Remember me
▼ Content

The Changing Climate of Public Opinion

The Changing Climate of Public Opinion24-07-2019 18:39
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://hackaday.com/2019/07/23/the-great-moon-hoax-no-not-that-one/

The comment section after the article will make you proud...

The article itself, is about hoaxes started in the media, how fast they spread, and alter public opinion. Of course, the comments went to more modern hoaxes, and faster media technology, Climate Change. A few months ago, any comment left on Hack-A-Day, that denied Climate Change, was usually delete quickly. Past month, they stopped doing that, but a lot of condescending remarks. This article's comments regarding Climate Change, are very encouraging. I didn't even start it off this time, quite a few people pointing out the inconsistencies, and poor science. It's simpler to believe the truth, lies just keep getting more complicated, harder to understand and believe.

Anyway, maybe it looks better to me, since I've been reading Hack-A-Day, pretty much from the start (years), it's about technology/science type stuff, but it's more about ways people put together things, they could never afford, or never existed before, cheap. I'd don't usually even read the comments, kind of clueless troll-ism, from too many book-smart individuals, with no imagination, or creativity, and apparently a mountain of student debt. They seem to think of everything as commercial product development, and parts and modules you can buy ready made. The idea of throwing together something with parts on hand, or easy to source locally, just for fun, or proof the idea could work, just doesn't sink in. Basically, when I start seeing encouraging comments on Climate Change, less regurgitated scripture, weak rebuttals, I feel pretty good. Some of these smart college kids are starting to see the truth. Maybe they'll also learn that book-smart, is just a part of actually being smart.

Anyway, I don't believe you need to signup to leave comments. They do require an Email address, but not sure if it's validated in anyway. I've never gotten anything from that site, but never check my spam folder either...
24-07-2019 20:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
HarveyH55 wrote:

[ .. snip ..]

Anyway, I don't believe you need to signup to leave comments. They do require an Email address, but not sure if it's validated in anyway. I've never gotten anything from that site, but never check my spam folder either...

Thank you. I left some comments.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2019 23:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

The comment section after the article will make you proud...

The article itself, is about hoaxes started in the media, how fast they spread, and alter public opinion. Of course, the comments went to more modern hoaxes, and faster media technology, Climate Change. A few months ago, any comment left on Hack-A-Day, that denied Climate Change, was usually delete quickly. Past month, they stopped doing that, but a lot of condescending remarks. This article's comments regarding Climate Change, are very encouraging. I didn't even start it off this time, quite a few people pointing out the inconsistencies, and poor science. It's simpler to believe the truth, lies just keep getting more complicated, harder to understand and believe.

Anyway, maybe it looks better to me, since I've been reading Hack-A-Day, pretty much from the start (years), it's about technology/science type stuff, but it's more about ways people put together things, they could never afford, or never existed before, cheap. I'd don't usually even read the comments, kind of clueless troll-ism, from too many book-smart individuals, with no imagination, or creativity, and apparently a mountain of student debt. They seem to think of everything as commercial product development, and parts and modules you can buy ready made. The idea of throwing together something with parts on hand, or easy to source locally, just for fun, or proof the idea could work, just doesn't sink in. Basically, when I start seeing encouraging comments on Climate Change, less regurgitated scripture, weak rebuttals, I feel pretty good. Some of these smart college kids are starting to see the truth. Maybe they'll also learn that book-smart, is just a part of actually being smart.

And yet when I asked about their contest you had no idea what I was talking about. Not sure how you missed that one.
25-07-2019 01:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James___ wrote:

And yet when I asked about their contest you had no idea what I was talking about. Not sure how you missed that one.

I read the articles, the featured projects, and not even all of them, just what sparks an interest. When the contests end, I seldom even read the article about the winners. I still don't know how the contests work, could get into that area, when you ask before, just got to part where you submit an entry. Would let me see what had already been entered. I still have no idea about your project you wanted to submit... Then again, I've know a long time, I'll never know all there is to learn, about anything. Kind of why I never went back to college, didn't make a lot of sense spending all that time and money, struggling to learn, every little detail, of things I'd most likely never have any use for. I wanted to spend my time and money doing the things that interested me, and I could learn what I wanted and needed outside a classroom, independently , basically for free. I like to build ad create, not just read about it.

Join the debate The Changing Climate of Public Opinion:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Training Course on climate change adaptation in a changing environment3516-06-2023 15:26
The Best Public Way To End The COVID Pandemic Is Using Climate Change Reason625-04-2023 19:50
How Big Oil Companies Tried To Hide Climate Change From the Public For Decades - THE BIG COVER-UP123-04-2023 08:28
The Correct Public Strategy Solutions For The Climate Change Problem103-11-2022 20:09
BREAKING NEWS. Adolph Hitler's Son has just come clean and gone public. This is historic003-09-2022 19:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact