Remember me
▼ Content

This doesn't sound good...

This doesn't sound good...29-05-2019 03:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
https://www.wftv.com/weather/wxhacks/new-floridachief-science-officer-to-address-water-quality-climate-change/953106540

Never even knew there was such a thing as 'Chief Science Officer', sounds like they got the title off an old Star Trek episode. We really do have too many government jobs these days...

I can understand the need for some of the science advice, but could be hired out as needed, not as a permanent position. The part I found a little disturbing, was that he will be sort of an interpreter for our legislators, rather than the legislators reading the material themselves, and forming there own opinions. This guy seems climatologist friendly, so his interpretations would be biased in that direction, and influence how my tax dollars are mis-spent.

Heavy storms have always happened in Florida, even the Seminole indians have old stories of big storms, which go back before the white plague. Nothing new to study, we already know we can't stop, or control weather. Seems like more of an engineering problem, how to minimize the damage, make clean up quicker, safer. Not sure if the 'rising sea level' statement, was storm surge, or Climate Change.

Water quality, okay, maybe. Our waterways are a resource, and a big part of the tourist trade, so a need to keep them clean and pretty.

As far back as I can tell, algae blooms, (red tide) has been going on for a long time. I'm not sure if the problem is worse, or it was just under reported in the past. It's always been just one of those Florida things we deal with every year, like stinging jellyfish, Portuguese Man-of-war. Some years are worse than others, but usually a little something every year. Not really sure it's a problem, mostly an inconvenience. Who wants to go to the beach, only to find it covered in dead, rotting fish. Algae is a plant, performs an important role in the ecosystem. Take it as a healthy ecosystem and environment, that we have algae blooms. You'd figure that it's already known, the ecological inconvenience, isn't a licence to destroy.

Mostly, I see this job as a science lobbyist, who will try to get Florida to spend tax dollars on studies, that probably don't need to be done, just to justify the need for his office. Since he's pro-warmist, a lot of wasted money, on a non-issue.
29-05-2019 06:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/weather/wxhacks/new-floridachief-science-officer-to-address-water-quality-climate-change/953106540

Never even knew there was such a thing as 'Chief Science Officer', sounds like they got the title off an old Star Trek episode. We really do have too many government jobs these days...

They probably DID get the idea from Star Trek! This guy is a bureaucrat, he is not even using or creating any theory of science. Yeah, there are too many government jobs. At least you don't pay as much for corruption in government as other States do. You get a good deal for your government corruption.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I can understand the need for some of the science advice, but could be hired out as needed, not as a permanent position.

His purpose is obvious. To coordinate the Church of Global Warming believers to benefit government by justifying government 'coming to the rescue' to 'protect us from Global Warming'.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Heavy storms have always happened in Florida, even the Seminole indians have old stories of big storms, which go back before the white plague. Nothing new to study, we already know we can't stop, or control weather. Seems like more of an engineering problem, how to minimize the damage, make clean up quicker, safer. Not sure if the 'rising sea level' statement, was storm surge, or Climate Change.

Storm surge. Barometric levels drop quite a ways in a strong hurricane. It sucks the sea level up, then the storm dumps its accumulated water that it gathered from the sea on you as it passes.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Water quality, okay, maybe. Our waterways are a resource, and a big part of the tourist trade, so a need to keep them clean and pretty.

As long as you have hurricanes, you will have waterways!
HarveyH55 wrote:
As far back as I can tell, algae blooms, (red tide) has been going on for a long time. I'm not sure if the problem is worse, or it was just under reported in the past. It's always been just one of those Florida things we deal with every year, like stinging jellyfish, Portuguese Man-of-war.

Nah. It's just Florida being Florida. Everything tries to turn into a swamp.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Some years are worse than others, but usually a little something every year. Not really sure it's a problem, mostly an inconvenience. Who wants to go to the beach, only to find it covered in dead, rotting fish. Algae is a plant, performs an important role in the ecosystem. Take it as a healthy ecosystem and environment, that we have algae blooms. You'd figure that it's already known, the ecological inconvenience, isn't a licence to destroy.

Like I said...
HarveyH55 wrote:
Mostly, I see this job as a science lobbyist, who will try to get Florida to spend tax dollars on studies, that probably don't need to be done, just to justify the need for his office. Since he's pro-warmist, a lot of wasted money, on a non-issue.

Nah. He has a specific purpose to justify government controls. They will never solve the 'global warming crisis' of course, since there isn't one, but they can continue to justify themselves over it to the clueless.

Florida is becoming more and more conservative. I wonder how long this guy will last in that political environment?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Join the debate This doesn't sound good...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
All Sides, Beings, Entities No Matter "Evil" Or "Good" Are Receiving Their Final Chan014-07-2023 07:52
Is homework good or bad for students?626-11-2022 05:12
But Global Warming is Good for Us, isn't it?5922-06-2022 04:12
The Big Tech Companies Make The China Great Internet Firewall Look Like A Good Angel702-12-2021 08:05
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact