▼ Content

The Genesis

The Genesis07-07-2020 17:50
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Forgive me but I need to recap
.Mankind has created more CO2 in the last 150 years than there was before
.This extra CO2 prevents certain light from going out to space and it radiates back to the planet creating extra heat which is bad mkay
.This heat may cause flooding.cyclones.drought.bushfires.mass extinctions and the end of catholics as we know them.
.Did I miss anything

duncan61
07-07-2020 18:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
duncan61 wrote:
.This extra CO2 prevents certain light from going out to space and it radiates back to the planet creating extra heat which is bad mkay
.This heat may cause flooding.cyclones.drought.bushfires.mass extinctions and the end of catholics as we know them.
.Did I miss anything

The extra CO2 only comes from burning fossil fuels... We must stop burning fossil fuels, even if it destroys the economy, and society, kills millions of people. Fossil fuels are the root of all evil.

Guess we all are going to die eventual, so why worry about the how or when...
07-07-2020 18:21
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
If I change the light bulbs in my house will that stop it happening
07-07-2020 18:30
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14378)
duncan61 wrote:
.Did I miss anything

Yes, you missed that Christians are morons for believing in the impossible Great Flood myth whereby the ocean somehow rose 15 cubits and extreme weather killed all life on the planet. That could not have even happened.

Christians should instead be getting onboard with Global Warming because if they don't, the ocean will rise 15 cubits by the end of the century and extreme weather will kill all life on the planet.

----------------------

You forgot to mention that for millenia humans have been expending much effort creating better and better bleaches, when all along all that was necessary to create the needed caustic chemicals was to change the water temperature around a coral reef!

----------------------

You omitted that the laws of thermodynamics are debunked in tmiddles' signature.

----------------------

You did not include that yes, Global Warming is a result of human activity, but not that of all humans ... only of conservative white male capitalists. Everyone else is a victim of that aforementioned scum and of the resulting Global Warming they cause.

----------------------

You forgot the tmiddles axiom: Atmospheres strictly make planets warmer and there is no daytime side of the moon.

... otherwise you have it nailed.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-07-2020 18:45
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Damn I forgot the coral bleaching because the ocean is now acidic and the limestone has melted releasing more fossils and raising sea levels.I watched the whole series of blue planet and on the second disc it showed a gap inbetween islands and when the very small tide runs all the local fish hover in it as it brings the food to them.When the tide slows the schools all go hang around under a shelf on disc 5 it showed the same footage and claimed that it was because it was a marine park that protected them that there was so many fish there in one spot.The main component of limestone is calcium carbonate, which has a pH of 9.9.The entire coast of W.A.from Albany in the south where it is granite boulders to Exmouth in the north is limestone its only 1,654.5 km
07-07-2020 18:54
(5195)
duncan61 wrote:
If I change the light bulbs in my house will that stop it happening

No, you have to refuse to buy electricity that is generated by burning evil fossil fuels. The more people that refuse, the less fossil fuels they need to burn. It also forces the electric companies to raise prices, and change to solar panels and windmills. Those don't produce as much, which is okay, because only the filthy rich activist can afford t buy electricity anyway.
07-07-2020 18:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
duncan61 wrote:

... according to Climate Scientists and thus believed by Warmizombies, anyway...

Such Warmizombies do not like it if you question them about how they know what the "global CO2 concentration" is at any given time (whether that be past/present/future). This then devolves into Mathematics denial...

duncan61 wrote:

... according to Climate Scientists and thus believed by Warmizombies, anyway...

Such Warmizombies do not like it if you bring up questions making reference to thermodynamics, Boltzmann, Planck, and etc... They think that CO2 acts as a "magick one-way blanket" that can allow thermal energy from the Sun to pass through the "blanket" just fine, heating the rest of Earth, yet thermal energy from the rest of Earth somehow has issues passing back through that same "blanket" when it heats space (well, when it tries to heat space, anyway)... This then devolves into further Science denial, Mathematics denial, Logic denial... ...

duncan61 wrote:

Yup. This is the tipping point that is referred to in Global Warming Mythology. According to Settled Science, Climate will be forced to recreate the Christian 'Great Flood' ("global sea level" rising, "extreme weather", etc...) The funny part is that these same people will usually also deride Christians for believing that such a 'Great Flood' has happened in the past.

duncan61 wrote:
.Did I miss anything

That was a good start. IBD nailed the rest of it for ya.

Edited on 07-07-2020 19:09
07-07-2020 19:00
(5195)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
.Did I miss anything

Yes, you missed that Christians are morons for believing in the impossible Great Flood myth whereby the ocean somehow rose 15 cubits and extreme weather killed all life on the planet. That could not have even happened.

Christians should instead be getting onboard with Global Warming because if they don't, the ocean will rise 15 cubits by the end of the century and extreme weather will kill all life on the planet.

----------------------

You forgot to mention that for millenia humans have been expending much effort creating better and better bleaches, when all along all that was necessary to create the needed caustic chemicals was to change the water temperature around a coral reef!

----------------------

You omitted that the laws of thermodynamics are debunked in tmiddles' signature.

----------------------

You did not include that yes, Global Warming is a result of human activity, but not that of all humans ... only of conservative white male capitalists. Everyone else is a victim of that aforementioned scum and of the resulting Global Warming they cause.

----------------------

You forgot the tmiddles axiom: Atmospheres strictly make planets warmer and there is no daytime side of the moon.

... otherwise you have it nailed.

There will never be another great flood, God promised he would do it again... Which proves global warming is a satanic hoax. God would never lie, he loves us.

How can there be no daytime side of the moon. Doesn't he listen to Pink Floyd? Darkside of the Moon is pretty good.
07-07-2020 19:30
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
There will never be another great flood, God promised he would do it again...

According to Christianity, correct. There will never be another 'Great Flood'. Genesis 9 is quite clear about the covenant that God made with his creation, and it is also quite clear about the rainbow being a symbol of said covenant with his creation. Unfortunately, reprobate minds now regard the rainbow as a symbol of their pride for their sin of fornication.

HarveyH55 wrote:
How can there be no daytime side of the moon. Doesn't he listen to Pink Floyd? Darkside of the Moon is pretty good.

A 'dark side' of the moon would indeed imply that there is also a 'light side' of it.

I listen to Pink Floyd here and there. Was listening to Led Zeppelin on my drive to work this morning.
Edited on 07-07-2020 19:38
07-07-2020 19:46
(14378)
duncan61 wrote: Mankind has created more CO2 in the last 150 years than there was before

One thing that I forgot to mention. Our planet is very big and operates on scales that we can't fully grasp.

CO2 is a heavier molecule than either oxygen or nitrogen. As such, CO2 will eventually work its way towards the bottom of the atmosphere ... where all the plants are ... i.e. all the plants that will greedily scarf up any and all CO2 that makes it their way because our atmosphere is riding on dangerously low levels of CO2. There's a reason many greenhouses add vast amounts of CO2 to the air inside (hint: the objective is to have strong and healthy plants, not weak and lifeless ones). There is no quanitity of CO2 that we can put into the atmosphere that our planet's plantlife won't devour immediately.

... but you didn't necessarily forget this because it's not part of the official dogma.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-07-2020 01:11
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1029)
You also did not mention that CO2 is a trace gas. Atmosphere has approximally 1000 times less mass than water mass in the osceans. CO2 is 0,04% of the atmosphere so we could say that it has approximately more than 1million times less mass then the osceans. I live near a small lake, turns out that if I would belive the story of the CO2 heating up the osceans I should also belive that pouring a cup of coffe into the lake would rise its temperature a couple of degrees.
08-07-2020 01:42
(14378)
gfm7175 wrote: According to Christianity, correct. There will never be another 'Great Flood'. Genesis 9 is quite clear about the covenant that God made with his creation, and it is also quite clear about the rainbow being a symbol of said covenant with his creation.

This is an evil delight of mine in which I have indulged from time to time. Sometimes, upon encountering a firebrand warmizombie, I would explain that catastrophic Climate Change cannot happen because it has already happened and God promised in the Bible that he would never again allow it ... and that God is more powerful than any Climate goddess. This naturally pisses the wicked chit out of warmizombies and goads them into making a littany of stupid statements in mockery and bulverism ... then I dissect the stupid things they say like a kid digging into his Holloween candy.

I normally do this when I don't believe there are any other Christians around to possibly take offense and the anti-Christian vitriol that I cause to be unleashed. I would normally let Into the Night take over and handle those situations ... but I sure hang around for support.

I don't know why Christians don't always lead with the whole "God has promised" angle and then point to the zero discernible sea level rise since the late 19th century (thanks to duncan, it used to be "since 1940") as proof that Global Warming is powerless before God. It has the satisfying benefit of pissing off and yet humbling ashsole bullies.

08-07-2020 17:43
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: According to Christianity, correct. There will never be another 'Great Flood'. Genesis 9 is quite clear about the covenant that God made with his creation, and it is also quite clear about the rainbow being a symbol of said covenant with his creation.

This is an evil delight of mine in which I have indulged from time to time. Sometimes, upon encountering a firebrand warmizombie, I would explain that catastrophic Climate Change cannot happen because it has already happened and God promised in the Bible that he would never again allow it ... and that God is more powerful than any Climate goddess. This naturally pisses the wicked chit out of warmizombies and goads them into making a littany of stupid statements in mockery and bulverism ... then I dissect the stupid things they say like a kid digging into his Holloween candy.

I normally do this when I don't believe there are any other Christians around to possibly take offense and the anti-Christian vitriol that I cause to be unleashed. I would normally let Into the Night take over and handle those situations ... but I sure hang around for support.

I don't know why Christians don't always lead with the whole "God has promised" angle and then point to the zero discernible sea level rise since the late 19th century (thanks to duncan, it used to be "since 1940") as proof that Global Warming is powerless before God. It has the satisfying benefit of pissing off and yet humbling ashsole bullies.

Hahaha this is funny. Maybe I should start using it, as I am quite familiar with Christianity and it's teachings/beliefs...

God can kick Climate's ass any day of the week... Even Global Warming's...

Join the debate The Genesis:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
"... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.28521-07-2022 14:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact