Remember me
▼ Content

The 700 Club

The 700 Club01-03-2019 06:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Was on the computer and this came on. Didn't know what it was but got interested when they were going after climate change. One part I listened to said that there hadn't been a major hurricane striking the US from 2005 to 2017. That'd be worth checking out.
They were also saying that it's deep ocean currents causing the warming.
Watched some nature documentaries and Mozambique has a rain forest fed from the warm water going down the east coast of Africa. I think CO2 took everything in the wrong direction. Even with natural warming we'd still need to consider what we need to adapt since it's doubtful that we can control Mother Nature.
With the 700 Club, it's possible a lot of Christians watch it and might be a little shocked.
01-03-2019 16:19
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
The hurricane bit is BS, there have been major hurricanes making landfall, maybe not record breaking Cat 5 storms, but have done plenty of damage. We haven't seen a bad year, like 2004, where we had 4 storms pass right over, or very close to where I live, and several that we got lucky on.

I've always thought that trying to fight climate, was a ridiculous waste of time and resources. It's reaching to blame it on man-made CO2. Even the IPCC doesn't claim that reducing CO2, is going to stop, or reverse the warming trend, only slow it down some, if they are right. Basically, if warming is going to be a problem, it'll be a future generation's problem, least we left them with a clean, green planet. Unfortunately, they'll have to deal with the cost, the depleted resources, and all the junked 'old tech' that was retired, because of the CO2 they produced.

Adaptation is what got us through the ice age, and it's the only thing we can depend on for any future climate change. The coastlines have been receding for a longtime. Whether you want to argue rising sea levels, or just plain erosion, the land is shrinking in some areas, at an alarming rate... The folks with beach front property, need to figure out how they are going to adapt, or relocate. It's a natural process, that can't be stopped. Big storms will always do damage, cause floods, time to spend some money figuring ways to mitigate and manage, rather than clean up and rebuild.

One of the most over looked things, is the natural solution, let the plants and trees grow. They do a lot of other things, besides provide shade and food. We cut and clear too much, because it's inconvenient, or profitable. We think we can control natural, but don't seem to understand how to live with it anymore. The world is a very big place, and been here a very long time. Just claiming we own it, doesn't make it so. We really are just here, along for the ride, little choice over the destination.
02-03-2019 18:05
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Was on the computer and this came on. Didn't know what it was but got interested when they were going after climate change. One part I listened to said that there hadn't been a major hurricane striking the US from 2005 to 2017. That'd be worth checking out.
Watched some nature documentaries and Mozambique has a rain forest fed from the warm water going down the east coast of Africa. I think CO2 took everything in the wrong direction. Even with natural warming we'd still need to consider what we need to adapt since it's doubtful that we can control Mother Nature.
With the 700 Club, it's possible a lot of Christians watch it and might be a little shocked.

There are less hurricanes now than over past time. But this is from the records from the Civil War on. World wide Typhoon count is also down. Category 5 hurricanes are now rare but they do occur. The US has been lucky not to be in the path of most of the hurricanes that do occur.
02-03-2019 19:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:

There are less hurricanes now than over past time. But this is from the records from the Civil War on. World wide Typhoon count is also down. Category 5 hurricanes are now rare but they do occur. The US has been lucky not to be in the path of most of the hurricanes that do occur.

No, Wake. The number and intensity of storms has been about the same. Both you and the 700 club is wrong.

Cat 5 storms are rare but they do occur. Occasionally one hits the U.S. We had one in 1935, then another in 1967, another in 1969, a few in the 70's, one in 1988, and one each in 2004, 2005, and 2007. We haven't had one since. It's normal to go quite awhile without Cat 5 storms, then to have a string of them.

Oddly enough, it's the lesser category storms that tend to cause more damage, especially the Cat 3 storms, which often move slower and dump more rain in a single area. The Cat 5 storms are pretty big blowhards, and do some damage over a wide area, but they typically come roaring ashore and pass pretty quickly.

The National Hurricane Center, which is operated by NOAA, has done their level best to hide and obscure this data. Much of it has been destroyed. I kept a copy of it when I saw where NOAA was going. You can still find it, though, if you are willing to do a LOT of compilation and reformatting yourself. Currently, the pacific ocean data is better organized. That's kept in Honolulu.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate The 700 Club:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact