Remember me
▼ Content

There are some paid climate deniers in this forum to spread false information, ignore them

Page 3 of 4<1234>
24-01-2020 02:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Dictionaries don't define any word.

How do you know what words mean ITN?

Void question.

No, it's got 8 words in it, ends in a question mark, and has a plainly understood meaning.

Void question.
tmiddles wrote:
So ITN, if you hear a word, and you don't know what it means, how do you find out?

Void question.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-01-2020 03:25
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Void question.

No, it's got 8 words in it, ends in a question mark, and has a plainly understood meaning.

Void question.
tmiddles wrote:
So ITN, if you hear a word, and you don't know what it means, how do you find out?

Void question.

24-01-2020 05:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Void question.

Void question.
tmiddles wrote:

Void question.

Yet as the American asks, if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?
Is even an avalanche heard if there is no one to say it happened? How do we know the difference between what we thought was and what is? An example is if there was no warming between 1910 - 1945, then we have something to go by today, right?
We know what was, no warming and what is, warming today. After all, 1910 - 1945 and 1978 - 2013 are the same graphs. This means....what?
Nothing the first time, something the 2nd time. And the 2nd time is different because people say CO2.
CO2 is harmless. Hydrocarbons, scientists like those because they cool the planet and come from burning fossil fuels.
If I have to agree with scientists, hydrocarbons from burning fossil fuels are cooling the planet. I could repeat what scientists say but burning fossil fuels helps to cool the planet I think is self explanatory.
And tmiddles, I can provide all the links anyone wants. Just not a problem.
And to make it simple, what do burning fossil fuels do according to scientists?
They cool the planet.
Am tired of this stupid debate and since scientists I can quote, burning fossil fuels is good.

According to Xi Zhang, lead author on the new study, these hydrocarbons are responsible for the red-and-brown deposits we can see in New Horizons' color imagery of Pluto's surface.

We believe these hydrocarbon particles are related to the reddish and brownish stuff seen in images of Pluto's surface... Pluto is the first planetary body we know of where the atmospheric energy budget is dominated by solid-phase haze particles instead of by gases.

From a temperature perspective, this makes a huge difference. While a haze-free Pluto ought to be at a temperature of 100 K, the Pluto we have is extraordinarily cooler at a mere 70 K. This temperature difference, of 30 °C (54 °F), is more than a factor of 10 greater than the impact human beings have had on Earth due to the industrial emission of greenhouse gases.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/11/15/plutos-mysteriously-cool-atmosphere-might-hold-the-key-to-fighting-global-warming/#322df51a1af4

tmiddles, best science going, hydrocarbons cool planets. Can you show that the warming effect of CO2 is greater than the cooling effect?
This is what happens when there isn't a discussion. You want Native Americans to agree that you are right. Reservations are right, right? Maybe now you'll consider other perspectives?
Kind of why discussing anything in here is a waste of time. None of you actually understand what the discussion is about. It's more about what you want.
24-01-2020 06:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
tmiddles wrote:So ITN, if you hear a word, and you don't know what it means, how do you find out?

Oh, pick me, pick me!

You ask the person who used it, you moron. You could appear less stupid by asking fewer stupid questions. No dictionary gets to define the English language because no dictionary owns the English language.

Whoever was responsible for your education really fugged with you. You don't even know that dictionaries are references for the SPELLING of words. I used to think that EVERYONE knew that ... and here you are proving me wrong.

Wait, just for laughs ... what dictionary do YOU believe owns English? I notice that you also consider dictionaries to be physics textbooks. What a dumbass.

But seriously, which dictionary owns English? I'm listening.

Oh, one additional note. That dictionaries are references for SPELLING is something that can be KNOWN. In fact, it is something "that we know" ... except for you, of course.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 24-01-2020 06:09
24-01-2020 06:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:So ITN, if you hear a word, and you don't know what it means, how do you find out?

Oh, pick me, pick me!

You ask the person who used it, you moron. You could appear less stupid by asking fewer stupid questions. No dictionary gets to define the English language because no dictionary owns the English language.

Whoever was responsible for your education really fugged with you. You don't even know that dictionaries are references for the SPELLING of words. I used to think that EVERYONE knew that ... and here you are proving me wrong.

Wait, just for laughs ... what dictionary do YOU believe owns English? I notice that you also consider dictionaries to be physics textbooks. What a dumbass.

But seriously, which dictionary owns English? I'm listening.

Oh, one additional note. That dictionaries are references for SPELLING is something that can be KNOWN. In fact, it is something "that we know" ... except for you, of course.

It's Engleske you fücking American. Learn your own language.. You idiots are all the same.
Edited on 24-01-2020 06:23
24-01-2020 06:25
(14366)
James___ wrote: CO2 is harmless.

Some might even go so far as to use the term "life-essential."

James___ wrote: tmiddles, best science going, hydrocarbons cool planets. Can you show that the warming effect of CO2 is greater than the cooling effect?

Although my position is that no atmospheric gas is going to alter the earth's average global temperature, I am nonetheless glad that you are asking the question. I too am very interested in tmiddles' response.

James___ wrote: Kind of why discussing anything in here is a waste of time. None of you actually understand what the discussion is about. It's more about what you want.

What if what one wants is to discuss?

Кстати, мне нравится твой вопрос.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-01-2020 07:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: CO2 is harmless.

Some might even go so far as to use the term "life-essential."

James___ wrote: tmiddles, best science going, hydrocarbons cool planets. Can you show that the warming effect of CO2 is greater than the cooling effect?

Although my position is that no atmospheric gas is going to alter the earth's average global temperature, I am nonetheless glad that you are asking the question. I too am very interested in tmiddles' response.

James___ wrote: Kind of why discussing anything in here is a waste of time. None of you actually understand what the discussion is about. It's more about what you want.

What if what one wants is to discuss?

Кстати, мне нравится твой вопрос.

Hет ни одного. Доверьтесь мне.
We're all Americans here. We strive for a better future for our childrens.
Isn't that what we all desire? To see our childrens to have a better life?
24-01-2020 07:14
(14366)
James___ wrote:We're all Americans here. We strive for a better future for our childrens. Isn't that what we all desire? To see our childrens to have a better life?

You are spot-on as far as I am concerned. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

24-01-2020 07:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:We're all Americans here. We strive for a better future for our childrens. Isn't that what we all desire? To see our childrens to have a better life?

You are spot-on as far as I am concerned. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Всё хорошо, да? Я надеюсь!
24-01-2020 10:40
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
You ask the person who used it,...

What if they are dead?

I know you're super into the oral tradition of physics but (wow this is going to be hard news for IBD) I hate to break this to you but Josef Stefan has been dead for over 100 years! And, you won't like this, Ludwig Boltzmann, your name sake, also dead

So when you read about their work, you totally cannot call them up, or Facebook, IM, nothing. Super dead (also they spoke German, so there is that).

What then?
Edited on 24-01-2020 10:44
24-01-2020 17:49
(14366)
tmiddles wrote: What if they are dead?

I think you mean "What if he is dead?"

Are you asking if you might be hosed? Yes, you might. You could try reading other material from around that region and time period in which that word is used to possibly get a sense. How do you figure out the meaning of a word when you are learning a foreign language? There's a lot you can do. Often words are used in ways that don't appear in dictionaries. There's work involved in doing what you want to do.

tmiddles wrote: I hate to break this to you but Josef Stefan has been dead for over 100 years!

What does he have to do with anything in the present?

tmiddles wrote: And, you won't like this, Ludwig Boltzmann, your name sake, also dead

Same question.

tmiddles wrote: So when you read about their work,

I don't think I have ever really read about their work, except to review the actual derivation of Stefan-Boltzmann from Planck's. They created a falsifiable model that predicts nature, and that model has not yet been shown to be false. The model is all I need. So what do you need to know?

24-01-2020 19:11
(21552)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
You ask the person who used it,...

What if they are dead?

I know you're super into the oral tradition of physics but (wow this is going to be hard news for IBD) I hate to break this to you but Josef Stefan has been dead for over 100 years! And, you won't like this, Ludwig Boltzmann, your name sake, also dead

So when you read about their work, you totally cannot call them up, or Facebook, IM, nothing. Super dead (also they spoke German, so there is that).

What then?

But their theory survives. The equation for that theory survives. The theory, and its equation, stand on their own. They have not yet been falsified.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-01-2020 23:18
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:

You could try reading other material from around that region and time period in which that word is used to possibly get a sense.

I trust text books written on the subject as you know. You and ITN are very careful to never allow a single published work to pass for you here.

You just mentioned you "read". What do you read that you trust IBD?

I know you'll never say because your rewriting of science is so outlandish it would be hard to find any published work on physics that wouldn't contradict it.

Same reason for ITN.

Above ITN has misused a fallacy. Saying "False Authority" when he should have said "Appeal to Authority". Simple mistake but his defects being what they are he can never admit he's erred to he's doubled down. Now ANY book on fallacies will prove he's wrong so low and behold, none are admissible in the crazy courts of your minds.

You know all of this of course I'm just summarizing this sad little story.
24-01-2020 23:42
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3302)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You could try reading other material from around that region and time period in which that word is used to possibly get a sense.

I trust text books written on the subject as you know. You and ITN are very careful to never allow a single published work to pass for you here.

I know you'll never say because your rewriting of science is so outlandish it would be hard to find any published work on physics that wouldn't contradict it.

Same reason for ITN.

Above ITN has misused a fallacy. Saying "False Authority" when he should have said "Appeal to Authority". Simple mistake but his defects being what they are he can never admit he's erred to he's doubled down. Now ANY book on fallacies will prove he's wrong so low and behold, none are admissible in the crazy courts of your minds.

An authority is not necessarily a false authority, and appealing to an authority is not necessarily a fallacy.
Edited on 24-01-2020 23:45
24-01-2020 23:45
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
An authority is not necessarily a false authority, and appealing to an authority is not necessarily a fallacy.

Is there a difference between the fallacy of an "appeal to authority" and "false authority" ?
25-01-2020 00:06
(3302)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Is there a difference between the fallacy of an "appeal to authority" and "false authority" ?

Try re-reading my post.
25-01-2020 00:11
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Try re-reading my post.

Oh I did. You said:
"An authority is not necessarily a false authority, and appealing to an authority is not necessarily a fallacy."

I asked:
"Is there a difference between the fallacy of an "appeal to authority" and "false authority" ?"

Are they not distinct fallacies to you?
25-01-2020 00:21
(21552)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Still looking for that silver bullet, eh? False authority fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:

Void question.
tmiddles wrote:

Inversion fallacy. Books do not override theories of science or their equations they've been formalized into. False authority fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
Same reason for ITN.

False authority fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
Above ITN has misused a fallacy. Saying "False Authority" when he should have said "Appeal to Authority".

False authority fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
Simple mistake but his defects being what they are he can never admit he's erred to he's doubled down.

No mistake. False authority fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
Now ANY book on fallacies

There is no official book on fallacies. False authority fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
will prove he's wrong so low and behold, none are admissible in the crazy courts of your minds.

A fallacy is not a proof. Void proof fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:

YALIFNAP.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 00:23
(21552)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Yes. An appeal to authority fallacy is to refer to an authority as a proof when none is required. A false authority fallacy is to refer to an authority that is not an invalid authority, when an authoritative reference lies elsewhere.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 00:24
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
There is no official book on fallacies.
Oh I never said official. Is there a book that identifies them correctly? As you use them.

ITN,

Do you use the titles of fallacies conventionally?

It's pretty much what you spend all day on here doing so it's a good question.

How would one know what you are talking about if they are unsure?
25-01-2020 00:25
(21552)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Try re-reading my post.

Oh I did. You said:
"An authority is not necessarily a false authority, and appealing to an authority is not necessarily a fallacy."
He is correct.
tmiddles wrote:
I asked:
"Is there a difference between the fallacy of an "appeal to authority" and "false authority" ?"

Are they not distinct fallacies to you?

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 00:26
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA.
Nope
25-01-2020 00:26
(21552)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
There is no official book on fallacies.
Oh I never said official. Is there a book that identifies them correctly? As you use them.

False authority fallacy. RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
ITN,

Do you use the titles of fallacies conventionally?

RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
It's pretty much what you spend all day on here doing so it's a good question.

RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
How would one know what you are talking about if they are unsure?

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 00:27
(21552)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA.
Nope

Yup.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 00:29
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA.
Nope

Yup.
25-01-2020 06:28
(14366)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
RQAA.
Nope

Yup.

Why is a motorcycle rider begging spare change from a parrot?

25-01-2020 17:56
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Somehow, I don't think that helmet is going to help much, if he falls off the ladder. It is a really good analogy of climate change though. By stopping CO2, and destroying the world economy, we can save a pet.
09-02-2020 14:27
CzarnyZajaczek
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
If anyone struggled to ignore denialists, I've prepared javascript for greasemonkey which hide posts written by most of denialists which I was able to found (roughly 2/3 of all posts on forum)

https://greasyfork.org/pl/scripts/396220-climate-denialists-filter-for-climate-debate-com

I didn't checked yet users with 1 or 2 posts, except for users which have posts written in 2019 or later.

Script of course allows to unhide selected post or all hidden posts on page at once.
09-02-2020 19:07
(5192)
CzarnyZajaczek wrote:
If anyone struggled to ignore denialists, I've prepared javascript for greasemonkey which hide posts written by most of denialists which I was able to found (roughly 2/3 of all posts on forum)

https://greasyfork.org/pl/scripts/396220-climate-denialists-filter-for-climate-debate-com

I didn't checked yet users with 1 or 2 posts, except for users which have posts written in 2019 or later.

Script of course allows to unhide selected post or all hidden posts on page at once.

Which denialist? Those who deny science, and embrace religion. Or those that refuse to join cults, and defy/deny there is even a problem. Well, actually, there is a socialism problem, which is part of climate change religion.

Would just be simpler, to just hang out at on of the many IPCC funded climate cult sites, and pat each other on the back, agree with everything handed down from the high priests? You aren't likely to find many converts here, only trolls, and intelligent people. Maybe you could force-feed a couple of the trolls, some of the special Kool-Ade.

Many of us were around, when video games were just starting to come out, commercially. Many of the old games had little bugs in them, which could be exploited, and used to cheat. The video games have gotten better, but there always seems to be something found, that can be exploited. Climate Change, is based almost entirely on computer simulation. Essentially, climate models, are video games, and likely buggy, like any other software. We all get frequent updates for our computers, phones, and many other devices. Even the software we buy, for home, or business, often have patches and fixes. The climate models are no different. When you feed garbage data into a program, no matter what you instructed the computer to do with it, you still get garbage back out. You can take that 'computer corrected' garbage data, and keep feeding it into other programs, but you still will only get garbage back out. The results of a video game, isn't valid data...
09-02-2020 19:24
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
CzarnyZajaczek wrote:

Which denialist? Those who deny science, and embrace religion. Or those that refuse to join cults, and defy/deny there is even a problem. Well, actually, there is a socialism problem, which is part of climate change religion.

Would just be simpler, to just hang out at on of the many IPCC funded climate cult sites, and pat each other on the back, agree with everything handed down from the high priests? You aren't likely to find many converts here, only trolls, and intelligent people. Maybe you could force-feed a couple of the trolls, some of the special Kool-Ade.

Many of us were around, when video games were just starting to come out, commercially. Many of the old games had little bugs in them, which could be exploited, and used to cheat. The video games have gotten better, but there always seems to be something found, that can be exploited. Climate Change, is based almost entirely on computer simulation. Essentially, climate models, are video games, and likely buggy, like any other software. We all get frequent updates for our computers, phones, and many other devices. Even the software we buy, for home, or business, often have patches and fixes. The climate models are no different. When you feed garbage data into a program, no matter what you instructed the computer to do with it, you still get garbage back out. You can take that 'computer corrected' garbage data, and keep feeding it into other programs, but you still will only get garbage back out. The results of a video game, isn't valid data...

And yet Trumpsters are a cult. Wanna get laid but your wife is pregnant with your kid? Problem solved, just go to a strip joint and flash your money around.
And if I believe in Trump, I can give republicans my tax dollars, right? The rich are suffering, I get this. What can I do to help? How can I support Trump? Should the Constitution be changed so that he can lead as Emperor which is what America wants and everything will be his way because when it's his way it's your way, right?
Edited on 09-02-2020 19:36
09-02-2020 21:08
(14366)
CzarnyZajaczek wrote:

You could have just made a list like trafn did:

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!

... but not you! You went the extra mile to ... make a list.

I notice that you have me on the top of this list. Well done. Into the Night will be envious.

James___ wrote:Should the Constitution be changed so that he can lead as Emperor which is what America wants and everything will be his way because when it's his way it's your way, right?

Are you going to load CzarnyZajaczek's script? I'm on top of the list!

09-02-2020 21:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
CzarnyZajaczek wrote:

I notice that you have me on the top of this list. Well done. Into the Night will be envious.

James___ wrote:Should the Constitution be changed so that he can lead as Emperor which is what America wants and everything will be his way because when it's his way it's your way, right?

I'm jealous
09-02-2020 22:01
(14366)
James___ wrote: I'm jealous

Hey, if you want to get ahead, you have to roll up your sleeves and dig in like an Alabama tick.

10-02-2020 01:46
(5192)
I didn't even make the list. What did I do wrong, make sense, or something?
10-02-2020 17:04
(3302)
IBdaMann wrote:
CzarnyZajaczek wrote:

YAYYYY I MADE THE LIST!!!!!!
10-02-2020 17:08
(3302)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Tough break. I guess you're gonna have to try harder...

You'll get there one day though. I believe in you!
10-02-2020 18:30
(5192)
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Tough break. I guess you're gonna have to try harder...

You'll get there one day though. I believe in you!

With over 1600 posts, ranked #8, and I hate Kool-ade.
10-02-2020 18:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Hey, if you want to get ahead, you have to roll up your sleeves and dig in like an Alabama tick.

But I live in Kentucky. Can I do that?
14-02-2020 12:41
CzarnyZajaczek
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
CzarnyZajaczek wrote:

Sorry for non english link, didn't noticed it. Here is corrected

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/396220-climate-denialists-filter-for-climate-debate-com
14-02-2020 15:57
(14366)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

But I live in Kentucky. Can I do that?

Does Kentucky even have ticks?

If they do, they probably get them from Alabama. They probably can't get rid of them because they are dug-in.

Dug-in Like an Alabama Tick

Page 3 of 4<1234>

Join the debate There are some paid climate deniers in this forum to spread false information, ignore them:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
False Alarm by Bjorn Lomborg024-02-2024 01:58
$50,000 Reward For Information Leading to Convictions in Arizona Voting Conspiracy218-02-2024 00:27
Spam in forum919-11-2023 23:27
Spread the word411-11-2023 23:49
A personal experience for climate change deniers23029-09-2023 14:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact