Remember me
▼ Content

The SETI Hoax

The SETI Hoax22-05-2018 02:06
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(105)
http://TheSETIHoax.blogspot.com

Read the record above please, without doing any research at all. It was sent into space in 1977 by NASA in collaboration with SETI, the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence, as part of the Voyager 1 Program, which cost some $254,000,000.

Was that a prudent use of our scarce resources? After 40 years of considerable scientific research, SETI says, "Nothing yet. More funding please!"

Read the heiroglyphics above please. You can't? Nobody else could either until the Rosetta Stone was found.

It enabled the translation of one human language into others. Reading heiroglypics was previously impossible, as is the probability of deciphering anything SETI might ever find, if we had even the capacity to receive it, which is very unlikely. But before humanity could ever attempt to interpret any extraterrestrial message, first the following impossible series of hurdles have to be overcome.

1. How can we possibly know if our technology is remotely adequate to speak to, or hear from anyone beyond our solar system? The fact is, we cannot possibly know. IF anyone else exists, their technology would probably be so far advanced beyond ours as to be unrecognizable. Our electromagnetic transmissions might be the technological equivalent of Indian smoke signals.

2. BUT IF SOMEONE INTELLIGENT, ADVANCED CIVILIZATION could possibly receive our communications, how far away should we expect them to be, given a universe 93,000,000,000 light years in diameter. Moreover, spherical volume increases in proportion to the cube of the distance from the center. So the number of galaxies at the outer reaches of the universe is far greater than the number of galaxies "just' a million light years distant from earth There are approximately 804 quadrillion times as many stars beyond the million light year radius as there are within it. (92,999 cubed) An intelligent civilization "only" 1,000,000 light years distant from earth could, theoretically, receive our incredibly weak signals in a million years.

3. IF they elect to respond from very close by, one million light years distant, which is by no means certain, we might expect a response in just 2,000,000 years. Send your money in to SETI today!

SETI is one of the longest running, most expensive hoaxes in the history of science.

Another such hoax, more recent, far more costly, and therefore far more destructive, is the Global Warming Hoax.

SETI claims to want to learn; I have a lesson. Stop throwing good money after bad. Save tax dollars. Save the millions of dollars of corporations and private donors. As Enrico Fermi said in 1974, "Where are they?"

The answer to the Fermi Paradox is simple. SETI is looking for E.T. in the wrong place, and in wrong way. Scientists claim they can learn from E.T, but learning something is entirely different from using that information as it was intended to be used. If billions of humans refuse to heed ET's following message, why should we expect them to follow the instructions from a local civilization "only" 1,000,000 light years distant?

E.T.'s MESSAGE

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Ecclesiastes 2:13 Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.

Luke 6:31 Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give unto your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man.

Ephesians 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies He who loves his wife loves himself.

Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
08-08-2019 23:39
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(105)
Four hundred ninety two hits and not one response to date. Evidently everyone agrees that SETI is a hoax. That or else they do not have a response they feel is worth posting.

And Carl Sagan was so smugly certain there were space men......
10-08-2019 06:05
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Personally, I think the government needs to quit giving away tax dollars, period. That's what the people should or could be doing, if interested, or see a need for it. The government passing out free cash, is killing capitalism. Products are only worth as much as a buyer is willing to spend. The government passing out free cash, sets the minimal price higher, so if we want or need something, we pay more, or do with less.

SETI started out okay, but they got a surplus of free money, went a little crazy, got too big. The got to the point, where they had to justify their existence, just to keep enough cash rolling in to operate, barely. At first, they were just listening. There is normal, background noise, but occasional they got signals that had distinct patterns to them. It's not necessarily communication from advance lifeforms, just that there could be lifeforms, with some technology. Pretty much every machine we build, emits electromagnetic waves, whether we intend for that to happen or not. That's pretty much what SETI was listening for. Fine if privately funded, but really not a concern for tax dollars.

There are many thousands of similar research projects funded with tax dollars, that won't ever produce anything of use or value, mostly just of interest for a few people.

I don't know why people are so certain that Global Warming is an actual problem, or that we could actually fight it, if we spend trillions of dollars on it. We didn't seem to learn anything from the Ozone Hole crisis of the 70s. The hole is still there, far as anyone can tell, it's always been there, and it expands and shrinks all the time. CFCs had nothing to do with it. But, at least there air quality in California improved greatly, and a little less graffiti vandalism. One degree Celsius warming per century is that big deal, as an average. We have no way of knowing if it'll hit a limit, or keep going. We will keep adapting to whatever nature throws at us, whether we spend money studying and predicting, or not. So far, none of the predictions have even come close. Al Gore needs to make a new movie, the prophesies and timelines flopped. Ice caps are still there, polar bears an penguins are still doing fine, coastal cities aren't underwater, or even a little flooded from rising sea levels. Hasn't been any reduction in CO2 production, few green energy projects, but even more CO2 producing plants and factories being built. A lot of people like talking about global warming, but nobody seems to be taking it serious enough, to actually be doing anything. Mostly, it's about votes, and stealing tax dollars, well any money easily parted from a few fools...
17-08-2019 02:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
SETI isn't a hoax and i think it was only govt funded for a small fraction of its time.
Re: who out there could hear us?
We've only been sending EM transmissions for 100 years or so. Therefore noone further than a 100 light years or so away from us could have received any of our transmissions. They could see that we have oxygen in our atmosphere though going back much farther in time but if life is common there would be oxygen on many planets and not really a reason for thinking there was necessarily intelligent life. There are so many worlds in the universe and so few intelligent civilizations that it would take a curious civilization an awfully long time to investigate every planet that had oxygen.
And then there's the distances and the time required to investigate. It would be amazing to send a mission to investigate and have that mission stay focused for millions of years.
Maybe someone can travel faster than light though.
Still, there are so many worlds and so few intelligent civilizations.
19-08-2019 19:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Personally, I think the government needs to quit giving away tax dollars, period. That's what the people should or could be doing, if interested, or see a need for it. The government passing out free cash, is killing capitalism. Products are only worth as much as a buyer is willing to spend. The government passing out free cash, sets the minimal price higher, so if we want or need something, we pay more, or do with less.

SETI started out okay, but they got a surplus of free money, went a little crazy, got too big. The got to the point, where they had to justify their existence, just to keep enough cash rolling in to operate, barely. At first, they were just listening. There is normal, background noise, but occasional they got signals that had distinct patterns to them. It's not necessarily communication from advance lifeforms, just that there could be lifeforms, with some technology. Pretty much every machine we build, emits electromagnetic waves, whether we intend for that to happen or not. That's pretty much what SETI was listening for. Fine if privately funded, but really not a concern for tax dollars.

There are many thousands of similar research projects funded with tax dollars, that won't ever produce anything of use or value, mostly just of interest for a few people.

I don't know why people are so certain that Global Warming is an actual problem, or that we could actually fight it, if we spend trillions of dollars on it. We didn't seem to learn anything from the Ozone Hole crisis of the 70s. The hole is still there, far as anyone can tell, it's always been there, and it expands and shrinks all the time. CFCs had nothing to do with it. But, at least there air quality in California improved greatly, and a little less graffiti vandalism. One degree Celsius warming per century is that big deal, as an average. We have no way of knowing if it'll hit a limit, or keep going. We will keep adapting to whatever nature throws at us, whether we spend money studying and predicting, or not. So far, none of the predictions have even come close. Al Gore needs to make a new movie, the prophesies and timelines flopped. Ice caps are still there, polar bears an penguins are still doing fine, coastal cities aren't underwater, or even a little flooded from rising sea levels. Hasn't been any reduction in CO2 production, few green energy projects, but even more CO2 producing plants and factories being built. A lot of people like talking about global warming, but nobody seems to be taking it serious enough, to actually be doing anything. Mostly, it's about votes, and stealing tax dollars, well any money easily parted from a few fools...

The air quality improved in California (and elsewhere) because of the introduction of the EGR system in automobiles, which occurred in the mid-70's.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-08-2019 19:06
(21588)
keepit wrote:
SETI isn't a hoax and i think it was only govt funded for a small fraction of its time.
Re: who out there could hear us?
We've only been sending EM transmissions for 100 years or so. Therefore noone further than a 100 light years or so away from us could have received any of our transmissions. They could see that we have oxygen in our atmosphere though going back much farther in time but if life is common there would be oxygen on many planets and not really a reason for thinking there was necessarily intelligent life. There are so many worlds in the universe and so few intelligent civilizations that it would take a curious civilization an awfully long time to investigate every planet that had oxygen.
And then there's the distances and the time required to investigate. It would be amazing to send a mission to investigate and have that mission stay focused for millions of years.
Maybe someone can travel faster than light though.
Still, there are so many worlds and so few intelligent civilizations.

Heh. If someone can travel faster than light, we'll never see them!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-08-2019 20:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
One way to reduce greenhouse emissions that doesn't cost any money at all is to quit spending so much money. Money produces greenhouse gasses. Don't spend, don't produce. It's free.
20-08-2019 04:17
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:Harvey,
One way to reduce greenhouse emissions that doesn't cost any money at all is to quit spending so much money. Money produces greenhouse gasses. Don't spend, don't produce. It's free.

keepit, if I decide to work less, say only six hours per day instead of eight, in a job that pays me $35/hour, doesn't that cost me $70/day as opposed to being free?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-08-2019 05:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBDM,
Thanks for asking about that.
I realize it is a pipe dream but -
1 - The fed and the treasury would have to help a lot.
2 - on the plus side if we could shrink the economy, the world economy would shrink too.
3 - in an overall way let's say that housing and cars take up half of our income.
The other half goes to daily and monthly spending which could be reduced greatly.
The gov would have to help with the mortgages and the car payment (the gov helped greatly with house payments during Obama's time), maybe they could do more
4 - We don't need such big houses and new gas guzzling cars
5 - We don't need such a big military, we already spend much more than the rest of the world combined.
In summary, if the economy shrunk 50% , there would be 50% of the man hours left to work. That would mean that half of us don't have work. That would mean that those who still had work would have to give half of the work to the ones that lost their job. Therefore, overall we work 25% of what we used to. The gov would have to help greatly with debt (mortgages and car payments).
CO2 emissions would be reduced by half. Maybe that would be enough.
20-08-2019 17:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
If the fed and treasury wold pay off all the debt and the economies would shrink, the CO@ output would decrease and we would work less and enjoy life more.
It would take a lot of printing but i could do it.
20-08-2019 17:51
(21588)
keepit wrote:
If the fed and treasury wold pay off all the debt and the economies would shrink, the CO@ output would decrease and we would work less and enjoy life more.
It would take a lot of printing but i could do it.

Printing dollars without a corresponding increase in wealth from capitalism causes inflation. To pay off the debt that way causes a cash crash. Hyperinflation.

I guess you figure that seeing the dollar utterly ruined and people thrown out of work is a good thing.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 20-08-2019 17:52
20-08-2019 17:55
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
a Lot of knowledgable people don't understand why there isn't inflation.
I'm not sure i understand it but i think it has to do with automation and outsourcing efficiency.
The river she's a rising and things, they are a changing.
Edited on 20-08-2019 17:57
21-08-2019 17:38
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:Heh. If someone can travel faster than light, we'll never see them!

If such a person were moving away from us, what would the red shift be? Would it be an infrared-shift? If so, at what temperature? Would it be enough to cause Global Warming? Would it be enough to make toast?

Just wondering?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-08-2019 02:53
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Heh. If someone can travel faster than light, we'll never see them!

If such a person were moving away from us, what would the red shift be? Would it be an infrared-shift? If so, at what temperature? Would it be enough to cause Global Warming? Would it be enough to make toast?

Just wondering?

If they were moving faster than the speed of light (relative to us) away from us, how could we see it at all? I think we can safely ignore physics for this question.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 22-08-2019 02:54
22-08-2019 06:12
(14389)
Into the Night wrote: I think we can safely ignore physics for this question.

We had already abandoned physics with the man moving faster than light.

Although I still think the idea could be used to make a great space-heater.

19-12-2019 00:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Just reread my post about working 25% as much. I meant to say 50% as much. Not that anyone cares at this point. Maybe someday.
06-08-2020 02:39
sceptic777
☆☆☆☆☆
(30)
SETI may be a hoax, but has anyone here heard of CSETI? It is the organization started by Dr Steven Greer, a retired emergency doctor. He claims to have had repeated communications with extraterrestrials. He also claims to have extensive knowledge about them and their crafts. He says that some of the crafts that are seen and reproduction vehicles produced here on earth but others are extraterrestrial in nature. Anyone here knows more about this?
06-08-2020 12:50
(21588)
sceptic777 wrote:
SETI may be a hoax, but has anyone here heard of CSETI? It is the organization started by Dr Steven Greer, a retired emergency doctor. He claims to have had repeated communications with extraterrestrials. He also claims to have extensive knowledge about them and their crafts. He says that some of the crafts that are seen and reproduction vehicles produced here on earth but others are extraterrestrial in nature. Anyone here knows more about this?

A hoax by any other name. It's the same hoax rebranded.

The Parrot Killer

19-09-2020 00:13
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(105)
http://NASAGoldRecord.blogspot.com
19-09-2020 03:07
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
When you apply costings to a project you have to allow that the money was not just burned it employed a great many people and purchased a lot of resources.We have clown sailors that try to single hand sail around the great Australian bight and a whale tries to have sex with them or a storm breaks the mast and they have to be rescued by the Navy.The press announces that it cost $48,000 to rescue them.but where and what would the Navy frigate have been doing anyway.It would still cost $48,000 to run if it was on patrol or a training exersize.
28-12-2020 12:00
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:
When you apply costings to a project you have to allow that the money was not just burned it employed a great many people and purchased a lot of resources.We have clown sailors that try to single hand sail around the great Australian bight and a whale tries to have sex with them or a storm breaks the mast and they have to be rescued by the Navy.The press announces that it cost $48,000 to rescue them.but where and what would the Navy frigate have been doing anyway.It would still cost $48,000 to run if it was on patrol or a training exersize.

The press are political activists and not accountants.

They neither know nor care that normal operating expenses are not to be included, nor salaries that have to be paid regardless. All they know is that they need to ALARM the public whether or not it is necessary or appropriate. Their ethics are measured by the magnitude of their final reported number, i.e. the ends justify the means.

The number they should report, of course, is the amount they would have saved if they had not rescued the people in distress. This usually involves fuel and equipment expended in the effort that needs to be replaced, and usually amounts to a total value that is two orders of magnitude too small for the press to incite the needed level of ALARM in the public.

Join the debate The SETI Hoax:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Space travel is hoax3316-04-2024 23:24
Nukes are hoax1412-03-2024 16:06
10 Reasons To Prove That Climate Change is a Hoax8405-02-2021 17:43
Brandolini's Law- Applicable to Climate Change Hoax028-06-2020 15:26
where the moonlandings a hoax?2811-04-2018 21:09
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact