Remember me
▼ Content

They said 2000 was the end of the world, then 2012 was the end of the world. Now 2100 is end of the world


They said 2000 was the end of the world, then 2012 was the end of the world. Now 2100 is end of the world?25-02-2019 16:19
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Prove it.

https://goo.gl/images/ftssfs
25-02-2019 16:34
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
Here is a map of the ocean rise if all the ice caps melted : [img]http://atlas-for-the-end-of-the-world.com/images/World_Maps/sea-level-rise.pdf[/img]
25-02-2019 16:43
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
Now here is a physical map of the UK and Ireland : If you compare both you see that places that are submerged are at the lower highs which is logical if the ocean increases by 1m. Now imagine if like on the first map all of the polar ice caps melt and the Ocean rises by 80 m.
Edited on 25-02-2019 16:44
25-02-2019 17:21
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Toloni wrote:
Now here is a physical map of the UK and Ireland : If you compare both you see that places that are submerged are at the lower highs which is logical if the ocean increases by 1m. Now imagine if like on the first map all of the polar ice caps melt and the Ocean rises by 80 m.


Where is sea level rise? Show me where.
25-02-2019 17:33
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
Now if we continue the more water and high the temperatures make more hurricanes, more stroms, etc. So let's say we don't learn from our mistakes and we continue polluting the world, well then temperatures will continue to rise ( due to the greenhouse effect ) and with no more ice caps to cool the world down we could make Earth so hot it would become unlivable for us and all other living species. This is how the planet would get destroyed. Now you can say that we and the other living species can adapt themselves except that this process happens over thousands or more often over million of years not the 2 or 3 hundreds of year we have before such an event.

So we can't escape this fate if we continue as we have for hundreds of years but if we change and adopt new ways of producing energy we might survive.
25-02-2019 17:35
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Toloni wrote:
Now here is a physical map of the UK and Ireland : If you compare both you see that places that are submerged are at the lower highs which is logical if the ocean increases by 1m. Now imagine if like on the first map all of the polar ice caps melt and the Ocean rises by 80 m.


Where is sea level rise? Show me where.

That's on the first map : [img]https://goo.gl/images/ftssfs[/img]the result of all of the polar ice caps melting.
Edited on 25-02-2019 17:37
25-02-2019 17:38
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Toloni wrote:
Now if we continue the more water and high the temperatures make more hurricanes, more stroms, etc. So let's say we don't learn from our mistakes and we continue polluting the world, well then temperatures will continue to rise ( due to the greenhouse effect ) and with no more ice caps to cool the world down we could make Earth so hot it would become unlivable for us and all other living species. This is how the planet would get destroyed. Now you can say that we and the other living species can adapt themselves except that this process happens over thousands or more often over million of years not the 2 or 3 hundreds of year we have before such an event.

So we can't escape this fate if we continue as we have for hundreds of years but if we change and adopt new ways of producing energy we might survive.


What higher temperature? Show me where.
25-02-2019 19:34
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
It is estimated that global temperature from now will go up by 4,5 degrees at worst : if today's global temperature is 0 it will be at 4,5 degrees if we don't do anything in 2100 and will continue rising.
25-02-2019 19:45
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
The difference between our movement and the conspiracy theories is that we act to prevent these problems. We don't hide and wait till it happens, because we know it's going to happen ( it was proven scientifically ) we act to stop it from happening.
25-02-2019 20:30
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2209)
Proven? Scientifically? It's just a lot of talk, Google search through scientific papers, and computer simulations. Scenarios are crafted, to sell a product, which is based on faith, because there is no records from before the last big ice age, or during. It's our first time recovering, and we can only guess at what normal is, therefore, no proof that CO2, 0.04% of the atmosphere, has anything to do with warming at all. Basically, everyone has to buy this on faith, just like a cult or religion, which promises great rewards for the devoted, and horrible death and damnation for those who don't.

Life will continue on this planet, regardless, the strong survive, as they always have. We migrate and adapt to the changing environment and climate, which has always changed, never stayed the same for long. Fighting to live in the past, and keep everything the same, is a foolish quest. A waste of time and resources, which are better spent keeping up with the changes all around us. We don't own the planet, we are just along for the ride.

I don't deny that the planet is warming, has been for 10,000 years or more. There is still a lot of ancient ice (ice core samples prove it), glaciers, polar ice. We are still recovering, and likely will continue for a good while yet.

Weather is driven by the difference in temperature, we won't see any radical changes, other than where it happens. Here in Florida, the climate change has made for milder weather, less severe overall. Sure, we still see the hurricanes, not as often though. During our rainy season, use to get severe afternoon/evening thunderstorms, pretty much daily. The don't last long, but dumped a lot of rain, strong winds, tornadoes. Storms last longer these days, but not having the torrential rains, high winds, or tornadoes. Winters are great, rarely, and barely get lower than mid 30s, seldom see frost, no ice. Summers, we hardly get up past the mid 90s, been a long time since we saw triple digits, unless they factor in humidity (heat index).

Plants are the basis of all food on the planet, and they like a warmer climate, and much higher levels of CO2. Doesn't matter what your dietary choice, your plate would be kind of empty, with out plants. Carnivores eat grazers for lunch... In a closed environment (greenhouse), we control the temperature, usually warmer, and we augment the CO2 (1200 ppm to 2000 ppm), 3 to 5 times higher than what is currently (400 ppm) considered dangerously high in the outside world. Seems obvious, and logical, that plants would be a good indicator of what is normal, and we haven't reach that yet. Seems pretty stupid to reduce the CO2, since plants would yield less, and we would have less food.
25-02-2019 21:03
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Toloni wrote:
It is estimated that global temperature from now will go up by 4,5 degrees at worst : if today's global temperature is 0 it will be at 4,5 degrees if we don't do anything in 2100 and will continue rising.


Computer gaming is not science. Never has been. Never will be.
25-02-2019 23:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
Here is a map of the ocean rise if all the ice caps melted : [img]http://atlas-for-the-end-of-the-world.com/images/World_Maps/sea-level-rise.pdf[/img]


Gunk. This is not data. It's speculation based on random numbers.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-02-2019 23:34
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
Could you both please tell me what is your age.
25-02-2019 23:43
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Toloni wrote:
Could you both please tell me what is your age.


As for me, I'm 34.
25-02-2019 23:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
Now if we continue the more water

Where is all this water coming from? The water level in Seattle hasn't changed one bit other than the usual tides.
Toloni wrote:
and high the temperatures
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. It is not possible to measure the global sea level.
Toloni wrote:
make more hurricanes,
There has been no increase in the number of intensity of hurricanes. See the National Hurricane Center historic data. High temperatures do not cause hurricanes.
Toloni wrote:
more stroms, etc.
No one is monitoring all the storms on Earth. It is not possible.
Toloni wrote:
So let's say we don't learn from our mistakes
What mistakes?
Toloni wrote:
and we continue polluting the world,
Void argument fallacy. Buzzword fallacy.
Toloni wrote:
well then temperatures will continue to rise
You can't create energy out of nothing, dude.
Toloni wrote:
( due to the greenhouse effect )
The 'greenhouse' effect violates the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

You cannot slow or trap heat.
You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.
You cannot create energy out of nothing.
You cannot warm the warmer surface using a colder gas.
You cannot reduce the radiance of Earth and increase its temperature at the same time.

You can't do it. You are denying theories of science.

Toloni wrote:
and with no more ice caps to cool the world down we could make Earth so hot it would become unlivable for us and all other living species.
The ice caps are not melting.
Toloni wrote:
This is how the planet would get destroyed.
The Earth is being destroyed.
Toloni wrote:
Now you can say that we and the other living species can adapt themselves except that this process happens over thousands or more often over million of years not the 2 or 3 hundreds of year we have before such an event.
Do you think you're going to live that long? Do you really think that anything you do is going to stop the next ice age from coming along in some 90,000 years? How about the one after that in 200,000 years?
Toloni wrote:
So we can't escape this fate if we continue as we have for hundreds of years but if we change and adopt new ways of producing energy we might survive.

YOU don't get to control the energy markets by dictat. You are not the king.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-02-2019 23:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
It is estimated that global temperature from now will go up by 4,5 degrees at worst : if today's global temperature is 0 it will be at 4,5 degrees if we don't do anything in 2100 and will continue rising.


Random numbers. This is not data. This is speculation.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-02-2019 23:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
The difference between our movement and the conspiracy theories
What conspiracy theories? Did you that actual conspiracies exist? The most prevalent these days is Marxism, which the Church of Global Warming is part of.
Toloni wrote:
is that we act to prevent these problems.
What problems?
Toloni wrote:
We don't hide and wait till it happens,
If it's not happening, it's not a problem. Speculating on doom on gloom is meaningless.
Toloni wrote:
because we know it's going to happen
No, you don't.
Toloni wrote:
( it was proven scientifically )
Science has no proofs. It can't predict either. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. It must turn to a closed system such as mathematics to gain the power of prediction. Where is your math formula?

You are also continuing to deny the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. These are existing theories of science. They have not been falsified. They are still in force. You can't just ignore them.

It is YOU that is denying science.

Toloni wrote:
we act to stop it from happening.

Stop what from happening? Nothing is happening.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-02-2019 23:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
Could you both please tell me what is your age.


Irrelevant. Age makes no difference to the arguments here. Bulverism fallacy. Bigotry.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Edited on 25-02-2019 23:58
26-02-2019 00:01
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
Why won't you say it if so irrelevant?
26-02-2019 00:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
Why won't you say it if so irrelevant?


Because it's irrelevant.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-02-2019 01:44
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
Ok well it proves that you won't do a fair debate. We are inheriting this world, this debate is mostly about age. Older people don't care about what is going to happen because it won't impact them.
Edited on 26-02-2019 01:44
26-02-2019 01:49
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
HarveyH55 wrote :Proven? Scientifically? It's just a lot of talk, Google search through scientific papers, and computer simulations. Scenarios are crafted, to sell a product, which is based on faith, because there is no records from before the last big ice age, or during. It's our first time recovering, and we can only guess at what normal is, therefore, no proof that CO2, 0.04% of the atmosphere, has anything to do with warming at all. Basically, everyone has to buy this on faith, just like a cult or religion, which promises great rewards for the devoted, and horrible death and damnation for those who don't.

Life will continue on this planet, regardless, the strong survive, as they always have. We migrate and adapt to the changing environment and climate, which has always changed, never stayed the same for long. Fighting to live in the past, and keep everything the same, is a foolish quest. A waste of time and resources, which are better spent keeping up with the changes all around us. We don't own the planet, we are just along for the ride.

I don't deny that the planet is warming, has been for 10,000 years or more. There is still a lot of ancient ice (ice core samples prove it), glaciers, polar ice. We are still recovering, and likely will continue for a good while yet.

Weather is driven by the difference in temperature, we won't see any radical changes, other than where it happens. Here in Florida, the climate change has made for milder weather, less severe overall. Sure, we still see the hurricanes, not as often though. During our rainy season, use to get severe afternoon/evening thunderstorms, pretty much daily. The don't last long, but dumped a lot of rain, strong winds, tornadoes. Storms last longer these days, but not having the torrential rains, high winds, or tornadoes. Winters are great, rarely, and barely get lower than mid 30s, seldom see frost, no ice. Summers, we hardly get up past the mid 90s, been a long time since we saw triple digits, unless they factor in humidity (heat index).

Plants are the basis of all food on the planet, and they like a warmer climate, and much higher levels of CO2. Doesn't matter what your dietary choice, your plate would be kind of empty, with out plants. Carnivores eat grazers for lunch... In a closed environment (greenhouse), we control the temperature, usually warmer, and we augment the CO2 (1200 ppm to 2000 ppm), 3 to 5 times higher than what is currently (400 ppm) considered dangerously high in the outside world. Seems obvious, and logical, that plants would be a good indicator of what is normal, and we haven't reach that yet. Seems pretty stupid to reduce the CO2, since plants would yield less, and we would have less food.
I'm sorry that you don't accept the truth and you want to keep the old way of things. When people say the movement doesn't want to endorse the choice you have made it's because living beings haven't changed the climate as we have that we are trying to adapt ourselves. It's because the Earth doesn't belong to us that we respecting it. I'm just applying what you don't want to hear.
26-02-2019 01:53
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
All of the speculations are the result of the application of the same laws you are telling me I don't respect. You cannot denie these statistics. As for you Tai Hai Chen unlike these other persons you will see the consequences of climate change, you will see who's right. And I think that if people my age are so determined to make changes it's probably because there are big problems that cannot wait to be solved.
26-02-2019 04:13
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2209)
The difference between my generation, and the younger generations, is real-world experience. We didn't get to sit at parents home playing video games, or watch in YouTube videos, until we were in our 20s (or later). Most of us worked, had chores at home, and if we wanted money, we had to go out and earn it. We read books, published when print still had value, and usually wasn't wasted on garbage. With the internet for everyone, publishers started printing anything, couldn't compete, or afford to publish nothing at all...

My generation earned everything we had, debt was a bad thing, and best paid back quickly. Public assistance was a thing of shame, something to avoid, and kept as short as possible. The younger generation are obsessed with credit scores, how much debt they can carry. Public assistance is something to be proud of, and to be used to the last penny their entitled to. Spend more time on social media, and cell phones, than actually meeting and talking to people directly. Everything seen on the internet, is the gospel truth.

Nothing stays the same, like living with mom and dad. Everyday, is a new challenge. Yesterday is past, no going back, can't bring it back, and no avoiding tomorrow. Climate Change is a non-issue, it happens, or not, no stopping it. Now, you can piss away your life, trying to preserve the past, but I'm always looking at ways to get by another day.
26-02-2019 04:34
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Toloni wrote:
All of the speculations are the result of the application of the same laws you are telling me I don't respect. You cannot denie these statistics. As for you Tai Hai Chen unlike these other persons you will see the consequences of climate change, you will see who's right. And I think that if people my age are so determined to make changes it's probably because there are big problems that cannot wait to be solved.


Your empty threats mean nothing.
26-02-2019 10:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
Ok well it proves that you won't do a fair debate.
There is nothing fair about any debate. You should get used to that.
Toloni wrote:
We are inheriting this world, this debate is mostly about age.
No, it's about the Church of Global Warming and its beliefs.
Toloni wrote:
Older people don't care about what is going to happen
Nothing is going to happen.
Toloni wrote:
because it won't impact them.

Because nothing is going to happen. It won't impact you either.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-02-2019 10:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote :Proven? Scientifically? ...

I'm sorry that you don't accept the truth

Your missionary effort failed, eh? Now you condemn. How typical of a fundamentalist.
Toloni wrote:
and you want to keep the old way of things.

Presentism fallacy.
Toloni wrote:
When people say the movement doesn't want to endorse the choice you have made it's because living beings haven't changed the climate as we have that we are trying to adapt ourselves.

Define 'climate change'. Void argument fallacy.
Toloni wrote:
It's because the Earth doesn't belong to us that we respecting it.

Irrelevant. Straw man fallacy.
Toloni wrote:
I'm just applying what you don't want to hear.

Void argument fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-02-2019 10:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
All of the speculations are the result of the application of the same laws you are telling me I don't respect.

WRONG. The 1st ad 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law do not speculate. Science isn't a casino.
Toloni wrote:
You cannot denie (deny) these statistics.
They are not statistics. They are random numbers of type randU. It is a fallacy to use them as data.
Toloni wrote:
As for you Tai Hai Chen unlike these other persons you will see the consequences of climate change,

Define 'climate change'. Void argument fallacy.
Toloni wrote:
you will see who's right.
Argument of the stick fallacy.
Toloni wrote:
And I think that if people my age are so determined to make changes it's probably because there are big problems that cannot wait to be solved.

False dichotomy fallacy.

There is no problem. You have no data. A simple average is not statistical math. You are denying science once again.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-02-2019 12:39
Toloni
☆☆☆☆☆
(24)
LOL

You can only counter my evidence by shouting as loud as you can that what I'm saying is wrong. You name everything that you don't agree with as a fallacy, socialism, fascism or as a religion. You also so say that the laws you use are right but the application (application: the action of putting something into operation) of them is wrong : for example you could talk to me about the special relativity theory and if I talked to you about the equation E = mc^2 you'd say it's wrong. You say that all of my defenitions are wrong (wrong: not correct or true; incorrect) because you don't like them. And last but not least you're ego is so big that it bends space and time and you don't understand that what you're thinking is running slower than what is happening.

Love, from planet Earth
26-02-2019 18:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
Toloni wrote:
LOL

You can only counter my evidence by shouting as loud as you can that what I'm saying is wrong. You name everything that you don't agree with as a fallacy, socialism, fascism or as a religion. You also so say that the laws you use are right but the application (application: the action of putting something into operation) of them is wrong : for example you could talk to me about the special relativity theory and if I talked to you about the equation E = mc^2 you'd say it's wrong. You say that all of my defenitions are wrong (wrong: not correct or true; incorrect) because you don't like them. And last but not least you're ego is so big that it bends space and time and you don't understand that what you're thinking is running slower than what is happening.

Love, from planet Earth


Spam. Already answered.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-02-2019 19:45
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Toloni wrote:
LOL

You can only counter my evidence by shouting as loud as you can that what I'm saying is wrong. You name everything that you don't agree with as a fallacy, socialism, fascism or as a religion. You also so say that the laws you use are right but the application (application: the action of putting something into operation) of them is wrong : for example you could talk to me about the special relativity theory and if I talked to you about the equation E = mc^2 you'd say it's wrong. You say that all of my defenitions are wrong (wrong: not correct or true; incorrect) because you don't like them. And last but not least you're ego is so big that it bends space and time and you don't understand that what you're thinking is running slower than what is happening.

Love, from planet Earth


Computer gaming and future telling ain't science. Never has been. Never will be.




Join the debate They said 2000 was the end of the world, then 2012 was the end of the world. Now 2100 is end of the world:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
ICE AGE?: Is The End OF The Interglacial Phase Coming Or Have We Accidentally Saved Humanity With Fossil 14423-06-2020 21:01
Hurricane season coming. Lockdown end?523-04-2020 19:37
The Only Way To End The Economic Trade War Is Avoid The "Currency Middle Man"120-01-2020 06:06
Amazon, The End Is Near...920-09-2019 21:36
Ending climate change requires the end of capitalism1519-03-2019 04:56
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact