Remember me
▼ Content

The Gulf Stream (for Don from Mexico )

The Gulf Stream (for Don from Mexico )04-09-2017 21:05
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
What might be overlooked with warming in the Gulf of Mexico and in Mexico is the Gulf Stream`s influence. It is possible that as the Gulf Stream slows that the Gulf of Mexico will warm.
This might be a basic cause and effect situation. As the Greenland Sea abyss warms it might be creating a flow that impedes the Gulf Stream. And as a result the Gulf Stream would transport less heat to the north of Russia.
Can check to see if the temperature in the Gulf has been tracked.
05-09-2017 00:22
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James_ wrote:
What might be overlooked with warming in the Gulf of Mexico and in Mexico is the Gulf Stream`s influence. It is possible that as the Gulf Stream slows that the Gulf of Mexico will warm.
This might be a basic cause and effect situation. As the Greenland Sea abyss warms it might be creating a flow that impedes the Gulf Stream. And as a result the Gulf Stream would transport less heat to the north of Russia.
Can check to see if the temperature in the Gulf has been tracked.

And forest fires in LA will melt the polar ice caps.
05-09-2017 00:40
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]James_ wrote:...the Gulf Stream would transport less heat to the north of Russia.

That might slow the Arctic perma-frost thawing,& slowing the methane increase in the atmosphere.
05-09-2017 01:31
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
litesong wrote:
[b]James_ wrote:...the Gulf Stream would transport less heat to the north of Russia.

That might slow the Arctic perma-frost thawing,& slowing the methane increase in the atmosphere.

That would be one possibility. It's interesting in a way how the currents around Iceland can have such a significant impact.
05-09-2017 06:59
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]James_ wrote: It's interesting... the currents around Iceland can have such a significant impact.

It interesting that the warm waters of the Caribbean get free fat transport to Iceland. Might the free transport get thinner in the future?
I used to pack up my rubber canoe & get on the bus for $1. The bus took the highway 20miles upriver, where I'd plunk my canoe in the water & float 30 miles downriver. Then, I'd take the canoe to the bus stop & use my bus transfer to get me home. Fun for nearly free. Now, its 3 times more expensive to get on the bus.... & no transfers!!!
Western europe has been getting free heat AND free heat transport for longer than europe has been raping other countries. Might europe's free warmth come to an end?
Edited on 05-09-2017 07:01
05-09-2017 14:46
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
litesong wrote:
[b]James_ wrote: It's interesting... the currents around Iceland can have such a significant impact.

It interesting that the warm waters of the Caribbean get free fat transport to Iceland. Might the free transport get thinner in the future?
I used to pack up my rubber canoe & get on the bus for $1. The bus took the highway 20miles upriver, where I'd plunk my canoe in the water & float 30 miles downriver. Then, I'd take the canoe to the bus stop & use my bus transfer to get me home. Fun for nearly free. Now, its 3 times more expensive to get on the bus.... & no transfers!!!
Western europe has been getting free heat AND free heat transport for longer than europe has been raping other countries. Might europe's free warmth come to an end?

If the Vikings didn't teach trade and government to Europeans they might never have learned anything. I`m not sure about the Spanish though. And if not Europeans then maybe the Chinese or Japanese ?
As for the heating of Europe that has been discussed. The polar vortex could shift. I am glad that you mentioned this.
05-09-2017 18:13
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James_ wrote:
If the Vikings didn't teach trade and government to Europeans they might never have learned anything. I`m not sure about the Spanish though. And if not Europeans then maybe the Chinese or Japanese ?
As for the heating of Europe that has been discussed. The polar vortex could shift. I am glad that you mentioned this.

There you go inventing your own universe and history again. Trade was common everywhere LONG before the Vikings. Trade not only between the middle eastern empires but from as far away as China are shown in the oldest ruins in all of the old civilizations.

There was NOTHING special about the Vikings beyond their ability to murder and loot.
05-09-2017 21:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
James_ wrote:

The polar vortex (one of the latest media terms, normal people just call it the polar high) shifts all the time. We call it the jet stream. We call it the weather.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-09-2017 22:15
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofed:
James_ wrote:If the Vikings didn't teach trade and government...
NOTHING special about the Vikings beyond their ability to murder and loot.

BBBBUUUTTT, Vikings were very good, TRADING blow for blow, TEACHING murder & looting & ALLOWING their gov't to be vanquished enemies' gov't.
Edited on 05-09-2017 22:19
05-09-2017 22:18
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
ITN wrote;
The polar vortex (one of the latest media terms, normal people just call it the polar high) shifts all the time. We call it the jet stream. We call it the weather

ITN you're way smarter than me so hey, I get a jolt out of correcting you when I can.

The jet stream is the "door" that allows the polar high to shift north or south. When the jet carves out a deep trough, the polar high will settle into the lower 48. It does this several times a year, most often in the winter when the jet is normally farthest south. Opposite is true with a ridge in the jet. Yes, we call it weather.
06-09-2017 00:04
(21597)
GasGuzzler wrote:
ITN wrote;
The polar vortex (one of the latest media terms, normal people just call it the polar high) shifts all the time. We call it the jet stream. We call it the weather

ITN you're way smarter than me so hey, I get a jolt out of correcting you when I can.

The jet stream is the "door" that allows the polar high to shift north or south. When the jet carves out a deep trough, the polar high will settle into the lower 48. It does this several times a year, most often in the winter when the jet is normally farthest south. Opposite is true with a ridge in the jet. Yes, we call it weather.

The polar high centers over the geographic pole. It can only move south and back again.

The jetstream is not so much a door as a fence...actually a rubber fence. When we get some dip further south in it, the polar side of the air comes with it. The media these days refers to the 'polar vortex' because it sounds cooler (HAR!) then the polar high.

Yup. It's weather.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 06-09-2017 00:05
06-09-2017 00:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Rubber fence? Never heard that before....I like it! Much better analogy than a door.
06-09-2017 04:10
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
What has been overlooked is that if the Gulf Stream slows enough and the Norwegian Sea and that side of the Arctic Ocean cools then the Polar Vortex could shift.
At the same time Mexico might become a little warmer.

https://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/what-is-a-polar-vortex/21793077
Edited on 06-09-2017 04:22
06-09-2017 05:14
(21597)
James_ wrote:
What has been overlooked is that if the Gulf Stream slows enough and the Norwegian Sea and that side of the Arctic Ocean cools then the Polar Vortex could shift.
At the same time Mexico might become a little warmer.

https://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/what-is-a-polar-vortex/21793077

The Gulf Stream doesn't slow. It moves around a bit. It is probably one of the most tracked currents in the ocean right now. It's speed is relatively constant, slowing as it widens on its northern end. It feeds the Northern Drift countercurrent.

The Labrador current and the East Greenland current are cold currents. They run underneath the Northern Drift, and so don't help it along. They combine to form the Canaries current running down the west side of Europe.

The Northern Drift splits right about where the East Greenland current comes in underneath it. Most of it continues northeast to become the Norwegian current, part of it joins the same path as the Canaries current but stops as it approaches the European coast.

The Canaries current moves south into warmer waters. As the Sun heats the equator more than other places in the world, it powers the Equatorial Currents...one in the North, and one in the South. The Northern current becomes the feeder for the Antilles and Florida currents, which in turn feed the Gulf Stream again. In the middle of the Atlantic is the Sargasso Sea, a place notorious for calm winds and no useful currents. In the days of sail, a place to avoid.

As long as there is sunshine, a hot part of the ocean along the equator and the gulf, and a colder part up north (because the Sun isn't as powerful there), you WILL have these currents. No amount of so-called 'melting' of Greenland ice is going to change anything. It's not like the movie 'Day After Tomorrow'.

Note that the Pacific Ocean also has a Northern and Southern equatorial current. Like the Atlantic, these are west flowing currents of warm water. Also, like the Atlantic, these two currents are split by an equatorial countercurrent, flowing east. This current is weak and is sometimes 'pinched off' by a slight movement of the North and South currents moving closer together slightly. This variation in the Pacific gives us the El Nino and La Nina cycles.

The Parrot Killer

07-09-2017 01:13
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
Into the Night,
Have you ever thought of checking your facts first ? In your last post you made enough mistakes.
07-09-2017 02:25
(21597)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night,
Have you ever thought of checking your facts first ? In your last post you made enough mistakes.

Go look it up if you want to. These currents are well known.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate The Gulf Stream (for Don from Mexico ):

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate-Change at the US-Mexico border?112-05-2023 07:19
Racist Sexist Xenophobic AND Erroneous "don'T rump" Pratfalls5412-03-2023 02:06
Anyone explain how does N2 and O2 don't absorb electromagnetic radiation?4902-02-2023 01:23
Interesting news about Donald Trump (The Don officially to 80 million of us) anyway Trump is415-08-2022 04:08
Gargantuan sluice gate in Gulf Stream to warm Europe, lower nat gas need2926-04-2022 18:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact