Remember me
▼ Content

The role of business in climate change

The role of business in climate change03-02-2017 16:53
maih14
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Hi Everyone! I am hoping to get some feedback on my research. I am exploring the role of corporations in contributing to climate change, and looking to fit business activities into the 2-degree carbon budget. To get a better idea I created a one-minute research video here: https://youtu.be/WPNNccAVlxc
Let me know what you think
03-02-2017 18:26
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
maih14 wrote:
Hi Everyone! I am hoping to get some feedback on my research. I am exploring the role of corporations in contributing to climate change, and looking to fit business activities into the 2-degree carbon budget. To get a better idea I created a one-minute research video here: https://youtu.be/WPNNccAVlxc
Let me know what you think

Let me go over you points: It is interesting that you choose Exxon as a bad guy. They are a public company and the majority of their stockholders are funds largely held by retirement fund groups. Over the last 8 years not only have they returned a pittance to their stockholders but they haven't even kept up with inflation and the devaluation of the dollar caused by insane over printing of currency.

What does Exxon deliver? They supply natural gas so thgat you can heat your home in the winter. Do you heat your home in the winter?

They supply gasoline and petroleum byproducts so that you can drive your car. Do you drive a car? What do you think would happen to the people of the United States without cars? Use electric cars? How is the electricity generated?

And batteries are still the problem. Lithium is a rare element and difficult to mine without strip mines. Do you believe that strip mines are ecologically any friendlier than gas automobiles? There are other batteries that are under development that COULD lessen the problem but at this point they are all virtual failures with very short lifespans. Most of the information about them is nothing more than pure hype trying to give hope to the hopeful.

https://tinyurl.com/hg34by3

Some 40% of the energy used for transportation purposes is used by the commercial airline industry. At any moment there are 3,000 commercial aircraft in the air over the US alone. And these engines burn on a 500 mi trip about 1000 gallons of fuel. The longer the trip the more fuel per mile they consume because of increasing weight. Shorter trips have a MUCH higher burn rate since a greater portion of the fuel usage is in take-off power which uses a LOT of fuel to get airborne.

So look at your own video. Think about your own parents without the income of a stock fund like Exxon of Mobil or Sunco. Think of some little old lady trying to get a week's groceries home from the store.

And then think that there is HUGE controversy about climate change and for good reason. About every thousand years we have a warm period that lasts between a hundred and two hundred years. Each one melts a little more ice and glaciers because we are presently in an Interglacial period of an Ice Age.

When you talk about warming IS THIS NATURAL warming because it is time for us to leave that Ice Age we are presently in?

Presently we are in the coldest period in geological history outside of the glacial periods that we are bouncing in and out of and which we are between presently. So if we ARE in an Ice Age wouldn't you think that sooner or later the Earth will leave that and will warm up?

So do not allow yourself to be propagandized by people who have something to gain - scientists who must eat to and get more research grant money by "proving" climate change, politicians who can scare the public and gain more political and government power to wield, media who have their own reasons and it certainly ISN'T for the good of the American people.
Join the debate The role of business in climate change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Understanding the Role of a Psychiatrist in Brooklyn, with a Focus on Williamsburg1408-12-2023 02:56
I The Savior Looking For Some Serious Business With Top Secret Groups Royal Families202-04-2023 02:48
Patened enclosed vertical axis wind turbine. Seeking business partner.17229-12-2022 20:50
Many Sports Becoming Commercial Business Money Industry Instead Of Real Spirit Fighting Battle220-06-2021 00:46
Why A Rotating National Policy Is Bad For Business605-02-2021 00:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact