Remember me
▼ Content

The Global Warming Fraud



Page 3 of 5<12345>
16-08-2019 00:52
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
HarveyH55 wrote:
No, I don't find it upsetting.


So in the commercial a real enforced policy is called for/promised. You did or due support such a policy?
16-08-2019 02:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4906)
tmiddles wrote:So your characterization of events as being a Democratic Party or Obama thing is just false.

Wait! This is complete dishonesty on your part.

I made a statement that was true and that you didn't like.

You then posted a chart corroborating the veracity of my statement, and then attributed to me a statement that I did not make just so you claim that I am somehow wrong.

Everything you write should be summarily dismissed.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-08-2019 04:02
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
IBdaMann wrote:
attributed to me a statement that I did not make


I said you were characterizing. I didn't quote you. Quoting on here is easy.

And weirdly late reply.

Getting nervous because you're wrong about facts?

Did you maybe try to find evidence that it wasn't Trump's actual commercial? Your theory it was edited not pan out?
16-08-2019 04:03
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1346)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
No, I don't find it upsetting.


So in the commercial a real enforced policy is called for/promised. You did or due support such a policy?


Yes, I do support the policy. That particular gunman, had traveled back and forth to a Muslim country, which was a know source for extremist and terrorists, basically unchallenged. If you recall, or look it up, the ban was never on all Muslim countries, or even all Muslims, just the ones well know for terrorist activities. It was never proposed as a permanent ban, just a month or two. Took longer to get past the court challenges, and would have expired, before getting the go ahead, which it eventually did, after another possible terror attack, man drove his car into a crowd on a pier. The ban was actual just temporary, until they came up with a better screening process, than what Obama used.

30 seconds isn't a whole lot of time, to do a lot of work. You have to grab people's attention, so the actual watch it, and listen. You need to convey a purpose (Vote for Trump), and why you need to do it. You don't have time to clearly go into details, you have to reference common knowledge, and let the viewer pull it altogether. People forget though, so those referenced details get lost, the message in the commercial can be interpreted in other ways.
16-08-2019 04:05
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(61)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:So your characterization of events as being a Democratic Party or Obama thing is just false.

Wait! This is complete dishonesty on your part.

I made a statement that was true and that you didn't like.

You then posted a chart corroborating the veracity of my statement, and then attributed to me a statement that I did not make just so you claim that I am somehow wrong.

Everything you write should be summarily dismissed.


.


"The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks." - Nigerian Proverb


He is not worth your response. Any attempt at reason or rapproachment is futile, utterly futile.
16-08-2019 04:09
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
HarveyH55 wrote:If you recall, or look it up, the ban was never on all Muslim countries,


I was sticking to Trumps actual 30 second spot. Don't want to stray from the verified data of that while it's still not being accepted as a real commercial by the Trump campaign.

And to your point that 30 seconds isn't enough time to clarify I guess that's a point of view.
16-08-2019 04:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4906)
tmiddles wrote:
Getting nervous because you're wrong about facts?

Did you maybe try to find evidence that it wasn't Trump's actual commercial? Your theory it was edited not pan out?

I take it that you didn't notice that I posted the entire Face the Nation interview transcript.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-08-2019 04:11
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
RenaissanceMan wrote:
He is not worth your response. Any attempt at reason or rapproachment is futile, utterly futile.


Well I really couldn't legitimately take issue with refusing to talk to someone on here because I did it.

Though your motives are a bit transparent.

Being wrong is uncomfortable for most people.
16-08-2019 04:13
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Getting nervous because you're wrong about facts?

Did you maybe try to find evidence that it wasn't Trump's actual commercial? Your theory it was edited not pan out?

I take it that you didn't notice that I posted the entire Face the Nation interview transcript.


I did notice that yes.

Trump is very verbose there are thousands of hours you could post. True of any president or even just a presidential candidate.

I was trying to stick to the facts of what commercial was run on Television by the TRUMP campaign as their first commercial.

You claimed that I had submitted something edited. That claim still stands as far as I can tell.

Now from 2015 to 2016 Trump may have changed his mind! I wouldn't presume to speak for him. I'll let his commercial do the talking as to where he was in 2016.

Trump is entitled to change is mind! No law says someone has to be consistent.

This is 1 min of Trump discussing his views in 1999:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc
Edited on 16-08-2019 04:20
16-08-2019 05:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4906)
tmiddles wrote:I was trying to stick to the facts of what commercial was run on Television by the TRUMP campaign as their first commercial.

I'm sticking to Trump's message and campaign platform that you insist on distorting.

tmiddles wrote:You claimed that I had submitted something edited. That claim still stands as far as I can tell.

I quite correctly pointed out that you omitted all the context and necessary relevant information to accurately express Trump's message. You posted emotion-bait for the purpose of petty name-calling.

tmiddles wrote:This is 1 min of Trump discussing his views in 1999:

Better yet, here's 40 minutes of Trump's rally days before the election, in Toledo, Ohio discussing his platform in full context with no omissions, while running for President:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBPZIlj1Vf4

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-08-2019 05:23
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
IBdaMann wrote:

I quite correctly pointed out that you omitted all the context and necessary relevant information to accurately express Trump's message.

.


I posted Trump's commercial. You've falsely accused me of chopping it up and being dishonest. You falsely claimed I "Got it" from someone other than Trump.

IBdaMann wrote:

This is totally dishonest. You completely chopped off the part giving context and the first part of the point.

You obviously got this from the people who are successfully manipulating you.


Its 30 seconds. If someone wants to claim it wasn't enough time to be clear fine, if someone thinks it cannot be considered outside of some other statements a year earlier that's a perspective.

But it's his work not mine
16-08-2019 05:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4906)
tmiddles wrote:I posted Trump's commercial.

I posted Trump's complete message on the topic.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-08-2019 05:47
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1346)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:If you recall, or look it up, the ban was never on all Muslim countries,


I was sticking to Trumps actual 30 second spot. Don't want to stray from the verified data of that while it's still not being accepted as a real commercial by the Trump campaign.

And to your point that 30 seconds isn't enough time to clarify I guess that's a point of view.


It is a real commercial, I don't think anyone disputes that. But you are taking out of time, and context, for which it was presented originally. It's not that you are only presenting a portion of the commercial, it's the full, real deal there. But those 30 seconds relied heavily on the current events at the time it aired, as context. You ignore the context, which couldn't be included in the 30 seconds.

It's like picking through someone's post here, and on quoting the words or sentence you figure you can start an argument, where if you included the rest of the thought, really would be worth an argument. Everybody has different opinions and interpretations, nothing wrong with that.

Remember that hot mike clip, where Trump was recorded talking about how being rich, he could grab women, Joe Biden style? He never said he ever did, nor that he actually would. They never could find any 'victims' either, or video/photos of him doing so. But, based on that clip, he was called a pervert for months. I don't believe what had said was wrong either, not all woman are innocent, weak or stupid, most of them will use what they have, to get what they want. They dangle the bait, those who they hook, usually have to pay up, one way or another, usually worth it though. Basically, Trump was just talking about how he's tempted by the bait often, just not weak enough to get fooled by it. Joe Biden on the other had, just grabs, even if it's not offered, or welcomed.

Think the point, is that the 30 second commercial isn't complete, in that to save space, air time, money, the people who put it together, cut it down to the bare minimal, the viewer provide the context, by filling it out with current events referenced. You're trying to take it for the most literal value, and create a different context and meaning. It's a hard sell, since it wasn't that long ago.
16-08-2019 06:03
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
HarveyH55 wrote:It is a real commercial, I don't think anyone disputes that.


As far as I can see I was accused of chopping it up and editing it somehow.

HarveyH55 wrote:
But you are taking out of time, and context, for which it was presented originally.


No I gave the time it was aired, as does the video link itself. And it gives the context quite clearly in the commercial itself you don't agree?

Also I was responding to the assertion below by ITN:
Into the Night wrote:
He never banned Muslims or the Islamic religion. He never even attempted it. You are being a bigot now, and trying to change history.


If you say something never happened and it did you stand to be corrected. How else do you point out that the word "never" is used in error than by showing an exception to it?

HarveyH55 wrote:
he could grab women, Joe Biden style? He never said he ever did, nor that he actually would. They never could find any 'victims' either,


Biden style is absurd. If you're not going to give credence to something unproven then don't make things up.

Trump was very explicit about what he did do which included trying to sleep with a married woman. Now if you believe his statement "When you're a star you can grab them by the p#$$&," was not an assertion he had done so uninvited that's your choice. It's certainly not proof he did. As to there being no victims to be found you can only conclude that if you dismiss the numerous women who came forward as being liars. Which again you can do, there is no definitive proof to the contrary.

What you can't do is pretend he didn't say that, or that it's not his commercial, or claim that he didn't mean something he said (only he can make that claim about his own words).

In 1999 Trump said he was very pro Choice, he has since updated us on his new perspective that he's very pro Life. But Trump speaks for Trump not any of us.
Edited on 16-08-2019 06:06
16-08-2019 06:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1431)
tmiddles wrote:
In 1999 Trump said he was very pro Choice, he has since updated us on his new perspective that he's very pro Life. But Trump speaks for Trump not any of us.

I will stay out of most of this because I really don't know what's what. But i will speak to the 1999 comment.

I was not a trump fan at first for the following reason....

I once heard him say in an interview a LONG time ago that if he were ever president he would have a one time tax on millionaires to eliminate the national debt. Don't remember when or where this was.(maybe a Barbara Walters interview?)

I guess peoples opinions and views can change for the better over time, and if you want to know how he REALLY feels, look only at what he is doing TODAY. His economic numbers are better than most presidents could only hope for.

Whatever he said about Muslims...I don't care. I know as well as you that whatever he said it wasn't racist or against any religion, it was of concern over our national security.

Spin it how you want.


I think people screw me over because they don't want to see someone willing to put out the effort that they won't.~James~
16-08-2019 06:52
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
GasGuzzler wrote:I guess peoples opinions and views can change for the better over time,


Couldn't argue with that. And actions matter more than words certainly.

GasGuzzler wrote:
Whatever he said about Muslims...I don't care. ...whatever he said it wasn't ...against any religion,


OK that's a pretty amazing leap of reasoning.

I realize you don't care so maybe your analysis was short. But saying you want to prevent anyone who is Muslim from entering the country would qualify as being against a religion.

I'm not spinning anything. That's what the commercial said.

If you were a Muslim family it must have been a very powerful experience watching that with your children on television.

I would have a hard time explaining that one to an adult much less a child.

I personally still feel like I got punched when I think about it. And I'm not even Muslim.

And I'm not the one harping on this. You Trump apologist keep trying to say that commercial didn't happen in one way or another.

That's what he told America. It's the first thing he paid to tell America as a candidate for president.
16-08-2019 07:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1431)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:I guess peoples opinions and views can change for the better over time,


Couldn't argue with that. And actions matter more than words certainly.

GasGuzzler wrote:
Whatever he said about Muslims...I don't care. ...whatever he said it wasn't ...against any religion,


OK that's a pretty amazing leap of reasoning.

I realize you don't care so maybe your analysis was short. But saying you want to prevent anyone who is Muslim from entering the country would qualify as being against a religion.

I'm not spinning anything. That's what the commercial said.

If you were a Muslim family it must have been a very powerful experience watching that with your children on television.

I would have a hard time explaining that one to an adult much less a child.

I personally still feel like I got punched when I think about it. And I'm not even Muslim.

And I'm not the one harping on this. You Trump apologist keep trying to say that commercial didn't happen in one way or another.

That's what he told America. It's the first thing he paid to tell America as a candidate for president.


Strange analogy but I think it works here...

The Boeing 737 Max was grounded. Why? There was a problem with a very small number of them and some people were getting killed. No one ever said ALL 737 Max's were bad. From what I understand it's a phenomenal aircraft. Yet they ground all of them. They're not grounded forever either...only till they can correct the problem.

Caused a lot of travel headaches this summer too, but no one is complaining because if there's a chance they'll die from it, they'd much rather deal with the inconvenience.

In the same way, the problems are coming from people that are Muslim. Doesn't make all Muslims bad, just makes them all look bad to the average bigot. Trump never said anything about a permanent ban, only until problems were identified and corrected. His intentions were national security and American's safety.


I think people screw me over because they don't want to see someone willing to put out the effort that they won't.~James~
16-08-2019 07:45
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
GasGuzzler wrote:
The Boeing 737 Max was grounded.


OK but would say that wasn't against any particular type of aircraft?

You said:
GasGuzzler wrote:I know as well as you that whatever he said it wasn't racist or against any religion,


Now the decision to ground 737's was very much "against" 737's. It identified the problem as being with their "737" identity and not for example which airport they were flying in and out off, who the pilots were or some other factor.

To understand my perspective a bit I still can't get over how forgotten the Oklahoma city bombing is. McVey was a Turner Diaries reading gun nut who could be legitimately associated with some active groups int he country. But everyone just dropped it. It was the 2nd worst terrorist attack but even while it was the worst it didn't really hold our imagination.

I don't think I've ever heard Trump talk about it. I just looked for a quote and failed.

So the Muslim focus is a bit reminiscent for me (and I don't mean Trumps Muslim focus I mean the countries) of the WWII decision to put Japanese in camps but let Germans run around free.

It was a campaign ad. It wasn't going to become law or anything. But I think it had a profound effect on both those who loved it and those who did not.
16-08-2019 08:16
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1431)
tmiddles wrote:
Now the decision to ground 737's was very much "against" 737's. It identified the problem as being with their "737" identity and not for example which airport they were flying in and out off, who the pilots were or some other factor.


Yes, the decision was "against" all 737 Max's, because a tiny percentage had killed some people. It identified a potential problem with any one of the the remaining aircraft in service, therefore they all have to remain on the ground until problems are identified and corrected. The vast majority, and possibly all the remaining aircraft would have never caused a problem.

Here's another analogy...

There are some 375 different shark species around the world. Only 3 of these species are responsible for the vast majority attacks on humans. Yet we ban sharks from our beaches (or do we ban ourselves from beaches with sharks...
)

Anyhow, once again if there's a risk from a small percentage of a group, the entire group is asked to suffer a bit due to the behavior of a few of it's members.

Would you swim with sharks knowing that there is a high likelihood they won't harm you?


I think people screw me over because they don't want to see someone willing to put out the effort that they won't.~James~
16-08-2019 08:35
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
GasGuzzler wrote:
There are some 375 different shark species


I think we actually see this the same way. It's all based on what you're calling a shark and what you're not.

Now had Trump said: "A temporary shut down of anyone entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." It would be tavelers who are sharks.
"A temporary shut down of men entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." then men would be sharks
and so on.

Again not all of them dangerous, but categorically different from everyone else. Because a sharks not a dolphin.

But really the subject of Trump's wisdom, or the wisdom of his policy as a politician is very on topic for this board.

Security matters and we sometimes have to pay a price. In 2016 Trump decided what amounted to THE crisis for America worthy of his first ad.


Now that's politifact but you're welcome to find your own numbers.

2016 was a bad year for ilsamic terror. Relatively speaking.

Now that graph is from an article pushing the idea that far right terror is a bigger threat: linkpolitifact article

What's a "far right extremist"? "white supremacists; anti-government groups; groups with extreme views on abortion, "
now most of the deaths on there for "Islam" were just from the Orlando Night Club attack and as you know he was a citizen living in Florida so Trumps "Shut down" would not have stopped him.

But he wasn't the only one. If you look at the years prior, 2001-2015 nearly 5 people per year on average died from islamic terrorist attacks.

But why are acts of terror committed? I would argue it's to get a big response, to really have the attack noticed and be THE topic of discussion. Trump is happy to oblige this motive.

But did he ever "figure out what's going on"? It's been 3 years and he is president.
Edited on 16-08-2019 09:03
16-08-2019 17:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
There are some 375 different shark species


I think we actually see this the same way. It's all based on what you're calling a shark and what you're not.

Now had Trump said: "A temporary shut down of anyone entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." It would be tavelers who are sharks.
"A temporary shut down of men entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." then men would be sharks
and so on.

Again not all of them dangerous, but categorically different from everyone else. Because a sharks not a dolphin.

But really the subject of Trump's wisdom, or the wisdom of his policy as a politician is very on topic for this board.

Security matters and we sometimes have to pay a price. In 2016 Trump decided what amounted to THE crisis for America worthy of his first ad.


Now that's politifact but you're welcome to find your own numbers.

2016 was a bad year for ilsamic terror. Relatively speaking.

Now that graph is from an article pushing the idea that far right terror is a bigger threat: linkpolitifact article

What's a "far right extremist"? "white supremacists; anti-government groups; groups with extreme views on abortion, "
now most of the deaths on there for "Islam" were just from the Orlando Night Club attack and as you know he was a citizen living in Florida so Trumps "Shut down" would not have stopped him.

But he wasn't the only one. If you look at the years prior, 2001-2015 nearly 5 people per year on average died from islamic terrorist attacks.

But why are acts of terror committed? I would argue it's to get a big response, to really have the attack noticed and be THE topic of discussion. Trump is happy to oblige this motive.

But did he ever "figure out what's going on"? It's been 3 years and he is president.

White supremacists are LEFT, not right. They are socialists, favoring fascism.

Anti government groups are LEFT, not right. They are Marxists and socialists, attempting to overthrow the United States by force.

It is Marxists and socialists that want to make the killing of an unborn child commonplace. Conservatives tend to respect life, even the life of an unborn child, and want to preserve it. To them, it is almost, if not equivalent to murder.

Trump never attempted to ban Islamic travelers. He attempted to ban travelers from certain countries where terrorist groups in Islam are known to operate. As President, he has the authority to do so.

We don't pay any price. The traveler and the nation that can't seem to get a grip on basic stability does.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 16-08-2019 17:34
16-08-2019 19:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4906)
tmiddles wrote:OK that's a pretty amazing leap of reasoning.

Nope. You characterize it in that manner because you are assuming as TRUE your intentional distortion of Trump's message.

tmiddles wrote: But saying you want to prevent anyone who is Muslim from entering the country would qualify as being against a religion.

Not if his message is "I want to stop the immigration of terrorists to the US" because that would not be against any religion.

You are simply working to delude yourself that Trump hates Muslims, and you have to lie to yourself to do it. The amazing thing is that you actually believe yourself when you know that you are lying to yourself.

How many people besides yourself do you believe you are fooling?

Can you explain how Trump hates Muslims without distorting his message? No? I thought not.

tmiddles wrote: If you were a Muslim family it must have been a very powerful experience watching that with your children on television.

What? The Face the Nation interview? I bet. That's why we all personally know some Muslims who abhor terrorism and who support Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq5jjVmMAX4

tmiddles wrote:I would have a hard time explaining that one to an adult much less a child.

I don't believe you would ever have any difficulty in preaching your distortion of Trump's message.

tmiddles wrote: And I'm not the one harping on this.

You have not stopped harping on this.

tmiddles wrote: You Trump apologist keep trying to say that commercial didn't happen in one way or another.

Excellent! Petty name calling based on your own assigned misrepresentation! Awesome!

tmiddles wrote: That's what he told America.

Totally cool! You self-delusion is in overdrive! That explains why you haven't stopped harping on this.

Let me know if you ever generate enough gumption to question what you tell yourself.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-08-2019 20:48
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1431)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
There are some 375 different shark species


I think we actually see this the same way. It's all based on what you're calling a shark and what you're not.

Now had Trump said: "A temporary shut down of anyone entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." It would be tavelers who are sharks.
"A temporary shut down of men entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." then men would be sharks
and so on.

Again not all of them dangerous, but categorically different from everyone else. Because a sharks not a dolphin.

But really the subject of Trump's wisdom, or the wisdom of his policy as a politician is very on topic for this board.

Security matters and we sometimes have to pay a price. In 2016 Trump decided what amounted to THE crisis for America worthy of his first ad.


Now that's politifact but you're welcome to find your own numbers.

2016 was a bad year for ilsamic terror. Relatively speaking.

Now that graph is from an article pushing the idea that far right terror is a bigger threat: linkpolitifact article

What's a "far right extremist"? "white supremacists; anti-government groups; groups with extreme views on abortion, "
now most of the deaths on there for "Islam" were just from the Orlando Night Club attack and as you know he was a citizen living in Florida so Trumps "Shut down" would not have stopped him.

But he wasn't the only one. If you look at the years prior, 2001-2015 nearly 5 people per year on average died from islamic terrorist attacks.

But why are acts of terror committed? I would argue it's to get a big response, to really have the attack noticed and be THE topic of discussion. Trump is happy to oblige this motive.

But did he ever "figure out what's going on"? It's been 3 years and he is president.


You don't seem to be understanding with rational thought an explanation, so let's go the straight to sarcasm and see if you realize how ridiculous your statement is....

"Hello! My name is Donald Trump and I would like to be your next president. I realize it's a long shot and all the cards are stacked against me, but there's one thing I really want you to know that should put me over the top to win the election.. I hate Muslims."


I think people screw me over because they don't want to see someone willing to put out the effort that they won't.~James~
Edited on 16-08-2019 20:50
16-08-2019 20:51
RenaissanceMan
★☆☆☆☆
(61)
THE TITLE OF THE THREAD is The Global Warming Fraud.

Trump-Hating Zealots continue to derail the thread, in violation of the "rules."
They always interrupt, and make absurd statements in furtherance of their Leftist dogma.

Back to the Global Warming Fraud, being zealously pushed by the Left:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=443&v=TCy_UOjEir0

Don't mention Trump again, Zealot. Start your own Hate Trump Thread.
16-08-2019 21:13
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
Into the Night wrote:

Anti government groups are LEFT, not right. They are Marxists and socialists, attempting to overthrow the United States by force.

.


Tim McVey was a Marxist and a Leftist?

This is Terrorism, is it from the Left?:
George Tiller. (link

Tiller practiced medicine in Wichita, Kansas, for nearly 40 years. He was one of the few doctors in the country to perform late-term abortions. He was a regular target of pro-life protesters, some of whom circulated his home address on "wanted" posters. There were a number of assaults against him, many of them violent: His clinic was bombed in 1986, and Tiller himself was shot in both arms by a protester in 1993. (He went back to work the next day.) Then, on May 31st, 2009, Tiller was shot in the head in the entry hall to his longtime church in Kansas by an anti-choice zealot. He died shortly thereafter.
16-08-2019 21:20
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
IBdaMann wrote:
Can you explain how Trump hates Muslims without distorting his message? No? I thought not.
.


When wrong it's tempting to make up your opponents argument for them in a desperate attempt to be right,

I never said Trump hated Muslims. I suspect Trump is simply an opportunist and doesn't actually care but that's only my opinion.

What I asserted here in correcting ITN was that Trump's first campaign ad in 2016 called for or promised a ban on people who could enter the country based on their being Muslim.

You continue to say I've distorted this. How? It's his video.

And I'm in the habit of using "apologist" in the nonderogetory sense. Antiquated vocabulary

I'm an apologist for the ACLU for example. I would defend their work as such.
Edited on 16-08-2019 21:25
16-08-2019 21:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4906)
tmiddles wrote: This is Terrorism, is it from the Left?:

It's not terrorism. It's criminal violence.

The error you are demonstrating here is mistakenly assigning one's position on the political spectrum solely based on the individual's religion rather than on the individual's ideology.

i.e. you assume the ideology of all Christians must be "rightist" or "conservative."

I think you can see how absurd that is.

I hope you realize that Hitler was both a Christian and an extreme leftist.

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-08-2019 21:29
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
GasGuzzler wrote:
"Hello! My name is Donald Trump and I would like to be your next president. I realize it's a long shot and all the cards are stacked against me, but there's one thing I really want you to know that should put me over the top to win the election.. I hate Muslims."


Again all I assert his that he produced that video. It speaks for itself,

I did not edit it or distort it in any way.

https://youtu.be/2UoQff8MMVM
16-08-2019 21:33
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
IBdaMann wrote:

It's not terrorism. It's criminal violence.

.


So anti-abortion group acts including bombing a clinic, shooting the doctor, distributing his home address and ultimately killing him are not terrorism?

Define Terrorism
16-08-2019 21:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4906)
tmiddles wrote:Again all I assert his that he produced that video. It speaks for itself,

Yes, the video speaks for itself. It's message is not what you claim it to be.

tmiddles wrote:I did not edit it or distort it in any way.

Not to the video, but certainly to the message. You are lying when you pretend to tell us what Trump's message was.

Further, you think you are fooling people by claiming that Trump is today what you misinterpret from a past video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udz9b5BThnw

Trump's speech "to all Muslims" is completely consistent with his campaign platform, i.e. one of defense against extremism and terrorism.

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-08-2019 00:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Anti government groups are LEFT, not right. They are Marxists and socialists, attempting to overthrow the United States by force.

.


Tim McVey was a Marxist and a Leftist?

Neither. He was bent on revenge.
tmiddles wrote:
This is Terrorism, is it from the Left?:

It was not terrorism. It was revenge. The attack was directed against the FBI and the BATF because their actions resulted in the death of hundreds at Waco, TX.
tmiddles wrote:
George Tiller practiced medicine in Wichita, Kansas, for nearly 40 years. He was one of the few doctors in the country to perform late-term abortions. He was a regular target of pro-life protesters, some of whom circulated his home address on "wanted" posters. There were a number of assaults against him, many of them violent: His clinic was bombed in 1986, and Tiller himself was shot in both arms by a protester in 1993. (He went back to work the next day.) Then, on May 31st, 2009, Tiller was shot in the head in the entry hall to his longtime church in Kansas by an anti-choice zealot. He died shortly thereafter.

Sounds like he finally got his justice for all the unborn he murdered.

Neither action was an attempt to overthrow the Constitution of the United States. Indeed, one of them was specifically intended to remind the government the cost of deviating from it.


The Parrot Killer
17-08-2019 00:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Can you explain how Trump hates Muslims without distorting his message? No? I thought not.
.


When wrong it's tempting to make up your opponents argument for them in a desperate attempt to be right,

I never said Trump hated Muslims.

Lie. You said exactly that.
tmiddles wrote:
I suspect Trump is simply an opportunist and doesn't actually care but that's only my opinion.

Lie. You said Trump hated Muslims and attempted an act of bigotry on them.
tmiddles wrote:
What I asserted here in correcting ITN was that Trump's first campaign ad in 2016 called for or promised a ban on people who could enter the country based on their being Muslim.

No, it didn't. Another lie.
tmiddles wrote:
You continue to say I've distorted this. How? It's his video.

It's a piece of his video, taken out of context. A lie.
tmiddles wrote:
And I'm in the habit of using "apologist" in the nonderogetory sense. Antiquated vocabulary

I'm an apologist for the ACLU for example. I would defend their work as such.

I wouldn't. I support no organization that defends those who stand against our Constitution.


The Parrot Killer
17-08-2019 00:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
"Hello! My name is Donald Trump and I would like to be your next president. I realize it's a long shot and all the cards are stacked against me, but there's one thing I really want you to know that should put me over the top to win the election.. I hate Muslims."


Again all I assert his that he produced that video. It speaks for itself,

I did not edit it or distort it in any way.



No, you let others do that for you that believe as you do. It's a lie.


The Parrot Killer
17-08-2019 00:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It's not terrorism. It's criminal violence.

.


So anti-abortion group acts including bombing a clinic, shooting the doctor, distributing his home address and ultimately killing him are not terrorism?

Define Terrorism


No.
It might be murder, but it's not terrorism.


The Parrot Killer
17-08-2019 02:31
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
IBdaMann wrote:
Yes, the video speaks for itself. It's message is not what you claim it to be....
Further, you think you are fooling people by claiming that Trump is today what you misinterpret from a past video.


I quoted the video because ITN claimed it never happened.

How exactly did I claim it to be anything by quoting it?

I'm also not claiming Trump is anything, Trump makes the claim by producing a commercial and writing a big check to have it broadcast.

That video is a factual record of Trump communicating with the American people.

Blaming me for it just loses a grip on reality.

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Tim McVey was a Marxist and a Leftist?

Neither. He was bent on revenge.


Nope sorry, McVey wasn't instantly executed and he can speak for himself. He was a terrorist and an anti-government activist. He hoped to "make a difference" just like the Taliban, Neo-Nazis or the uni-bomber.

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote: Tiller was shot in the head

Sounds like he finally got his justice


Yikes! Scary and not cool at all. If terrorists shooting people in the head represents justice to you then you're no different than ISIS in your approach to means to an end.

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
I never said Trump hated Muslims.

Lie. You said exactly that.


Where? Quote me. I wouldn't say that as my personal suspicion is that Trump is a psychopath (in the clinical sense) and lacks normal human emotions. Not that uncommon, 4% of CEOs are supposedly clinically qualified.

Into the Night wrote:

tmiddles wrote:
What I asserted here in correcting ITN was that Trump's first campaign ad in 2016 called for or promised a ban on people who could enter the country based on their being Muslim.

No, it didn't. Another lie.


This is what you said:

Into the Night wrote:
He never banned Muslims or the Islamic religion. He never even attempted it. You are being a bigot now, and trying to change history.


If you don't think a video from Trump where he promises to shut down Muslim's entering the country contradicts the assertion that he never even attempted to ban Muslims that's your choice. But it's certainly rational I would bring up the video after you made that assertion.


Into the Night wrote:
It's a piece of his video, taken out of context. A lie.


No it's the entire 30 second spot from Trump, not from me. This is a fact.

Into the Night wrote:
It might be murder, but it's not terrorism.


OK so distributing his home address, bombing his clinic, shotting him in the arms and then eventually in the head is not terrorism?
But ISIS cutting an infadels head off is terrorism?
Define terrorism.

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
I did not edit it or distort it in any way.

No, you let others do that for you that believe as you do. It's a lie.


What others? It's Trumps first campaign ad I don't have the power to edit it for the internet I assure you. There are not "others". At what point will you accept this fact? It's a fact. This is not complicated.

The inability to accept a fact, or the ability to deny reality, are very on topic for this board.
17-08-2019 02:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Yes, the video speaks for itself. It's message is not what you claim it to be....
Further, you think you are fooling people by claiming that Trump is today what you misinterpret from a past video.


I quoted the video because ITN claimed it never happened.

You quoted the video out of context. A lie.
tmiddles wrote:
How exactly did I claim it to be anything by quoting it?

You quoted it out of context. A lie.
tmiddles wrote:
I'm also not claiming Trump is anything,

Lie. You claimed he is a bigot.
tmiddles wrote:
Trump makes the claim by producing a commercial and writing a big check to have it broadcast.

Quoted out of context. A lie.
tmiddles wrote:
That video is a factual record of Trump communicating with the American people.

Not a fact. An argument. Learn what a fact is.
tmiddles wrote:
Blaming me for it just loses a grip on reality.

True Scotsman fallacy. Redefinition fallacy (fallacy<->reality).
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Tim McVey was a Marxist and a Leftist?

Neither. He was bent on revenge.


Nope sorry, McVey wasn't instantly executed and he can speak for himself. He was a terrorist and an anti-government activist. He hoped to "make a difference" just like the Taliban, Neo-Nazis or the uni-bomber.

Nope. He was bent on revenge. He said so during his trial. He specifically mentioned the Waco massacre.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote: Tiller was shot in the head

Sounds like he finally got his justice


Yikes! Scary and not cool at all. If terrorists shooting people in the head represents justice to you then you're no different than ISIS in your approach to means to an end.

I am not condoning vigilantes, but the man was murdering the unborn. Your defense of such an individual is scary and uncool.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
I never said Trump hated Muslims.

Lie. You said exactly that.


Where? Quote me. I wouldn't say that as my personal suspicion is that Trump is a psychopath (in the clinical sense) and lacks normal human emotions. Not that uncommon, 4% of CEOs are supposedly clinically qualified.

Psychoquackery. Now you have not only called Trump a bigot, you are calling him a psychopath. What do you think his normal human emotion would be someone making such accusations?
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

tmiddles wrote:
What I asserted here in correcting ITN was that Trump's first campaign ad in 2016 called for or promised a ban on people who could enter the country based on their being Muslim.

No, it didn't. Another lie.


This is what you said:

Into the Night wrote:
He never banned Muslims or the Islamic religion. He never even attempted it. You are being a bigot now, and trying to change history.


If you don't think a video from Trump where he promises to shut down Muslim's entering the country contradicts the assertion that he never even attempted to ban Muslims that's your choice. But it's certainly rational I would bring up the video after you made that assertion.

Taken out of context. A lie.
tmiddles wrote:

Into the Night wrote:
It's a piece of his video, taken out of context. A lie.


No it's the entire 30 second spot from Trump, not from me. This is a fact.

Not a fact. An argument. Learn what a fact is.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
It might be murder, but it's not terrorism.


OK so distributing his home address, bombing his clinic, shotting him in the arms and then eventually in the head is not terrorism?
But ISIS cutting an infadels head off is terrorism?
Define terrorism.

An attempt to induce mass fear against a populace.

Typical techniques involve propaganda, indiscriminate attacks against the populace (often under false names or flags), attacks against infrastructure in an indiscriminate fashion.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
I did not edit it or distort it in any way.

No, you let others do that for you that believe as you do. It's a lie.


What others? It's Trumps first campaign ad I don't have the power to edit it for the internet I assure you. There are not "others". At what point will you accept this fact? It's a fact. This is not complicated.

It is taken out of context. Not a fact. An argument. Learn what a fact is.
tmiddles wrote:
The inability to accept a fact,

Not a fact.
tmiddles wrote:
or the ability to deny reality,

True Scotsman fallacy. Redefinition fallacy (fact<->real). Buzzword fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
are very on topic for this board.

You keep making these fallacies.

You are cherry picking this video out of all the others in his campaign, and out of the action he wrote out in the executive order to try to implement it.

This is taking this video out of context. A method of lying.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 17-08-2019 03:01
17-08-2019 03:11
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
Into the Night wrote:
It is taken out of context. Not a fact. An argument. Learn what a fact is.
.


So what's not a fact?

Is it a fact that this is Trump's video? Explain the context from the video I'm missing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQff8MMVM

Quote: "He's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on."
17-08-2019 03:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
It is taken out of context. Not a fact. An argument. Learn what a fact is.
.

So what's not a fact?

Your conclusion that this video shows Trump to be a bigot.
tmiddles wrote:
Is it a fact that this is Trump's video? Explain the context from the video I'm missing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQff8MMVM

I already in just the last post. Pay attention.
tmiddles wrote:
Quote: "He's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on."

Out of context. A lie by cherry picking. From the very beginning he was referring to Muslims from nations known to harbor terrorists.


The Parrot Killer
17-08-2019 03:49
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1322)
Into the Night wrote:From the very beginning he was referring to Muslims from nations known to harbor terrorists.


Please quote the commercial and me when you make these assertions. It truly seems like you're making up almost everything you are saying.

TRUMP's commercial not mine and not yours so quote it and quote it correctly.
17-08-2019 09:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9573)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:From the very beginning he was referring to Muslims from nations known to harbor terrorists.


Please quote the commercial and me when you make these assertions. It truly seems like you're making up almost everything you are saying.

TRUMP's commercial not mine and not yours so quote it and quote it correctly.


Trumps campaign. Not mine. Quote it correctly.


The Parrot Killer
Page 3 of 5<12345>





Join the debate The Global Warming Fraud:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Research Grant Fraud931-03-2019 17:28
In Your Face - the IPCC and Fraud904-01-2018 01:14
climate change expert sentenced to 32 months for fraud. So much for SCIENCE, eh? More like POLITICAL scie527-04-2017 22:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact