Remember me
▼ Content

Theory About Impeachment Proceedings

Page 1 of 3123>
Theory About Impeachment Proceedings31-12-2019 22:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
The thought of this could get me to watch the State of the Union address.

"Imagine what it would be like if he got to give the SOTU having been cleared by the Senate ― it would be a full-blown triumphal rant," Rosenzweig wrote.

"But if the impeachment is still pending, it might, instead, be an unhinged narcissistic screed of almost unimaginable insanity," he added. "Just think of how painful it would be for 53 Republican Senators to sit in the halls of Congress, watching a live meltdown on national TV. That, alone, would be worth the price of admission."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-bush-aides-trump-pelosi-trial-094454737.html
Edited on 31-12-2019 22:54
31-12-2019 23:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
James___ wrote: "Just think of how painful it would be for 53 Republican Senators to sit in the halls of Congress, watching a live meltdown on national TV. That, alone, would be worth the price of admission."

Wishful thinking.

Trump has not yet even been impeached. Pelosi still needs to hand the Articles to the Senate for the President to be impeached. Until then, the House has only voted on a resolution to go ahead and impeach him ... which they now need to do.

Ergo, presuming the whole point of the delay is to impeach the President AFTER the SOTU, you can bet that the SOTU will be identical to a Trump Rally ... and not only will there be no meltdown ... it will become a 5% spike in the polls for Trump.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-01-2020 02:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: "Just think of how painful it would be for 53 Republican Senators to sit in the halls of Congress, watching a live meltdown on national TV. That, alone, would be worth the price of admission."

Wishful thinking.

Trump has not yet even been impeached. Pelosi still needs to hand the Articles to the Senate for the President to be impeached. Until then, the House has only voted on a resolution to go ahead and impeach him ... which they now need to do.

Ergo, presuming the whole point of the delay is to impeach the President AFTER the SOTU, you can bet that the SOTU will be identical to a Trump Rally ... and not only will there be no meltdown ... it will become a 5% spike in the polls for Trump.

We'll have to wait and see, won't we?
01-01-2020 02:28
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
You probably only watch CNN Trump clips... Trump can speak appropriately, for occasion and audience quite well. He'll give a great speech, interesting, entertaining enough to hold interest. The media will spend the follow month or so, fact checking, and picking at every detail they can, trying to spin it negative (to the left). Try to give credit to Obama, or any other democrat, for anything positive. Maybe give the democrat hopefuls a minute or two, to weigh in, on how they could do better.

Trump really is a master of media, he's keeps them focused on him, all day, everyday. Doesn't matter if it's positive or negative, every one hears his name daily. Normal people, don't focus and obsess for long on negative things, we want to be happy, positive people.

Primaries start in about a month, and really doesn't look much like the democrat candidates have even started. They all agree on the same basic free stuff, spending lots of money we don't have, and expect to tax our employers, and the businesses that we buy goods and services from. Which of course, would get passed down mostly on everyone else. Of course, congress is mostly made up of millionaires, so those tax plans ar go no where, and just another doubling, or more, of the national debt. Fortunately, I don't think any of them serious care about climate change, just a vote gimmick.

Trump doesn't need to use the State of Union for campaigning, or criticizing, gets plenty of free camera time, everyday for that. He'll use the event, as intended, in a proper way, as expected from any president, no hype or exaggerations needed.
01-01-2020 02:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
For example, "free health care".
It wouldn't be free. The health care workers are still going to get paid and we're going to have to pay them, whether it's through taxes or health insurance premiums. It's just that the govt might be able to administer it more cheaply and efficiently than the health insurance companies.
01-01-2020 04:26
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:
It wouldn't be free. The health care workers are still going to get paid and we're going to have to pay them, whether it's through taxes or health insurance premiums. It's just that the govt might be able to administer it more cheaply and efficiently than the health insurance companies.

Well in the sense that we have free:
Fire departments
Police
Military
Primary schools
Roads
Parks
Libraries

It's a weird mix in a way. Some essentials for your personal safety, health and wellbeing are free on an individual basis and others are not.
01-01-2020 04:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
A lot of high schools are "free".
Community colleges are pretty cheap too. Forget free college but free community college would cost much less than you think.

Happy New Year Tmid!!!
Edited on 01-01-2020 04:38
01-01-2020 04:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
You probably only watch CNN Trump clips... Trump can speak appropriately, for occasion and audience quite well. He'll give a great speech, interesting, entertaining enough to hold interest. The media will spend the follow month or so, fact checking, and picking at every detail they can, trying to spin it negative (to the left). Try to give credit to Obama, or any other democrat, for anything positive. Maybe give the democrat hopefuls a minute or two, to weigh in, on how they could do better.

Trump really is a master of media, he's keeps them focused on him, all day, everyday. Doesn't matter if it's positive or negative, every one hears his name daily. Normal people, don't focus and obsess for long on negative things, we want to be happy, positive people.

Primaries start in about a month, and really doesn't look much like the democrat candidates have even started. They all agree on the same basic free stuff, spending lots of money we don't have, and expect to tax our employers, and the businesses that we buy goods and services from. Which of course, would get passed down mostly on everyone else. Of course, congress is mostly made up of millionaires, so those tax plans ar go no where, and just another doubling, or more, of the national debt. Fortunately, I don't think any of them serious care about climate change, just a vote gimmick.

Trump doesn't need to use the State of Union for campaigning, or criticizing, gets plenty of free camera time, everyday for that. He'll use the event, as intended, in a proper way, as expected from any president, no hype or exaggerations needed.

I can put 2 and 2 together. Like women liking it when Trump grabs their vaginas and 2 paid off strippers. He's a great man alright
01-01-2020 05:05
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Community colleges are pretty cheap too. Forget free college but free community college would cost much less than you think.

Happy New Year Tmid!!!

Happy New Year!
01-01-2020 13:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21595)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:

Well in the sense that we have free:
Fire departments
Police
Military
Primary schools
Roads
Parks
Libraries

None of it is free, dude. All of these services cost something. They have to be paid for.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-01-2020 13:44
(21595)
keepit wrote:

Happy New Year Tmid!!!

Community colleges are not free either, dude.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-01-2020 13:53
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
None of it is free, dude. All of these services cost something. They have to be paid for.
OMG

ITN would be the one to claim there is no such thing as a free lunch because food is worth money.

What if he's actually a bot? It's possible.
01-01-2020 22:27
(21595)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
OMG

ITN would be the one to claim there is no such thing as a free lunch because food is worth money.

Their ain't no such thing as a free lunch, dude.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 22:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
OMG

It depends on what you consider paying for it. Homeless people get free meals.
Not all have criminal records. But I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather pay to have something. Better options.
01-01-2020 23:35
(21595)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
OMG

Nope. Not a single one. Someone has to pay for those meals.

The Parrot Killer

02-01-2020 01:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
OMG

It's free to them.
02-01-2020 06:18
(21595)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
OMG

It's free to them.

Irrelevant.

The Parrot Killer

02-01-2020 15:32
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
OMG

It's free to them.

Irrelevant.

RDF.
02-01-2020 22:30
(3979)
James___ wrote:
RDF.
Guess what James, when you win the lottery it's not free money. Because the money came from someone else and so it's not free. ITN is so smart he seems stupid, or maybe so stupid he seems really stupid, one of those.
02-01-2020 22:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
RDF.
Guess what James, when you win the lottery it's not free money. Because the money came from someone else and so it's not free. ITN is so smart he seems stupid, or maybe so stupid he seems really stupid, one of those.

As a kid, Americans didn't like me because of my Norwegian accent. As a member of the Armed Forces, doctors let me lose a significant amount of my hearing because I didn't sound like an American.
I know everything comes at a cost. That's called the 1st Law of Thermodynamics.
To get racial, the Powhatan tribe does not exist any more. It is personal for me.
Racial purity matters. I'm not racially pure. You and ITN are.
On the other hand Pocahontas is my great grandmother. She had no racially pure children. She ended up having impure kids like me.
Deal with it because I deal with people like you and ITN all of the time.
02-01-2020 23:23
(21595)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
RDF.

So you're stupid for agreeing with me????? WTF?????

The Parrot Killer

02-01-2020 23:24
(21595)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
RDF.

As a kid, Americans didn't like me because of my Norwegian accent. As a member of the Armed Forces, doctors let me lose a significant amount of my hearing because I didn't sound like an American.
I know everything comes at a cost. That's called the 1st Law of Thermodynamics.
To get racial, the Powhatan tribe does not exist any more. It is personal for me.
Racial purity matters. I'm not racially pure. You and ITN are.
On the other hand Pocahontas is my great grandmother. She had no racially pure children. She ended up having impure kids like me.
Deal with it because I deal with people like you and ITN all of the time.

Random word salad.

The Parrot Killer

02-01-2020 23:36
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
RDF.

The lottery is funded by people voluntarily giving up their dollars.

Which one of the following "free" services is funded by voluntary donations?

Fire departments
Police
Military
Primary schools
Roads
Parks
Libraries

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
02-01-2020 23:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I'm ok with helping to fund those "free" services and it would be beneficial to add medical care and community college to the list.
03-01-2020 00:06
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
I'm ok with helping to fund those "free" services and it would be beneficial to add medical care and community college to the list.

Do you care to answer the question I asked?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
03-01-2020 00:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
They aren't voluntary, at least that i know of.

I volunteer to stay in this country and follow the laws and pay the taxes though.
Edited on 03-01-2020 00:09
03-01-2020 00:15
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
So would you agree that comparing this type of "free" to a lottery winning is absolute BS?
03-01-2020 00:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Not absolute BS. But i do understand the analogy even though i wouldn't necessarily use that terminology.
03-01-2020 01:02
(21595)
keepit wrote:

How are you going to pay for it?

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 01:03
(21595)
keepit wrote:
Not absolute BS. But i do understand the analogy even though i wouldn't necessarily use that terminology.

There ya go....right into semantics lane again.

Try English. It works better.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 01:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Let's not pretend that someone doesn't have to pay for it in any case.
But to answer your question, taxes would pay for it. To make it so people could afford to pay those particular taxes, they would not have to pay insurance premiums. Noone would have to pay the profit that corporations make on medical care. That would be a savings. Have you looked at medical bills lately?
To pay for community college, taxes would have to be raised. We do think it is worth paying taxes to fund zero thru 12 in school. Two more years wouldn't be that much. There aren't as many 1st and 2nd year college students as you think.
03-01-2020 01:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
I wasn't arguing semantics. I was agreeing that regardless of which word was used the idea was the same in that case.
You're trying to make an argument where there is none.
03-01-2020 01:22
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
Let's not pretend that someone doesn't have to pay for it in any case.
But to answer your question, taxes would pay for it.

Who is this "taxes" dude? I'd sure like to meet and get to know him a little better. Sounds like he (she?) is loaded!!

Edited on 03-01-2020 01:23
03-01-2020 01:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos probably wouldn't mind paying their fair share based on net worth. Bill Gates wouldn't either. That's not going to be enough though. Maybe someone would have to give up their corporate jet or their yacht or their $100k Tesla or their million dollar ride in the Space X ship, etc. There are many ways to pay for it and there aren't that many 1st and 2nd year college students.

I can't stand the dems 2 cent tax terminology. What a fraud.
Edited on 03-01-2020 01:33
03-01-2020 03:19
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Which one of the following "free" services...

Another Don Quixote moment on this board as there is pointless jousting with the windmills.

Yeah guys we know everything comes from somewhere. There is no magic vortex that crap pops out of.

"Free" is always a term relative to the recipient.

This is a perfect example of how ITN/IBD/GG work to waste time on this board. You attempt to redefine a word so as to negate every use of the word up to this point.
Edited on 03-01-2020 03:20
03-01-2020 03:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Tmid,
It's one semantics dispute after another. I don't know what the point of it is.
03-01-2020 03:44
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Tmid,
If you can't win argument A run to argument B is the point. They are wrong and they know it so they try to pick a different fight.
03-01-2020 04:15
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
Tmid,
If you can't win argument A run to argument B is the point. They are wrong and they know it so they try to pick a different fight.

Here are the services you listed as "free".

Fire departments
Police
Military
Primary schools
Roads
Parks
Libraries

I happen to pay for each and every damn one of these with MONEY. YOU are dead wrong.

03-01-2020 04:18
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:"free"... pay for each..with MONEY.

OK what is something that is "free" ?

Dictionary.com
free

"provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment:
free parking; a free sample."
Edited on 03-01-2020 04:20
03-01-2020 04:19
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Gas,
We all pay for these services and we all know it. Where's the confusion?

How about paying a little more to help kids get some more education. Don't your kids need education?
Edited on 03-01-2020 04:20
Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate Theory About Impeachment Proceedings:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
I have a theory12316-06-2023 19:16
Evolutionary Biology and the Endosymbiotic Theory of Consciousness.11108-06-2023 02:39
What is the cause of climate change based on the greenhouse gas theory?8204-02-2023 20:51
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
Relativity theory31703-11-2022 19:38
Articles
Theory
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact