Remember me
▼ Content

The IPCC overestimates climate sensitivity

The IPCC overestimates climate sensitivity13-09-2018 13:24
One Punch ManProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(139)
A graph I made showing how the IPCC overestimates Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity (ECS) and Transient Climate Sensitivity (TCS).

Nathan-D
13-09-2018 20:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
One Punch Man wrote:
A graph I made showing how the IPCC overestimates Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity (ECS) and Transient Climate Sensitivity (TCS).

Buzzwords. What does 'climate sensitivity' mean?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-09-2018 18:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
One Punch Man wrote:

Nice graph, are there any studies/papers what so ever which have the numbers the IPCC uses or more?

I am aware that the numbers they use for ice mass balance on Greenland etc are bull so....
14-09-2018 20:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tim the plumber wrote:
One Punch Man wrote:

Nice graph, are there any studies/papers what so ever which have the numbers the IPCC uses or more?

I am aware that the numbers they use for ice mass balance on Greenland etc are bull so....

...I still think it's funny when the IPCC came out with 2 papers in 2013. One said there was a 15 year global warming hiatus and the other said that for the previous 15 years ozone depletion had about stopped. Then they went and said they had been collecting temperature readings wrong. And everyone said "okay".
15-09-2018 06:15
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
One Punch Man wrote:

How did you choose your data to graph?

Some of your data was used in the IPCC5 report such as Lindzen and Choi 2011 and Lewis 2013 as you can see if you view box 12.2 figure 1 on page 1110 here http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/wg1/WG1AR5_Chapter12_FINAL.pdf, data that has lower values than the middle of the range that IPCC has chosen (range 1.5 to 4.5 degrees), 3 degrees.

You left out a lot of the data on that figure though, data that is above 3 degrees.

How did you choose?
15-09-2018 19:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
still learning wrote:
One Punch Man wrote:

How did you choose your data to graph?

Some of your data was used in the IPCC5 report such as Lindzen and Choi 2011 and Lewis 2013 as you can see if you view box 12.2 figure 1 on page 1110 here http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/wg1/WG1AR5_Chapter12_FINAL.pdf, data that has lower values than the middle of the range that IPCC has chosen (range 1.5 to 4.5 degrees), 3 degrees.

You left out a lot of the data on that figure though, data that is above 3 degrees.

How did you choose?

There is no such thing as 'climate sensitivity'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate The IPCC overestimates climate sensitivity:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
IPCC AR 61522-08-2021 19:26
uniting nations - IPCC TABLES1314-03-2020 07:20
Made a graph of low equilibrium climate sensitivity estimates to show that the IPCC's best estimate o203-03-2020 02:17
Burning Trees (carbon neutral) and the IPCC314-01-2020 21:44
Early IPCC Reports908-07-2019 07:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact