Remember me
▼ Content

The 'grandfather' of climate science leaves a final warning for Earth

The 'grandfather' of climate science leaves a final warning for Earth03-03-2019 18:16
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grandfather-climate-science-leaves-final-warning-earth-n978426
03-03-2019 22:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
There is no such thing as 'climate science'. This is a meaningless buzzword. Science has no theories about subjective and non-quantifiable things. They are not falsifiable.
03-03-2019 23:19
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
Isn't Sulfur Dioxide the same stuff we were fighting against, a few decades ago, because it causes acid rain? If I remember right, it's toxic, and dissolves in water pretty easy, highly reactive. Isn't also considered a 'greenhouse' gas, because it can also be produced by burning fossil fuels? Or, can we over look that, because it will block the sun, and reduce the warming, a little, long as we continually poison the planet with it.

This is another really good example of the 'climatologist' contradicting themselves. SO2 is bad, when it's release from energy production, but could be a good thing, if used for Climatology? It can't go both ways, man-made molecules, are exactly the same as natural. Wasn't CO2 being absorbed by oceans, causing an acid problem, killing reefs, and little fishies? And that's a very weak acid, think what Sulfuric Acid would do.

What sort of evil geniuses actually think we would ever buy into something so stupid, with some very serious health and environmental risks? Just for the Climatologist to consider such a sinister plan, really illustrates how much they care about our health, and the environment. And I haven't even touched on the effects of blocking sunlight, though I don't understand how SO2 is suppose to do that, it's colorless. When a volcano erupts, SO2 is just one of several gasses released, lot of particulates (ash). I can see how the ash would block the sun, I lived not far from Mt. St. Helens, when it erupted. Hard to tell, cloudy more often than not, in the northwest, but it didn't darken the sky, on a biblical scale. Wasn't any drastic climate change, just a nasty mess to clean up, for months...
04-03-2019 00:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Isn't Sulfur Dioxide the same stuff we were fighting against, a few decades ago, because it causes acid rain? If I remember right, it's toxic, and dissolves in water pretty easy, highly reactive. Isn't also considered a 'greenhouse' gas, because it can also be produced by burning fossil fuels? Or, can we over look that, because it will block the sun, and reduce the warming, a little, long as we continually poison the planet with it.

This is another really good example of the 'climatologist' contradicting themselves. SO2 is bad, when it's release from energy production, but could be a good thing, if used for Climatology? It can't go both ways, man-made molecules, are exactly the same as natural. Wasn't CO2 being absorbed by oceans, causing an acid problem, killing reefs, and little fishies? And that's a very weak acid, think what Sulfuric Acid would do.

What sort of evil geniuses actually think we would ever buy into something so stupid, with some very serious health and environmental risks? Just for the Climatologist to consider such a sinister plan, really illustrates how much they care about our health, and the environment. And I haven't even touched on the effects of blocking sunlight, though I don't understand how SO2 is suppose to do that, it's colorless. When a volcano erupts, SO2 is just one of several gasses released, lot of particulates (ash). I can see how the ash would block the sun, I lived not far from Mt. St. Helens, when it erupted. Hard to tell, cloudy more often than not, in the northwest, but it didn't darken the sky, on a biblical scale. Wasn't any drastic climate change, just a nasty mess to clean up, for months...

It DID darken the sky (on what could be called a Biblical scale) in Yakima and other points east of St Helens. Olympia got one of those too, though not as bad as Yakima did.

It was so dark in Yakima it was like midnight at noon.

Seattle got lucky. It's further away, and not in the path of prevailing winds from that mountain (or what's left of it!).

Got a lot of folks in Seattle thinking about Mt Rainier (Mt Tahoma) though. Fortunately, it's numerous cracks tend to vent pressure rather than building up like St. Helens did. The soil down the Kent valley and right on down through the Duwamish basin and Boeing field is all old lahar flow from Mt Rainer.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate The 'grandfather' of climate science leaves a final warning for Earth:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
There is still no Global Warming science.38728-02-2024 23:50
A Science Test1809-12-2023 00:53
Magic or Science706-12-2023 00:29
Science and Atmospheric Chemistry625-11-2023 20:55
The SCIENCE of the "Greenhouse Effect"29105-11-2023 22:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact