Remember me
▼ Content

thing 1, thing 2

thing 1, thing 206-03-2020 01:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Thing one - is a person contagious during the incubation period?

Thing 2 - will the corona virus outbreak last beyond spring (is it really seasonal )?

If anyone except an epidemiologist tells you they know the answers to these 2 questions, don't believe them. They're just blowing smoke.

These two issues are key and will determine the extent of health damage and economic damage that will result from the corona outbreak.
06-03-2020 02:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:If anyone except an epidemiologist tells you they know the answers to these 2 questions, don't believe them. They're just blowing smoke.

What if I were to tell you the answer that I got from an awesome epidemiologist? Would you reject it?

keepit wrote:These two issues are key and will determine the extent of health damage and economic damage that will result from the corona outbreak.

Unless the awesome epidemiologist said that there is no cause to PANIC! and that there isn't going to be any economic damage ... that this is all a smokescreen generated to cover the current Democrat debacle.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-03-2020 02:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
If you told me anything IBDM, i would have verify it.
06-03-2020 02:30
(14389)
keepit wrote: If you told me anything IBDM, i would have verify it.

... so you clearly don't accept what epidemiologists have to say. Why did you recommend it?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-03-2020 12:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Cold and flu don't go dormant in the spring, people still get infected the entire year. The difference, is that people aren't as densely packed together, indoors, which is more conducive for airborne respiratory infections.

The economic impact, will last, just as long as the threat is hyped by the media, politicians, or anyone wanting to profit, from the epidemic. Long as it's headline news, people are still going to panic, and make irrational choices.
06-03-2020 12:49
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Cold and flu don't go dormant in the spring, people still get infected the entire year. The difference, is that people aren't as densely packed together, indoors, which is more conducive for airborne respiratory infections.

The economic impact, will last, just as long as the threat is hyped by the media, politicians, or anyone wanting to profit, from the epidemic. Long as it's headline news, people are still going to panic, and make irrational choices.

I think the difference is that warmer weather strenghtens immune system. Winter is the toughest time for immune system because no natural daylight ( lack of vitamine D ). UV radiation also directly kill viruses and bacters. I have sebhorreic dermatitis on the skin of my face. It only completely clears up during summer. The UV radiation kills the fungus. Places that are damp and cold in the winter are known to have a lot of pulmonary diseases - chronic bronchitis, emphysemia, tuberculosis etc etc. It comes with the climate. On the other hand, people in warm climates , may be very susceptible for such diseases because they have no andibodies from previous ilnesses to fight with it. Those tribes that live in jungle and are separated from outer world are very susceptible for such diaseses. Half of the tribe usually dies from pneumonia in case of encounter.
06-03-2020 14:21
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
In the mid-1980s, a group of Yora tribespeople who made contact with loggers in their region in the Peruvian Amazon were first infected by influenza and later came down with pneumonia and other secondary infections. Without antibiotics, "the old people died and all the young kids died," Hill says. A subsequent study by medical anthropologist Glenn Shepard of the Paraense Emilio Goeldi Museum in Belém, Brazil, revealed that some 300 people died, between 50% and 60% of the population.

Those loggers were probably perfectly healthy men because it is not possible to work in the forest with influenza, pneumonia or smth. But as you can see the virus is still there, dormant in the perfectly healthy man and just looking for an opportunity to rise its head. Therefore we can safely say that it is not possible to fight with the virus. It is everywhere. Even perfectly healthy people carry dormant viruses that will spread if they encounter a host who is susceptible. An analogy is with antibiotics. They do not kill all the bad bacteria but they kill as much as needed for an organism to regain its health. Those bad bacters are still there and waiting for the time when its hosts immune system is compromized and then they will rise again.
06-03-2020 18:19
(5196)
Have you tried a UV lamp for you skin condition? There are UV LEDs, of quite a few wavelengths, and wattage. They really aren't super expensive, or difficult to wire up. Electronics aren't that hard to work with anymore, everything you need comes in modules, just hook up some wires, apply power.

You are probably right about some of the winter factors. Diet, and physical activity. We also burn a lot of calories, just to maintain body temperature. I live in Florida, and very rarely catch a cold, and the only flu came from a bottle. I drink more than an occasional beer, maybe two at the most, anymore.

Mostly though, I think the viruses spread quicker and easier, when there are people sheltering from the cold and wet, during the winter months.
06-03-2020 18:45
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Have you tried a UV lamp for you skin condition? There are UV LEDs, of quite a few wavelengths, and wattage. They really aren't super expensive, or difficult to wire up. Electronics aren't that hard to work with anymore, everything you need comes in modules, just hook up some wires, apply power.

You are probably right about some of the winter factors. Diet, and physical activity. We also burn a lot of calories, just to maintain body temperature. I live in Florida, and very rarely catch a cold, and the only flu came from a bottle. I drink more than an occasional beer, maybe two at the most, anymore.

Mostly though, I think the viruses spread quicker and easier, when there are people sheltering from the cold and wet, during the winter months.

Yes I have UV-B lamp from Sperti. I used it alot during last winter but eventually I got flu anyway. This winter I was too lazy to use it. I am planning to move to a warmer climate for winters because I am tired of being sick several times during winter. I like warm weather. Under 30 dergrees celsius during summer is too cold for me. Unfortunately we get such temperatures only for several days during summer. Most of the time it is max 20-25 celsius during summer. It is too cold for me.
06-03-2020 19:51
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Try drinking orange juice. I've always felt that the OJ kills the virus in my mouth. Maybe not, but i keep drinking it.

Thanks florida and Harvey for all that delicious OJ.
Edited on 06-03-2020 19:51
06-03-2020 21:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Try drinking orange juice. I've always felt that the OJ kills the virus in my mouth. Maybe not, but i keep drinking it.

I find a Coke works just as well.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-03-2020 21:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Coca cola seems like a good idea because of the acid but it doesn't have the vit c. Linus Pauling like the vit c.
06-03-2020 21:33
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
keepit wrote:

I have lost all faith in magic fruits or supplements. I once popped pills worth 100 bux a month to fight against going bald. Those pills supposedly should have fought against all range of diseased and ilnesses. Ecklonia kava, resveratrol , decalcify, iodine etc etc. All natural. But the thing is that after about half a year my left hip got into pretty bad pain. I started to search from google what the hell is wrong and turned out that joint pain is a common side effect of resveratrol. Many people have complained about joint pain when they supplemented with resveratrol. So I stopped all supplements cold turkey and never looked back. I only take vitamin C. Also organge juice is pretty bad for teeth. It is strongly acidic. If you sip it every day then it will erode your teeth.
06-03-2020 21:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

Spicy foods kill bacteria. I don't think I'd be thanking Harvey for orange juice because he lives in Fl. If so, thank him for NASA as well.
06-03-2020 23:06
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Coca cola seems like a good idea because of the acid but it doesn't have the vit c. Linus Pauling like the vit c.

I really don't care what Linux Pauling likes.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-03-2020 23:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Your loss ITN. Could it be you're just jealous? Someone with your talent that just hangs out on the internet would be frustrating. I know you have a business and that is fulfilling.
Edited on 06-03-2020 23:32
07-03-2020 09:39
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Linus Pauling like the vit c.

I know who he was. Back in the day I used to read vitamin c forum and I honestly belived that this could be the magic pill for anything health related. All of those theories about humans that have lost the ability to produce vitamin c on their own and animals whose organisms will up their vitamin c production through the roof during the illness seemed legit. So one time I started to megadose with vitamin c to bowel tolerance when I got flu and I hoped that illness is going to be easy this time. But it did not matter at all . I felt the same as always. I popped many pills during the first week( about 20 grams per day) and eventually I felt that my teeth are going to melt if I continue to pop those pills. So I backed down with pill popping and took only one 500mg pill per day. At least with me the megadosing was not effective.
07-03-2020 15:15
Third world guy
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
IBdaMann wrote:
Unless the awesome epidemiologist said that there is no cause to PANIC! and that there isn't going to be any economic damage ... that this is all a smokescreen generated to cover the current Democrat debacle.

Thanks to the Good Lord that we have IBDM in this forum. With him we no longer need encyclopedias or consult experts. He knows everything, any subject, and he is always right.

There are three kinds of climate change: that generated by natural factors; that generated by man; and that generated by economic interests.
Edited on 07-03-2020 15:15
07-03-2020 15:49
(5196)
Xadoman wrote:
Linus Pauling like the vit c.

I know who he was. Back in the day I used to read vitamin c forum and I honestly belived that this could be the magic pill for anything health related. All of those theories about humans that have lost the ability to produce vitamin c on their own and animals whose organisms will up their vitamin c production through the roof during the illness seemed legit. So one time I started to megadose with vitamin c to bowel tolerance when I got flu and I hoped that illness is going to be easy this time. But it did not matter at all . I felt the same as always. I popped many pills during the first week( about 20 grams per day) and eventually I felt that my teeth are going to melt if I continue to pop those pills. So I backed down with pill popping and took only one 500mg pill per day. At least with me the megadosing was not effective.

Mega dosing works, but only before you are actually infected. Vitamin C is only one factor. You have to address your overall health. Vitamins are essential nutrients, but you need the right balance. Vitamin C is water based, so it's safe in large quantities, the excess is simply flushed out. Mega dosing, only ensures that you are getting all you need. Staying hydrated is essential too. It's what keeps thing moving around efficiently, and the removal of waste materials.

There are no miracle cures. Supplements these days are over-hyped, many are basically useless, some can be dangerous. Quacks play to the convenience factor, perfect health in a pill. People are meant to move around, not sit at a desk. We were expected to hunt and gather food, not pop pills. Life is work, there really is no easy way to being in good health. Getting your nutrients through the foods you eat, are better quality, than what you get from supplements. Pills help, when it's difficult or impossible, but not a replacement, or alternative. Just better than nothing at all.
08-03-2020 19:33
(21588)
keepit wrote:...deleted Mantras 7...4b...26...27...

No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

08-03-2020 19:34
(21588)
Third world guy wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Thanks to the Good Lord that we have IBDM in this forum. With him we no longer need encyclopedias or consult experts. He knows everything, any subject, and he is always right.

Actually, there's this thing called 'math' that shows how useless panicking about this virus is and...well, never mind, you discard math already.

The Parrot Killer

08-03-2020 20:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
Could you show the math that causes you to conclude things about the novel corona virus COVID 19? Since this is a new virus you haven't shown it in any of your 10,000 posts.
09-03-2020 02:20
(14389)
Third world guy wrote: Thanks to the Good Lord that we have IBDM in this forum. With him we no longer need encyclopedias or consult experts. He knows everything, any subject, and he is always right.

I was mistaken once, so you can't write "always." Into the Night corrected me and we put the record straight.

Thanks Into the Night. It's good to have you on this board. I'm sure this is what Third world guy is trying to say.

09-03-2020 03:37
(5196)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Could you show the math that causes you to conclude things about the novel corona virus COVID 19? Since this is a new virus you haven't shown it in any of your 10,000 posts.

All the math and statistics are estimates and projections, based on known cases. Since most of those known cases, 80% barely notice symptoms, or thought it was a seasonal cold, there is no way of knowing the total number of cases. Testing is becoming more available, and we are going to start seeing some huge increases in known cases. I don't see it as the virus start spreading quicker, just more people being tested.
09-03-2020 19:25
(21588)
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Mantra 29. No argument presented. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 19:25
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
Third world guy wrote: Thanks to the Good Lord that we have IBDM in this forum. With him we no longer need encyclopedias or consult experts. He knows everything, any subject, and he is always right.

I was mistaken once, so you can't write "always." Into the Night corrected me and we put the record straight.

Thanks Into the Night. It's good to have you on this board. I'm sure this is what Third world guy is trying to say.

*humble bow*

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 19:27
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

All the math and statistics are estimates and projections, based on known cases. Since most of those known cases, 80% barely notice symptoms, or thought it was a seasonal cold, there is no way of knowing the total number of cases. Testing is becoming more available, and we are going to start seeing some huge increases in known cases. I don't see it as the virus start spreading quicker, just more people being tested.

That's right. I simply used the numbers as published in my math.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 23:40
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN,

He's already shown it in other threads about the corona virus.
09-03-2020 23:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

He's already shown it in other threads about the corona virus.

This is hilarious. Influenza was nothing. What we don't know
can't kill us. You are a fückng god damned genius. And I love you.

@All, it's great not being a native Englisger.
Edited on 09-03-2020 23:48

Join the debate thing 1, thing 2:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Strange thing happened on my way to work...303-07-2022 15:32
Carbon tax killed auto industry in Ontario. Good thing for China. So who paid them?120-04-2019 00:00
The most important thing for you to protect2615-03-2019 13:44
ARTIFICIAL LEAF - The next big thing in the fight against climate change!1706-09-2018 19:56
Why sea level rise will be a good thing.4806-09-2016 21:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact