Remember me
▼ Content

The Data Mine

Page 8 of 8<<<678
18-07-2019 20:00
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:I would appreciate it if you could either refrain from posting to me, in response to anything I post, or at least make your posts smaller when you feel you must post.

You don't get to decide that. I do.

You think?

Add to tmiddle's list a lack of a basic understanding of how message boards work.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-07-2019 03:18
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Off topic Trolls
19-07-2019 03:54
(14406)
tmiddles wrote:
Off topic Trolls

From The MANUAL:

Denier or Troll: noun
Non-believer; anyone who does not accept Climate Science or who is even willing to express opinions that differ from the Marxist party line. Deniers and Trolls are analogous to "orcs" in the Lord of the Rings.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-07-2019 04:04
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:

Off topic
19-07-2019 04:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Off topic

I determine what is off topic here, not you. This is the Data Mine.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2022 04:07
(14406)
I had to dig up the Data Mine and make an entry. It's a related mix of science and data. I want to make a post that covers the evaporation of moisture droplets.

My main objective is to give a quick reference for moisture droplets relative size and evaporation rates (see attached below):

Notice that when discussing COVID and "moisture droplets" ... the context is between 10 - 40 microns.

So when someone talks about facemasks as though they halt the progress of viruses in moisture ... as though that moisture never evaporates ... and thus facemasks somehow "help" ... you can remind him that water still evaporates and that the small percentage of viruses that happen to be in droplets are only "delayed" momentarily per the above charts roughly.

If you are interested in mathematical models, look at the following:

This DOCUMENT contains a crapload of mathematical models for evaporation rates that consider the size and stationary/velocity of a droplet along with the temperature, pressure and humidity of the surrounding atmosphere.

It is exceedingly boring, ... but it has the models.

... and if you enjoyed that one, you'll LOVE This ONE.
Attached image:

08-02-2022 08:05
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
If you are still able to breath with the mask on, then the virus has a path. What a mask will do, is catch some larger particles in the air, so the virus has a quicker path into your lungs. Less crap to get stuck in the mucus coating to cough up more frequently. Our body, if healthy, and well hydrated, has a great, built in filtration system. Like anything else, if you don't maintain it, it falters and fails. Masks were a stupid idea, and more of a health crisis, than the virus. They restrict airflow, and volume, both in and out. We need to move a certain volume of air, depending on the activity. How many athletes wear masks while competing? Performers? Politicians are the exception, since masks help hide the facial indications, that they are lying to you. Biden, triple vaccinated, still wears a mask, when reading lies off the teleprompter screen. Mask-less, he's rambling, and mumbling, as expected of a man his age...
08-02-2022 08:48
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:

Data collection began in 1958 and continues through today. This data is compensated for using reference stations away from volcanic plumes to remove the effects of local Mauna Loa volcanic activity. Data collected by NOAA and the Mauna Loa observatory. This graph shows CO2 content has increased from 318ppm to 400ppm (an increase of 22ppm over a span of 57 years). The increase is amazingly smooth, with variations due to seasonal changes.

The metholodogy of collection is to slowly pump air through a small cylindrical cell with flat windows on both ends. Infrared light is transmitted through one window, through the cell, through the second window, and is measured by a detector that is sensitive to infrared radiation. Calibration of the instrument is against references of known CO2 concentration samples.

Included to get this out of the way up front.

Welcome to CLIMATE-DEBATE.COM

Let's keep things on topic

Above ITN presents some ON TOPIC Data.
08-02-2022 10:09
(21597)
IBdaMann wrote:
I had to dig up the Data Mine and make an entry. It's a related mix of science and data. I want to make a post that covers the evaporation of moisture droplets.

My main objective is to give a quick reference for moisture droplets relative size and evaporation rates (see attached below):

Notice that when discussing COVID and "moisture droplets" ... the context is between 10 - 40 microns.

So when someone talks about facemasks as though they halt the progress of viruses in moisture ... as though that moisture never evaporates ... and thus facemasks somehow "help" ... you can remind him that water still evaporates and that the small percentage of viruses that happen to be in droplets are only "delayed" momentarily per the above charts roughly.

If you are interested in mathematical models, look at the following:

This DOCUMENT contains a crapload of mathematical models for evaporation rates that consider the size and stationary/velocity of a droplet along with the temperature, pressure and humidity of the surrounding atmosphere.

It is exceedingly boring, ... but it has the models.

... and if you enjoyed that one, you'll LOVE This ONE.

Well researched. It matches all the requirements of the Data Mine. I hereby accept this data as accurately collected. Your conclusion too is well reasoned.

My compliments for all the work you did in researching this. It is also interesting that the initial study was done in 1941, well before any claims on how well masks stop covid19.

Oh...and I did not find the papers boring at all. Quite interesting in fact. This apparatus somewhat reminds me of a similar apparatus used for Millikan's oil drop experiment, which was used to measure the charge of an electron. The difference of course was the fluid used and the purpose of the experiment.

I recommend you post this information along with relevant links in the reference section of politiplex.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 08-02-2022 10:15
08-02-2022 10:16
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
If you are still able to breath with the mask on, then the virus has a path. What a mask will do, is catch some larger particles in the air, so the virus has a quicker path into your lungs. Less crap to get stuck in the mucus coating to cough up more frequently. Our body, if healthy, and well hydrated, has a great, built in filtration system. Like anything else, if you don't maintain it, it falters and fails. Masks were a stupid idea, and more of a health crisis, than the virus. They restrict airflow, and volume, both in and out. We need to move a certain volume of air, depending on the activity. How many athletes wear masks while competing? Performers? Politicians are the exception, since masks help hide the facial indications, that they are lying to you. Biden, triple vaccinated, still wears a mask, when reading lies off the teleprompter screen. Mask-less, he's rambling, and mumbling, as expected of a man his age...

Worse, masks can and do harbor bacteria and fungi and can themselves cause conditions favorable to pneumonia. Use of more than a couple of hours is NOT recommended.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 08-02-2022 10:26
08-02-2022 10:25
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Data collection began in 1958 and continues through today. This data is compensated for using reference stations away from volcanic plumes to remove the effects of local Mauna Loa volcanic activity. Data collected by NOAA and the Mauna Loa observatory. This graph shows CO2 content has increased from 318ppm to 400ppm (an increase of 22ppm over a span of 57 years). The increase is amazingly smooth, with variations due to seasonal changes.

The metholodogy of collection is to slowly pump air through a small cylindrical cell with flat windows on both ends. Infrared light is transmitted through one window, through the cell, through the second window, and is measured by a detector that is sensitive to infrared radiation. Calibration of the instrument is against references of known CO2 concentration samples.

Welcome to CLIMATE-DEBATE.COM

Let's keep things on topic

Above ITN presents some ON TOPIC Data.

I decide what is on topic and no one else. This is the Data Mine.
I have already pointed out the flaw in this 'data' and it's method of collection. Go back and read the Data Mine to discover why.

This set of numbers is collected from a single source on the Big Island of Hawaii. The collection station is surrounded by active volcanoes. Volcanoes are known to emit carbon dioxide. The station has no valid reference point. Worse still, the variances from the volcanoes (all volcanoes vary the amount of CO2 emitted over time) do NOT appear in the data, which can only mean the data has been cooked. It is utterly useless for any statistical summary.

I have also pointed out that this station does not measure global atmospheric CO2. That is not possible to measure.

I put it in the Data Mine since the source is known, the method of collection is known, the time period is known, the purpose of collection is known, and the authority collecting the data is known. It therefore is information acceptable to be presented in the Data Mine, and I have already commented on it's flaws.

In other words, it is data, but it is not the data your are looking for.

The Parrot Killer

08-02-2022 23:06
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
I decide what is on topic and no one else.
Only because the board lacks a moderator. This is why you get kicked of boards that do.

Please read these guidelines before posting on Climate-Debate.com:

1) Stay inside the scope
Climate-Debate.com is about climate change and related questions. If you want to discuss other topics, then you are welcome to do so in the Off Topic area (see the forum overview)....

https://www.climate-debate.com/guidelines.php
08-02-2022 23:11
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
I decide what is on topic and no one else.
Only because the board lacks a moderator.
...deleted off topic irrelevancy...

Branner is the moderator, being the forum owner.
I created this thread. I set the rules for data in this thread. I am the moderator of this thread.

The Parrot Killer

08-02-2022 23:16
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:...I am the moderator of this thread.

Off topic material belongs in the off topic area.

And we have no active mod or you'd have been banned long ago.
08-02-2022 23:22
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:...I am the moderator of this thread.

...deleted off topic material...

The Data Mine is the topic. You obviously have no data.

The Parrot Killer

08-02-2022 23:23
(14406)
tmiddles wrote:And we have no active mod or you'd have been banned long ago.

Incorrect. Wrong words, as usual.

You mean "And we have no Leftist censor or you'd have been banned long ago."

We do, in fact, have a moderator, Branner, who does a great job. He allows free-flowing communication without censorship. He even permits you to waste this board's bandwidth disrupting discussion while adding no value.

If he didn't, you'd have been banned long ago.
Attached image:

Edited on 08-02-2022 23:24
08-02-2022 23:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:And we have no active mod or you'd have been banned long ago.

Incorrect. Wrong words, as usual.

You mean "And we have no Leftist censor or you'd have been banned long ago."

We do, in fact, have a moderator, Branner, who does a great job. He allows free-flowing communication without censorship. He even permits you to waste this board's bandwidth disrupting discussion while adding no value.

If he didn't, you'd have been banned long ago.

All provided ad-free, spam free (one exception the Savior), membership is free. The man deserves some appreciation for providing a truly free forum.

I don't mind the Savior posts, jut too many threads, and repetitious. Some are actually interesting and entertaining.
08-02-2022 23:56
(14406)
Into the Night wrote:The Data Mine is the topic. You obviously have no data.

This should come as no surprise. tmiddles thinks that a handful of different transmissions of a few uncalibrated (presumed) measurements, each separated by long periods of time from unspecified locations ... is a valid dataset that makes the temperature of Venus "what we know."

tmiddles has fought tooth-and-nail against every request for valid data, insisting that we should simply accept his omniscience on the matter.

In the red corner, weighing in at 247 lbs, the reigning, defending, undisputed heavyweight champion, Valid Data.

... and in the blue corner, weighing in at 78 lbs, fighting out of Stealanelection, Georgia, the challenger tmiddles.

Place your bets.

Oh, and since this is the Data Mine where Into the Night determines what is appropriate, I'd like to attach some visual data as a quick reference of tmiddles' past support ... again, just as a quick reference:
Attached image:

Edited on 09-02-2022 00:10
09-02-2022 04:14
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
...request for valid data, ...

Here you go:
Into the Night wrote:

09-02-2022 07:17
(14406)
tmiddles wrote:
Here you go:
Into the Night wrote:

Dishonesty by omission. Into the Night clarified with crystal clarity that the context was the excellent accuracy of the equipment (one of the requirements of the Data Mine) vs. the invalid nature of the cooked data .(one of the prohibitions of the Data Mine) ... and you have deliberately omitted that clarification.

The first time you tried to pass this deception by omission off, despite knowing full well the context of the matter because you were being schooled on engineering tolerances vs. margin of error, Into the Night did the legwork to find the context and to post it for you.

Now you are here again, posting the same deception by omission as though you were never told of the clarification.

Into the Night is completely correct and you don't deserve the time of day.
09-02-2022 08:28
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:...Included to get this out of the way up front.
...cooked data ....

Yes we've been through this. ITN presented what you call cooked data, though never mentioned it at the time. But he did it to "get this out of the way up front."

That's how much sense you guys make.

Also you're calling it data but yet:
IBdaMann wrote:That chart ... is a chart! It's not data.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
09-02-2022 09:16
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted Mantras 10j...lie...39n...39p...10j...

Off topic. Trolling. No data presented. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

09-02-2022 19:48
(14406)
tmiddles wrote:Yes we've been through this. ITN presented what you call cooked data, though never mentioned it at the time.

Who do you think is going to believe you?

On 18-12-2018 Into the Night wrote: Mauna Loa in particular has an additional problem. It is know that they are cooking their data.

On 25-03-2019 Into the Night wrote: What record? Oh...you mean that cooked data Mauna Loa is putting out?

23-01-2020 Into the Night wrote concerning the Mauna Loa chart:
Cooked data. Useless. Volcanic activity in the area is not showing on the graph.

Into the Night has always maintained that the instrumentation at the Mauna Loa observatory is spectacular for its accuracy, but that the people cook the data and produce garbage to be used by political actors for political purposes.

Once you realized that you weren't going to confuse anyone by conflating the accuracy of the equipment with the doctoring of the data by people, you pivoted and demanded Into the Night explain why he chose the accurate equipment at Mauna Loa as examples of accurate instrumentation when people were thereafter cooking the resulting data.

Boy was that stupid on your part.

So here we are again, with you attempting round #2 of the exact same conflation to see if you can fool ... who?

Do you think you're going to fool me? You know that I'm going to explain this everywhere you try to be dishonest on this topic.

09-02-2022 21:18
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:Yes we've been through this. ITN presented what you call cooked data, though never mentioned it at the time.

Who do you think is going to believe you?

On 18-12-2018 Into the Night wrote: Mauna Loa in particular has an additional problem. It is know that they are cooking their data.

On 25-03-2019 Into the Night wrote: What record? Oh...you mean that cooked data Mauna Loa is putting out?

23-01-2020 Into the Night wrote concerning the Mauna Loa chart:
Cooked data. Useless. Volcanic activity in the area is not showing on the graph.

Into the Night has always maintained that the instrumentation at the Mauna Loa observatory is spectacular for its accuracy, but that the people cook the data and produce garbage to be used by political actors for political purposes.

Once you realized that you weren't going to confuse anyone by conflating the accuracy of the equipment with the doctoring of the data by people, you pivoted and demanded Into the Night explain why he chose the accurate equipment at Mauna Loa as examples of accurate instrumentation when people were thereafter cooking the resulting data.

Boy was that stupid on your part.

So here we are again, with you attempting round #2 of the exact same conflation to see if you can fool ... who?

Do you think you're going to fool me? You know that I'm going to explain this everywhere you try to be dishonest on this topic.

tmiddles failed to fool me. Gonna have to do better than that tmiddles...
Page 8 of 8<<<678

Join the debate The Data Mine:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Real Perspective on Warming - NASA Data1025-04-2024 06:24
CDC Data Reveals. Majority of COVID-19 Deaths in America Occur Among the Vaccinated & Boosted030-11-2022 20:38
Could space debris be a challenge for collecting data on climate change?1023-03-2021 04:28
Darwin Airport homogenizing of temperature data3620-10-2020 20:28
80 year moving average data8813-05-2020 01:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact