▼ Content

Theory About Impeachment Proceedings

Page 2 of 3<123>
03-01-2020 04:20
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Gas,
We all pay for these services and we all know it. Where's the confusion?

Actually no we don't. Some pay for it, some pay more than others, and some don't pay at all.

But it doesn't change the fact they are free to those using the service.
03-01-2020 04:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
Tmid,
I meant to say that we all pay for these services through taxes.
03-01-2020 04:43
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Tmid,
I meant to say that we all pay for these services through taxes.
Of course I known what you mean, but again not everyone pays taxes.
03-01-2020 04:44
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:"free"... pay for each..with MONEY.

OK what is something that is "free"

Air.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
03-01-2020 04:47
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Air.

But you'd like to join ITN/IBD in insisting you are right and the dictionary is wrong and there is not such thing as "Free parking" or a "Free sample"?

You'd like to redefine what the word means?

You can't of course I'm just trying to understand your motives.
03-01-2020 04:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
Tmid,
I know i'm being overly technical here but - when ever someone pays for something eventually that , or at least part of that money goes to pay taxes. We all take part in that.
03-01-2020 04:49
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
keepit wrote:
How about paying a little more to help kids get some more education. Don't your kids needGas,

I will take care of my family. You take care of yours. Where's the problem with that?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
03-01-2020 04:51
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Air.

But you'd like to join ITN/IBD in insisting you are right and the dictionary is wrong and there is not such thing as "Free parking" or a "Free sample"?

I'm trying to understand YOUR motives in listing government services, which cost MASSIVE amounts of my money, as "free".

03-01-2020 04:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas,

Actually no we don't. Some pay for it, some pay more than others, and some don't pay at all.

Go ahead. Tell every veteran, and the families of the fallen, that freedom is free.

03-01-2020 04:55
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I'm trying to understand YOUR motives in listing government services, which cost MASSIVE amounts of my money, as "free".
I'm using the common and accepted use of the word. It means free to the recipient only. Not trying to invent facts or new definitions for words.
03-01-2020 04:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
How about paying a little more to help kids get some more education. Don't your kids need Gas,

I will take care of my family. You take care of yours. Where's the problem with that?

You didn't graduate high school. Tends to run in the family. Trump had a really rich father and not much else. His reality TV show "YOU'RE FIRED" ended so naturally the White House made for a new sitcom-reality TV show. He needs to be noticed because he had a rich daddy. I think they call it Beverly Hills 90210.
But he's not LA material.
03-01-2020 05:02
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:Tell every veteran, ...
Oh god calm down.

I can just see your first and last day at the candy shop GG:
Boss: "GG give out these free samples to customers"
GG: "You mean candy that they may have but which we pay for, you see it's not really free is it"
Boss: "You're fired"
03-01-2020 05:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
Some families simply can't afford to send their kids to college. Let the more fortunate help the less fortunate with an education. Everybody benefits although it isn't easy to see the benefits. It really makes a difference though.
03-01-2020 12:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Let's not pretend that someone doesn't have to pay for it in any case.
But to answer your question, taxes would pay for it.

Correct.
keepit wrote:
To make it so people could afford to pay those particular taxes, they would not have to pay insurance premiums.

More expensive to pay for it through taxes, and you don't get medical care. See the Canadian health care system to look at what a disaster this kind of plan is.
keepit wrote:
No one would have to pay the profit that corporations make on medical care.

Profit motive is not evil. It brings competition that improves services for all.
keepit wrote:
That would be a savings.

No. Such taxes remove competition, making care more expensive and lousier. See the Canadian health care system.
keepit wrote:
Have you looked at medical bills lately?

Yes.
keepit wrote:
To pay for community college, taxes would have to be raised.

Community colleges already collect tax revenue. Taxes are too high already.
keepit wrote:
We do think it is worth paying taxes to fund zero thru 12 in school.

Obviously not. I am looking at your illiteracy as a result of that public K-12 funding. The K-12 schools are continually turning out people that can't read or write, can't even balance their own checkbooks or run a cash register, have no clue about history or science, and are functionally illiterate.
keepit wrote:
Two more years wouldn't be that much.

Two more years of the same thing?
keepit wrote:
There aren't as many 1st and 2nd year college students as you think.

That will change when it's 'free', don't you think?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-01-2020 12:31
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos probably wouldn't mind paying their fair share based on net worth. Bill Gates wouldn't either.
Define 'fair share'.
keepit wrote:
That's not going to be enough though.
If you took everything they own in taxes, it would not be enough.
keepit wrote:
Maybe someone would have to give up their corporate jet or their yacht or their $100k Tesla or their million dollar ride in the Space X ship, etc.
Why?
keepit wrote:
There are many ways to pay for it and there aren't that many 1st and 2nd year college students.
There WILL be if they don't have to pay for it. Also, the worth of any such education will go in the toilet more than it already is.
keepit wrote:
I can't stand the dems 2 cent tax terminology. What a fraud.

So are you.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-01-2020 12:32
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Which one of the following "free" services...

Another Don Quixote moment on this board as there is pointless jousting with the windmills.

Yeah guys we know everything comes from somewhere. There is no magic vortex that crap pops out of.

"Free" is always a term relative to the recipient.

This is a perfect example of how ITN/IBD/GG work to waste time on this board. You attempt to redefine a word so as to negate every use of the word up to this point.

Inversion fallacy. It is YOU redefining words. It is YOU constantly arguing about the definitions of words.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:33
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Tmid,
It's one semantics dispute after another. I don't know what the point of it is.

I do. You want to redefine words to justify your religions.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:34
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
Tmid,
It's one semantics dispute after another. I don't know what the point of it is.
If you can't win argument A run to argument B is the point. They are wrong and they know it so they try to pick a different fight.

Void argument fallacy. Bulverism fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:34
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:

OK what is something that is "free" ?

Dictionary.com
free

"provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment:
free parking; a free sample."

There ya go again, arguing semantics again. Contextomy fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:35
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Gas,

How about paying a little more to help kids get some more education. Don't your kids need education?

It's not a 'little more'.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:36
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas,

No service is free.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:38
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Air.

Contextomy fallacy. No one is trying to redefine words except you. You asked what was free. The answer was 'air'. What is that got to do with ANY definition?

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:40
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
I'm using the common and accepted use of the word. It means free to the recipient only. Not trying to invent facts or new definitions for words.

Redefinition fallacy (not free<->free). Divisional error fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:42
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Tell every veteran, ...
Oh god calm down.

I can just see your first and last day at the candy shop GG:
Boss: "GG give out these free samples to customers"
GG: "You mean candy that they may have but which we pay for, you see it's not really free is it"
Boss: "You're fired"

A candy shop giving out 'free' candy as a promotion is paid for by the candy shop owner.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:43
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Some families simply can't afford to send their kids to college. Let the more fortunate help the less fortunate with an education. Everybody benefits although it isn't easy to see the benefits. It really makes a difference though.

Nope. It cheapens college to the point of being completely worthless.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 14:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

Nope. It cheapens college to the point of being completely worthless.

Exactly. Universities / Colleges then realize that they can jack up tuition and convert to purely indoctrination zones ... confident that the higher tuition will get paid and the universities / colleges won't have to do any work.

Tuition skyrockets. Education vanishes.

The less fortunate still end up without any sort of college education but they will "graduate" insisting that our leaders be scientifically illiterate and economically incompetent transgendered open-borders fanatics who will confiscate guns and mandate abortion because America is a racist country that was built on the backs of every third-world country to whom we are in default of long-overdue reparations.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-01-2020 17:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

What most countries don't understand is that they are better off manufacturing what they use. It creates both jobs and tax revenue for that country. And that makes any diploma more valuable.
03-01-2020 18:27
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
There's more to community college than a degree. The student learn things that will help them function.
To limit the number of students attending tuition free there could be stricter qualification requirements. The result would be more qualified students graduating.

More qualified graduates means more qualified people to deal with the problems of global warming.
Edited on 03-01-2020 18:29
03-01-2020 18:47
(14407)
keepit wrote:
There's more to community college than a degree. The student learn things that will help them function.
To limit the number of students attending tuition free there could be stricter qualification requirements. The result would be more qualified students graduating.

Excellent observation. All you need to do is to remove the word "community."

keepit wrote:More qualified graduates means more qualified people to deal with the problems of global warming.

More people who are acutally educated instead of being indoctrinated into Marxist ideology will result in fewer people being indoctrinated into the Global Warming religion in the first place ... and fewer people preaching the Global Warming dogma ... and fewer people wasting resources on imaginary scenarios about things that don't exist ... and fewer politicians spending exorbitant amounts of taxpayer funds on lavish Climate vacations ... and fewer politicians screaming for fresh new layers of taxation to fund their additional lavish vacations ... and fewer lives being destroyed by politicians who feel threatened by questions about taxation and spending ...and substantially less dishonesty in the world.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-01-2020 18:51
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
The subject matter was about free community college, not free 4 year college.
03-01-2020 19:03
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
keepit wrote:

Why only 2 free years? Most do 4 years. Shouldn't that be free too? What about a masters degree? Why isn't that free? Kind of discriminatory towards the people that really want to learn, isn't it?

03-01-2020 19:44
keepit
★★★★★
(3059)
2 years is affordable, sort of a cost/benefit thing.
03-01-2020 19:53
(14407)
keepit wrote: The subject matter was about free community college, not free 4 year college.

What you wrote applies to all colleges and universities.

The less that is forthwith paid by the government by strongarming taxpayers, the lower the tuition colleges can get away with charging. The moment colleges know that the government will pay the students' tuition, colleges will rush to hike the tuition.

Those for whom the government will not pay tuition probably will not be able to afford it once the colleges have skyrocketed the cost of tuition into the stratosphere. At that point, the government will be confiscating more and more taxpayer dollars to become the determining authority of who goes to college. It won't be "the poor" who get a college education but rather those who are in favor with the government, usually the children of wealthy donors who are also getting special tax breaks.

04-01-2020 01:52
(21597)
keepit wrote:
There's more to community college than a degree.

Not if you cheapen it by 'free' tuition.
keepit wrote:
The student learn things that will help them function.

keepit wrote:
To limit the number of students attending tuition free there could be stricter qualification requirements.

Such as limiting it only to liberals?
keepit wrote:
The result would be more qualified students graduating.

keepit wrote:
More qualified graduates means more qualified people to deal with the problems of global warming.

Define 'global warming'. Define 'qualified people'.

Buzzword fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 01:53
(21597)
keepit wrote:

No difference. 'Free' college cheapens it to the point of being useless.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 01:54
(21597)
keepit wrote:

What benefit? What cost?

Buzzword fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 01:55
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

What benefit? What cost?
Buzzword fallacy.
If you've got an argument that college shouldn't be free I assume it applies to primary school as well?
04-01-2020 02:17
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

What benefit? What cost?
Buzzword fallacy.
If you've got an argument that college shouldn't be free I assume it applies to primary school as well?

Neither is free.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 02:38
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
Neither is free.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/free?s=t
04-01-2020 09:54
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Neither is free.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/free?s=t

RDCF. Neither is free.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 04-01-2020 09:54
Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate Theory About Impeachment Proceedings:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
I have a theory12316-06-2023 19:16
Evolutionary Biology and the Endosymbiotic Theory of Consciousness.11108-06-2023 02:39
What is the cause of climate change based on the greenhouse gas theory?8204-02-2023 20:51
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
Relativity theory31703-11-2022 19:38
Articles
Theory
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact