Remember me
▼ Content

The Real, 'Green New Deal'

The Real, 'Green New Deal'16-08-2019 03:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/israel-official-netanyahu-weighing-ban-on-omar-tlaib-visit/976187045

Climate change is such an important issue for these democrats, yet, they have no problem hopping on a plane, and flying half way around the world, on a whim. I'm not sure what they needed to fly to Israel for, seems to have little to do with the states the represent. With telephones, internet, hardly any business they could possibly had, in regard to their jobs, and the spending of taxpayer money, hard to understand why they need to go there. The obviously weren't going to fly coach, on the Delta red-eye either. It would have been a private jet, with staff, and security, likely the cost would have been similar to a presidential visit. The democrats really scream loudly about abuse and accountability, but it's doubtful any of these taxpayer funded, vacation/trips will ever be looked into, just a perk of office.

It's not just the blatant abuse of taxpayer money, for personal use, but it's how the democrats are pretty much agreed, that the rest of us must reduce our carbon fuel usage. Even Speaker Nancy, during the shut-down, expected the people to pay for her trip (don't remember where). Trump told her not on our dime, pay for it yourself, or stay and do your job, get a budget passed. She stayed, but still dragged heels on the budget deal. I think Trump probably went a little to far, getting those two banned from Israel, they should get a chance to see it, maybe it could change their beliefs.

I don't know the cost, or how often these capital hill folks take these fun trips. If everyone travels on the same plane, or is staff and security travel on a separate plane. I am pretty sure we only hear about these trips, that don't go off as planned, or they are out of the country, when something work related pops up. I'm pretty sure the reason for spending tax dollars one these trips aren't justified, and it's definitely not something done lightly, by people who would actually care about climate change. They should at least make some minimal attempt to keep up an appearance of actually caring about something. Basically, spend lot of money carelessly, burn all the fossil fuels they want, while raising our taxes, and threatening to take our person travels away.
16-08-2019 16:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/israel-official-netanyahu-weighing-ban-on-omar-tlaib-visit/976187045

Climate change is such an important issue for these democrats, yet, they have no problem hopping on a plane, and flying half way around the world, on a whim. I'm not sure what they needed to fly to Israel for, seems to have little to do with the states the represent. With telephones, internet, hardly any business they could possibly had, in regard to their jobs, and the spending of taxpayer money, hard to understand why they need to go there. The obviously weren't going to fly coach, on the Delta red-eye either. It would have been a private jet, with staff, and security, likely the cost would have been similar to a presidential visit. The democrats really scream loudly about abuse and accountability, but it's doubtful any of these taxpayer funded, vacation/trips will ever be looked into, just a perk of office.

It's not just the blatant abuse of taxpayer money, for personal use, but it's how the democrats are pretty much agreed, that the rest of us must reduce our carbon fuel usage. Even Speaker Nancy, during the shut-down, expected the people to pay for her trip (don't remember where). Trump told her not on our dime, pay for it yourself, or stay and do your job, get a budget passed. She stayed, but still dragged heels on the budget deal. I think Trump probably went a little to far, getting those two banned from Israel, they should get a chance to see it, maybe it could change their beliefs.

I don't know the cost, or how often these capital hill folks take these fun trips. If everyone travels on the same plane, or is staff and security travel on a separate plane. I am pretty sure we only hear about these trips, that don't go off as planned, or they are out of the country, when something work related pops up. I'm pretty sure the reason for spending tax dollars one these trips aren't justified, and it's definitely not something done lightly, by people who would actually care about climate change. They should at least make some minimal attempt to keep up an appearance of actually caring about something. Basically, spend lot of money carelessly, burn all the fossil fuels they want, while raising our taxes, and threatening to take our person travels away.

This is known as partying on your dime.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-08-2019 23:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Your sentiment is echoed!
19-08-2019 01:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:This is known as partying on your dime.

This phrase has been rendered obsolete by inflation.

Would you care to guess the new contemporary phrase?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-08-2019 02:52
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Depends on what a 'dime' is... Have to google that sometime.

Join the debate The Real, 'Green New Deal':

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
What a "REAL" American Brings to the Table305-12-2023 01:14
None Of You Know The Real Intend, Purpose Of Climate Change Issue On The Media704-12-2023 04:02
The government now wants everyone to ALWAYYS use their real name when using the net2018-11-2023 22:35
Green Hydrogen6115-09-2023 22:36
LOL was that a super bimbo demonstrating her only real mental prowess106-09-2023 14:05
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact