Remember me
▼ Content

The sufferance of people in Viet Nam, Changing climate cause the history flood

Page 1 of 212>
The sufferance of people in Viet Nam, Changing climate cause the history flood18-12-2016 04:56
giabaodiepProfile picture☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
Changing climate and global warming cause terrible natural disasters. In Viet Nam, during decades before, we nerver get any flood like the flood in 2013, It's one of the most terible flood which we were gotten because the rainfall in our country in winter is raising each year, It's a warning about CO2 causing changing climate and global warming, the same is happening in 2016. These pictures below show the sufferance of people in Viet Nam right now.

https://www.facebook.com/diepgiabao167/posts/1816154278663636?pnref=story

I'm sorry because I don't know how to post picture, the natural disasters like flood, storm, even drought,...vv is happening in Viet Nam, In the past, we never got any disaster as terrible as we get nowadays. Vietnamese willing to stand up to prevent changing climate and global warming and they need the help of the international community, We must to save this beautìu; planet, save our home together.
Edited on 18-12-2016 05:17
18-12-2016 13:59
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Whilst I sympathise with you plight this is not new;

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=1Mn7AgAAQBAJ&pg=PA96&lpg=PA96&dq=floods+in+vietnam+19th+century&source=bl&ots=QhYb4nP14k&sig=uVwxIzdUQEZR-FiojrP4QiG3K1c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4tJ_J1_3QAhWBIcAKHfNxBGMQ6AEIQjAJ#v=onepage&q=floods%20in%20vietnam%2019th%20century&f=false

Shaped by extreme weather events such as typhoon sever flooding and prolonged droughts the problem of how to control the unpredictable red river has been a constant thread throughout North Vietnamese history.

Edited on 18-12-2016 14:00
18-12-2016 15:41
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Your a big fan of Simon Benediker's work I see, I always liked The Vietnamese Hydorcracy and the Mekong Delta, Fun book.

Are you sure it says what you think it says?
18-12-2016 17:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
giabaodiep wrote: Changing climate and global warming cause terrible natural disasters.

Nope. That's weather.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-12-2016 19:35
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
spot wrote:
Your a big fan of Simon Benediker's work I see, I always liked The Vietnamese Hydorcracy and the Mekong Delta, Fun book.

Are you sure it says what you think it says?

I have not read the book but I think it is talking about the fact that South East Asia is prone to large scale flooding and drought. And that this has been the case since for ever.
18-12-2016 23:15
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Global warming could have serious consequences for agricultural production. Some effects may be beneficial but many would be adverse. Not only might yields and quality be affected but crops may have to be grown in different locations as climate conditions alter.

Agricultural production is likely to be affected by:

sea level rise;
changes in the intensity and the potential for extreme weather events (such as typhoons, droughts, floods and cold outbreaks in northern regions);
local climate change (temperature rise, rainfall variation and the potential for desertification in southern areas);
pest development;
erosion and changes in soil fertility; and
the effects on growth of increased atmospheric carbon dioxide.
Sea level rise presents a major threat to Vietnamese agriculture.

Agricultural lands are concentrated along the coast in the two major deltas. Sea level rise threatens these regions and would drastically affect their peoples. Arable land might be reduced, some areas could become salinated and people may have to be relocated, increasing pressure on resources in neighbouring regions.

Analysis of the response of crop yields to past climate fluctuations shows that the productivity of the food crops and cereal crops of Vietnam varies greatly. Crop productivity variations in the north are more marked than those of the south and cereal crop yields vary more distinctly than those of rice.

Crop losses are often caused by an accumulation of factors.

The most serious losses are caused by typhoons (20-50%), although the area affected tends to be limited. Droughts, long periods of sunshine in winter and water-logging are also important (10-30%) and affect a wider area. Cold spells, dry spells and dry-hot winds causes less severe damage (5-20%) and affect a limited area. In the past, rainfall has been a more important factor than temperature.

Studies by Vietnamese scientists have shown that the northern region, especially the Red River Delta, is the most sensitive to present-day climate variability. Rainfall fluctuations are strongest in this area and drought and flooding frequently limit crop yields.

In the north of Central Vietnam, meteorological disasters such as storms have their greatest impact on agriculture. There is concern that the typhoon season may increase in severity and become more prolonged in the future. This will have serious consequences for the region, increasing wind damage and flooding.

In upland regions, the rise in temperature may enable cultivation at higher elevations, although crops grown at present may be lost completely in some areas.

The vulnerability of southern regions is likely to rise as global warming develops. Where climate used to be stable, and impacts on agriculture less frequent, climate change is now occurring at a higher rate.

The increased incidence of drought in the south of the country as rising temperature increases evaporation water loss would be a major impact of global warming. The range of crops that can be grown may be reduced. Pest outbreaks may become more frequent as temperature and humidity increase in the winter months.

Taking future trends into consideration, the Mekong Delta and the coastal areas in the north of the central region are considered the most vulnerable to the changes expected to occur as a result of global warming.

Further research is necessary to define the likely impacts of global warming on Vietnamese agriculture in greater detail and to identify the most appropriate means of adapting food production to the changing environment and ensuring sustainable yields.
19-12-2016 03:15
(14377)
spot wrote: Global warming could have serious consequences for agricultural production.

Global Warming is an unfalsifiable religion. The only "consequences" it could have must necessarily reside in some spiritual/supernatural realm.

There is no Global Warming in this nature of ours.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-12-2016 04:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
spot wrote:
Global warming could have serious consequences for agricultural production. Some effects may be beneficial but many would be adverse. Not only might yields and quality be affected but crops may have to be grown in different locations as climate conditions alter.

...deleted remaining long rant that the End of the World is Nigh.

Don't panic. All your predictions are wrong. They are based on The Church of Global Warming prophecy.

The who thinks the world is going to become uninhabitable is the Faithful of the Church of Global Warming.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-12-2016 06:14
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"tipped, the leaky plumber" puffed:... sympathise(sic) with you(sic) plight this is not new...

"i b da no sigh-ants mann" muffed: Nope. That's weather.
///////
litesong wrote:
Four of the ten worst Philippine cyclones have occurred in the last 10 years. "tipped, the leaky plumber" is an old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) AGW denier liar whiner & "old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner i b da no sigh-ants mann" is an old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.
19-12-2016 12:05
giabaodiepProfile picture☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
Changing climate caused changing weather, You know, we never got any disasters as terrible as we get nowadays, flooding in Vietnam because bad hydroelectric systems, deforestation and more terrible weather. Vietnamese willing to stand up to prevent changing climate and global warming.
19-12-2016 12:54
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
spot wrote:

sea level rise;

No. Sea level rise will not cause any trouble at all.

Every time there is the normal anual flood of the river deltas the sediment deposited is in the order of cm per year. That's why its' a delta and why its' so fertile.

The delta will grow not shrink.

The models that don't predict the weather well also predict increased extreme weather. That also has not arrived in the real world. The past cuple of decades have been shockingly lacking in the normal amount of extreme events.

CO2 abundance also very significantly increases plant fertility. The yealds today are higher due to this and will continue to increase due to increased CO2.

Given that you are growing tropical food in this area there will be no need or opportunity to use better crops that will happen, if it warms up, further away from the equator.
19-12-2016 12:54
(14377)
litesong wrote: Four of the ten worst Philippine cyclones have occurred in the last 10 years. "

They were angry when they said that. It turns out they weren't the worst. People exaggerate when they're angry.

19-12-2016 13:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
giabaodiep wrote:
Changing climate caused changing weather, You know, we never got any disasters as terrible as we get nowadays, flooding in Vietnam because bad hydroelectric systems, deforestation and more terrible weather. Vietnamese willing to stand up to prevent changing climate and global warming.

You did get much worse weather and climate events in the past.

Civilization destroying droughts have happened a lot in South East Aisa.

I do not know if the hydro electric damms have made the situation worse but if they are well managed then they should be a help not a negative.

If the hypothesis of global warming is true, not at all confident on that one, then the tropics will see the least impact of a tiny change. Find other things to panic about.

Management of your rivers and building better housing will require the power and money to do. This will not be there if you decied to avoid getting rich. You will need all the energy sources you can find and use the cheapest to get to Western wealth levels. Shooting yourself in the foot is not a good idea.
19-12-2016 20:41
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Of course my fellow forum dwellers have no idea what they are talking about giabaodiep. Of course there is a case to be made that Climate change is not the only thing affecting Vietnam, Been there on holiday lovely country, I also found out its a big exporter of rice so its not just Vietnamese that are affected. But one thing I can say with certainly is that it useless to engage Tim the Plumber, Ibdamann and Intothenight in a conversion about this they are Anti-environment trolls, common in the English speaking world for some reason, I have no idea why they do it but I know they tell the most outrageous lies to provoke you on this mostly unmoderated board.
19-12-2016 20:41
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Of course my fellow forum dwellers have no idea what they are talking about giabaodiep. Of course there is a case to be made that Climate change is not the only thing affecting Vietnam, Been there on holiday lovely country, I also found out its a big exporter of rice so its not just Vietnamese that are affected. But one thing I can say with certainly is that it useless to engage Tim the Plumber, Ibdamann and Intothenight in a conversion about this they are Anti-environment trolls, common in the English speaking world for some reason, I have no idea why they do it but I know they tell the most outrageous lies to provoke you on this mostly unmoderated board.
19-12-2016 22:27
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
spot wrote:

Point out where I have lie or retract that.

Without the means to export that food others would starve. This means is the use of fossil fuel to power the transport.

The disaster management involves machinery to get people out and to dig drainage channels etc.

Building new, and better, homes requires better materials. This means fossil fuels for power.

You are as ever in-numerate and incompetant.
19-12-2016 23:23
(21559)
spot wrote:

What an ingrate.

I have spent much of my career cleaning up things like Lake Washington and Puget Sound. Others talk about doing it. I actually DID.

I have built numerous systems that make quite a variety of industrial processes more efficient. This allows them to use much less chemical for the same productivity, which is better on the environment.

I have built systems that allowed the Space Shuttle to fly, allowing us to put up and maintain numerous satellites to monitor the environment.

Unlike you, I am a rocket scientist.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-12-2016 01:10
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
I've explained to you before I think you're a Walter Mitty.

And I'm a glorified storeman, mind you give me a ten year old mobile phone and I might be able to tell you whats wrong with it. One thing I will say is that I bet I'm far more qualified then you.
20-12-2016 01:21
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:

20-12-2016 01:23
(14377)
spot wrote: One thing I will say is that I bet I'm far more qualified then you.

Says the disingenuous anonymous poster who happens to be scientifically illiterate.

20-12-2016 01:24
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Still think if he was one he would call himself an Aerospace Engineer.

I sense you don't have that much confidence either.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
20-12-2016 01:40
(14377)
spot wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Fortunately for the rest of us, your transparent envy tells the true story best.

20-12-2016 01:45
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Fortunately for the rest of us, your transparent envy tells the true story best.

I'm going to regret asking this,

and I doubt I will get an intelligible answer from you.

But why the hell do you think would I be envious of you or your friends?

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
20-12-2016 02:04
(14377)
spot wrote:I'm going to regret asking this,

and I doubt I will get an intelligible answer from you.

But why the hell do you think would I be envious of you or your friends?

There you were, enjoying your religious Global Warming high, firmly believing that your WACKY religious dogma was "settled science" and that you were actually smart.

Then I and others came along and splashed cold water on your fantasy. We made you take the red pill when all you ever wanted was the blue pill. You now realize that there is no science behind your faith, that all your dogma is gibber-babble. Suddenly you find yourself facing actual science that cruelly destroys the very religion into which you have invested so much of your identity.

You are uber-envious of those who have actual science and who were not so exceedingly gullible that they were easily sucked into the scam ... because they are free to pursue the truth while you know that your manipulation will control you forever.

I know it hurts to read this. Of course you are going to regret having asked.

20-12-2016 02:13
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
I was right about one thing

I was not going to get an intelligible answer.
20-12-2016 02:15
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Its been ages since I've seen the Matrix which pill was which?

Have you seen the Matix? or was the pill thing something you picked up off of conspiracy websites? they are always going on about red and blue pills.
20-12-2016 02:18
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
have you taken your pills?
20-12-2016 02:24
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
I think you would benefit from seeing your doctor and getting the dosage upped or cut or change brand or something.
20-12-2016 02:35
(14377)
spot wrote:
I was right about one thing

I was not going to get an intelligible answer.

Naturally you need to learn to read first. The problem is on your end.

20-12-2016 04:36
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"tipped the leaky plumber" puffed:
giabaodiep wrote:

You did get much worse weather and climate events in the past.

litesong wrote: Here's a good un about the Mekong River & its building problems, combining serial communist chinese (always small letters) dams & major changes on the river & its delta.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/7/vietnams-fertile-rice-bowl-threatened-by-climate-s/

communist chinese (always small letters) serial dams have collapsed in the past within communist chinese (always small letters) borders, killing tens of thousands of Chinese Citizens. In at least one case, one dam didn't collapse but ran its water release system at full, killing hundreds (if not more) of Chinese Citizens. communist chinese (always small letters) care even less for other downstream nationalities in other countries.
Edited on 20-12-2016 05:12
20-12-2016 13:51
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

What an ingrate.

I have spent much of my career cleaning up things like Lake Washington and Puget Sound. Others talk about doing it. I actually DID.

I have built numerous systems that make quite a variety of industrial processes more efficient. This allows them to use much less chemical for the same productivity, which is better on the environment.

I have built systems that allowed the Space Shuttle to fly, allowing us to put up and maintain numerous satellites to monitor the environment.

If that is true then I am impressed.

I have an idea that for a better wind turbine system. The present one which use a big propeller suffer from very high maintenance issues. The forces on the blades switch from compression to tension each rotation which causes cracking which is why when you look at them there are generally 20% of them not working.

My idea would avoid this issue.

Should it be as economic as I think it will be it will make electricity cheaper than burning coal. It will require about $170,000 investment to build the working prototype.

If you are agreeable I suggest we exchange none-disclosure letters and discuss it from there.
20-12-2016 20:10
(21559)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

What an ingrate.

I have an idea that for a better wind turbine system. The present one which use a big propeller suffer from very high maintenance issues. The forces on the blades switch from compression to tension each rotation which causes cracking which is why when you look at them there are generally 20% of them not working.

Should it be as economic as I think it will be it will make electricity cheaper than burning coal. It will require about $170,000 investment to build the working prototype.

If you are agreeable I suggest we exchange none-disclosure letters and discuss it from there.

Interesting idea. The big propellers ARE more efficient because they are big, but they do have various issues. One big one is UV decay. Another is uneven tension (they do not go into compression when operating, other than the back side of the blade which is the same for all propellers, and consistent). Another big problem is the governors failing, causing a catastrophic destruction of the entire machine.

The reason you usually only see about 20% of the operating is that they don't need the power. The blades are feathered. Instead of trying to store it, they just shut down a few turbines.

Good luck with your prototype. At that price for investing in it, you should easily be able to pick somebody up that has the cash. I do recommend that you plan more than just prototype cost, though. You will have to have enough to get to production and marketing.

I take it the unit is a more compact design? That alone would be useful, even if it wasn't as efficient. A lot of people just don't like the look of a hillside full of turbines.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 20-12-2016 20:14
21-12-2016 11:43
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Into the Night wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

What an ingrate.

Interesting idea. The big propellers ARE more efficient because they are big, but they do have various issues. One big one is UV decay. Another is uneven tension (they do not go into compression when operating, other than the back side of the blade which is the same for all propellers, and consistent). Another big problem is the governors failing, causing a catastrophic destruction of the entire machine.

The reason you usually only see about 20% of the operating is that they don't need the power. The blades are feathered. Instead of trying to store it, they just shut down a few turbines.

Good luck with your prototype. At that price for investing in it, you should easily be able to pick somebody up that has the cash. I do recommend that you plan more than just prototype cost, though. You will have to have enough to get to production and marketing.

I take it the unit is a more compact design? That alone would be useful, even if it wasn't as efficient. A lot of people just don't like the look of a hillside full of turbines.

The design would, if anything, be bigger. Less effeicent in terms of using more wind to make power but it would be able to work at a much wider range of wind speeds and who cares if you waste wind power? Less efficent but far more effective and economic.

If you know how I should go about getting this to market then I would love to hear about that. Having a professional engineer on board sounds good to me.

And personally I love the look of the present type, it's just a shame that they don't work very well.
21-12-2016 18:03
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Into the Night wrote: The reason you usually only see about 20% of the operating is that they don't need the power. Instead of trying to store it, they just shut down a few turbines.

Hydro & wind powers integrate the best of any other multiple electricity sources. Using the wind power, saves the waters behind the dams till the wind stops blowing. Then the hydro kicks in, & easily does so, adjusting for wind vagaries. As far as durability, wind turbine working lives are beyond 25 years, specially with the advent of gearless generators, light weight, ever more efficient components, & ever taller wind turbines. Newest designs shall put out as much as 50 Megawatts. Yeah, many problems fossil fuel advocates raised about wind turbines are no more AND other WT problems pale in comparison to fossil fuel past, present & future use.

Hey, how about the possibility that massive wind turbine farms can kill hurricanes? Yeah, the wind turbines pull so much energy out of hurricanes that hurricanes lose their structure to intensify. Now that is a miraculous plus that was never considered decades ago.
Edited on 21-12-2016 18:23
21-12-2016 18:36
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
litesong wrote:
Into the Night wrote: The reason you usually only see about 20% of the operating is that they don't need the power. Instead of trying to store it, they just shut down a few turbines.

Hydro & wind powers integrate the best of any other multiple electricity sources. Using the wind power, saves the waters behind the dams till the wind stops blowing. Then the hydro kicks in, & easily does so, adjusting for wind vagaries. As far as durability, wind turbine working lives are beyond 25 years, specially with the advent of gearless generators, light weight, ever more efficient components, & ever taller wind turbines. Newest designs shall put out as much as 50 Megawatts. Yeah, many problems fossil fuel advocates raised about wind turbines are no more AND other WT problems pale in comparison to fossil fuel past, present & future use.

Hey, how about the possibility that massive wind turbine farms can kill hurricanes? Yeah, the wind turbines pull so much energy out of hurricanes that hurricanes lose their structure to intensify. Now that is a miraculous plus that was never considered decades ago.

Compared to a normal mountain or forrest any turbine farm is insignificant.

The power is a storm is huge by comparison with any human activity.
21-12-2016 20:28
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Tim the plumber wrote:
litesong wrote:Newest designs shall put out as much as 50 Megawatts...... how about the possibility that massive wind turbine farms can kill hurricanes? Yeah, the wind turbines pull so much energy out of hurricanes that hurricanes lose their structure to intensify.

Compared to a normal mountain or forrest(sic) any turbine farm is insignificant. The power is (sic) a storm is huge by comparison with any human activity.

Yeah, that is the standard answer from old sick silly sleepy sleazy reprobate AGW denier liar whiners, who have no science chemistry astronomy physics algebra & pre-calc in unearned hi skule DEE-plooomaas. But 3000, 50 Megawatt wind turbines will tap the edges of hurricanes to the extent they will not be able to direct increasing energy to the center of the hurricane & will disrupt the hurricanes' central power.
Edited on 21-12-2016 20:31
21-12-2016 20:56
(21559)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

What an ingrate.

The design would, if anything, be bigger. Less effeicent in terms of using more wind to make power but it would be able to work at a much wider range of wind speeds and who cares if you waste wind power? Less efficent but far more effective and economic.

If you know how I should go about getting this to market then I would love to hear about that. Having a professional engineer on board sounds good to me.

And personally I love the look of the present type, it's just a shame that they don't work very well.

What range of wind speeds are you designing for?

The Parrot Killer

21-12-2016 21:10
(21559)
litesong wrote:

You use what energy source is available to you. 50MW you say? Sure is a pittance against a single nuclear power plant that puts out 2500MW. You DO realize the generator is huge, more than 500 ft high, and that it would take over a dozen of them to equal the 50MW output you claim? (most common generators put out 1-2MW)
litesong wrote:
Hey, how about the possibility that massive wind turbine farms can kill hurricanes?

How about the possibility that massive wind turbine farms can be killed by hurricanes?
litesong wrote:
Yeah, the wind turbines pull so much energy out of hurricanes that hurricanes lose their structure to intensify.

They will not 'pull' the energy out of a hurricane, anymore than a jumbo jet will increase the overall wind speed over a large metropolitan area.
litesong wrote:
Now that is a miraculous plus that was never considered decades ago.

Probably because it wouldn't work.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 21-12-2016 21:13
22-12-2016 03:22
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Into the Night wrote:...50MW you say? Sure is a pittance against a single nuclear power plant that puts out 2500MW. You DO realize the generator is huge, more than 500 ft high, and that it would take over a dozen of them to equal the 50MW output you claim? (most common generators put out 1-2MW....

The braggart "into the badnight" pretends I'm talkin' older wind turbines, NOT the designs that will be constructed in the near future. Wind turbine opponents never conceived (& "into the badnight" still doesn't know) the awesome size of the newest WT designs...... 1500 feet tall, 50 Megawatts(more?). Ideally, three thousand of these wind turbines will extract 150,000 Megawatts out of the leading edges of hurricanes. Indeed, THAT will be a hurricane BERSERKER KILLER.

Let's see some cartoons from "old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner i b da no sigh-ants mann".
Edited on 22-12-2016 03:24
22-12-2016 10:52
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Into the Night wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

What an ingrate.

What range of wind speeds are you designing for?

Today's turbines will not work in low winds and also not work in high winds.

My ones would be OK at lower speeds, I don't know how low without a prototype, and would have no maximum untill the entire structure was blown away.

They also would have no noise trouble.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate The sufferance of people in Viet Nam, Changing climate cause the history flood:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new USA electric tank, the dumbest invention in the history of warfare005-01-2024 15:27
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Worsening warming is hurting people in all regions, US climate assessment shows2923-11-2023 02:17
People who prefer to write anonymously016-11-2023 22:50
The Netherlands is euthanizing autistic people. So why was it different when Hitler did the same028-06-2023 22:38
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact