that you wouldn't be able to tell religion from science if the two were to come with labels, not that we didn't already know that about you from reading your book.

I have an idea, why don't you ask me about the science background of the scientists who developed the science I let do all the talking?

03-11-2015 04:01
(779)
@Greg - actually the real tipping point for all of this happened in 1901 at Spindletop. It had nothing to do with ice, or sea levels, or CO2. It had to do with the world changed its view of energy on January 10th, at 10:30 a.m. that year.

03-11-2015 04:02
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote When discussing science, credentials are irrelevant.

They are only irrelevant to people who don't have any.

03-11-2015 04:18
(14390)
trafn wrote:They are only irrelevant to people who don't have any.

This is what is so delicious about your religion. Feel free to treat me as though I have no credentials in science. You can't handle a discussion of science with someone you consider to have no background in science.

Please bring it on!

Outside observers recognize that in your inability to discern religion from science, you consider "science credentials" to mean "religious titles." You need those religious titles in order to know who to obey without question.

Let's talk science...you, who is deluded into believing his WACKY unfalsifiable religious dogma is science, and I, who you will readily admit has no background in science.

So, nok spamn for alle, what science have you reviewed and understand that convinced you the earth will bake everyone to death before the end of the century?

03-11-2015 04:27
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote Feel free to treat me as though I have no credentials in science.

You are the only one who can prove me wrong.

So, do you have any?

Anything, at all?

Or are you just DoD, branner?

03-11-2015 04:32
(14390)
trafn wrote: You are the only one who can prove me wrong.

Why would I want to do that? I insist, from this point forward, I have no credentials, only science. You will have all the credentials and no science.

Let's play it like that.

03-11-2015 04:51
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote I have no credentials

You have many credentials:

DoD

branner

03-11-2015 05:08
(14390)
trafn wrote:You have many credentials:

DoD

branner

I was wondering where you were going with this. I know you hate the military. I think Branner is Dansk, though.

Could you help me out here...or is there a punchline coming?

03-11-2015 05:13
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote is there a punchline coming?

No.

DoD/NAS/NI Rule #1:

When nothing makes sense, then all that's left is to look at what doesn't make sense.

You are branner.

So, ask the next obvious question.

03-11-2015 05:17
(14390)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaMann - you wrote is there a punchline coming?

No.

DoD/NAS/NI Rule #1:

When nothing makes sense, then all that's left is to look at what doesn't make sense.

You are branner.

So, ask the next obvious question.

I'm going to ask for a little help. The "next obvious question" is not as obvious as you apparently think.

What should I ask?

Page 2 of 5<1234>>>

Join the debate Tipping point:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Ron Desantis involved in crash, it is not known at this point if an RFKjr lookalike was involved125-07-2023 22:19
LOL, California has way way way too much water at this point1702-05-2023 20:59
The Savior Reveal The New Financial Fair Society Contribution Point System014-07-2021 06:27
Why the silence on zero point energy?419-12-2019 01:17
Tipping points423-10-2019 04:23
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact