Remember me
▼ Content

The EU and Climate Change

The EU and Climate Change27-06-2016 15:16
GingerShortcake
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
https://realandhappening.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/leaving-the-eu-environmental/

Could this bring about the renewal of policy in the UK and internationally or just destabilize climate change targets? With the UK leaving the EU it is possible that there will be implications worldwide in terms of climate change targets and the breaking up of directives and partnerships.
27-06-2016 20:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
GingerShortcake wrote:
https://realandhappening.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/leaving-the-eu-environmental/

Could this bring about the renewal of policy in the UK and internationally or just destabilize climate change targets? With the UK leaving the EU it is possible that there will be implications worldwide in terms of climate change targets and the breaking up of directives and partnerships.

Climate change targets are arbitrary goal numbers some bureaucrat comes up with in order for some region to 'meet' it, thus 'improving' the environment.

This is micro-management at it's worst. It is attempting to force people into an arbitrary model of what should be, rather than simply accepting what is and suggesting more efficient and cleaner ways to do things.

Our environment in most parts of the world has improved quite dramatically. This is been because of the success of private investments, such as the invention of monitoring devices in things like smokestacks and introducing feedback mechanisms that makes use of these devices. No government invented these devices.

Similarly, the introduction of technology such as a simple tube and valve feeding exhaust gases back up into the induction system of a gasoline engine did a lot to reduce pollution by reducing the peak burn temperature inside the cylinder while keeping the average temperature high. Again, a technology created by private investments.

With the UK leaving the EU, it will mean the EU can no longer control the UK. It will also mean the UK can no longer control the EU. The overall effect will probably be next to nil.

Targets do not improve the environment. Technology does that. People like me do that.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-06-2016 16:25
GingerShortcake
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
Though wouldn't you agree it is the co-operation between governments that allow these new technologies and measures to be rolled out?
28-06-2016 20:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14388)
GingerShortcake wrote:
Though wouldn't you agree it is the co-operation between governments that allow these new technologies and measures to be rolled out?

I certainly would not agree. No government is required for new technology to be developed.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-06-2016 20:50
GingerShortcake
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
I'm saying companies DEVELOP the technology, and it is the governments that have the power to create legislation etc.
"Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate." Lol.
28-06-2016 22:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
GingerShortcake wrote:
I'm saying companies DEVELOP the technology, and it is the governments that have the power to create legislation etc.
"Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate." Lol.

No government is required to develop technology. That would presuppose they have the technology themselves to begin with. They don't.

Like I said, a lot of these guys in government have trouble finding Hawaii on a map. Far from being are best and brightest, it seems to be where we get to vote who to send to the insane asylum.

Governments create nothing. They are buyers of technology, but they do not create any.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-09-2016 12:32
SerhiiFed
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Eah, but does anybidy remember Aral? Scientific paper on this http://mmse.xyz/en/monitoring-the-natural-factors-influence-on-vegetation-development-by-using-moderate-resolution-imaging-spectroradiometer-modis-images-with-obia-method-in-uzbekistan/
02-09-2016 12:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14388)
SerhiiFed wrote: Eah, but does anybidy remember Aral?

No one will remember it. There is no such thing as "anthropogenic effects."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate The EU and Climate Change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
EU expansion and other things514-06-2021 06:17
East EU temperatures skyrocketed since last year203-02-2020 19:14
EU Parliament Climate Emergency vote2802-12-2019 19:15
Big push! Letter from the building sector to the EU Commission1906-10-2015 00:56
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact