Remember me
▼ Content

Thousands of scientists are backing the kids striking for climate change

Thousands of scientists are backing the kids striking for climate change15-03-2019 00:48
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00861-z
15-03-2019 02:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
These are not scientists. They deny science and mathematics.
17-03-2019 18:13
Laws of Nature
☆☆☆☆☆
(22)
This seems the statement these scientists agree on in their support:
https://www.scientists4future.org/statement-en/

First of all, it seems all about limiting the global warming, not climate change,
2nd I can see one item they are supporting that is that"the best science supports the possibility to limit the global warming by 1.5 or 2deg C".
(there are a couple of other topics mentioned, like limiting resources and preventing mass extinction, but to me they dont seem to part of the Paris agreement)

This raises the question about uncertainty.. how sure are we, that this agreement can work?
17-03-2019 18:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
Laws of Nature wrote:
https://www.scientists4future.org/statement-en/

No, it doesn't seem that way.

There is no science in that statement. The subjective opinions of the authors are completely irrelevant. All it shows is that the authors are religiously indoctrinated.

Laws of Nature wrote:
First of all, it seems all about limiting the global warming, not climate change,

Science has already answered that question and there's nothing that can be done on planet earth to alter earth's average global temperature.

Laws of Nature wrote:
2nd I can see one item they are supporting that is that"the best science supports the possibility to limit the global warming by 1.5 or 2deg C".
(there are a couple of other topics mentioned, like limiting resources and preventing mass extinction, but to me they dont seem to part of the Paris agreement)

Science has already answered this question. See above.

Laws of Nature wrote:This raises the question about uncertainty.. how sure are we, that this agreement can work?

Science gives us 100% certainty that the agreement cannot work.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-03-2019 19:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Laws of Nature wrote:

Consensus is not used in science. A theory of science requires no consensus to exist or to be falsified. Consensus is only used in religion and politics.
Laws of Nature wrote:

Neither 'global warming' nor 'climate change' have been defined. These are BOTH meaningless buzzwords.
Laws of Nature wrote:

Meaningless buzzwords have no temperature. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
Laws of Nature wrote:

Just predictions of Doom and Gloom if the treaty is not agreed to. This is actually a fallacy, known as Pascal's fallacy. Blaise Pascal once tried to use it to justify Christianity as the 'safe' bet.
Laws of Nature wrote:
This raises the question about uncertainty.. how sure are we, that this agreement can work?

It can't. Pure and simple. It requires measuring:

The atmospheric CO2 of an entire nation. That is not possible to do.

The source of that CO2, whether it's naturally occurring or due to some factory or engine. That is not possible to do.

The temperature of the Earth. That is not possible to do.

And most importantly, the abandonment of science to favor a treaty that is religiously based. CO2 has NO capability to warm the Earth using infrared light emitted from Earth's surface. No gas or vapor has such a capability. There is no such thing as a 'greenhouse gas'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 17-03-2019 19:09

Join the debate Thousands of scientists are backing the kids striking for climate change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Previous Panics by *Scientists*027-03-2024 20:35
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
New Type of Entanglement Lets Scientists 'See' Inside Nuclei7816-06-2023 18:15
Where the 97% consensus among scientists comes from3816-06-2023 11:07
30,000 SCIENTISTS SIGN PETITION ON GLOBAL WARMING, CLAIMING THAT THERE IS NO SETTLED SCIENCE202-11-2022 23:15
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact