Remember me
▼ Content

the two words that doomed climate change alarmism

the two words that doomed climate change alarmism31-12-2015 06:03
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
One is may. The other is could. No one cares about what may happen. No one cares about what could happen.

The final sentence sounds pretty scary, but scares no one. I quote.

As a result, the era of oil, gas and coal may yet live on – and, if it does, many of the rest of us may not.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-year-climate-change-2015-may-be-the-beginning-the-end
31-12-2015 06:43
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
People tend to be optimistic about the future. People evolved that way over hundreds of millions of years. Alarmists say, you may die next year, you may die in 10 years, your children may die in 50 years, your grandchildren may die in 100 years. The more alarmists threaten people like that, the more they are offending people and putting people off.
31-12-2015 09:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
One is may. The other is could. No one cares about what may happen. No one cares about what could happen.

A prediction uses the word "will", as in "will happen."

Merely identifying a possibility involves the word "could", as in "could happen."

Global Warming dupes are so easily convinced that identifying a possibility counts as "making a prediction". When the "prediction" doesn't happen, of course they are quick to point out that it only said "could."

IPCC prediction from AR5:
Some low-lying develop- ing countries and small island states are expected to face very high impacts that could have associated damage and adaptation costs of several percentage points of gross domestic product (GDP)

IPCC prediction from AR5: Amazon tipping point: Moist Amazon forests could change abruptly to less-carbon-dense, drought- and fire-adapted ecosystems

IPCC prediction from AR5:For most metrics, global cost differences are small under scenarios of global participation and cost-minimizing mitigation pathways, but implications for some individual countries and sectors could be more significant

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-12-2015 18:36
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
CAGW creeps are saying CAGW is the most pressing existential threat to the American people. That is an extremely offensive statement. Parents tell CAGW creeps to stop threatening their families or else they'll call the cops.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/climate-changes-challenge-for-americans-from-sea-to-risingsea/article27943529/
Edited on 31-12-2015 18:58

Join the debate the two words that doomed climate change alarmism:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
If you use any of the following words in a communication, the NSA will know that you are a terrorist927-07-2023 02:16
Joe Biden speaking his two most famous words ever111-03-2023 05:57
The Savior Messiah Buddha Final Words About The Virus Pandemic126-06-2021 20:55
Words, Languages Is The Highest Level Connection Between People & The Only Tool Help You To Understan218-06-2021 11:24
new words the Dunkstar has learned1104-07-2020 05:02
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact