Remember me
▼ Content

There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N2

Page 10 of 14<<<89101112>>>
21-12-2019 03:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Only one person has ever questioned my aviation credentials but he's still my friend.
That Boeing Field aviation weather report has some facts i don't recognize but it's been a long time. It talks about cloud cover ranging from scattered to overcast at various altitudes, rain began... etc.
So you can't answer the question, "what color is the sky?", eh?
keepit wrote:
My credentials for most of this science here came mostly from Great Courses,

You deny science.
keepit wrote:
various popular books
Books are not science.
keepit wrote:
and educational TV
TV is not science.
keepit wrote:
and don't forget about Wikipedia,
Wikipedia dismissed. It's not science either.
keepit wrote:
and a science degree from waaaay back.
I don't believe you.
keepit wrote:
Tell me about your training. IBDM refused.

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-12-2019 03:03
(21559)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Just responding to IBDM's post on this thread at 1:58 about printing dollars. It sure does bug him.
Printing dollars to pay off treasuries doesn't increase the amount of dollars through time because the treasuries had to be paid off with dollars at some point. The words "through time" are key here.

Treasuries don't have to be paid off.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-12-2019 03:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
What do you mean, "They don't have to be paid off". They have to be paid off plus interest.
21-12-2019 03:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
There you go again ITN. Trying to start a debate about the color of the sky.
That bit about AA on your credentials is something i missed. would you mind repeating it.
You don't believe i have a science degree from waaay back?
I don't know why i'm so talkative today.
21-12-2019 03:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
What do you mean, "They don't have to be paid off". They have to be paid off plus interest.

In the 20th century when we had mild inflation, the debt over time was devalued. That's not happening today. And with increased trade deficits there is less tax revenue from American manufacturing. Kind of why we have over $20 trillion in debt.
21-12-2019 03:48
(21559)
keepit wrote:

There is no interest. The treasury is not a loan. There is nothing to pay off.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 03:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I don't get your answer. Treasuries are loans to the US govt.
21-12-2019 03:51
(21559)
keepit wrote:
There you go again ITN. Trying to start a debate about the color of the sky.

YOU wanted a debate about the color of the sky. Inversion fallacy.

KBFI 210053Z VRB03KT 4SM -RA BR BKN008 OVC023 08/07 A2976 RMK AO2 SLP077 P0008 T00830072

What color is the sky over Boeing field right now?

keepit wrote:
That bit about AA on your credentials is something i missed. would you mind repeating it.

RQAA
keepit wrote:
You don't believe i have a science degree from waaay back?

RQAA
keepit wrote:
I don't know why i'm so talkative today.

Like usual, you talk a lot and say nothing.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 03:52
(21559)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:

In the 20th century when we had mild inflation, the debt over time was devalued. That's not happening today. And with increased trade deficits there is less tax revenue from American manufacturing. Kind of why we have over $20 trillion in debt.

Debt doesn't devalue.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 03:54
(21559)
keepit wrote:
I don't get your answer. Treasuries are loans to the US govt.

No, it isn't. The treasury is the money held for governmental purposes by the U.S. government.

Are you thinking of bonds? Bonds are notes sold to people willing to invest in the U.S. government. These are loans from the buyers of these bonds. If you just print money to pay off the bonds, the owners of these bonds are being paid back with valueless dollars. That's the equivalent of the U.S. welching on the debt.

Guess what? People will stop buying U.S. bonds.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 21-12-2019 03:57
21-12-2019 04:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ITN,
What has you confused here is the word "treasuries". "treasuries" refers to bonds, notes, and bills that the Treasury itself gives to the buyer in exchange for money. . It carries the promise to pay it back with interest.
Just plug that definition into the word "treasuries" and reread the posts concerning the word and you will understand. You are like some doctors who think because they understand medicine, they can fly a plane. Sometimes it is pretty bad.

Also, debt does devalue with time and inflation.
Edited on 21-12-2019 04:06
21-12-2019 20:48
(21559)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
What has you confused here is the word "treasuries". "treasuries" refers to bonds, notes, and bills that the Treasury itself gives to the buyer in exchange for money.

No. Treasury refers to the treasury. Nothing else.
keepit wrote:
It carries the promise to pay it back with interest.
You are talking about bonds, not the treasury.
keepit wrote:
Just plug that definition into the word "treasuries" and reread the posts concerning the word and you will understand.

Pay attention. RQAA.
keepit wrote:
You are like some doctors who think because they understand medicine, they can fly a plane.

If they have a pilot's license, they can fly a plane. Done.
keepit wrote:
Sometimes it is pretty bad.
So now you say doctors can't fly a plane. YALIF.
keepit wrote:
Also, debt does devalue with time and inflation.

Nope. Debt INCREASES with time. That's the interest. It does not devalue at all.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 22:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Sooo argumentative. What a waste!!!
21-12-2019 22:42
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Sooo argumentative. What a waste!!!

Now you consider your arguments that you brought up a waste of time??? WTF????

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 23:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
How about changing the subject for a minute.
Re: "the Data Mine" and "The Manual". I can't find these sources when i google them. Where are they from and do any American Universities use them as a source of education for their students.
22-12-2019 01:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
keepit wrote: How about changing the subject for a minute.
Re: "the Data Mine" and "The Manual". I can't find these sources when i google them.

Are you surprised? Are you one of those warmizombies who underlines passages in Wikipedia and who believes that Google is the source of all knowledge?

You have been provided links to both on multiple occasions, so I know that you know how to find them.

keepit wrote: Where are they from and do any American Universities use them as a source of education for their students.

The Global Warming Mythology Reference Manual, or The MANUAL, is simply a capturing of the professions, prayers, devotions and expressions of faith made by the warmizombies most knowledgeable in Climate Science. If you have a problem with any of the content therein then you can take it up with Climate Scientists. Otherwise you are not going to find any inaccuracies therein.

The MANUAL is a reference document only, intended for nonbelievers who are trying to make sense of the gibberish.

The Data Mine is a helpful tool for warmizombies who want to at least understand why their religious dogma is not accepted by scientists as "valid data." The Data Mine outlines the requirements for a dataset to be valid and to enable the valid drawing of stated conclusions.

Since warmizombies are not interested in science or in offering valid data, the Data Mine is not required reading for them. It is merely offered as a suggestion with little expectation that it will be heeded. You will not find any inaccuracies in the Data Mine either.

[*find-THEMANUALANDTHEDATAMINE]

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-12-2019 02:01
Dsilka7147
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
I was reading a blog earlier that said climate change isn't just the heat, it's the pillaging of resources from natural areas. We need these resources and so do individual communities. I don't believe scientists would lie, it's not their job to lie they're the good guys! the article I read was on here: https://greenfuturelife.weebly.com/
22-12-2019 02:30
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Dsilka7147 wrote:
I was reading a blog earlier that said climate change isn't just the heat, it's the pillaging of resources from natural areas. We need these resources and so do individual communities. I don't believe scientists would lie, it's not their job to lie they're the good guys! the article I read was on here: https://greenfuturelife.weebly.com/

Sadly many countries like importing from China because of their lax environmental standards. And a link to another link is discouraging.
22-12-2019 02:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
IBDM,
Basically i wanted to know who produced it and is it used by American universities.

It's true that you've referenced links to both of those sources but i don't click on links for security purposes. Also, are those publications available at Amazon or local bookstores.
Edited on 22-12-2019 02:41
22-12-2019 04:57
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:No mountains are blown up to mine coal.
https://www.worldcoal.org/coal/coal-mining
Not blowing up a mountain either.

ITN's ability to look at a fact (TRUMP calling for a ban on Muslims for example) and to simply believe it is not only NOT true but that the opposite is true is truly amazing. I wish I could inject him into everything in the world I'd like to discredit.

Mountaintop Removal 101 "Many Appalachian coal seams lie deep beneath the surface of the mountains. Accessing these seams can require the removal of 600 feet or more of elevation. Blowing up this much mountain is accomplished by using millions of pounds of explosives."

The Last Mountain — New Documentary Chronicles Coal Mining's Collateral Damage
"A typical Mountain Top Removal mine is blown up, mined and covered up in nine years. "

End Mountaintop Removal Week: Stop Blowing Up Appalachia! "Mountaintop removal kills endangered species, permanently pollutes streams and has been linked to cancer and birth defects in people. More than 1.4 million acres of hardwood forests and 2,000 miles of streams have been lost. We need to stop blowing up Appalachia."

Dsilka7147 wrote:it's the pillaging of resources from natural areas. We need these resources and so do individual communities.
Well said! Even if coal didn't have any impact beyond the aftermath of mining it, it would still be a terrible way to get energy. We need to shut coal down and vote out any moron in office fighting for it out as well.
22-12-2019 07:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

ITN's ability to look at a fact (TRUMP calling for a ban on Muslims for example) and to simply believe it is not only NOT true but that the opposite is true is truly amazing. I wish I could inject him into everything in the world I'd like to discredit.

Mountaintop Removal 101 "Many Appalachian coal seams lie deep beneath the surface of the mountains. Accessing these seams can require the removal of 600 feet or more of elevation. Blowing up this much mountain is accomplished by using millions of pounds of explosives."

The Last Mountain — New Documentary Chronicles Coal Mining's Collateral Damage
"A typical Mountain Top Removal mine is blown up, mined and covered up in nine years. "

End Mountaintop Removal Week: Stop Blowing Up Appalachia! "Mountaintop removal kills endangered species, permanently pollutes streams and has been linked to cancer and birth defects in people. More than 1.4 million acres of hardwood forests and 2,000 miles of streams have been lost. We need to stop blowing up Appalachia."

Dsilka7147 wrote:it's the pillaging of resources from natural areas. We need these resources and so do individual communities.
Well said! Even if coal didn't have any impact beyond the aftermath of mining it, it would still be a terrible way to get energy. We need to shut coal down and vote out any moron in office fighting for it out as well.

First we need to understand how CO2 supports the ozone layer. I forgot, chocolate is bad for you. Running is a waste of time. Things from the 50's
22-12-2019 07:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
IBDM and ITN,
You keep reciting the same themes, for 5 years on this website.
Don't you guys get tired of the same old stuff?
I know, i know - define "stuff".
22-12-2019 18:06
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
keepit wrote:
IBDM,
Basically i wanted to know who produced it and is it used by American universities.

It's true that you've referenced links to both of those sources but i don't click on links for security purposes. Also, are those publications available at Amazon or local bookstores.

He made it himself, it's idiotic.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
22-12-2019 18:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
IBDM and ITN,

This is common in many forums.
22-12-2019 18:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
James,
I know. It's annoying. We need more variety.
22-12-2019 18:50
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
They seem to be practicing some form of pataphysics.

https://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/pataphysics-is-dead-serious/
22-12-2019 20:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
spot,
i tried reading that article but my attention span is too short. Thanks anyway.
22-12-2019 20:39
(21559)
Dsilka7147 wrote:
I was reading a blog earlier that said climate change isn't just the heat, it's the pillaging of resources from natural areas.

Define 'climate change'. Define 'pillaging of resources'.
These are buzzwords used by the Church of Global Warming and the Church of Green, respectively. They are meaningless.
Dsilka7147 wrote:
We need these resources and so do individual communities. I don't believe scientists would lie, it's not their job to lie they're the good guys! the article I read was on here: https://greenfuturelife.weebly.com/

Science has nothing to do with this. Scientists are people. There are evil and mad scientists just as there are good scientists. Science itself is not people at all.

The Parrot Killer

22-12-2019 20:40
(21559)
James___ wrote:
Dsilka7147 wrote:

Sadly many countries like importing from China because of their lax environmental standards. And a link to another link is discouraging.

So buy U.S. made products. Help out Trump.

The Parrot Killer

22-12-2019 20:44
(21559)
keepit wrote:
IBDM,

RQAA.
keepit wrote:
It's true that you've referenced links to both of those sources but i don't click on links for security purposes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You stuff Holy Links in peoples faces all the time! You are admitting now that you never read ANY of those links???

keepit wrote:
Also, are those publications available at Amazon or local bookstores.

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

22-12-2019 21:01
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

ITN's ability to look at a fact (TRUMP calling for a ban on Muslims for example) and to simply believe it is not only NOT true but that the opposite is true is truly amazing.

Trump never banned Muslims nor called for it. RDCF. RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
I wish I could inject him into everything in the world I'd like to discredit.

You can't inject a vacuum.
tmiddles wrote:
Mountaintop Removal 101 "Many Appalachian coal seams lie deep beneath the surface of the mountains. Accessing these seams can require the removal of 600 feet or more of elevation.

600 feet? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! We don't call those mountains. We call those hills. We bulldoze stuff like that out of the way to build a freeway interchange around here!
tmiddles wrote:
Blowing up this much mountain is accomplished by using millions of pounds of explosives.

One stick of dynamite at a time. Great fun.
tmiddles wrote:
Mountaintop removal kills endangered species,

Void argument fallacy. Define 'endangered species'.
tmiddles wrote:
permanently pollutes streams

Void argument fallacy. Define 'pollution'.
tmiddles wrote:
and has been linked to cancer

'Linked to cancer'??? Seriously??? You are going to pull THAT old tired phrase out and use it???
tmiddles wrote:
and birth defects in people.

Birth defects???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How does the presence or lack of presence of a hill cause cancer or birth defects????
tmiddles wrote:
More than 1.4 million acres of hardwood forests

Argument from randU fallacy. You are quoting made up numbers again.
tmiddles wrote:
and 2,000 miles of streams have been lost.

Argument from randU fallacy. You are quoting made up numbers again.
tmiddles wrote:
We need to stop blowing up Appalachia."

No one is blowing up Appalachia.
tmiddles wrote:
Well said!

Using undefined words and phrase is well said???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
tmiddles wrote:
Even if coal didn't have any impact beyond the aftermath of mining it,

Moving a hill around to get at the coal is not much of an impact.
tmiddles wrote:
it would still be a terrible way to get energy.

YOU don't get to dictate energy markets. The energy market disagrees with you.
tmiddles wrote:
We need to shut coal down

YOU don't get to dictate energy markets. You are not the king.
tmiddles wrote:
and vote out any moron in office fighting for it out as well.

Fascism is illegal in the United States. You can't use the government to dictate energy markets either.

The Parrot Killer

22-12-2019 21:03
(21559)
keepit wrote:
IBDM and ITN,

Did you know that the laws of thermodynamics which you keep denying haven't changed?
Did you know that the Stefan-Boltzmann law which you keep denying hasn't changed?
Did you know that the mathematics you keep denying hasn't changed?
Did you know that you STILL have not defined 'climate change' or 'global warming'?

The Parrot Killer

22-12-2019 21:07
(21559)
spot wrote:
keepit wrote:
IBDM,

The Data Mine thread was created here by me. It simply set up an area for people to contribute data as long as it conformed to clearly specified rules laid out in the opening piece of the thread. See the Data Mine thread for details.

The Manual also was started as a thread here by me, known as the Wordsmith thread...a similar thread that requested definitions, but they had to conform to clearly specified rules. See the Wordsmith thread for details. The Manual came as a result of some definitions contributed to the Wordsmith thread. The source of those definitions is the Church of Global Warming itself.

You say those definitions are idiotic. Fine. Let's start with the simple stuff first: define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

22-12-2019 22:02
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
keepit wrote:
IBDM,

. Let's start with the simple stuff first: define 'climate change'.

define define first

Might seem a stupid question but I don't really think we agree on what a definition is, I don't believe in Voodoo but I can define it.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
22-12-2019 23:26
(14373)
spot wrote:define define first
Might seem a stupid question but I don't really think we agree on what a definition is, I don't believe in Voodoo but I can define it.

Fortunately for science, it doesn't matter with what you agree. If you cannot unambiguously define the global climate such that physics can apply, all you have is religious dogma-babble.

It appears that you are fine leaving it at this point. I second your motion.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-12-2019 23:29
(14373)
keepit wrote:
IBDM and ITN,

keepit, you keep regurgitating the same crap that been reamed into you. Don't you get tired of being a tool?

22-12-2019 23:35
(14373)
spot wrote:He made it himself, it's idiotic.

I captured all the religious dogma contained therein. That is all I did. Climate Scientists are responsible for that dogma.

This is why you cannot find any inaccuracies ... which would otherwise abound if I had actually created any of the religious dogma contained therein.

23-12-2019 01:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ITN,
You say i "stuff links into peoples' faces all the time."
ITN, i don't even know how to post a link on the internet!
23-12-2019 04:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I just read the Stefan Boltzman law on Wikipedia. It says the temp of earth is higher than the SB law would indicate because earth's atmosphere causes a greenhouse effect. In other words, earth's atmosphere slows down the transfer of heat from earth to outer space.
That is Wiki's SB law.
ITN and IBDM don't get their own SB law.
23-12-2019 05:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
I just read the Stefan Boltzman law on Wikipedia. It says the temp of earth is higher than the SB law would indicate because earth's atmosphere causes a greenhouse effect. In other words, earth's atmosphere slows down the transfer of heat from earth to outer space.
That is Wiki's SB law.
ITN and IBDM don't get their own SB law.

Only two options here as I see it.

Wiki has either falsified the Stefan Boltzman law, or they flat out deny it. Which do you think it is?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 23-12-2019 05:24
Page 10 of 14<<<89101112>>>

Join the debate There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N2:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Some can take the heat, and214-10-2023 13:26
I have a theory12316-06-2023 19:16
Evolutionary Biology and the Endosymbiotic Theory of Consciousness.11108-06-2023 02:39
Articles
Theory
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact