Remember me
▼ Content

The Inflation Reduction Act


The Inflation Reduction Act09-08-2022 05:46
Spongy Iris
★★★★☆
(1169)
Why aren't the commenters in this forum starting any posts about this Bill?

Some headlines...

More than $300 billion would be invested in energy and climate reform.

$60 billion for growing renewable energy infrastructure in manufacturing like solar panels and wind turbines.

The legislation creates a 15% minimum tax for corporations making $1 billion or more in income.

1% excise tax on stock buybacks.

Story with link to the 755 page Bill below.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/07/1116190180/democrats-are-set-to-pass-a-major-climate-health-and-tax-bill-heres-whats-in-it

The Bill passed the Senate today and is headed to the House by mid week.

You can all start talking shit now.


09-08-2022 06:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
Spongy Iris wrote:You can all start talking shit now.

Well, thank you. That was very thoughtful of you. It's nice to have your permission on this. Otherwise we'd have to "go it alone."

Thanks again.
09-08-2022 06:12
James_
★★★★☆
(1099)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Why aren't the commenters in this forum starting any posts about this Bill?

Some headlines...

More than $300 billion would be invested in energy and climate reform.

$60 billion for growing renewable energy infrastructure in manufacturing like solar panels and wind turbines.

The legislation creates a 15% minimum tax for corporations making $1 billion or more in income.

1% excise tax on stock buybacks.

Story with link to the 755 page Bill below.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/07/1116190180/democrats-are-set-to-pass-a-major-climate-health-and-tax-bill-heres-whats-in-it

The Bill passed the Senate today and is headed to the House by mid week.

You can all start talking shit now.



This is only temporary. When Republicans are back in power things will change. Why a 2 party system does not allow for any economic continuity. Sen. McConnell and the Republican party will probably say the world is dependent on China being an economic leader.
Still, if I can get out of the U.S. so I can have a life, I think I can build a better wind turbine but the church doesn't want me to have a life because then I won't be promoting how good Christians are. It's almost like the church has become something other than a church. I know, the church has become a special interest group.
And if my Bessler Wheel (wheel is capitalized because Bessler Wheel is a name which makes it a proper noun) build works then that might out compete solar panels and wind turbines because gravity is a constant force. So I might be able to do better than the U.S. government while not deserving a life in the U.S.
And why people will not work with me on projects that I am pursuing which includes science is because that would be socialism and socialism is bad while capitalism is good because people are exploited. That reduces the work an individual has to do to earn profit.
09-08-2022 08:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4323)
James_ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Why aren't the commenters in this forum starting any posts about this Bill?

Some headlines...

More than $300 billion would be invested in energy and climate reform.

$60 billion for growing renewable energy infrastructure in manufacturing like solar panels and wind turbines.

The legislation creates a 15% minimum tax for corporations making $1 billion or more in income.

1% excise tax on stock buybacks.

Story with link to the 755 page Bill below.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/07/1116190180/democrats-are-set-to-pass-a-major-climate-health-and-tax-bill-heres-whats-in-it

The Bill passed the Senate today and is headed to the House by mid week.

You can all start talking shit now.



This is only temporary. When Republicans are back in power things will change. Why a 2 party system does not allow for any economic continuity. Sen. McConnell and the Republican party will probably say the world is dependent on China being an economic leader.
Still, if I can get out of the U.S. so I can have a life, I think I can build a better wind turbine but the church doesn't want me to have a life because then I won't be promoting how good Christians are. It's almost like the church has become something other than a church. I know, the church has become a special interest group.
And if my Bessler Wheel (wheel is capitalized because Bessler Wheel is a name which makes it a proper noun) build works then that might out compete solar panels and wind turbines because gravity is a constant force. So I might be able to do better than the U.S. government while not deserving a life in the U.S.
And why people will not work with me on projects that I am pursuing which includes science is because that would be socialism and socialism is bad while capitalism is good because people are exploited. That reduces the work an individual has to do to earn profit.


Load of crap, empty your sack... Republicans don't back China, though some like to exploit the cheap labor, lack of regulations... We want smaller government, less outsourcing, fewer reagulations and restrictions.

Doesn't matter where you take the Wheel, you will always still have the same 'life' you made for yourself. The location can change as often as you want, but you will still be living the same 'life', as you always have.

Suppose you do get the Wheel spinning, as you hope and dream. Do you really think you can compete? Big Oil, doesn't need a new player in their game. Solar and Wind, is meant to fail. Do you really think the governments paying for that planned failure, want somebody like you to screw that up. Most likely, you'll get killed, before a proof-of-concept prototype can be built. A man named Stan Meyers built a car that ran entirely on water. Died shortly after demonstrating... Too many google links to dig through right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Water-Fuel-Cell-Stanley-Meyer/dp/1329502418
09-08-2022 19:22
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Why aren't the commenters in this forum starting any posts about this Bill?

Because I have been on hiatus from this forum for quite some time now. I thought I'd come back and see what's up and if there was anything interesting to comment on. This is one such post, so thank you.

Spongy Iris wrote:
Some headlines...

More than $300 billion would be invested in energy and climate reform.

$60 billion for growing renewable energy infrastructure in manufacturing like solar panels and wind turbines.

The legislation creates a 15% minimum tax for corporations making $1 billion or more in income.

1% excise tax on stock buybacks.

Story with link to the 755 page Bill below.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/07/1116190180/democrats-are-set-to-pass-a-major-climate-health-and-tax-bill-heres-whats-in-it

The Bill passed the Senate today and is headed to the House by mid week.

You can all start talking shit now.

Notice how all of the headlines suddenly shifted away from "reducing inflation" and now all mention BS about climate?

This bill doesn't reduce inflation (it will actually increase it). This is just additional 6uild 6ack 6etter Green New Deal cumsplatter along with what the Obama Regime have already been implementing via executive fiat. It enrichens the elite class while bending the working class over furniture.
09-08-2022 19:53
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
James_ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Why aren't the commenters in this forum starting any posts about this Bill?

...

You can all start talking shit now.

This is only temporary.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ... I suggest that you take a long hard deep look into the goals of the World Economic Forum and Agenda 2030, for starters. Several governments of several countries are already launching an assault against their own farmers in order to accomplish these stupid goals, and it will only get worse from there... food shortages will get worse and more widespread... energy blackouts will get worse and more widespread... there will eventually be regular "climate lockdowns" in the likeness of the covid lockdowns. There is already talk about doing them every couple of years. Guess when they would be done?? My guess is during the years of the general and midterm selection cycles (2024, 2026, 2028, ...)

James_ wrote:
When Republicans are back in power things will change.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...... No, things will NOT change if the same old tired plain jane career politician Uniparty "Republicans" get back in power again... No, it needs to be MAGA "America First" Republicans in charge in order for change to occur.

It is currently primary day for us here in Wisconsin. Us patriots are doing our very best to get America First politicians into positions of power at the local and State level. Donald Trump has made several endorsements here (Tim Michels for Governor, Ron Johnson for Senate, Adam Steen for Assembly 63 (to replace our RINO assembly leader Robin Vos), and Derrick Van Orden for the WI-3 House seat. ---

I still would've preferred a Ramthun endorsement for governor instead, as Michels is largely an unknown while Ramthun has a proven America First voting record, but I was uneasy about Trump at first as well and Trump turned out to be very good, so maybe Michels would as well. Michels is also a businessman, like Trump, and employs like 8,000 people here... I guess he was also on Trump's border wall team and assisted with that ---

I ended up voting for Michels in order to support the Trump endorsement because I do not want Kleefisch (who is endorsed by several RINOs and Decepticons) to win this primary. Unfortunately, I fear that the MAGA vote will get split (albeit quite unevenly) between Michels and Ramthun and then Kleefisch will end up winning. We'll see though. I pray that the people within Assembly District 63 are wise enough and eager enough to "Toss Vos". There's definitely a movement for that, and it seems to have rather solid support.

James_ wrote:
Why a 2 party system does not allow for any economic continuity. Sen. McConnell and the Republican party will probably say the world is dependent on China being an economic leader.
Still, if I can get out of the U.S. so I can have a life, I think I can build a better wind turbine but the church doesn't want me to have a life because then I won't be promoting how good Christians are. It's almost like the church has become something other than a church. I know, the church has become a special interest group.
And if my Bessler Wheel (wheel is capitalized because Bessler Wheel is a name which makes it a proper noun) build works then that might out compete solar panels and wind turbines because gravity is a constant force. So I might be able to do better than the U.S. government while not deserving a life in the U.S.
And why people will not work with me on projects that I am pursuing which includes science is because that would be socialism and socialism is bad while capitalism is good because people are exploited. That reduces the work an individual has to do to earn profit.

Jamesbabble.
Edited on 09-08-2022 19:55
09-08-2022 21:40
James_
★★★★☆
(1099)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Why aren't the commenters in this forum starting any posts about this Bill?

Some headlines...

More than $300 billion would be invested in energy and climate reform.

$60 billion for growing renewable energy infrastructure in manufacturing like solar panels and wind turbines.

The legislation creates a 15% minimum tax for corporations making $1 billion or more in income.

1% excise tax on stock buybacks.

Story with link to the 755 page Bill below.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/07/1116190180/democrats-are-set-to-pass-a-major-climate-health-and-tax-bill-heres-whats-in-it

The Bill passed the Senate today and is headed to the House by mid week.

You can all start talking shit now.



This is only temporary. When Republicans are back in power things will change. Why a 2 party system does not allow for any economic continuity. Sen. McConnell and the Republican party will probably say the world is dependent on China being an economic leader.
Still, if I can get out of the U.S. so I can have a life, I think I can build a better wind turbine but the church doesn't want me to have a life because then I won't be promoting how good Christians are. It's almost like the church has become something other than a church. I know, the church has become a special interest group.
And if my Bessler Wheel (wheel is capitalized because Bessler Wheel is a name which makes it a proper noun) build works then that might out compete solar panels and wind turbines because gravity is a constant force. So I might be able to do better than the U.S. government while not deserving a life in the U.S.
And why people will not work with me on projects that I am pursuing which includes science is because that would be socialism and socialism is bad while capitalism is good because people are exploited. That reduces the work an individual has to do to earn profit.


Load of crap, empty your sack... Republicans don't back China, though some like to exploit the cheap labor, lack of regulations... We want smaller government, less outsourcing, fewer reagulations and restrictions.

Doesn't matter where you take the Wheel, you will always still have the same 'life' you made for yourself. The location can change as often as you want, but you will still be living the same 'life', as you always have.

Suppose you do get the Wheel spinning, as you hope and dream. Do you really think you can compete? Big Oil, doesn't need a new player in their game. Solar and Wind, is meant to fail. Do you really think the governments paying for that planned failure, want somebody like you to screw that up. Most likely, you'll get killed, before a proof-of-concept prototype can be built. A man named Stan Meyers built a car that ran entirely on water. Died shortly after demonstrating... Too many google links to dig through right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Water-Fuel-Cell-Stanley-Meyer/dp/1329502418



I don't think you've ever been to or have lived in another country and it shows.
When you say big oil, etc. you're not really aware how much energy it takes to supply the electrical grid. I have tried discussing it before.
123.6 million households in the U.S.
Average consumption per month is about 893 kWh.
This is why the dependence on hydroelectric, coal, natural gas and nuclear energy. Droughts in the West will require hydroelectric energy to be replaced.
For the most part energy's value is based on cost per kWh.
As for where I live, I think in a smaller country the people will be less competitive.
In China they work 996 because if they don't then someone else will.
996 means from 9am to 9pm 6 days a week. And in the US as you say Harvey and many an American agrees with you, the US is a capitalist country. As JG Wentworth says, It's your money. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjyrt6S2V2Q
And we all know that getting along with other people is socialism which Americans really don't tolerate.
10-08-2022 03:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4323)
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Why aren't the commenters in this forum starting any posts about this Bill?

Some headlines...

More than $300 billion would be invested in energy and climate reform.

$60 billion for growing renewable energy infrastructure in manufacturing like solar panels and wind turbines.

The legislation creates a 15% minimum tax for corporations making $1 billion or more in income.

1% excise tax on stock buybacks.

Story with link to the 755 page Bill below.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/07/1116190180/democrats-are-set-to-pass-a-major-climate-health-and-tax-bill-heres-whats-in-it

The Bill passed the Senate today and is headed to the House by mid week.

You can all start talking shit now.



This is only temporary. When Republicans are back in power things will change. Why a 2 party system does not allow for any economic continuity. Sen. McConnell and the Republican party will probably say the world is dependent on China being an economic leader.
Still, if I can get out of the U.S. so I can have a life, I think I can build a better wind turbine but the church doesn't want me to have a life because then I won't be promoting how good Christians are. It's almost like the church has become something other than a church. I know, the church has become a special interest group.
And if my Bessler Wheel (wheel is capitalized because Bessler Wheel is a name which makes it a proper noun) build works then that might out compete solar panels and wind turbines because gravity is a constant force. So I might be able to do better than the U.S. government while not deserving a life in the U.S.
And why people will not work with me on projects that I am pursuing which includes science is because that would be socialism and socialism is bad while capitalism is good because people are exploited. That reduces the work an individual has to do to earn profit.


Load of crap, empty your sack... Republicans don't back China, though some like to exploit the cheap labor, lack of regulations... We want smaller government, less outsourcing, fewer reagulations and restrictions.

Doesn't matter where you take the Wheel, you will always still have the same 'life' you made for yourself. The location can change as often as you want, but you will still be living the same 'life', as you always have.

Suppose you do get the Wheel spinning, as you hope and dream. Do you really think you can compete? Big Oil, doesn't need a new player in their game. Solar and Wind, is meant to fail. Do you really think the governments paying for that planned failure, want somebody like you to screw that up. Most likely, you'll get killed, before a proof-of-concept prototype can be built. A man named Stan Meyers built a car that ran entirely on water. Died shortly after demonstrating... Too many google links to dig through right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Water-Fuel-Cell-Stanley-Meyer/dp/1329502418



I don't think you've ever been to or have lived in another country and it shows.
When you say big oil, etc. you're not really aware how much energy it takes to supply the electrical grid. I have tried discussing it before.
123.6 million households in the U.S.
Average consumption per month is about 893 kWh.
This is why the dependence on hydroelectric, coal, natural gas and nuclear energy. Droughts in the West will require hydroelectric energy to be replaced.
For the most part energy's value is based on cost per kWh.
As for where I live, I think in a smaller country the people will be less competitive.
In China they work 996 because if they don't then someone else will.
996 means from 9am to 9pm 6 days a week. And in the US as you say Harvey and many an American agrees with you, the US is a capitalist country. As JG Wentworth says, It's your money. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjyrt6S2V2Q
And we all know that getting along with other people is socialism which Americans really don't tolerate.


How many kWh do you expect to get out of your $20k Bessler Wheel. Will it power your entire home? Wil homeowners each have their own? The cities build gigantic size? Or will there be acres of Bessler Wheel farms?
13-08-2022 02:39
Spongy Iris
★★★★☆
(1169)
As expected, the bill passed today, and is headed to Biden's desk for signature.


13-08-2022 03:45
James_
★★★★☆
(1099)
HarveyH55 wrote:


How many kWh do you expect to get out of your $20k Bessler Wheel. Will it power your entire home? Wil homeowners each have their own? The cities build gigantic size? Or will there be acres of Bessler Wheel farms?



Getting rid of my crap sack would be nice. It will probably offer me a nice working retirement as well. And between humanitarian assistance and for people who live off grid, they might like it.
With cities, if you consider the thermoses they're building in Germany to prepare for winter heating, they'll probably consider it. Geothermal heating or gravity because of geophysics?
14-08-2022 23:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2139)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Why aren't the commenters in this forum starting any posts about this Bill?

Some headlines...

More than $300 billion would be invested in energy and climate reform.

$60 billion for growing renewable energy infrastructure in manufacturing like solar panels and wind turbines.

The legislation creates a 15% minimum tax for corporations making $1 billion or more in income.

1% excise tax on stock buybacks.

Story with link to the 755 page Bill below.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/07/1116190180/democrats-are-set-to-pass-a-major-climate-health-and-tax-bill-heres-whats-in-it

The Bill passed the Senate today and is headed to the House by mid week.

You can all start talking shit now.


All of that will increase inflation. The only solution to reducing inflation is to elect Trump again.


This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL




Join the debate The Inflation Reduction Act:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Nitrate Reduction - Powerful Greenhouse Gas Emission AND Alkalinity8812-05-2022 03:11
inflation511-02-2022 21:27
Impactful individual-level solutions towards carbon footprint reduction3119-10-2021 22:25
Climate change is a security threat. We must act now027-03-2019 15:52
Our Future: The kids are right – we must act on climate change5415-03-2019 21:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact