Remember me
▼ Content

The Questions that Need to be Answered

Page 1 of 212>
The Questions that Need to be Answered01-07-2020 17:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14395)
Over the course of almost a full year, tgoebbles has identified (generated, actually) the following key questions that really need to be answered:

Here is the list of the outstanding questions really need to be answered:

1) Is Global Warming unambiguously defined? If so then how?
2) Is Climate Change unambiguously defined? If so then how?
3) Is Greenhouse Effect unambiguously defined? If so then how?
4) Why should any rational adult believe in Global Warming?
5) Why should any rational adult believe in Climate Change?
6) Why should any rational adult believe in Greenhouse Effect?
7) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer?
8) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume, e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature measurement, e.g. the Denver airport?
9) What is the unambiguous definition of "black people"?
10) What is the unambiguous definition of "white people"?
11) What is the unambiguous definition of "negro"?
12) What is the unambiguous definition of "race"?
- 12a) Is there an official list of races? How do I determine my own/that of my children?
13) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of racism in the United States?
14) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before rampant violent crime?
15) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that emotion/thought?

tgoebbles, I'm not the only one who appreciates your attention to these questions. Thanks.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-07-2020 20:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
The answer is '42'... Lifted from the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.
01-07-2020 21:31
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
Over the course of almost a full year, tgoebbles has identified (generated, actually) the following key questions that really need to be answered:

Here is the list of the outstanding questions really need to be answered:

1) Is Global Warming unambiguously defined? If so then how?
2) Is Climate Change unambiguously defined? If so then how?
3) Is Greenhouse Effect unambiguously defined? If so then how?
4) Why should any rational adult believe in Global Warming?
5) Why should any rational adult believe in Climate Change?
6) Why should any rational adult believe in Greenhouse Effect?
7) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer?
8) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume, e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature measurement, e.g. the Denver airport?
9) What is the unambiguous definition of "black people"?
10) What is the unambiguous definition of "white people"?
11) What is the unambiguous definition of "negro"?
12) What is the unambiguous definition of "race"?
- 12a) Is there an official list of races? How do I determine my own/that of my children?
13) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of racism in the United States?
14) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before rampant violent crime?
15) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that emotion/thought?

tgoebbles, I'm not the only one who appreciates your attention to these questions. Thanks.

Son, how many times have I told you not to post when you're on acid or LSD?
With #15, it's not the thought but the act that follows. An example is that the Mafia orders a hit on someone is only illegal if they are planning the act itself.
ie., know a good "hit" man and I'm not talking Neil Diamond here.
It's when intent can be shown. ie., ITN placing some bud in a pipe or his favourite bong and then lighting a match. This demonstrates intent. If he did not plan on combusting marijuana leaves while inhaling in, then why create a scenario for said action to occur? Hmm?
01-07-2020 22:18
(14395)
HarveyH55 wrote: The answer is '42'... Lifted from the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.

Correct! ... but dammit, now the question has changed.

(side note: when my son began playing competitive (club) soccer he had to request a jersey number each year that he was getting a new uniform ... and the response to the first three requests was "sorry, that number is taken, could you pick another one?" ... until he started requesting "42." Nobody else had numbers higher than "28." He got "42" every time and that became his permanent number)

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 01-07-2020 22:19
01-07-2020 22:37
(14395)
James___ wrote: Son, how many times have I told you not to post when you're on acid or LSD?

I don't believe you ever have. Are you saying that's a bad thing to do?

James___ wrote: This demonstrates intent.

Correct. This is taken into account during the sentencing phase. It is not a separate new crime of "feeling the emotion of HATE" ... even if you try changing the word from "crime" to "circumstance," i.e. "We're not prosecuting the crime of HATE because hating is completely legal. We are prosecuting the circumstance of HATE which carries a stiff prison sentence of fifteen years."

James___ wrote: If he did not plan on combusting marijuana leaves while inhaling in, then why create a scenario for said action to occur? Hmm?

We all love scenarios, and some people are naturally creative.

01-07-2020 23:35
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Adding to the list of unanswered questions for tgoebbles:

16) What is the unambiguous definition of "white supremacy"?

Edited on 01-07-2020 23:40
01-07-2020 23:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: Son, how many times have I told you not to post when you're on acid or LSD?

I don't believe you ever have. Are you saying that's a bad thing to do?

James___ wrote: This demonstrates intent.

Correct. This is taken into account during the sentencing phase. It is not a separate new crime of "feeling the emotion of HATE" ... even if you try changing the word from "crime" to "circumstance," i.e. "We're not prosecuting the crime of HATE because hating is completely legal. We are prosecuting the circumstance of HATE which carries a stiff prison sentence of fifteen years."

James___ wrote: If he did not plan on combusting marijuana leaves while inhaling in, then why create a scenario for said action to occur? Hmm?

We all love scenarios, and some people are naturally creative.

I don't believe you ever have. Are you saying that's a bad thing to do?[quote]

I never have.

With your 2nd reference, an act is only criminal if intent can be demonstrated.
The question becomes what demonstrates intent. And a lot of that will depend on how good the attorneys are.
Intent isn't something that we can actually know. And in the legal system, how should it be considered and what should people know? Until people are actually taught in school when an action becomes an intent to commit a crime, intent really has no basis in law.
It's kind of like driving with a BAC of 0.08. That is the legal limit but you are still guilty. Such a law should state 0.079 is the legal limit as defined by 1/1000ths.
Then a person would know they are in violation of the law because a specific threshold is stated.
02-07-2020 04:12
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
But isnt 6x7 42
02-07-2020 04:26
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have found something Tmiddles and I can measure.Blood alcohol level
02-07-2020 04:30
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
But isnt 6x7 42

They're referring to Jackie Robinson in baseball. His jersey number was 42 and is retired in baseball. No one can wear it.
In football, the colour barrier was broken it seems that in 1946, 4 Negroes played football. Just facts, no opinion.

Edited on 02-07-2020 04:30
02-07-2020 16:24
(3314)
Funny how tmiddles spams numerous other threads but refuses to touch this one...

** RUN, TMIDDLES!! RUN!!
02-07-2020 16:40
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This is from 1920. Look in the first row on the right side of the picture.

https://images.app.goo.gl/zTtveCv1nWd9sGmM9
Edited on 02-07-2020 16:41
02-07-2020 22:24
(14395)
gfm7175 wrote:
Funny how tmiddles spams numerous other threads but refuses to touch this one...

** RUN, TMIDDLES!! RUN!!

You beat me to it. Very astute observation.

03-07-2020 00:42
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

** RUN, TMIDDLES!! RUN!!

You beat me to it. Very astute observation.

Thanks! You can still contribute by doing what you do best... There's still time to add in a picture of Forrest Gump or something...
03-07-2020 03:20
(14395)
gfm7175 wrote:Thanks! You can still contribute by doing what you do best... There's still time to add in a picture of Forrest Gump or something...

Well, now that you mention it ...I might as well add another question that I wish tgoebbles would answer.

I know you've been saying for a long time that the side of the moon facing the sun is really, really, really hot ... because it has no atmosphere to keep it cool like earth has. I hope you don't mind but I brought James__ along to be sort of a witness. It turns out that you are completely correct. This daytime moon is hot enough to turn water into instant steam. No place at the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever gets anywhere near this hot.

Why do you suppose tgoebbles claims that an atmosphere only makes things hotter? I'd ask him directly but I think he's too afraid to come to this thread.

Attached image:

03-07-2020 03:28
(14395)
By the way ... credit where it is due ... a Gary "Wiz" Burns carved a wooden "man-in-the-moon" and I felt motivated to use it in a pic.

It's good work. Apparently this item is sold out at TreeWizWoodCarvings.

03-07-2020 04:05
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:Thanks! You can still contribute by doing what you do best... There's still time to add in a picture of Forrest Gump or something...

Well, now that you mention it ...I might as well add another question that I wish tgoebbles would answer.

I know you've been saying for a long time that the side of the moon facing the sun is really, really, really hot ... because it has no atmosphere to keep it cool like earth has. I hope you don't mind but I brought James__ along to be sort of a witness. It turns out that you are completely correct. This daytime moon is hot enough to turn water into instant steam. No place at the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever gets anywhere near this hot.

Why do you suppose tgoebbles claims that an atmosphere only makes things hotter? I'd ask him directly but I think he's too afraid to come to this thread.

Sure thing. I'll provide my supposition, and then tgoebbles can correct me if I am mistaken about his position...

What you need to understand IBD, ITN, and gfm7175 is this: (ignores the factoid about the daytime side of the moon)

Greenhouse Effect, due to Greenhouse Gases, acts as a magick blanket, but it only acts as one in a single direction (ie, heat flows from the Sun to Earth without any issues, but heat has issues flowing back out of Earth and into space). This one-way-only heat trapping falls under Settled Science... you know, The Data says so... just look at the anomalies...

ITN/IBD fraud exposed... gfm7175 thinks he can't know the temperature of his own house hahaha... 23 days without a response... you haven't answered my question... gobble gobble gobble.

How did I do?
Edited on 03-07-2020 04:11
03-07-2020 04:36
(14395)
gfm7175 wrote:What you need to understand IBD, ITN, and gfm7175 is this: (ignores the factoid about the daytime side of the moon)

Check. Part I answered correctly.

gfm7175 wrote: Greenhouse Effect, due to Greenhouse Gases, acts as a magick blanket, but it only acts as one in a single direction (ie, heat flows from the Sun to Earth without any issues, but heat has issues flowing back out of Earth and into space). This one-way-only heat trapping falls under Settled Science... you know, The Data says so... just look at the anomalies...

Part II, it looks like I'll have to ding you for omitting exact knowledge of the temperature of the entirety of Venus, Venera probes, the temperature is what "we know," a number is a range, we can know the temperature of any volume (especially Denver) but we can't know any measurement whatsoever because of inherent uncertainty, etc...

You then forgot to conclude with a "summary" in which you completely change your position to a fundamental law of science that you make sound like is your theory, e.g. "All I have been saying is that if you have a force in one direction then you're going to have the same force going the other way. You were the one inserting "thermal energy" into everything, not me."

gfm7175 wrote: ITN/IBD fraud exposed... gfm7175 thinks he can't know the temperature of his own house hahaha... 23 days without a response... you haven't answered my question... gobble gobble gobble.

Part III, Very good. You only missed "Debunked in my signature."

gfm7175 wrote: How did I do?

You passed. Well done.

03-07-2020 06:42
(3314)
Damn, I can't believe I left out his omniscience.... oh well, got most of his other mantras down though... We also forgot to include a bogus position assignment of some sort...
03-07-2020 21:30
(14395)
gfm7175 wrote:
Damn, I can't believe I left out his omniscience.... oh well, got most of his other mantras down though... We also forgot to include a bogus position assignment of some sort...

gfm, I was wondering if I could talk you into compiling the complete, unabridged tmiddles generic response. You seem to be more advanced on this subject than most. I think this thread would be a good home for it ... and maybe put a copy onto Politiplex for reference.

We could save so much time by entering a topic with a "All of the following is preemptively dismissed ..."

... and I like to capture it in a pic with his press pass.

Yes, a very worthy project indeed.

03-07-2020 21:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21592)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

gfm, I was wondering if I could talk you into compiling the complete, unabridged tmiddles generic response. You seem to be more advanced on this subject than most. I think this thread would be a good home for it ... and maybe put a copy onto Politiplex for reference.

We could save so much time by entering a topic with a "All of the following is preemptively dismissed ..."

Agreed.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-07-2020 02:42
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Agreed... I think that would be a fun project. I'll get to work on it right away! We already have a good starting point in this thread alone.
Edited on 04-07-2020 02:43
04-07-2020 04:17
(3314)
Okay, so here is a very quick rough draft to get things started... Feel free to edit/revise/publish elsewhere.

Complete Unabridged tmiddles Generic Response:

What you need to understand IBD/ITN/GFM is this:
(ignores all valid argumentation presented to him)

...Global Warming... Climate Change... Greenhouse Gases... Greenhouse Effect... Settled Science... The Data... anomalies... Global temperature increase... increased global CO2 content... global sea level rise... we know from tree rings/ice cores... ozone layer depletion... scientific consensus... peer reviewed... all the experts say...

Black people... white people... negro... race... white supremacy... equality... reality... fact... system... two different systems are the same system... Dr. Roy Spencer... heat is slowed/trapped... net flow... cooler to warmer... all forms of energy are interchangeable... energy from nothing... simultaneous reduction of radiance and increase of temperature...

I know the exact temperature of the entirety of Venus... Venera probes... temperature is a range... accuracy/precision/tolerance/margin of error all mean the same thing... "...confidence level..." ... we can know the temperature of any volume, but we can't know any measurement whatsoever because of inherent uncertainty...

A spaghetti strainer with the faucet running retains water... the "valid data" myth of ITN/IBD... "Misuse of [insert law of science here] by IBD/ITN" [link]... "no data is valid for IBD/ITN"... "...what we know..." ... "so you are saying that [insert bogus position assignment here]"...

"I provided a link"... "If I said [insert claim here], then quote/link where I said that"... "I don't change quotes"... "and no, that's not RQAA"... "GFM doesn't know the temperature of his own house"... "IBD doesn't know the temperature of Denver, and ITN agrees with him"... "You haven't answered my question"...

All I have "been saying" is that [insert law of science here] is what I was saying all along... "YOU were the one who..." ... IBD/ITN fraud exposed... debunked in my signature... "___ days without a response"... gobble gobble gobble...
Edited on 04-07-2020 04:23
04-07-2020 23:56
(14395)
gfm7175 wrote:
Okay, so here is a very quick rough draft to get things started... Feel free to edit/revise/publish elsewhere.

Complete Unabridged tmiddles Generic Response:

What you need to understand IBD/ITN/GFM is this:
(ignores all valid argumentation presented to him)

...Global Warming... Climate Change... Greenhouse Gases... Greenhouse Effect... Settled Science... The Data... anomalies... Global temperature increase... increased global CO2 content... global sea level rise... we know from tree rings/ice cores... ozone layer depletion... scientific consensus... peer reviewed... all the experts say...

Black people... white people... negro... race... white supremacy... equality... reality... fact... system... two different systems are the same system... Dr. Roy Spencer... heat is slowed/trapped... net flow... cooler to warmer... all forms of energy are interchangeable... energy from nothing... simultaneous reduction of radiance and increase of temperature...

I know the exact temperature of the entirety of Venus... Venera probes... temperature is a range... accuracy/precision/tolerance/margin of error all mean the same thing... "...confidence level..." ... we can know the temperature of any volume, but we can't know any measurement whatsoever because of inherent uncertainty...

A spaghetti strainer with the faucet running retains water... the "valid data" myth of ITN/IBD... "Misuse of [insert law of science here] by IBD/ITN" [link]... "no data is valid for IBD/ITN"... "...what we know..." ... "so you are saying that [insert bogus position assignment here]"...

"I provided a link"... "If I said [insert claim here], then quote/link where I said that"... "I don't change quotes"... "and no, that's not RQAA"... "GFM doesn't know the temperature of his own house"... "IBD doesn't know the temperature of Denver, and ITN agrees with him"... "You haven't answered my question"...

All I have "been saying" is that [insert law of science here] is what I was saying all along... "YOU were the one who..." ... IBD/ITN fraud exposed... debunked in my signature... "___ days without a response"... gobble gobble gobble...

Thank you very much. I am working on the final ordinance. I'll let you know when the council passes the edict.

05-07-2020 04:41
(14395)
The Council has passed the ordinance and is now in effect:

Official tmiddles Preemption Ordinance.
Attached image:

05-07-2020 09:57
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
You guys are mean
05-07-2020 20:43
(21592)
duncan61 wrote:
You guys are mean

Nah. We're nice guys, actually. We are just tired of the repetitive arguments and repetitive questions by tmiddles.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-07-2020 00:53
(14395)
Since this thread is concerned with questions that need to be answered, I'd like to add a few more:

1. If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to destroy the Mona Lisa per tmiddles rationale?

2. Why should we destroy/erase history that we don't want to ever forget or ever repeat?

3. Who appointed tmiddles the prosecutor, judge and jury of what history is to be revised or destroyed?

4. In what substantive/meaningful way do Black Lives Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, Communist Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ?
06-07-2020 01:53
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Its getting boring now its all gone political on the bulk of the threads .Try not responding.If I was a moderator I would be deleting any threads with covid blm and tmiddles.My gun forum has just had a big cleanup and a few people got permanant holidays for doing half of what tmiddles is doing to this site.I think its called trolling.
06-07-2020 02:36
(14395)
duncan61 wrote:
Its getting boring now its all gone political on the bulk of the threads .Try not responding.If I was a moderator I would be deleting any threads with covid blm and tmiddles.My gun forum has just had a big cleanup and a few people got permanant holidays for doing half of what tmiddles is doing to this site.I think its called trolling.

duncan, I understand your frustration, but what you are witnessing is the only possible result on a site that is intended for, and dedicated to, discussion of a specific Marxist hot-button.

What would you expect if this site were titled "Proletariat Revolution-Debate.com"?

06-07-2020 16:42
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
The Council has passed the ordinance and is now in effect:

Official tmiddles Preemption Ordinance.

HAHAHA this is great. Thanks for coming up with the legal language.
06-07-2020 16:48
(3314)
5 days and still no response from tmiddles...

If I have counted correctly, I believe that he's now up to 21 questions that need answering...
Edited on 06-07-2020 16:49
06-07-2020 17:54
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I would not be posting on it.Come on team I need more CC/AGW stuff I need answers when the questions are asked or I will have to shrug and state I will get back to you on that
06-07-2020 20:36
(21592)
duncan61 wrote:
I would not be posting on it.Come on team I need more CC/AGW stuff I need answers when the questions are asked or I will have to shrug and state I will get back to you on that

Ask away.

The Parrot Killer

06-07-2020 21:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:

What if basically everyone has it wrong? Would an answer outside of the debate be accepted?
That might be the actual problem. It's possible that no one has thought about a planet being able to conserve energy. And then under the right conditions it can release the energy that it conserved.

p.s., while this involves Net Thermal Radiation, it would not apply to other planets like Venus. The Earth has a unique feature that other planets do not have. IMHO, I would say this why climate change is being debated.

Edited on 06-07-2020 21:36
06-07-2020 23:07
(14395)
gfm7175 wrote:
5 days and still no response from tmiddles...

If I have counted correctly, I believe that he's now up to 21 questions that need answering...

I might have to create a "tmiddles questions" page on Politiplex, and just block copy them whenever he asks a question. If I do, I'll probably combine various related questions for manageability, dropping the number to around fifteen or so.

... OK, you convinced me. I'll make it right now.

Done! The Official List of Questions for tmiddles that Remain Unanswered has been created and can be found here:

https://politiplex.freeforums.net/post/157

@ tmiddles, please answer the following questions so that we can proceed with discussions, even if your answer is "I admit that I have no answer." I will keep your answers recorded as you give them so people can see that you have answered and so that you only have to answer once:

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics?
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming, Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect?
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer?
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume, e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature measurement, e.g. the Denver airport?
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black supremacist" and "racist"?
6) Is there an official list of races?
- 6a) How do I determine my own race or that of my children?
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of racism in the United States?
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before rampant violent crime?
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that emotion/thought?
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface?
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to destroy the Mona Lisa?
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history that we never want to forget or repeat?
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed?
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is to be revised or destroyed?
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ?

This way we can press ahead with all the topics in which we have engaged. It'll be a win-win, guaranteed.

07-07-2020 00:20
(3314)
Looks good IBD... Now awaiting piddleboy's response so that we can actually attempt to hold a meaningful conversation with him...
07-07-2020 02:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

What if basically everyone has it wrong? Would an answer outside of the debate be accepted?
That might be the actual problem. It's possible that no one has thought about a planet being able to conserve energy. And then under the right conditions it can release the energy that it conserved.

p.s., while this involves Net Thermal Radiation, it would not apply to other planets like Venus. The Earth has a unique feature that other planets do not have. IMHO, I would say this why climate change is being debated.

Water is one of those features, lots of surface water. Water needs a transfer of energy to change states. The huge volume of water on this planet, deals with a whole lot of energy.
07-07-2020 02:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Water is one of those features, lots of surface water. Water needs a transfer of energy to change states. The huge volume of water on this planet, deals with a whole lot of energy.

Myself, I've worked with water at 1,200 psi and at about 1,000º F. And I've worked with it at 14.7 psia and at 28 Hg of vacuum. At about 28 Hg, a difference of about 2º F. is the difference between steam and condensate.
Yet we have water vapor at much lower temperatures and call it fog. You see, because I lived around the Puget Sound for many years and served in the Navy, I know the answer. With that said, scientists can't explain it. And science is about reconciling different behaviors. It shows where there is a common denominator.

I could say this is where my serving my country was a valuable lesson.

Edited on 07-07-2020 03:03
07-07-2020 04:32
(14395)
gfm7175 wrote: Looks good IBD... Now awaiting piddleboy's response so that we can actually attempt to hold a meaningful conversation with him...

He's ducking out. He can't discuss any topic in which he must answer questions about his empty buzzwords which form the entirety of his arguments. He probably needs to get approval from his slavemasters before he's allowed to make any sort of official response that obligates and/or binds them to any position.

So he's out.

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate The Questions that Need to be Answered:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
questions11813-01-2022 10:47
Questions about computers1304-01-2022 19:33
Questions for IBDM: 1) about Karl Marx411-03-2020 19:16
Questions for IBDM: 2) about Kafka611-03-2020 18:40
Questions for IBDM: 3) about Verdi's La Traviata311-03-2020 18:02
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact