Remember me
▼ Content

There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N2

Page 9 of 14<<<7891011>>>
20-12-2019 22:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:
It's just too much work to unravel all your misinterpretations ITN.

Who said anything about depleted C14?

tmiddles. Try to pay attention.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-12-2019 22:19
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Wikipedia explains how the C14 got there. No matter how radioactive we are there is not a good reason to add more radioactivity to us.
I knew one of you guys way going to say something like "if a little radioactivity is OK, then more radioactivity is also OK".

C14 isn't dangerous due to it's radioactivity. It's in all living things. So you have more C14 in your body right now than a piece of coal does.

So it's nothing to worry about.
20-12-2019 22:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I looked further into it and found that C14 emits LOW ENERGY beta radiation which if i recall isn't nearly as dangerous as high energy beta radiation.
At my age i don't worry about such things so much. It takes time for effects of moderate radiation exposure.
I'm not sure what Prof. Wysessions was concerned about when he said that coal use has caused more radiation release than nuclear power plants.
20-12-2019 22:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Telomeres is genetic material at the end of chromosomes which protect the DNA from degradation form various sources. Telomere degradation leads to aging and death.
Does anyone know if beta radiation from C14 has an effect on telomere reconstruction?
There is so much C14 around.
20-12-2019 23:41
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Telomeres is genetic material at the end of chromosomes which protect the DNA from degradation form various sources. Telomere degradation leads to aging and death.
Does anyone know if beta radiation from C14 has an effect on telomere reconstruction?

I just did a quick check. It's not C14. Coal power plants put out:
"In fact, the coal ash emitted by a power plant—a by-product from burning coal for electricity—carries into the surrounding environment 100 times more radiation than a nuclear power plant producing the same amount of energy. At issue is coal's content of uranium and thorium, both radioactive elements."

So yes there is a radioactive risk in coal production but it's those two culprits
21-12-2019 00:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Thanks for the clarification Tmid. You're the best.
21-12-2019 00:44
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
Wikipedia explains how the C14 got there. No matter how radioactive we are there is not a good reason to add more radioactivity to us.
I knew one of you guys way going to say something like "if a little radioactivity is OK, then more radioactivity is also OK".

C14 isn't dangerous due to it's radioactivity. It's in all living things. So you have more C14 in your body right now than a piece of coal does.

So it's nothing to worry about.

This image is wrong.

You can't convert carbon to nitrogen by losing a proton (that makes boron, not nitrogen).

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-12-2019 00:46
(21559)
keepit wrote:
I looked further into it and found that C14 emits LOW ENERGY beta radiation which if i recall isn't nearly as dangerous as high energy beta radiation.
At my age i don't worry about such things so much. It takes time for effects of moderate radiation exposure.
I'm not sure what Prof. Wysessions was concerned about when he said that coal use has caused more radiation release than nuclear power plants.

Probably trying to demonize coal, like other liberal idiots do.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 00:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
But that avoids the whole point of this post doesn't it?
21-12-2019 00:48
(21559)
keepit wrote:

None. That is not the function of telomeres either.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 00:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Liberal idiots you say ITN?
21-12-2019 00:50
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:

I just did a quick check. It's not C14. Coal power plants put out:
"In fact, the coal ash emitted by a power plant—a by-product from burning coal for electricity—carries into the surrounding environment 100 times more radiation than a nuclear power plant producing the same amount of energy. At issue is coal's content of uranium and thorium, both radioactive elements."

So yes there is a radioactive risk in coal production but it's those two culprits

Nope. Raw uranium or thorium are not dangerous when spread over a large area. You probably freak out about radon being everywhere too. Then's there's cosmic rays. Then is yourself. YOU are a source of radiation.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 00:50
(21559)
keepit wrote:
But that avoids the whole point of this post doesn't it?

No, it IS the point of the post.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 00:51
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Liberal idiots you say ITN?

Yes.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 00:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
All true ITN but like i said you are trying to say that just because a little radiation is ok, then more radiation is also ok.
21-12-2019 00:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
You would argue about the color of the sky on a rainy day ITN and that just doesn't lead to advancing learning does it?
21-12-2019 01:06
(21559)
keepit wrote:
All true ITN but like i said you are trying to say that just because a little radiation is ok, then more radiation is also ok.

Radiation is not additive.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 01:07
(21559)
keepit wrote:
You would argue about the color of the sky on a rainy day ITN and that just doesn't lead to advancing learning does it?

KBFI 202253Z VRB03KT 3SM -RA BR SCT005 BKN008 OVC023 09/08 A2975 RMK AO2 SLP074 P0014 T00890078

It is currently raining in the Seattle area. What is the color of the sky?

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 21-12-2019 01:12
21-12-2019 01:09
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
Coal is a horrible energy source much of the time.

Would this be a beautiful country to fly over ITN? Trump loves it

Coal is for losers.
21-12-2019 01:09
(3979)
Edited on 21-12-2019 01:12
21-12-2019 01:11
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I knew you'd try to start a debate on the color of the sky on a rainy day.

I would like to know your thoughts on the additive effects (or not) of radiation.
I don't need flying lessons though. Haven't needed them in fifty years - except for now and then for type ratings.
21-12-2019 01:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Tmid,
We might not need even anthracite coal any more (used for the production of coke for the production of steel). Bill gates has a project to eliminate the need for anthracite.

Nat gas is much less harmful.
21-12-2019 01:19
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Coal is a horrible energy source much of the time.

Would this be a beautiful country to fly over ITN? Trump loves it

Coal is for losers.

Propaganda.

Virginia

Wyoming

Is IS beautiful country to fly over. Two States that produce a lot of coal.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 21-12-2019 01:27
21-12-2019 01:21
(3979)
keepit wrote:
yeah natural gas works well. Coal is lame.
Coal polutes the air. You dont need the fear of radioactivity or anything else to know bad air is dangerous.
21-12-2019 01:25
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:

Blow up a mountain and leave it to ITN to still see the mountain after its gone. The power of self delusion.
21-12-2019 01:29
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
yeah natural gas works well.

Tougher to transport. Modern pipelines leak a lot less of it though.
tmiddles wrote:
Coal is lame.

Is that why people use it?
tmiddles wrote:
Coal pollutes the air.

Define 'pollution'.
tmiddles wrote:
You dont need the fear of radioactivity or anything else to know bad air is dangerous.

Define 'bad air'.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 01:29
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Blow up a mountain and leave it to ITN to still see the mountain after its gone. The power of self delusion.

No mountains are blown up to mine coal.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 01:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Coal is being used less.
Would you like to be a coal miner?
21-12-2019 01:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
keepit wrote: No matter how radioactive we are there is not a good reason to add more radioactivity to us.

There's a very good reason to add more C-14 to our bodies ... we need to breathe.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-12-2019 01:52
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

https://www.worldcoal.org/coal/coal-mining

"The overburden of soil and rock is first broken up by explosives; it is then removed by draglines or by shovel and truck. "

Too funny they call the surface "overburden"
21-12-2019 01:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
IBTM,
I'll take the CO2 with carbon 12. You can have the CO2 with carbon 14.
I know, i know, you won't get the gist of this.
21-12-2019 01:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
keepit wrote: You would argue about the color of the sky on a rainy day ITN and that just doesn't lead to advancing learning does it?

I don't recall him ever arguing about the color of the sky on a rainy day however I *do* recall you arguing that printing dollars doesn't increase the number of dollars.

You will argue anything stupid just for attention. You don't care if you are disrupting a thread and you don't care if your gibbering doesn't lead to advancing learning.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-12-2019 02:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Trash talk IBDM.
I don't know why you don't understand posts. Maybe you grew up in a different country with a different culture so that there is a "translation of meanings"problem.
BTW, you forgot t include the words "to pay off debt" when you ranted about me and the subject of printing and paying off debt. Including the phrase "to pay off debt" changes the meaning.
Edited on 21-12-2019 02:10
21-12-2019 02:10
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: ... lead to advancing learning does it?

...your gibbering doesn't lead to advancing learning..
keepit is one of the few of us on here actually interested in discussing things. By things I mean data, books, studies, websites

Ever occur to you it might be more fun to actually debate the issues and not just the dictionary IBD?
21-12-2019 02:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ITN,
Only one person has ever questioned my aviation credentials but he's still my friend.
That Boeing Field aviation weather report has some facts i don't recognize but it's been a long time. It talks about cloud cover ranging from scattered to overcast at various altitudes, rain began... etc.
My credentials for most of this science here came mostly from Great Courses, various popular books and educational TV and don't forget about Wikipedia, and a science degree from waaaay back.
Tell me about your training. IBDM refused.
21-12-2019 02:55
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Coal is being used less.
Would you like to be a coal miner?

A bit less at the moment. There is still pretty good demand for the stuff though.

No, I have other callings in life. I do help out coal miners with my instrumentation though. They seem to enjoy their job.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 02:56
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

https://www.worldcoal.org/coal/coal-mining

"The overburden of soil and rock is first broken up by explosives; it is then removed by draglines or by shovel and truck. "

Too funny they call the surface "overburden"

Not blowing up a mountain either.

I have seen whole mountains mined for copper and iron though, in Nevada.

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 02:57
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Trash talk IBDM.
I don't know why you don't understand posts. Maybe you grew up in a different country with a different culture so that there is a "translation of meanings"problem.
BTW, you forgot t include the words "to pay off debt" when you ranted about me and the subject of printing and paying off debt. Including the phrase "to pay off debt" changes the meaning.

Wandering off topic this this one now?

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2019 02:59
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: ... lead to advancing learning does it?

...your gibbering doesn't lead to advancing learning..
keepit is one of the few of us on here actually interested in discussing things. By things I mean data, books, studies, websites
He's not discussing anything at the moment.
tmiddles wrote:
Ever occur to you it might be more fun to actually debate the issues and not just the dictionary IBD?

You are not discussing anything. You're just ranting. NAP

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 21-12-2019 02:59
21-12-2019 03:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ITN,
Just responding to IBDM's post on this thread at 1:58 about printing dollars. It sure does bug him.
Printing dollars to pay off treasuries doesn't increase the amount of dollars through time because the treasuries had to be paid off with dollars at some point. The words "through time" are key here.
Page 9 of 14<<<7891011>>>

Join the debate There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N2:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Some can take the heat, and214-10-2023 13:26
I have a theory12316-06-2023 19:16
Evolutionary Biology and the Endosymbiotic Theory of Consciousness.11108-06-2023 02:39
Articles
Theory
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact