Remember me
▼ Content

Tell your old college professors to check out climate-debate.com for biogeochemistry

Page 2 of 8<1234>>>
07-05-2022 01:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
sealover wrote:
What lizards?

"Certain lizards can also regrow a lost limb." - Parrot Boy

Some geckos and iguanas can replace a lost leg, for example.
sealover wrote:
Science is not lizards.

Never said it was, moron.
sealover wrote:
Lizards are not frogs.

Never said they were, moron.
sealover wrote:
Alligators are not amphibians.

Yes they are.

Hey goofy, alligators are not amphibians................

So you are still on a 100 percent wrong streak

Yes they are. You can't change what they are by bulverism, dude.

Do you have a link saying that alligators are amphibians?

Nope because alligators are reptiles.

No matter I like retards like you
07-05-2022 01:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I've got a few decades living in Florida, and never heard mention of alligators being amphibians. They've always been reptiles. Nothing about them, would make me think otherwise. They wander quite a bit during mating season, and not always near water either.

They are both reptiles and amphibian. The live just as happily in the water as out of it. Yes, they DO wander quite a bit during mating season. They get everywhere.

Alligators are reptiles

Definition of alligator
1: either of two large carnivorous, thick-skinned, long-bodied, aquatic, crocodilian reptiles (Alligator mississippiensis of the southeastern U.S. and A. sinensis of China) that have a broad head with a slightly tapered, long, rounded, U-shaped snout and a special pocket in the upper jaw for reception of the enlarged lower fourth tooth
broadly : CROCODILIAN
2: leather made from alligator hide
07-05-2022 01:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
sealover wrote:Primary school students have learned from universally agreed upon textbooks that alligators are NOT amphibians for more than 150 years.

Are you so lacking in confidence of your own understanding that you must defer to primary school students?

To the best of your understanding, do you believe alligators to be amphibious?

That is the only question being addressed here.

How would you rate your command of the English language? Would it be easier for you to discuss this in Spanish?

07-05-2022 02:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
sealover wrote:Primary school students have learned from universally agreed upon textbooks that alligators are NOT amphibians for more than 150 years.

Are you so lacking in confidence of your own understanding that you must defer to primary school students?

How would you rate your command of the English language? Would it be easier for you to discuss this in Spanish?

Actually stupid alligators are reptiles in all languages.
07-05-2022 04:25
(14401)
Swan wrote:Actually stupid alligators are reptiles in all languages.

Hey, genius, nobody has yet claimed that alligators are not reptiles. Once again, you have shown that you and English comprehension just do not mix.

You have successfully answered a question that was not asked and not answered the question that was asked.

I'll let you try again: Would you classify alligators as amphibious or not?

This time, focus on the question and the specific words in it.

07-05-2022 12:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:

Hey, genius, nobody has yet claimed that alligators are not reptiles. Once again, you have shown that you and English comprehension just do not mix.

You have successfully answered a question that was not asked and not answered the question that was asked.

Never used the word amphibious... Most already got that it was a ridiculous semantics game. Two different words, similar, but different meanings. It silly semantic games, that discredit much of his claims. Usually, it's just baiting in to an argument/debate, which isn't worth playing anyway.
07-05-2022 14:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Never used the word amphibious... Most already got that it was a ridiculous semantics game. Two different words, similar, but different meanings. It silly semantic games, that discredit much of his claims. Usually, it's just baiting in to an argument/debate, which isn't worth playing anyway.

LOL he thinks that alligators are marine corps landing vehicles, but be nice because he is special
07-05-2022 14:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:

Alligators are reptiles not amphibians, try using a dictionary instead of making shit up your entire life.

Amphibian

Definition of amphibian
1: an amphibious organism
especially : any of a class (Amphibia) of cold-blooded vertebrates (such as frogs, toads, or salamanders) intermediate in many characters between fish and reptiles and having gilled aquatic larvae and air-breathing adults
Unlike reptiles, most amphibians possess a smooth, moist skin and lay their shell-less eggs in water or wet places.
— Jeffrey P. Cohn
2: an amphibious vehicle
especially : an airplane designed to take off from and land on either land or water
RE: Word games - "amphibious" versus amphibian07-05-2022 16:25
sealover
★★★★☆
(1246)
Word games - "amphibious" versus amphibian.

Here is an example of the utter futility of engaging a troll in discussion.

Until this post below, the only word being discussed was amphibian.

WORD GAME TIME.

Apparently, the "only question being addressed here" is whether or not one believes alligators to be "amphibious".

The word "amphibian" has been used more than a dozen times by different participants in the discussion.

The word "amphibious" joins in for the first time with this underlying post.

Suddenly it becomes the "only question being addressed here".

Along with the personal insults about how stupid one has to be to believe what has been in primary school textbooks all over the world for 150 years.

I'm pretty sure nobody calls those military vehicles amphibians.

But, so what if they did? It is totally irrelevant to the discussion.

Alligators are NOT amphibians by ANY definition. Perhaps they are amphibious, but until now that was never the question being discussed.

So, one might conclude that it is a huge waste of time to engage in discussion with anyone who has racked up more than 10,000 posts of insults and BS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IBdaMann wrote:

07-05-2022 18:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
sealover wrote:

WORD GAME TIME.

Apparently, the "only question being addressed here" is whether or not one believes alligators to be "amphibious".

The word "amphibian" has been used more than a dozen times by different participants in the discussion.

Along with the personal insults about how stupid one has to be to believe what has been in primary school textbooks all over the world for 150 years.

Alligators are NOT amphibians by ANY definition. Perhaps they are amphibious, but until now that was never the question being discussed.

So, one might conclude that it is a huge waste of time to engage in discussion with anyone who has racked up more than 10,000 posts of insults and BS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IBdaMann wrote:

Please be patient with the resident schizzo
07-05-2022 20:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
sealover wrote:
What lizards?

"Certain lizards can also regrow a lost limb." - Parrot Boy

Some geckos and iguanas can replace a lost leg, for example.
sealover wrote:
Science is not lizards.

Never said it was, moron.
sealover wrote:
Lizards are not frogs.

Never said they were, moron.
sealover wrote:
Alligators are not amphibians.

Yes they are.

Hey goofy, alligators are not amphibians................

So you are still on a 100 percent wrong streak

Yes they are. You can't change what they are by bulverism, dude.

Do you have a link saying that alligators are amphibians?

Nope because alligators are reptiles.

No matter I like retards like you

They are also amphibians.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-05-2022 20:21
(21596)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I've got a few decades living in Florida, and never heard mention of alligators being amphibians. They've always been reptiles. Nothing about them, would make me think otherwise. They wander quite a bit during mating season, and not always near water either.

They are both reptiles and amphibian. The live just as happily in the water as out of it. Yes, they DO wander quite a bit during mating season. They get everywhere.

Alligators are reptiles

Definition of alligator
1: either of two large carnivorous, thick-skinned, long-bodied, aquatic, crocodilian reptiles (Alligator mississippiensis of the southeastern U.S. and A. sinensis of China) that have a broad head with a slightly tapered, long, rounded, U-shaped snout and a special pocket in the upper jaw for reception of the enlarged lower fourth tooth
broadly : CROCODILIAN
2: leather made from alligator hide

They are also amphibians.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-05-2022 20:23
(21596)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL he thinks that alligators are marine corps landing vehicles, but be nice because he is special

These are not landing vehicles. These are amphibious vehicles. Just like alligators are amphibious reptiles. Now you want to try a pivot fallacy in this direction??

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 07-05-2022 20:24
07-05-2022 20:26
(21596)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Alligators are reptiles not amphibians, try using a dictionary instead of making shit up your entire life.

Amphibian

Definition of amphibian
especially : any of a class (Amphibia) of cold-blooded vertebrates (such as frogs, toads, or salamanders) intermediate in many characters between fish and reptiles and having gilled aquatic larvae and air-breathing adults
Unlike reptiles, most amphibians possess a smooth, moist skin and lay their shell-less eggs in water or wet places.
— Jeffrey P. Cohn
especially : an airplane designed to take off from and land on either land or water

Dictionaries do not define any word. False authority fallacy. Try again.

The Parrot Killer

07-05-2022 20:30
(21596)
sealover wrote:

Semantics fallacy.
sealover wrote:

WORD GAME TIME.

Semantics fallacy. This is YOUR fallacy. It is also Swan's fallacy.
sealover wrote:

Only Swan and you are making a case of it. Only Swan and you want to play this word game.
sealover wrote:

They are.
sealover wrote:

No, it isn't. Semantics fallacy.
sealover wrote:

Semantics fallacy.
sealover wrote:

Bulverism fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

07-05-2022 20:31
(21596)
Swan wrote:
sealover wrote:

Please be patient with the resident schizzo

Insult fallacy. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

07-05-2022 21:43
(14401)
Swan wrote: Please be patient with the resident schizzo

sealover wrote:Word games - "amphibious" versus amphibian.

Yes. Amphibious. That is the word in the question. No rational, honest adult would deny that some reptiles are amphibious. Ergo, looking at your denial, the natural conclusion is that you are not rational and honest.

You both had PLENTY of opportunity to acknowledge that alligators are amphibious ... but you both fight tooth and nail to portray alligators as NOT amphibious because they are reptiles.

What more should I expect from schizzos who believe that mangroves will save the ocean, or that the US government hires Putin to put our satellites into orbit, or that transporting sea water to the desert will terraform sand into fertile farms, or that people can teleport wherever using quantum entanglement?

... and now reptiles, such as alligators and snakes, somehow cannot be amphibious because they are reptiles.

You guys are geniuses. From now on, I take notes on everything you write.

I notice that neither of you have nary a peep for the images I present to you. You deny them because they are rather inconvenient. You want to claim that reptiles cannot be amphibious yet here you have images clearly showing amphibious reptiles ... so you descend into your word games and pretend the agreed-upon context for the discussion is the Wikipedia taxonomy.

Word games.

Would I be correct in assuming that you also deny that ducks are amphibious?

Would I be correct in presuming that you deny the amphibious nature of otters?

You guys didn't get very far in school, did you? You never learned what "amphibious" means and now you are too terrified to look it up.

[ Y O U * R E A L L Y * A R E * F A R * T O O * E M B A R R A S S E D ]
[ T O * A N S W E R * T H E * Q U E S T I O N * H O N E S T L Y ]
[ * S O * Y O U * P L A Y * Y O U R * S I L L Y * W O R D * G A M E S ]

07-05-2022 22:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Amphibian

Definition of amphibian
— Jeffrey P. Cohn

LOL so only schizzo's like you are allowed to define words. So again take your Chlorpromazine now please
07-05-2022 22:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:

Yes. Amphibious. That is the word in the question. No rational, honest adult would deny that some reptiles are amphibious. Ergo, looking at your denial, the natural conclusion is that you are not rational and honest.

You both had PLENTY of opportunity to acknowledge that alligators are amphibious ... but you both fight tooth and nail to portray alligators as NOT amphibious because they are reptiles.

What more should I expect from schizzos who believe that mangroves will save the ocean, or that the US government hires Putin to put our satellites into orbit, or that transporting sea water to the desert will terraform sand into fertile farms, or that people can teleport wherever using quantum entanglement?

... and now reptiles, such as alligators and snakes, somehow cannot be amphibious because they are reptiles.

I notice that neither of you have nary a peep for the images I present to you. You deny them because they are rather inconvenient. You want to claim that reptiles cannot be amphibious yet here you have images clearly showing amphibious reptiles ... so you descend into your word games and pretend the agreed-upon context for the discussion is the Wikipedia taxonomy.

Word games.

You guys didn't get very far in school, did you? You never learned what "amphibious" means and now you are too terrified to look it up.

Again simpleton amphibians have gills as juveniles and alligators hatch with fully formed air breathing lungs from an egg and as such alligators are reptiles not amphibians

LOL otters are placental mammals not amphibians, every third grader knows this, so please complete third grade before responding and mocking your mother more than you already have. Or did you already kill your mother and father?
Edited on 07-05-2022 22:55
07-05-2022 23:08
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:

Word games.

The false claim was made, that alligators were amphibians. No mention of amphibious. A stupid semantics game. Technically, you could throw most any living thing in water, and most would survive... This one though, goes beyond the usual silly though. This is why I tend to discount anything that goes against what I had learned else where, always leaving a 'doubtful-tag', rather than wasting time looking up such claims. Most likely some silly semantics game. If the words written are a joke, so is every post, every word... Can never be trusted again.
07-05-2022 23:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Word games.

The false claim was made, that alligators were amphibians. No mention of amphibious. A stupid semantics game. Technically, you could throw most any living thing in water, and most would survive... This one though, goes beyond the usual silly though. This is why I tend to discount anything that goes against what I had learned else where, always leaving a 'doubtful-tag', rather than wasting time looking up such claims. Most likely some silly semantics game. If the words written are a joke, so is every post, every word... Can never be trusted again.

He is not playing games as he clearly believes that everything including marine transports that is amphibious is an amphibian. Perhaps he had gills himself as a child
07-05-2022 23:27
(14401)
Swan wrote:Again simpleton [when I play my word games and pretend to force the discussion away from the English language at which I suck and towards the focused yet irrelevant Wikipedia taxonomy], amphibians have gills as juveniles.

Great! Once again answering a question that was not asked, and EVADING the question that was asked, out of pure embarrassment for having opened your yap in agreement with squeal over who isn't ever going to be honest.

You should have declined to play his word games. If you had, you'd be able to honestly answer an easy, straightforward, valid and honest question. As it stands, you know how silly you look for never having learned the word "amphibious" and for being unable to hold a discussion at the adult's table.

A potential reference for consideration:
AMPHIBIOUS at Dictionary.com

amphibious [am-fib-ee-uhs]

adjective
* living or able to live both on land and in water; belonging to both land and water.

* Also amphibian. capable of operating on both land and water:
amphibious vehicles.

* of or relating to military operations by both land and naval forces against the same object, especially to a military attack by troops landed by naval ships.

* trained or organized to fight, or fighting, on both land and sea:
amphibious troops.

* combining two qualities, kinds, traits, etc.; of or having a mixed or twofold nature.

Now you have backed yourself into a corner whereby you must deny an "amphibious" nature that you do not understand.

At least you have your moraines. They aren't amphibious ... at least they don't spend enough time in water to really acquire the label. So you have that going for you.

07-05-2022 23:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
I like retards which is why I like you

Actually Mr. Dahmer nothing that you can babble here will make an alligator into an amphibian because alligators are reptiles.

Are alligators amphibians?
Alligators are not amphibians. Instead, they are reptiles. Examples of animals that are amphibians include frogs, toads, salamanders, and newts. Amphibians have a complex life cycle, and they spend time on both land and in water. The skin of an amphibian needs to stay moist at all times because this is how they absorb oxygen.

On the other hand, the skin on reptiles is scaly and dry, and reptiles breathe through their lungs instead of through their skin. Other reptiles are crocodiles, lizards, snakes, and turtles.

However you are free to babble until the day you die and it seems that you will be doing just that

https://untamedanimals.com/are-alligators-amphibians/
Edited on 07-05-2022 23:40
08-05-2022 00:32
(14401)
Let's see, the word in question is

adjective
* living or able to live both on land and in water; belonging to both land and water.

amphibious vehicles.

* of or relating to military operations by both land and naval forces against the same object, especially to a military attack by troops landed by naval ships.

amphibious troops.

* combining two qualities, kinds, traits, etc.; of or having a mixed or twofold nature.

The question before Swan and squeal over is "Are alligators amphibious?" given that they are reptiles.

In Swan's response below, I will do a count of the word "amphibious" to see how aggressively he is addressing the question posed:

Swan wrote:Are alligators amphibians?
Alligators are not amphibians. Instead, they are reptiles. Examples of animals that are amphibians include frogs, toads, salamanders, and newts. Amphibians have a complex life cycle, and they spend time on both land and in water. The skin of an amphibian needs to stay moist at all times because this is how they absorb oxygen.

On the other hand, the skin on reptiles is scaly and dry, and reptiles breathe through their lungs instead of through their skin. Other reptiles are crocodiles, lizards, snakes, and turtles.

Well, not a single occurrence. It's almost as though he is EVADING the question out of extreme embarrassment for his unsupportable position. Hmmmm.

Naturally, we expect squeal over to EVADE all that is honest, as a matter of course.

Swan wrote:... nothing that you can babble here will make [me acknowledge that] an alligator [is amphibious] because alligators are reptiles.

[/quote]
RE: Reality-based assertions about science are genuinely appreciated.08-05-2022 00:36
sealover
★★★★☆
(1246)
Reality-based assertions about science are genuinely appreciated.

Swan may not want my respect, but that respect has been earned anyway.

Please continue to contribute reality-based assertions about science.

This behavior does NOT obnoxiously derail any valid discussions.

"Pivot" away from "amphibious" as the REAL question?

"Watch for trolls who hide behind word games..." - IdaBM (probably spelled it wrong)

Linneaeus (must have spelled it wrong) was looking for similarities between organisms in order to create a universally accepted classification system that has stood the test of time for "reproducibility" as per the Scientific Method.

The categories of "reptile" and "amphibian" are mutually exclusive. Unambiguously defined, no less.

Genuine thanks for keeping it real. And genuine respect earned for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swan wrote:

Actually Mr. Dahmer nothing that you can babble here will make an alligator into an amphibian because alligators are reptiles.

However you are free to babble until the day you die and it seems that you will be doing just that

https://untamedanimals.com/are-alligators-amphibians/
08-05-2022 02:19
(14401)
squeal over wrote:Reality-based assertions about science are genuinely appreciated.

Nope. You don't appreciate anything about reality. You only appreciate your delusions ... which constitute your "reality."

This is why you must REFUSE to unambiguously define your terms because all of your definitions would begin with "In my wildest drug-induced dreams I envisioned X..."

squeal over wrote:Swan may not want my respect, but that respect has been earned anyway.

I am sure he is overjoyed. I'm sure it's only a matter of seconds before Swan starts bemoaning the depletion of the ocean's alkalinity. I'll start the countdown right now.

squeal over wrote:Please continue to contribute reality-based assertions about science.

@Swan, here's your invitation to explain your quantum entanglement teleporter to squeal over. Reality-based assertions about science! Boo-ya!

squeal over wrote:"Pivot" away from "amphibious" as the REAL question?

It is my question. Why do you EVADE it? Why did you arch your back and HISS, and then PIVOT in anger when I asked a perfectly valid, straightforward reality-based question about nature?

What are you too ashamed to face?

squeal over wrote: accepted classification system that has stood the test of time for "reproducibility" as per the Scientific Method.

Remember, you have no idea what science even is, much less the scientific method. What may or may not be "accepted" has no bearing on science, and you would know this if you weren't scientifically illiterate.

squeal over wrote:The categories of "reptile" and "amphibian" are mutually exclusive.

The taxonomy creates a partition. Will you stop playing your word games for a moment and address the characteristic of amphibiousness? This discussion is being held in the English language, not in the Wikipedia taxonomy into which you are trying pivot.

squeal over wrote:"Watch for trolls who hide behind word games..." - IdaBM (probably spelled it wrong)

Of course, I am referring to you.
Attached image:

08-05-2022 04:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Again all alligators are classified as reptiles and not amphibians in part because amphibians breath thru their skin and gators use lungs. Nothing will change this, not that the local schizzo that does everything that they are told like you are required to.
08-05-2022 05:08
(21596)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Amphibian

Definition of amphibian
— Jeffrey P. Cohn

LOL so only schizzo's like you are allowed to define words. So again take your Chlorpromazine now please

Psychoquackery. I did not define 'amphibian'. Hallucination. The word has a specific meaning, is French in origin, and appeared in the English lexicon around 1610. I have already given you the eytomology of the word. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

08-05-2022 05:12
(21596)
Swan wrote:
Again simpleton amphibians have gills as juveniles

Not a requirement of amphibians.
Swan wrote:
and alligators hatch with fully formed air breathing lungs from an egg and as such alligators are reptiles not amphibians

They are both.
Swan wrote:
LOL otters are placental mammals not amphibians,

They are both.
Swan wrote:
every third grader knows this, so please complete third grade before responding and mocking your mother more than you already have. Or did you already kill your mother and father?

Omniscience fallacy. Insult fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

08-05-2022 05:14
(21596)
HarveyH55 wrote:
The false claim was made, that alligators were amphibians.

Not a false claim.
HarveyH55 wrote:
No mention of amphibious. A stupid semantics game.

You could always stop making semantics fallacies.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Technically, you could throw most any living thing in water, and most would survive...

Semantics fallacy.
HarveyH55 wrote:
This one though, goes beyond the usual silly though. This is why I tend to discount anything that goes against what I had learned else where, always leaving a 'doubtful-tag', rather than wasting time looking up such claims. Most likely some silly semantics game. If the words written are a joke, so is every post, every word... Can never be trusted again.

You could always stop making semantic fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

08-05-2022 05:16
(21596)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

He is not playing games as he clearly believes that everything including marine transports that is amphibious is an amphibian. Perhaps he had gills himself as a child

Hallucination. He never made such a claim. Neither have I.

It is YOU making semantics fallacies. It is not a game. It is a fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

08-05-2022 05:23
(14401)

Swan wrote:Again [let me totally EVADE the question posed and the word "amphibious" altogether out of extreme intellectual cowardice by shifting to a different set of goalposts in a totally different stadium by saying ...] all alligators are classified as reptiles and not amphibians in part because amphibians breath thru their skin and gators use lungs. Nothing will change this, not that the local schizzo that does everything that they are told like you are required to.

Great. The question you are EVADING is centered on the word "amphibious."

I'm not asking about "amphibians" because I already have MANY definitions for "amphibian" available to me. Here are some examples (obviously not an exhaustive list) :

Britannica Dictionary definition of AMPHIBIAN
amphibian /æmˈfɪbijən/ noun
plural amphibians
1 : an animal (such as a frog or toad) that can live both on land and in water
2 : an airplane or vehicle that can be used both on land and water

The Free Dictionary.
amphibian
noun An animal capable of living both on land and in water.
noun An aircraft that can take off and land on either land or water.
noun A tracked or wheeled vehicle that can operate both on land and in water.

Dictionary.com
amphibian [ am-fib-ee-uhn ]SHOW IPA
Definition of amphibian
noun
an amphibious plant.
an airplane designed for taking off from and landing on both land and water.
Also called amtrac. a flat-bottomed, armed, military vehicle, equipped with both tracks and a rudder, that can travel either on land or in water, used chiefly for landing assault troops.

... so I am not talking about the noun "amphibian." I'm asking about the adjective "amphibious." I didn't realize that there is something about that word that makes you schytt in your pants. It's like you become a squirrel that bolts when a large dog begins to charge. I apologize for the trauma. I didn't know.

adjective

amphibious vehicles.

amphibious troops.

Why will you not acknowledge the amphibious nature of alligators?

Will you acknowledge the amphibious nature of ducks and otters?

08-05-2022 05:23
(21596)
Swan wrote:

Insult fallacy. Redefinition fallacy (amphibian<->void).
Swan wrote:

Yes.
Swan wrote:
Alligators are not amphibians. Instead, they are reptiles.

They are both.
Swan wrote:
Examples of animals that are amphibians include frogs, toads, salamanders, and newts.

And alligators, ducks, many snakes, some insects, turtles, etc.
Swan wrote:
Amphibians have a complex life cycle, and they spend time on both land and in water. The skin of an amphibian needs to stay moist at all times because this is how they absorb oxygen.

Frogs and newts have lungs, dumbass. Oh...so do dolphins whales, which are not amphibians.
Swan wrote:

Frogs and newts have lungs, dumbass.
Swan wrote:

Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself again.

The Parrot Killer

08-05-2022 05:32
(21596)
...deleted severely damaged quoting...
sealover wrote:
Reality-based assertions about science are genuinely appreciated.

Buzzword fallacies. You have no idea what 'real' or 'reality' even means. You deny science.
sealover wrote:
Swan may not want my respect, but that respect has been earned anyway.
Please continue to contribute reality-based assertions about science.

Buzzword fallacies. You deny science.
sealover wrote:
This behavior does NOT obnoxiously derail any valid discussions.

YOU don't get to declare what is a 'valid discussion' here. Omniscience fallacy.
sealover wrote:
"Pivot" away from "amphibious" as the REAL question?

Semantics fallacy.
sealover wrote:
"Watch for trolls who hide behind word games..." - IdaBM (probably spelled it wrong)

Cliche fallacy.
sealover wrote:
Linneaeus (must have spelled it wrong) was looking for similarities between organisms in order to create a universally accepted classification system that has stood the test of time for "reproducibility" as per the Scientific Method.

Science isn't a method or a procedure. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. Naming something is not science. Classifying is not an authority either.
sealover wrote:
The categories of "reptile" and "amphibian" are mutually exclusive. Unambiguously defined, no less.

They are not mutually exclusive. May reptiles are amphibians, including alligators.
sealover wrote:
Genuine thanks for keeping it real.

Buzzword fallacy.
sealover wrote:
And genuine respect earned for it.

Your respect means nothing. You are a nothing.

The Parrot Killer

08-05-2022 05:35
(21596)
Swan wrote:
Again all alligators are classified as reptiles and not amphibians

They are both.
Swan wrote:
in part because amphibians breath thru their skin and gators use lungs.

Nope. Frogs, newts, alligators, dolphins, and whales all have lungs. Not all of them are amphibians. Frogs, newts, and alligators are amphibians.
Swan wrote:
Nothing will change this, not that the local schizzo that does everything that they are told like you are required to.

Psychoquackery. Hallucination.

Argument by repetition fallacy. Insult fallacies. Redefinition fallacy (amphibian<->void).

The Parrot Killer

08-05-2022 09:25
(14401)
Swan wrote:I like retards which is why I like you

Don't get your shoe laces quantum-entangled.
Attached image:

Edited on 08-05-2022 09:26
08-05-2022 15:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Amphibian

Definition of amphibian
— Jeffrey P. Cohn

Psychoquackery. I did not define 'amphibian'. Hallucination. The word has a specific meaning, is French in origin, and appeared in the English lexicon around 1610. I have already given you the eytomology of the word. RQAA.

ALLIGATOR

Kingdom Animalia – Animal, animaux, animals
Subkingdom Bilateria
Infrakingdom Deuterostomia
Phylum Chordata – cordés, cordado, chordates
Subphylum Vertebrata – vertebrado, vertébrés, vertebrates
Infraphylum Gnathostomata
Superclass Tetrapoda
Class Reptilia Laurenti, 1768 – répteis, reptiles, Reptiles
Order Crocodilia – crocodilo, jacaré, Crocodilians, crocodiles, alligators, caimans, gavials
Family Alligatoridae – Caimans, Alligators
Genus Alligator Cuvier, 1807 – Alligators
Direct Children:
Species Alligator mississippiensis (Daudin, 1802) – American Alligator, Aligator americano, Alligator, Gator, Florida Alligator, Mississippi Alligator, Louisiana Alligator
Species Alligator sinensis Fauvel, 1879 – Chinese Alligator, Yangtze Alligator, Yow Lung, T'o

Yawning at the sociopath troll who denies reality in favor of the little friends he keeps in his mind
08-05-2022 20:58
(21596)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

ALLIGATOR

Subkingdom Bilateria
Superclass Tetrapoda
Order Crocodilia – crocodilo, jacaré, Crocodilians, crocodiles, alligators, caimans, gavials
Direct Children:
Species Alligator mississippiensis (Daudin, 1802) – American Alligator, Aligator americano, Alligator, Gator, Florida Alligator, Mississippi Alligator, Louisiana Alligator
Species Alligator sinensis Fauvel, 1879 – Chinese Alligator, Yangtze Alligator, Yow Lung, T'o

Yawning at the sociopath troll who denies reality in favor of the little friends he keeps in his mind

What has trying to say an alligator is not an amphibian have to do with your little friends you keep in your mind?

An alligator lives in the water. It also lives on the land. It is an amphibian. The problem that YOU don't know the meaning of this word is YOUR problem. I have already described it's etymology twice to you now.

Like usual for you, you also don't seem to know the meaning of 'sociopath', 'troll', 'reality', or 'climate change'.

Speaking Liberal here won't help you. Words in English have meaning. Words in Liberal do not. You apparently know very little English (or French) for that matter.

The Parrot Killer

08-05-2022 21:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

ALLIGATOR

Subkingdom Bilateria
Superclass Tetrapoda
Direct Children:

What has trying to say an alligator is not an amphibian have to do with your little friends you keep in your mind?

An alligator lives in the water. It also lives on the land. It is an amphibian. The problem that YOU don't know the meaning of this word is YOUR problem. I have already described it's etymology twice to you now.

Like usual for you, you also don't seem to know the meaning of 'sociopath', 'troll', 'reality', or 'climate change'.

Speaking Liberal here won't help you. Words in English have meaning. Words in Liberal do not. You apparently know very little English (or French) for that matter.

All alligators are classified as reptiles, just the way it is kid. However a sociopath troll like you that takes commands from the Zohan are free to believe otherwise.

Just take your Abilify on time
08-05-2022 21:10
(14401)
Swan wrote:All alligators are classified as reptiles, just the way it is kid.

So you were in total agreement with Into the Night this whole time. Why did you pretend that you disagreed?

And you also agree with Into the Night that alligators are amphibious, right? You do, don't you? Total agreement.

Wow. I must have misread your posts. I thought there was some sort of disagreement on your part, but I guess I was mistaken.

Page 2 of 8<1234>>>

Join the debate Tell your old college professors to check out climate-debate.com for biogeochemistry:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Biogeochemistry Debunked2121-06-2023 22:46
What is Biogeochemistry?7207-06-2023 02:20
You work hard, to get your kids in college...1324-06-2019 23:01
Reality check: Maxime Bernier says CO2 isn't a pollutant. Climate scientists say he's wrong024-02-2019 04:38
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact