Remember me
▼ Content

There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N2

Page 14 of 14<<<121314
24-01-2020 02:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:...you are missing quite a bit....

So gfm7175 you consider these twelve reference to be bogus? ITN calls them false authority, which means they are not from credible sources:

Not the meaning of 'false authority'. Already described why. RDCF. False authority fallacy.

The ONLY authoritative reference to any theory of science is the theory itself.

I love it! I provide no less than three references showing the definition of "False Authority" and ITN denies all three and provides no reference of his own.

You have shown NO valid references, liar. I have already answered your question. RDCF. RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
You can just never admit you made a mistake ITN. So you have to live with all of them forever

Thought terminating cliche fallacy. Redefinition fallacy (logic<->void).
tmiddles wrote:
Where is there a good reference on the logical fallacies?

Logic.
tmiddles wrote:
Can you recommend one? Seems you've been making up your own and they don't correspond to anything ever written down by anyone else?

Logic.
tmiddles wrote:
How about these?:
...deleted Amazon catalog...
Are any of those accurate? What would you trust as a guide?

False authority fallacies.
tmiddles wrote:
I want to get my terminology right.

There is no 'official list' of fallacies. Learn logic.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-01-2020 02:08
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
You have shown NO valid references, liar.
I'm asking you for one ITN. You are giving the names of fallacies all day long on here, all of which reference definitions. Where, according to you, can I find the best and most accurate definitions? You tell me.

And no you never have before.
24-01-2020 02:20
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You have shown NO valid references, liar.
I'm asking you for one ITN. You are giving the names of fallacies all day long on here, all of which reference definitions. Where, according to you, can I find the best and most accurate definitions? You tell me.

And no you never have before.

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-01-2020 02:21
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA

How did you learn the definitions of all the fallacies ITN?
24-01-2020 02:35
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

24-01-2020 03:24
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA

RQAA

24-01-2020 06:17
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA

RQAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_jWEuN8New

This is the debate, it's ugly

Compared to you guys, nothing to discuss.
Edited on 24-01-2020 06:27
29-01-2023 21:31
kent5915
☆☆☆☆☆
(11)
I am somewhat new to this forum and may give up soon

Before I do I want to say that CO2 is a triatomic gas while N2 and O2 are diatomic gas. That means that the size of N2 and O2 roughly speaking is about 66% that of CO2.

If you watch one of those hopeless/hapless videos that are suppose to prove the green house gas effect (where a bottle of CO2 is placed beside a bottle of air and a light with infrared component is shone onto them). You will note that the air heats up at approx 2/3 the rate that CO2 heats up

So yes CO2 heats up more than N2 or O2

However our atmosphere is 99% N2 and O2 while CO2 is only 0.04%

So the biggest contributors to retaining heat on our planet has to be O2 and N2

The fact that all gases heat up (absorb radiation in infrared as shown by Thomas Allmendinger in 2016) tells me that the whole atmosphere is Earth's thermal blanket

As I state in my recent paper New thermodynamics: How mankind's use of energy influences climate change" (published dec 2022 in Hadronic Journal)

The whole atmosphere is Earth's thermal blanket and it is man's energy use that has caused climate change

Kent Mayhew
30-01-2023 02:11
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA

RQAA

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2023 02:14
(21597)
kent5915 wrote:
I am somewhat new to this forum and may give up soon
[quote]kent5915 wrote:
Before I do I want to say that CO2 is a triatomic gas while N2 and O2 are diatomic gas. That means that the size of N2 and O2 roughly speaking is about 66% that of CO2.

If you watch one of those hopeless/hapless videos that are suppose to prove the green house gas effect (where a bottle of CO2 is placed beside a bottle of air and a light with infrared component is shone onto them). You will note that the air heats up at approx 2/3 the rate that CO2 heats up

So yes CO2 heats up more than N2 or O2

However our atmosphere is 99% N2 and O2 while CO2 is only 0.04%

So the biggest contributors to retaining heat on our planet has to be O2 and N2

It is not possible to trap heat.
kent5915 wrote:
The fact that all gases heat up (absorb radiation in infrared as shown by Thomas Allmendinger in 2016) tells me that the whole atmosphere is Earth's thermal blanket

The atmosphere is not an insulator.
kent5915 wrote:
As I state in my recent paper New thermodynamics: How mankind's use of energy influences climate change" (published dec 2022 in Hadronic Journal)

Your paper is not accessible.
kent5915 wrote:
The whole atmosphere is Earth's thermal blanket and it is man's energy use that has caused climate change

The atmosphere is not an insulator. Define 'climate change'. There is no value associated with climate. It cannot change. There is no value that is changing.

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2023 05:23
(3979)
kent5915 wrote:
The whole atmosphere is Earth's thermal blanket

But we know that radiance will pass through O2 and N2 but not CO2. That is the whole reason it is called a green house gas.

Certainly all the mass of the atmosphere can have the thermal energy in it and act as a blanket.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
30-01-2023 06:00
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
kent5915 wrote:
The whole atmosphere is Earth's thermal blanket

But we know that radiance will pass through O2 and N2 but not CO2. That is the whole reason it is called a green house gas.
Mantras 31..20b5...20e2...20g...20q1...20q2...20q5...
tmiddles wrote:
Certainly all the mass of the atmosphere can have the thermal energy in it and act as a blanket.

Mantras 20a3...20a4.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 30-01-2023 06:02
30-01-2023 07:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
tmiddles wrote:Certainly all the mass of the atmosphere can have the thermal energy in it and act as a blanket.

This is one of the most common fallacies. You are claiming that the atmosphere is a "blanket" for the earth, i.e.separate from the earth, i.e.not part of the earth, ... except that it is part of the earth and cannot be treated separately.

You understand this. You are intentionally spreading disinformation. So much for your new year's resolution to be honest.
30-01-2023 07:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
kent5915 wrote:So the biggest contributors to retaining heat on our planet has to be O2 and N2

Heat is not something that can be "retained" or "contained" or "trapped." Hence, this is not occuring

I realize that you have a substantive amount of emotional and social equity invested in your views, mistaken as they are. Remember that it is better to start over with new information than to cling to the tired, erroneous chants that have long-since been debunked.

I stand ready to help you as needed.
Page 14 of 14<<<121314

Join the debate There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N2:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Some can take the heat, and214-10-2023 13:26
I have a theory12316-06-2023 19:16
Evolutionary Biology and the Endosymbiotic Theory of Consciousness.11108-06-2023 02:39
Articles
Theory
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact