Remember me
▼ Content

The ACTUAL Percentage of Atmospheric CO2



Page 1 of 212>
The ACTUAL Percentage of Atmospheric CO223-07-2020 16:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
At the moment, duncan61 awaits his CO2 meter so he can take actual measurements of atmospheric CO2.

The warmizombie propaganda, published in Wikipedia, which cites cooked data from the Mauna Loa Observatory located on site at an active volcano belching vast amounts of CO2 which are orders of magnitude higher than the atmospheric average, numbers which are then fudged/altered further upwards for the purposes of generating fear and panic, claims that the global average CO2 level exceeds 413 ppm.

From Wikipedia - "Carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere"

Following the start of the Industrial Revolution, atmospheric CO2 concentration increased to over 400 parts per million and continues to increase, causing the phenomenon of Global Warming. As of April 2019, the average monthly level of CO2 in Earth's atmosphere exceeded 413 parts per million. The daily average concentration of atmospheric CO2 at Mauna Loa Observatory first exceeded 400 ppm on 10 May 2013


I have not taken any measurements myself, however my expertise on the utter dishonesty of Marxists/leftists/warmizombies gives me a reassuring confidence that the true value is somewhere under 300 ppm.

Fortunately duncan61 will be taking some tangible, concrete measurements with a device rated at a tolerance of +/-40 ppm. This thread will be a great place for him to put his findings.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2020 03:54
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
Thanks superstar.When I buy on Ebay I normally get a released from ware house notification and a tracking code.At this point I have not had anything.
24-07-2020 03:56
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
I have zero interest in Covid and BLM so its good to be on track again.
24-07-2020 04:04
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
duncan61 wrote:
Thanks superstar.When I buy on Ebay I normally get a released from ware house notification and a tracking code.At this point I have not had anything.


I haven't used Ebay since the early days when they first started pushing PayPal. When are order some electronics off Amazon, and wasn't too careful about checking the seller, no shipping email in a week, almost always means it's on the slow boat from China, 4-6 weeks...
24-07-2020 04:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Thanks superstar.When I buy on Ebay I normally get a released from ware house notification and a tracking code.At this point I have not had anything.


I haven't used Ebay since the early days when they first started pushing PayPal. When are order some electronics off Amazon, and wasn't too careful about checking the seller, no shipping email in a week, almost always means it's on the slow boat from China, 4-6 weeks...

Harvey, the same thought occurred to me as well. duncan61 might be waiting a while to receive the goods.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2020 05:37
James___
★★★★★
(3292)
duncan61 wrote:
I have zero interest in Covid and BLM so its good to be on track again.



There is no back on track. What you posted has nothing to do with the topic.
The actual level of CO2 depends on what statistical analysis that you accept.
24-07-2020 05:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have zero interest in Covid and BLM so its good to be on track again.

There is no back on track. What you posted has nothing to do with the topic.
The actual level of CO2 depends on what statistical analysis that you accept.

The measurement depends only on the meter that he has.

duncan61 hasn't even gotten his meter and his CO2 measurement thread is already growing. Eventually it will contain some measurements. It will be glorious.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2020 10:33
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have zero interest in Covid and BLM so its good to be on track again.



There is no back on track. What you posted has nothing to do with the topic.
The actual level of CO2 depends on what statistical analysis that you accept.


Statistical analysis is a tool, which be used to help, or misused to confuse. Computer models can be a useful tool, but they aren't God's All Seeing Eye, and give anyone the power to see past, present, and future.

Getting back om track...

How do we know the volume of the atmosphere? It's really sort of arbitrary concept, since it's size and shape is exactly set, and likely flexible in the upper limit, since there is no physical barrier. I don't think the 0.04% CO2 is accurate, since pretty much all the gasses and vapors, never remain the same levels. It's a very dynamic world we live in. Right now, Florida is experiencing high humidity, near 100%. Not likely it's the same, for the entire planet. CO2 is always going to measure higher, near sources, lower near places that consume a lot (vegetation, like forests or farms). It's really misleading to reduce most of this to a single numeric value, and claiming it settled, and unchanging. The values actually are changing all the time.
24-07-2020 17:22
James___
★★★★★
(3292)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have zero interest in Covid and BLM so its good to be on track again.



There is no back on track. What you posted has nothing to do with the topic.
The actual level of CO2 depends on what statistical analysis that you accept.


Statistical analysis is a tool, which be used to help, or misused to confuse. Computer models can be a useful tool, but they aren't God's All Seeing Eye, and give anyone the power to see past, present, and future.

Getting back om track...

How do we know the volume of the atmosphere? It's really sort of arbitrary concept, since it's size and shape is exactly set, and likely flexible in the upper limit, since there is no physical barrier. I don't think the 0.04% CO2 is accurate, since pretty much all the gasses and vapors, never remain the same levels. It's a very dynamic world we live in. Right now, Florida is experiencing high humidity, near 100%. Not likely it's the same, for the entire planet. CO2 is always going to measure higher, near sources, lower near places that consume a lot (vegetation, like forests or farms). It's really misleading to reduce most of this to a single numeric value, and claiming it settled, and unchanging. The values actually are changing all the time.



Kind of why I mentioned creating a grid over the entire planet. Then everything could be measured at the same locations day after day, month after month and year after year. Then we'd find out if a trend exists.
And if this current warming is anything like the Roman Warm Period then around 2400 in the common era (A.D.) things might start getting cool again.
24-07-2020 18:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
James___ wrote: Kind of why I mentioned creating a grid over the entire planet.

James__, we already have that. It's called Latitude-Longitude. We can geographically survey. We've got that covered.

James___ wrote:Then everything could be measured at the same locations day after day, month after month and year after year.

Isn't that great! We can do that already.

James___ wrote: Then we'd find out if a trend exists.

Whoaaaaa, hold on a second there. A trend in what? Weather? There are no trends in weather. Weather is random.

In order to determine an increase in the global average temperature you must measure the global average temperature ... and we cannot do that to any usable accuracy, i.e. we would necessarily conclude zero temperature increase because any potential change will be less than our margin of error which therefore eliminates it from being any sort of valid conclusion.

We would have to take the tgoebbles path of "just knowing" that an increase in temperature is "what we know" ... and we could just point to the Soviet Venera program and ask the doubtful why they deny the well-documented existence of the Soviet Union ... and we could explain that we have no reason to distrust "what they knew." We can rebut every question with "that's debunked in my sig."

James___ wrote: And if this current warming is anything like the Roman Warm Period

So when it becomes apparent that the earth is cooling, we won't be able to say that the decrease in the sun's magnetic field somehow did not give us a huge advance warning.

James___ wrote: then around 2400 in the common era (A.D.) things might start getting cool again.

... or since things are cooling right now due to decreasing solar activity that humans will be able to notice in 2060 when comparing to 2000 data.

Cooling. You won't be able to claim that it somehow "came out of nowhere without any warning whatsoever."

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2020 19:16
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
Why does it even matter if it's warming, or cooling? We have absolutely no control or influence. We'll dress appropriately, install whatever environmental control we need in our homes. Maybe do a little indoor gardening (not the smokeable kind). We can't alter the course, nor do we understand all that crap near well enough, to be messing it up. We can adapt the way we live, and survive comfortably. Besides, I get the impression that if the vaccines fail, we are all going to die of Covid-19 next year anyway... Regardless of who wins the November election, civil war is assured. About half the country is tired of the democrat crap politics, and going to be pissed if Trump loses, because of it. Democrats are all fueled up to take over the country, one way or another. Good thing the 2nd Amendment is still as popular as ever.
24-07-2020 19:49
James___
★★★★★
(3292)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Why does it even matter if it's warming, or cooling? We have absolutely no control or influence. We'll dress appropriately, install whatever environmental control we need in our homes. Maybe do a little indoor gardening (not the smokeable kind). We can't alter the course, nor do we understand all that crap near well enough, to be messing it up. We can adapt the way we live, and survive comfortably. Besides, I get the impression that if the vaccines fail, we are all going to die of Covid-19 next year anyway... Regardless of who wins the November election, civil war is assured. About half the country is tired of the democrat crap politics, and going to be pissed if Trump loses, because of it. Democrats are all fueled up to take over the country, one way or another. Good thing the 2nd Amendment is still as popular as ever.



I happen to like Star Trek. And science as well. Kind of why I'm learning math.
I used to have Christians tell me that instead of my doing something that I could pray that someone else could do it instead.
This calculator can tell you how far the Earth is from the Sun on any given day in any given year. The periods are to maintain spacing. Distances are in AUs (astronomical units).
..........................1900..............2020
For June 21.....1.01640........1.01629


For Dec 21......0.98359........0.98371

As the numbers clearly show, the Earth's orbit has become slightly more circular. Is it possible that when the Earth moves further away from the Sun that it cools? It does and by using the inverse square rule in mathematics, the Earth because of it's more circular orbit is exposed to more incoming solar IR from the Sun.
And now maybe it's time for me to get back to my life.

http://www.instesre.org/Aerosols/sol_calc.htm
24-07-2020 20:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
HarveyH55 wrote:Why does it even matter if it's warming, or cooling?

It doesn't matter to you because you are polite.

I mention "Global Cooling" every chance I get because it enflames the religious sensitivities of the warmizombies.

Someone like me can aspire to be more like you, but until that day arrives, the sun's magnetic field is weakening and that signals decreasing solar output which means there is global cooling occurring, perceptible or not ... and that is beautiful, glorious sacrilege.

HarveyH55 wrote: We have absolutely no control or influence.

Correct. You are wise beyond your years. Of course, you are not suffering from any delusion that you are some sort of superhero who could save the planet if only there were a supervillain to be slain through taxation and the destruction of capitalism.

HarveyH55 wrote: About half the country is tired of the democrat crap politics, and going to be pissed if Trump loses, because of it.

I think we're going to have to wait until Trump's November landslide victory for it to be revealed that the vast bulk of the country is pissed and that all the polls were a complete sham.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2020 22:04
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1239)
IBdaMann wrote:
I think we're going to have to wait until Trump's November landslide victory for it to be revealed that the vast bulk of the country is pissed and that all the polls were a complete sham.


.

Exactly. Having my "boots on the ground" in much of South and Central Wisconsin, I can tell you as a matter of fact that Biden is most certainly NOT "leading" Trump by ~8 points or so in Wisconsin. Outside of Dane and Milwaukee Counties (and Columbia County, which was basically half and half, as they typically are), it is a SEA of Trump signs, and not always just the mass manufactured kind like you see for Biden in Dane and Milwaukee Counties. Plenty of people have even put in the effort to make up their own custom signs, some of them quite large and extensively detailed. I can even still remember this Winter when people carved a large "Trump 2020" text into the ice of Lake Winnebago, and this spring when some fields had "Trump 2020" mowed into them.

Trump won't win WI in a landslide by any means, but I do think that he will once again squeak out a victory in the Badger State and surprise the pollsters and pundits alike.
Edited on 24-07-2020 22:06
25-07-2020 01:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13500)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have zero interest in Covid and BLM so its good to be on track again.



There is no back on track. What you posted has nothing to do with the topic.
The actual level of CO2 depends on what statistical analysis that you accept.


Statistical analysis is a tool, which be used to help, or misused to confuse.

Statistical mathematics is simply a branch of mathematics. James is not talking about statistical mathematics. Discussing averages like CO2 content and temperature is not using statistical mathematics either. Such discussions deny statistical mathematics.

It is used often as a buzzword, like 'science' and 'expert', in an effort to somehow legitimize religious and political arguments.

HarveyH55 wrote:
Computer models can be a useful tool, but they aren't God's All Seeing Eye, and give anyone the power to see past, present, and future.

Depends on the model. One founded in actual mathematics is very useful. Such models as aerodynamic modelling of airflow over a proposed wing design, stress analysis of mechanical designs, heat flow models of air through a proposed electronic device, are all models that we can use to design more efficient houses, mechanical devices, aircraft, cars, etc.

Models based on past patterns or probability mathematics are somewhat useful, but as always, probability mathematics as well as statistical mathematics is incapable of the power of prediction normally inherent in mathematics due to their use of random numbers. All these models can do is help determine probabilities. It cannot predict.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Getting back om track...

How do we know the volume of the atmosphere?
That actually depends on how you define 'atmosphere.' We do have the ability to measure atmospheric pressure, which is how much a column of air weighs. Under standard conditions, engineers use the value of 14.7apsi.
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's really sort of arbitrary concept, since it's size and shape is exactly set, and likely flexible in the upper limit, since there is no physical barrier.
There is no 'top'. The atmosphere just thins away into space. Again, it comes down to defining what you consider 'the atmosphere'.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think the 0.04% CO2 is accurate, since pretty much all the gasses and vapors, never remain the same levels.

Here you are correct. CO2 is not uniformly distributed in the atmosphere.
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's a very dynamic world we live in. Right now, Florida is experiencing high humidity, near 100%. Not likely it's the same, for the entire planet. CO2 is always going to measure higher, near sources, lower near places that consume a lot (vegetation, like forests or farms). It's really misleading to reduce most of this to a single numeric value, and claiming it settled, and unchanging. The values actually are changing all the time.

Again correct. It changes with the seasons, with altitude, with proximity to sources and sinks, and even with air pressure changes.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-07-2020 01:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13500)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I think we're going to have to wait until Trump's November landslide victory for it to be revealed that the vast bulk of the country is pissed and that all the polls were a complete sham.


.

Exactly. Having my "boots on the ground" in much of South and Central Wisconsin, I can tell you as a matter of fact that Biden is most certainly NOT "leading" Trump by ~8 points or so in Wisconsin. Outside of Dane and Milwaukee Counties (and Columbia County, which was basically half and half, as they typically are), it is a SEA of Trump signs, and not always just the mass manufactured kind like you see for Biden in Dane and Milwaukee Counties. Plenty of people have even put in the effort to make up their own custom signs, some of them quite large and extensively detailed. I can even still remember this Winter when people carved a large "Trump 2020" text into the ice of Lake Winnebago, and this spring when some fields had "Trump 2020" mowed into them.

Trump won't win WI in a landslide by any means, but I do think that he will once again squeak out a victory in the Badger State and surprise the pollsters and pundits alike.


So long as he wins.

In the end, it's the vote of the Electoral College that will decide the President.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-07-2020 05:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1239)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I think we're going to have to wait until Trump's November landslide victory for it to be revealed that the vast bulk of the country is pissed and that all the polls were a complete sham.


.

Exactly. Having my "boots on the ground" in much of South and Central Wisconsin, I can tell you as a matter of fact that Biden is most certainly NOT "leading" Trump by ~8 points or so in Wisconsin. Outside of Dane and Milwaukee Counties (and Columbia County, which was basically half and half, as they typically are), it is a SEA of Trump signs, and not always just the mass manufactured kind like you see for Biden in Dane and Milwaukee Counties. Plenty of people have even put in the effort to make up their own custom signs, some of them quite large and extensively detailed. I can even still remember this Winter when people carved a large "Trump 2020" text into the ice of Lake Winnebago, and this spring when some fields had "Trump 2020" mowed into them.

Trump won't win WI in a landslide by any means, but I do think that he will once again squeak out a victory in the Badger State and surprise the pollsters and pundits alike.


So long as he wins.

In the end, it's the vote of the Electoral College that will decide the President.

If the Dims allow Biden onto a debate stage, Biden is toast... I will DEFINITELY make sure to tune in to that can of whoop-ass each and every time, purely for entertainment value.
25-07-2020 06:02
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
I think Joe's gaffe problem, is stress induced, sort of like people who stutter. The DNC doctors probably medicate him some, just to maybe get through 20-30 campaign rallies. He screws up even in a friendly crowd, when asked questions, he's a little sensitive about. Pretty much why i'm pretty sure Joe and Hunter did some stuff in the Ukraine, that worries him. People who stutter, have a difficult time lying and deceiving. The stress triggers the stuttering. I don't debate, but I'm pretty sure I could destroy Biden on stage, and not even be that obvious about it.

The DNC will have to get Biden on stage, on TV interviews, speaking live. Videos don't carry that much weight. Joe has mental and physical heath concerns, that people need to know won't effect his ability to perform as president. With mail-in ballots, the democrats might get past the problem of getting their voters enthusiastic enough to vote, but Republicans care, and will turn out in vast numbers, will also do mail-in. Republicans anticipate fraud, and all kinds of underhanded democrap this election, and will leave nothing to chance. The democrats like to play with marketing crap, like polls, and slanted news, declaring themselves the winners. Didn't work for Hilary, just encouraged more Republicans to get out and vote. Can't expect democrat voters not to bother mailing in there votes, because they figure Biden has such a huge lead, it won't matter. I really think the DNC is shooting for winning the House and Senate, over Biden as president.
26-07-2020 08:36
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
I went back through my deleted E-mail and found the confirmation it was paid for and processed on the 16/7 and will be shipped on the 30/7.Yeah for me.If I prove the CO2 Is not over 400ppm does that prove global warming is over and we can all go home in time for tea and medals
26-07-2020 16:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
duncan61 wrote: Yeah for me.If I prove the CO2 Is not over 400ppm does that prove global warming is over and we can all go home in time for tea and medals

On that front, I have bad news. The only responses you should expect from warmizombies are 1) "that doesn't prove anything" and 2) "global warming science predicts that measurement."

You need to understand that as your victory condition, i.e. to force them into one of those two king-tipping responses.

If hypothetically the earth were in the throes of an ever-worsening, world-altering ice age and you were to point that out, you would still get the same responses. In fact, you should expect their cognitive dissonance to kick in and to trigger delusions of their fantasy reality in which they imagine themselves as science genius superheroes who save the world by mocking deniers.






.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-07-2020 18:02
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
duncan61 wrote:
I went back through my deleted E-mail and found the confirmation it was paid for and processed on the 16/7 and will be shipped on the 30/7.Yeah for me.If I prove the CO2 Is not over 400ppm does that prove global warming is over and we can all go home in time for tea and medals


The warmist don't care about current conditions, just the averages, over a much longer time, based mostly on the holy ice cores. Everything changes constantly, no two days are the same. It's a big world, weather conditions change just as frequently. Like Texas is getting soaked right now, by Hurricane Hanna, strong winds, likely tornadoes. Haven't check the damage yet today. We aren't feeling any of it over here in central Florida, so it's pulling all the moisture off the gulf, dumping it on Texas. They are are going to get it bad, it's a 'sniffles' hotspot, too. Wondering if they will turn families away from storm shelters, for not wearing their holy face masks? Will those who die, because they were denied shelter, be listed as Covid-19 deaths, since they were outside, during a tornado, because the could dress appropriately to be saved?

As you travel around, and take readings in various locations. You are going to find the is quite a bit of variation. 40 ppm +/- is kind of huge, and for some of the sensors I looked at before, temperature and humidity also have some effect. Likely part of the +/- 40ppm. Your error level should be consistent, and the 40 ppm can be mostly ignored for you purposes. Besides, the IPCC does that all the time, good science...

Anyway, if you go to a large farm, or out in the woods (wild), you should get some of your lowest readings. In the larger cities, in the industrial portion, I'd expect to see some of the highest readings. The numbers will change quite a bit with the seasons as well. And that's just outside readings... You should consider doing a few readings in buildings, you home, car. Not sure if it will be as interesting during the pandemic, since most places aren't as packed with people, as the once were. Oh, if you can visit a few commercial greenhouses, or indoor growing business, could be interesting. Most around here augment CO2, so you should get really high readings there. Those that don't, should be extremely low, even with decent ventilation.
24-08-2020 12:08
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
I am expecting delivery on the 4/9/2020 and I am doing rifle club Sat 5/9/2020 so will be able to stop at the lookout and take multiple measurements up and down the hill
25-08-2020 00:11
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
Just got an Amazon delivery of 50 face bras (material seems oddly similar). Probably a lifetime supply, but I could breath well with what was available locally, or given out free at work. I chose these, well because they were the cheapest, and as suspected, the least restrictive. They cover the mouth an nose, but make no seal around the edges. They actually look to be pretty well made, which was something I wasn't hoping for. I was thinking to remove the inner layer(s), to better improve them, if I do end up wear a mask more. Don't think I need to bother, little more work than expected. Spent $33 for the 50, about 66 cents each. Something similar, but contoured to make a good seal, are about $5 each. I went for the free shipping, no big hurry. Amazon had them at my door in two days...
25-08-2020 17:21
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1239)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Just got an Amazon delivery of 50 face bras (material seems oddly similar). Probably a lifetime supply, but I could breath well with what was available locally, or given out free at work. I chose these, well because they were the cheapest, and as suspected, the least restrictive. They cover the mouth an nose, but make no seal around the edges. They actually look to be pretty well made, which was something I wasn't hoping for. I was thinking to remove the inner layer(s), to better improve them, if I do end up wear a mask more. Don't think I need to bother, little more work than expected. Spent $33 for the 50, about 66 cents each. Something similar, but contoured to make a good seal, are about $5 each. I went for the free shipping, no big hurry. Amazon had them at my door in two days...

Face bras? haha... not bad... I still call them face diapers, but the more names the better


I haven't bought any face diapers; I've just used the disposable ones that work provided me until work provided me with two cloth ones, and now I use those. Outside of work, I still refuse to wear them anywhere else [except for a few minutes during healthcare appointments], even though King Evers ordered them to be worn indoors throughout the State. I still routinely walk into grocery stores without one (but I am purposely supporting independently owned businesses whenever I can).

And yeah, I've found that the free shipping option ships quite quickly.
25-08-2020 17:30
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
I didn't like the paper ones at work, even harder to breath, not to mention they don't shove in the pocket well, after the temperature check. I only had one cloth mask, it was going to last the pandemic, and it was good for breathing either. Walmart and Home Depot are the only stores I shop, that enforce masks. Everywhere else, nobody says anything. It's a small town, so it's a little lax on mandates of any kind.

I have no doubts that we have at least another year of mask crap, likely closer to two. Dr. Fauci gave a dire warning about rushing the vaccine. Which was odd, since he was the one pushing it, and assuring us having one this fall was reasonable, and possible, if the trials went well. Guessing the trials aren't going quite as well as expected. I never expected a rush-job vaccine to be very effective from the start. The dosage will be kept very light, to avoid a aggressive responses, and potentially killing any one. Guessing the trials are showing a 30-40% effectiveness, which means about half that, when they go public. Basically down to 'why even bother' range. Since they were mass producing doses, starting with the first trials, they have a whole lot of basically useless vaccine. Willing to bet, that when it rolls out to the public, they are going to give two doses, maybe a week or two, a part. Even then, they still won't get 30-40% effective. We won't ever know the truth. I think they deliberately avoid pushing the antibodies testing. It's much cheaper than the PCR test, only takes a few minutes to get results too. Think they will use people that have the antibodies, from being infected in the past, as people successfully vaccinated, to boost effectiveness numbers. We should see spikes and outbreaks, like nothing before the vaccine, since a lot of people are going to have a false sense of security, after getting vaccinated.
25-08-2020 21:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13500)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I didn't like the paper ones at work, even harder to breath, not to mention they don't shove in the pocket well, after the temperature check. I only had one cloth mask, it was going to last the pandemic, and it was good for breathing either. Walmart and Home Depot are the only stores I shop, that enforce masks. Everywhere else, nobody says anything. It's a small town, so it's a little lax on mandates of any kind.

I have no doubts that we have at least another year of mask crap, likely closer to two. Dr. Fauci gave a dire warning about rushing the vaccine. Which was odd, since he was the one pushing it, and assuring us having one this fall was reasonable, and possible, if the trials went well. Guessing the trials aren't going quite as well as expected. I never expected a rush-job vaccine to be very effective from the start. The dosage will be kept very light, to avoid a aggressive responses, and potentially killing any one. Guessing the trials are showing a 30-40% effectiveness, which means about half that, when they go public. Basically down to 'why even bother' range. Since they were mass producing doses, starting with the first trials, they have a whole lot of basically useless vaccine. Willing to bet, that when it rolls out to the public, they are going to give two doses, maybe a week or two, a part. Even then, they still won't get 30-40% effective. We won't ever know the truth. I think they deliberately avoid pushing the antibodies testing. It's much cheaper than the PCR test, only takes a few minutes to get results too. Think they will use people that have the antibodies, from being infected in the past, as people successfully vaccinated, to boost effectiveness numbers. We should see spikes and outbreaks, like nothing before the vaccine, since a lot of people are going to have a false sense of security, after getting vaccinated.

Fauci was pushing it because he was hoping to be the one selling it. He didn't get the contract, so not he's throwing doubt out there.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-08-2020 22:16
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1239)
Into the Night wrote:
Fauci was pushing it because he was hoping to be the one selling it. He didn't get the contract, so not he's throwing doubt out there.

Precisely this.
25-08-2020 22:22
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1239)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I didn't like the paper ones at work, even harder to breath, not to mention they don't shove in the pocket well, after the temperature check. I only had one cloth mask, it was going to last the pandemic, and it was good for breathing either. Walmart and Home Depot are the only stores I shop, that enforce masks. Everywhere else, nobody says anything. It's a small town, so it's a little lax on mandates of any kind.

Same for me, if I stay outside of the Madison suburbs anyway... If I go to smaller towns around me, they don't give a hoot about it...

HarveyH55 wrote:
I have no doubts that we have at least another year of mask crap, likely closer to two. Dr. Fauci gave a dire warning about rushing the vaccine. Which was odd, since he was the one pushing it, and assuring us having one this fall was reasonable, and possible, if the trials went well. Guessing the trials aren't going quite as well as expected. I never expected a rush-job vaccine to be very effective from the start. The dosage will be kept very light, to avoid a aggressive responses, and potentially killing any one. Guessing the trials are showing a 30-40% effectiveness, which means about half that, when they go public. Basically down to 'why even bother' range. Since they were mass producing doses, starting with the first trials, they have a whole lot of basically useless vaccine. Willing to bet, that when it rolls out to the public, they are going to give two doses, maybe a week or two, a part. Even then, they still won't get 30-40% effective. We won't ever know the truth. I think they deliberately avoid pushing the antibodies testing. It's much cheaper than the PCR test, only takes a few minutes to get results too. Think they will use people that have the antibodies, from being infected in the past, as people successfully vaccinated, to boost effectiveness numbers. We should see spikes and outbreaks, like nothing before the vaccine, since a lot of people are going to have a false sense of security, after getting vaccinated.

Fauci is just touting whatever he will profit from... He's a sniveling weasel who hasn't had any hands-on experience in the medical field since, well, pretty much ever... He's a bureaucratic dummy... completely useless.
26-08-2020 03:49
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
Hijacked thread again.Is there not forums for Facemasks somewhere else
26-08-2020 04:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
duncan61 wrote: Hijacked thread again.Is there not forums for Facemasks somewhere else

duncan, I some bad news. I hope you are sitting down.

One phenomenon that is causing breakdowns in science itself is the Tangent Uncertainty Principle (TUP). The theory states that the more you know about the current thread topic the less you know about the direction in which the next tangent will go, and the more you know about the direction of the current tangent the less you know about the preceding topic.

Einstein is rumored to have said "The road to Hell is paved with good posting intentions ... or wherever IBDaMann hangs out."

.
Attached image:

26-08-2020 04:13
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
I think I may be getting frustrated with not being able to measure CO2 levels.I cruised Skeptical Science again and of course the heat wave and fires in California are all man made not a pressure band and electrical storms.I will rejoin when I have some evidence and see how I go
26-08-2020 06:11
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
duncan61 wrote:
I think I may be getting frustrated with not being able to measure CO2 levels.I cruised Skeptical Science again and of course the heat wave and fires in California are all man made not a pressure band and electrical storms.I will rejoin when I have some evidence and see how I go


We were just passing time, until you get your CO2 sensor in a couple weeks.

I try to avoid the slow boat from China, when ordering from Amazon. I occasionally mess up though, or no other choice. There are other online options, but a little less trustworthy and better chance of waiting months. The only thing to do, is find something else to occupy your time.
26-08-2020 14:08
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
I ordered it through Banggood and it stayed in China for 27 days before it was released.I might check the tracking now
26-08-2020 17:50
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
duncan61 wrote:
I ordered it through Banggood and it stayed in China for 27 days before it was released.I might check the tracking now


Yeah, that's one site I've had temptations to order from several times. I do electronic projects, and fly drones as well. They have some interesting stuff, prices not bad. They do have a warehouse in America, but that doesn't mean it'll be in stock. Of course, it would come from China, if they run out. I'm a little cautious about Chinese goods, but have pretty good luck. They do sell some good stuff, seldom a problem. They also sell total crap, that looks exactly the same. Pretty sure nothing goes in the dumpster, somebody will find a buyer... I just try to do a lot of research on parts and sources, before buying. Chinese products are non-returnable, and no customer service. You buy it, you own it. Amazon will deal with most problems, to keep you happy. But they also have third party venders. Basically, I don't anticipate any help, though sometimes you can get lucky. Mostly, I just gamble on parts and pieces, which usually turn out really well, for what I need.

I wanted to buy a raw CO2 sensor, and build my own. I really wanted to keep the cost low as possible, and something that could be left outdoors, to take readings automatically. A suitable sensor was way more than I wanted for the entire project. The idea was to produce a cheap monitor, most anyone could throw together, and send the data to a website, and update a map daily, keep a running average. Cheap and simple, would have gotten more participation. For just a one-off project, and just my own readings, don't think I'd see a lot of change, locally. We don't really get extreme changes in the seasons, and pretty much the same level of activities the whole year. Might go with a meter like yours, and manually take readings sometime. See how it goes for you.
27-08-2020 05:22
James___
★★★★★
(3292)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote: Hijacked thread again.Is there not forums for Facemasks somewhere else

duncan, I some bad news. I hope you are sitting down.

One phenomenon that is causing breakdowns in science itself is the Tangent Uncertainty Principle (TUP). The theory states that the more you know about the current thread topic the less you know about the direction in which the next tangent will go, and the more you know about the direction of the current tangent the less you know about the preceding topic.

Einstein is rumored to have said "The road to Hell is paved with good posting intentions ... or wherever IBDaMann hangs out."

.



I could have so much fun with this but I think you keep people on the straight and narrow. Kind of like Harvey55 reminds me that I can choose to be a better person. He's real good about that. It's almost like he's my Guardian Angel watching over me. I wouldn't be surprised if he reads his Bible every night before he goes to bed. He's just that kind of person who wants everyone to do the right thing.
27-08-2020 06:07
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
I have the CO2 meter it was 1186ppm in my car when I plugged it in to charge but I have it on my bonnet charging and it is going down.I will go see in a moment
27-08-2020 16:37
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1239)
I'm excited that you finally received it Duncan!


I just want to make sure that you haven't forgotten about what IBD said in a different thread when we were discussing recording readings with the CO2 meter:

One thing I forgot to mention ... this is going to sound totally retentive but I really want you to be armed like a true researcher and not summarily dismissed like DRATS.

When you take a reading, please record the time and date, please record the geographic location as accurately as you can and, I know this is going to sound like a pain in the articulate but always include the device's tolerance, i.e. "330 ppm +/- 40 ppm"

The above is required for your data to be "valid" otherwise sticklers like myself will be tempted accuse you of pulling those values out of your articulate.

When the device arrives, jot down the make and model number as it appears on the materials that are shipped ... before you throw them away. Other makes and models will be manufactured in China that look identical but are nonetheless different makes and models. For your data to be valid you must be ready to divulge the exact make and model of your device. So just jot it down and stick it in a drawer or something so you can always render it.

... and lastly, don't fudge your numbers. Only report what the device reads and don't pretend to "adjust" your data for any "known conditions." That kind of crap will get your results bounced.

Good luck.


Please include your time zone.

Also, if possible, you add value to your data by noting the elevation. I say "if possible" because you might not inherently know.

However, if you get a chance to take periodic measurements at sea level (i.e. go to the ocean/coast and hold the device just above the water), and then compare that to some other known elevation, e.g. 1 km elevation, you (or others) can construct a notional CO2 elevation gradient! CO2 is heavier than O2 or N2 so it tends to "settle" downward, i.e. you SHOULD expect a somewhat higher reading at sea level than you get at higher altitudes, but winds can very easily throw a wrench into that intake.

In short, measuring in the front garden every day is certainly good. You add value if you can afix two open-air locations, one at sea level and one at a higher elevation, and take a few periodic measurements at each of those locations, as close together chronologically as possible.

Just a few recommendations. I'm not looking to make anything overly complicated, just to afford some insight into maximizing the value of your data.

Again, good luck.


The more information surrounding the recorded readings, the better. It might be helpful to set up a Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets) spreadsheet to keep track of the readings along with other notable information for each reading such as location (lat/long), date/time, elevation, wind speed/direction, etc...

Good luck!

Edited on 27-08-2020 16:39
27-08-2020 16:46
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
duncan61 wrote:
I have the CO2 meter it was 1186ppm in my car when I plugged it in to charge but I have it on my bonnet charging and it is going down.I will go see in a moment


Cool, arrived early. While it's charging, you can read through the users manual. Does the meter have a model number or anything I could use, to look up some specs. for it? Or possibly find a download for the users manual. I am curious about how much CO2 is around, but the raw sensors, that looked good, were kind of expensive. Most of those were for an outdoor unit though. The single unit, and bulk price can be huge, some times a complete unit is cheaper, than just buying the sensor. Still kind want to build my own, and have the functions I want most. Have to re-think the project some for a portable.
27-08-2020 19:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have the CO2 meter it was 1186ppm in my car when I plugged it in to charge but I have it on my bonnet charging and it is going down.I will go see in a moment


Cool, arrived early. While it's charging, you can read through the users manual. Does the meter have a model number or anything I could use, to look up some specs. for it? Or possibly find a download for the users manual. I am curious about how much CO2 is around, but the raw sensors, that looked good, were kind of expensive. Most of those were for an outdoor unit though. The single unit, and bulk price can be huge, some times a complete unit is cheaper, than just buying the sensor. Still kind want to build my own, and have the functions I want most. Have to re-think the project some for a portable.


Please do. Do you think you might be able to take a sensor out on a boat maybe a mile or so from land? It would be great to have dual point corroboration of a sea-level baseline value, i.e. duncan's and yours.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-08-2020 05:02
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(640)
I fully charged the device and moved it around where I was working.At no point in the day did it go below 500 ppm and mostly hovered between 510 and 530.The lowest reading I had was at 10 pm last night with the unit placed in the branches of the grape vine and it was 464ppm.Under the exhaust of my 4.0 jeep it boosted to 10,000 ppm straight away which is probably the max.In my car driving around with the window open it hovers between 700 and 1200.As I had it on all day it is fully drained which is a good thing.In my experience rechargable stuff develops a bit of a memory and you should fully drain and fully charge for the first few times
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate The ACTUAL Percentage of Atmospheric CO2:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Can CO2 be temporarily stored if necessary?2016-10-2020 21:12
Why is CO2 the key to our survival?1327-09-2020 17:27
The NCOVID Lock Down Prove CO2 Emission Do Not Cause Global Warming Climate Change1215-09-2020 04:37
CO2 sensor112-08-2020 19:10
Less CO21022-07-2020 02:16
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact