Remember me
▼ Content

Technology will solve problem with carbon capture

Technology will solve problem with carbon capture24-11-2019 21:04
Climate76
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Many firms are working on the problem, M.I.T. just had a very promising breakthrough.

No need to switch to electric cars and renewable energy (and anyways China isn't going to cut emissions), we can just capture the carbon.
24-11-2019 21:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Climate76 wrote:
Many firms are working on the problem, M.I.T. just had a very promising breakthrough.

No need to switch to electric cars and renewable energy (and anyways China isn't going to cut emissions), we can just capture the carbon.

What is the problem?

Why do we want to capture carbon?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-11-2019 16:25
Third world guy
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
IBdaMann wrote:
Climate76 wrote:

What is the problem?

Why do we want to capture carbon?

Climate 76 wants to eliminate plants and animals from the Earth's surface.

Perverse guy!

There are three kinds of climate change: that generated by natural factors; that generated by man; and that generated by economic interests.
25-11-2019 17:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Climate76 wrote:

The device needs to work with a charging battery. Like what a solar panel or electric vehicle has. Might not be efficient enough for a power plant.
Have to wonder what the market for carbon is.

This might be more promising. It would supply fuel while it could theoretically be carbon neutral. If their plant uses either solar or wind power, then places with a lot of solar radiation might generate and export fuel.
And people like me could enjoy the sound of an engine revving

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/06/cost-plunges-capturing-carbon-dioxide-air
25-11-2019 18:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Third world guy wrote: Climate 76 wants to eliminate plants and animals from the Earth's surface.

Aaah, apparently I didn't read carefully enough. Life is the planet's problem. I just went back and re-read and I see it now.
`
Coincidentally, Marxists hate all life on planet earth as well, and they just want to ensure equal misery for all. I wonder if there's any connection here.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-11-2019 19:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21583)
James___ wrote:
Climate76 wrote:

The device needs to work with a charging battery.

Why?
James___ wrote:
Like what a solar panel or electric vehicle has.

Solar panels don't necessarily have batteries.
James___ wrote:
Might not be efficient enough for a power plant.

A solar panel IS a power plant.
James___ wrote:

See the market for coal. Coal is primarily carbon.
James___ wrote:
This might be more promising. It would supply fuel while it could theoretically be carbon neutral.

Coal is already plentiful. How is such a plant going to pay for itself?
James___ wrote:
If their plant uses either solar or wind power, then places with a lot of solar radiation might generate and export fuel.

Coal is already plentiful and cheap. How is the device going to compete against that?
James___ wrote:

Your car uses coal??

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-11-2019 02:28
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
James___ wrote:
Climate76 wrote:

The device needs to work with a charging battery. Like what a solar panel or electric vehicle has. Might not be efficient enough for a power plant.

This might be more promising. It would supply fuel while it could theoretically be carbon neutral. If their plant uses either solar or wind power, then places with a lot of solar radiation might generate and export fuel.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/06/cost-plunges-capturing-carbon-dioxide-air

Why does everything need to be over-engineered? Just keep it simple, natural. Chlorophyll does all that and more. Plants an photosynthesis does just fine at capturing carbon, and they proved all kinds of useful things. Like food, medicines, textiles, fuel, construction materials, shade, shelter, lubricants. The list is nearly endless, and you don't have to design or build a thing. Of course, it's not about the solution, but raising taxes, to pay for the research/design, and building something unnecessary, and likely useless.

The other point would be, that we need to make sure CO2 never, ever drops down near or below 150 ppm. That's where are primary source of food, dies. How would you be able to make sure all these machine get shut off, before the CO2 falls below a critical level? Anyone who benefits from these machines, aren't going to just want to shut them down, and lose those benefits.
26-11-2019 04:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Climate76 wrote:

Why does everything need to be over-engineered? Just keep it simple, natural. Chlorophyll does all that and more. Plants an photosynthesis does just fine at capturing carbon, and they proved all kinds of useful things. Like food, medicines, textiles, fuel, construction materials, shade, shelter, lubricants. The list is nearly endless, and you don't have to design or build a thing. Of course, it's not about the solution, but raising taxes, to pay for the research/design, and building something unnecessary, and likely useless.

The other point would be, that we need to make sure CO2 never, ever drops down near or below 150 ppm. That's where are primary source of food, dies. How would you be able to make sure all these machine get shut off, before the CO2 falls below a critical level? Anyone who benefits from these machines, aren't going to just want to shut them down, and lose those benefits.

You might want to read this Harvey.

https://www.livescience.com/27692-deforestation.html
26-11-2019 20:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21583)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Climate76 wrote:

Why does everything need to be over-engineered?

Too many that think they're engineers, but really have no clue?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Technology will solve problem with carbon capture:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How to solve climate change.3724-02-2024 18:47
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems82709-02-2024 03:41
I The Savior Do Have A Perfect Strategy To Help All National Government Solve Their Financial Issue213-11-2023 15:37
The Technology Team & Some Entities Was, Are Preventing The Messiah To Save The World1702-08-2023 06:23
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact